jezisback

HI everyone Jez here. 

I've gotten up to the psychic gym the chess based one and my team gets destoryied every time no matter what i do and i was wondering if there was any hints on how to beat it thanks my team is 

lvl 55 ampharos

-discharge

-charge beam

- power gem

-signal beam

lvl 59 gardevoir

- charge beam

- psychic 

- draining kiss

- calm mind

lvl 56 blaziken

- bulk up

- double kick

- blaze kick

- strengh

lvl 59 Honchkrow

- night slash

- brave bird

- wing attack

- roost

- lvl 58 excadrill

- swords dance

- metal claw

- drill run

- rock slide

and a 

lvl 40 sharpedo

- swagger

- poison and ice fang

- destiny bond

if there is anything this team can do to win that would help thanks 

3 minutes ago, jezisback said:

HI everyone Jez here. 

I've gotten up to the psychic gym the chess based one and my team gets destoryied every time no matter what i do and i was wondering if there was any hints on how to beat it thanks my team is 

lvl 55 ampharos

-discharge

-charge beam

- power gem

-signal beam

lvl 59 gardevoir

- charge beam

- psychic 

- draining kiss

- calm mind

lvl 56 blaziken

- bulk up

- double kick

- blaze kick

- strengh

lvl 59 Honchkrow

- night slash

- brave bird

- wing attack

- roost

- lvl 58 excadrill

- swords dance

- metal claw

- drill run

- rock slide

and a 

lvl 40 sharpedo

- swagger

- poison and ice fang

- destiny bond

if there is anything this team can do to win that would help thanks 

lvl up your sharpedo and teach it crunch

I would also drop the blaziken for another dark type or even a bug :D 

I suggest you do the Pangoro and Scraggy side event and pick up one of those little critters. Dark Fighting won't help much against Radomus his ace but trust me when I say that it should help against most of the rest of his team

imo if you really want a speedy team i would suggest bringing something with a taunt preferably something faster than his gallade. i defeated this leader via bringing foretress and setting toxic spikes and spikes while pidgeot spams whirlwind and i just super potion along the way. also whirlwind comes first before trickroom :D 

Don't drop Blaziken for good though...it's one of the best starters in the game supposedly. I'd keep it for Metagross at least

But yeah 5 mons against a Reborn leader is usually a terrible idea first playthrough. Amphy is good against his Malamar with signal beam and Gardevoir should be able to handle Gallade with help from a partner. You kind of messed up evolving Honchkrow before it learned sucker punch though. Night slash will likely not OHKO anything that isn't made of paper without a crit or a moxie boost, plus Honch is slow. However you can play that to your advantage as Honch can utilize trick room. It should be able to easily take out Gallade/Gardevoir(after a moxie boost) with brave bird under trick room.

5 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Don't drop Blaziken for good though...it's one of the best starters in the game supposedly. I'd keep it for Metagross at least

But yeah 5 mons against a Reborn leader is usually a terrible idea first playthrough. Amphy is good against his Malamar with signal beam and Gardevoir should be able to handle Gallade with help from a partner. You kind of messed up evolving Honchkrow before it learned sucker punch though. Night slash will likely not OHKO anything that isn't made of paper without a crit or a moxie boost, plus Honch is slow. However you can play that to your advantage as Honch can utilize trick room. It should be able to easily take out Gallade/Gardevoir(after a moxie boost) with brave bird under trick room.

I said to drop the blaziken because he has an excadrill with drill run for metagross and metal claw for gardevoir. And it doesn't have a psychic weakness :) 

level up that sharpedo and teach it crunch, also teach it strength so you can utilise the field also, i also suggest you get a few more levels on ampharos and blaziken , will help alot not too sure about what to get rid of for crunch my instint would be destiny bond

Edited by sandy