Any Other Good Fangames?

ShadeStrider

12 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I already Beat Pokemon Reborn, Desolation, Rejuvenation, and Insurgence.

I want another fan game with a dark storyline, with likable characters and Good writing.

Any Recommendations?

Perhaps branch out into playing other JRPG's? Final Fantasy 6 should be right up your ally, if you like Reborn (ie. expansive world, lots of exploration and side-quests, a dark storyline, great chracters etc.) 

12 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition is good too, but beware that the gameplay is a little different from a classic Pokemon

It's such a great game, one of my favorites really. I am waiting since Oct 2015 for an update though. He seems active on his twitter so I'm hoping for an update soon.

15 minutes ago, Combat Medic said:

Pokemon Zeta/Omicron is a complete fan game, but might have one of the worst plot lines and flat characters out there, so be warned. I'd recommend staying away from that one.

I played Zeta and I liked it, it's not as deep as Reborn nor as engaging as Insurgence, but it's a nice overall game I'd say, plus it's complete. I'd give it a try, op.

21 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I want another fan game with a dark storyline, with likable characters and Good writing.

Any Recommendations?

About this, which one would you recommend between Rejuvenation and Desolation? I played Insurgence and Reborn, but I don't know which one to start (first) of these two.

Edited by ItsClint

22 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Any Recommendations?

Reborn is the first 'fangame' I've played, though I have played quite a few rom-hacks.  From what is complete of them, none of them reach quite as well as Reborn, whether in story or difficulty. Pokemon Gaia is the closest, even having an EV/IV counter, some 6th Gen pokemon, and the partially implemented mega evolution, but still falls short (from what I remember, the first half at least was written well).  What little I've seen of the Prism romhack seems interesting (or at least different), but I've been trying to finish Reborn's story before I actually play it myself.

43 minutes ago, ItsClint said:

About this, which one would you recommend between Rejuvenation and Desolation? I played Insurgence and Reborn, but I don't know which one to start (first) of these two.

Personally, I enjoyed Desolation much more than Rejuvenation, but they're really different games.

Rejuvenation: Great story, slightly dark at times, Pokemon battles are a major point of the game, and there's a lot of content to play through as it's already at episode 8.

Desolation: Fantastic story, overall can be very dark (if you reach the end of the current episode, you'll know why,) Pokemon battles are more of "Oh, it's there" and really, the game could do without battling altogether as it's gameplay is heavily focused on the story. There's a decent amount of content, and more around the corner as episode 4 is going to be released soon.

I could be missing a bit from Rejuvenation as it's been a while since I've played it, but that's the main points of the two games.

1 minute ago, Dypatome said:

Personally, I enjoyed Desolation much more than Rejuvenation, but they're really different games.

Rejuvenation: Great story, slightly dark at times, Pokemon battles are a major point of the game, and there's a lot of content to play through as it's already at episode 8.

Desolation: Fantastic story, overall can be very dark (if you reach the end of the current episode, you'll know why,) Pokemon battles are more of "Oh, it's there" and really, the game could do without battling altogether as it's gameplay is heavily focused on the story. There's a decent amount of content, and more around the corner as episode 4 is going to be released soon.

I could be missing a bit from Rejuvenation as it's been a while since I've played it, but that's the main points of the two games.

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to Desolation then. I'll go for that one first. I like a challenge (I'm very, very and I mean very competitive) but I like good plot more :D

Uranium is definitely one I'd recommend checking out. While it's not quite as dark as Reborn, it does get more mature than the standard Pokemon games, and it has quite a number of fun features!

If you're looking for a storyline-driven game that's also dark, Bonfire Stories is a very fun one to explore. The premise of the game is fairly simple-a group of friends sit around a fire and share spooky stories-but the player actually goes through each story as the protagonist! The stories tend to have a much darker touch, but since they're short stories, there's not much exploration of the characters themselves.

This might not be quite what you're looking for, but Ethereal Gates is a fangame I'd certainly recommend. While not exactly darker in storyline (at least, not yet, the demo has not revealed much about the villainous team), the writing is certainly very nice, and the graphics are really excellent!

Insurgence is certainly another one worth checking out, and the story is certainly much darker than most games. (I personally find some of it a bit excessive, which makes it lose its impact, but it actually has a lighter storyline option-it doesn't remove major events like character death, but it does tone down minor things like ritual sacrifices) Like Reborn and Bonfire Stories, it focuses more on a new look at canonical Pokemon than fakemon. (though it does include some in the form of Delta Pokemon)

Edited by TechSkylaner1518