Team Suggestions/Improvements

dylank07

Hi, I've completed episode 16 in my 2nd run (corrupted save file) and have recently beaten Adrienn. I was just wondering if my current team is able to complete the rest of the game. I'm also training a few substitutes, Magnezone, Metagross, Clefable, Flygon, Charizard and Goodra. I haven't trained any EVs specifically, but I have grinded and I'm pretty sure the majority of my IVs are bad. Just leave any suggestions below, thanks

My team -

Greninja - Protean

Mild Nature

Surf

Dark Pulse

Icy Wind

Extrasensory

Blaziken - Speed Boost

Adamant Nature

Flare Blitz

Bulk Up

High Jump Kick

Brave Bird

Serperior - Contrary

Modest Nature

Leech Seed

Leaf Storm

Dragon Pulse

Nature Power

Haxorus - Mold Breaker

Jolly Nature

Dragon Dance

Outrage

Iron Tail

Brick Break (Shadow Claw?)

Mamoswine - Thick Fat

Adamant Nature

Ice Shard

Icicle Crash

Earthquake

Strength (I want to get stealth rock but I'm not sure how)

Gardevoir - Trace

Timid Nature

Psychic

Calm Mind

Moonblast

Trick Room (For Ciel and Mewtwo)

To be honest, your team looks perfectly solid as is. Only thing I might change is replacing Trick Room on Gardevoir with something else. Magical Leaf for a bit of extra coverage? Aside from that, everything seems perfectly good.

There is a move tutor for Stealth Rock at the Peridot market during daytime for that Mamoswine of yours.

As Brick Break and Shadow Claw are two TMs, you can switch them around depending on the situation, but I would personally stick with Brick Break. I find Shadow claw to be more situational.

As the others said, your team is pretty solid, and since you are training a rotation you should be all right for the rest of the game. Maybe another electric type for Amaria ? But you will see what you need once you get to her.

If you need to give an extra boost to your mons, you could check a guide or two on EV training : it is quite easy to do in Reborn.

29 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Very solid team, only recommendation is to give Greninja a modest nature. Also you can get Stealth Rock for Mamoswine in the move tutors in Peridot Ward (after going back to Reborn City).

Agreed on Stealth Rock, but for in-game purposes I'd keep Mild to be honest. Greninja has low base defense either way, if he ever wants to use a physical move it wouldn't be as penalized as he'd be with a Modest nature. If op makes up his mind and goes full special though (I realized this makes little sense because he already has a fully special moveset, what I meant is "if he's sure he'll never use any physical move"), then yes, Modest is by far the best choice.

The team is fairly solid, just pointing out you lack a Fairy, Rock and Flying resist. I'd get a Steel type Pokémon to add in your rotation which fills this role perfectly. Other than that, the team is very, very good.

As others have mentioned, you could replace Trick Room with something else (is Focus Blast in-game yet? I don't remember), you could check move tutors and the move relearner.

Talking about coverage, you lack a Ghost, Poison, Rock, Bug and Electric move. I'd say you could teach Gardevoir Thunderbolt instead of Trick Room to get that sweet sweet Electric coverage, the rest of the moves is kind of negligible (although Rock is very cool offensively, especially Rock Slide in double battles. I was thinking about Aggron for your team to be honest, fits nicely with the resists - quad resists Flying, resists Fairy and Rock - and has stab Rock too).

Edited by ItsClint

Thanks for the comments, I've taught stealth rock to my mamoswine and magical leaf to my gardevoir. My rotation already has some steel types but I'll be sure to get an aggron, along with an ampharos for Amaria. However, I'm not sure how to get thunderbolt for gardevoir in this game. Is there a tm, or do i have to breed?

Edit: I found a rotom in my pc, so that has ghost coverage and is an electric type as well.

Edited by dylank07

26 minutes ago, dylank07 said:

Thanks for the comments, I've taught stealth rock to my mamoswine and magical leaf to my gardevoir. My rotation already has some steel types but I'll be sure to get an aggron, along with an ampharos for Amaria. However, I'm not sure how to get thunderbolt for gardevoir in this game. Is there a tm, or do i have to breed?

Edit: I found a rotom in my pc, so that has ghost coverage and is an electric type as well.

I think the TM for Thunderbolt is still not available for the current episode