Pokemon that you think are from other generations

Dreamy

• Global Mods

Just interested to know what pokemon other people often forget which generation they're from or feel like they're from a different generation than they actually are. Obvious contenders are things added to evolution lines in later generations.

For the the ones the come time mind first are slugma/magcargo and Skarmory. They always feel like Hoenn pokemon to me because theyre more prominent there, but theyre actually from Johto. Skarmory is probably because is was silver exclusive and I played gold, but I guess I just never saw slugma much.

I always think that Azurill is from the 2nd Generation and Azumarill is from the 3rd.

stupid bunny-ish mouses

This week I was COMPLETELY SURE that Happiny was from Gen 2, just to remember it was from Gen 4

It's probably because Gen 2 added a lot of pre-evos to pokémon from the 1st Gen.

I once found someone who hated gen 5 but said "I'm happy the Sandile evo line came from gen 4, they just dodged the worst pokemon gen" and I just did not know if I should laugh or break his heart

I keep forgetting that Bedew (Gen 4) wasn't introduced alongside Rosalia (Gen 3).  Since I still have yet to formally play 4th gen, I sometimes forget if an unfamiliar Pokemon is from 4th or 6th gen for a few minutes.   

Edited by seki108

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I keep forgetting that Bedew (Gen 4) wasn't introduced alongside Rosalia (Gen 6).  Since I still have yet to formally play 4th gen, I sometimes forget if an unfamiliar Pokemon is from 4th or 6th gen for a few minutes.   

Roselia is from Gen 3.

I often confuse the ones of the later gens (4+) because I haven't played them as heavily as 1-3.

However, despite the fact that I was a very heavy Gen II player (and not much less of I & III), I actually didn't know where to place Marill/Azumarill  just a few days ago.

I would have also put Natu/Xatu in Gen III for sure!

I had thought that Skarmory was Gen 3 too, but Skarm was pretty rare in Gen 2 due to only being on that route that connects Blackthorn to New Bark/Cherrygrove after the player has Fly. If I remember correctly. 

22 minutes ago, Personthing said:

When I was a kid I thought Skarmory and the Slugma line were Gen 3 Pokemon because of how I'd never found them in GSC but they were simple to find in RSE.

Same, but I also thought that Houndoom was a gen 3 pokemon, I uh, didn't play Gen 2 until I finished Emerald.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

anybody remember those piakblu rumors? >.<

they were not rumors. thats how marill was called here before we had gen 2  released  to us xd  we discovered the real name directly by playing the game xd

• 3 weeks later...

LOL I remember the pikablu nonsense.  It's telling that bulbapedia's fanon icon is a literal blue pikachu.

I think pikablue was originally supposed to be referring to Marill before the name was known. But of course not knowing that you'd think it was actually a blue pikachu relative the way people were talking about it. Didn't help that Marill had zero relation to pikachu.

Shellos and Gastrodon were actually supposed to be in 3rd gen but were cut because of time constraints. I also though Skarmory and the Slugma line were from gen 3 as well. I also thought FrLg were the first pokemon games when I was younger and when I saw pokemon like Heracross I was like "Did they predict the future :o ". I wasn't the brightest kid.

• 3 weeks later...

1. I remember Pikablu.

2. Pikablu>Pikachu

3. I always forget that Skarmory was gen 2.  I thought he was gen 3 for a good while.

4. I sometimes forget that Weavile and Mismagius are gen 4 and not 2.

5. Gastrodon was originally designed for gen 3 and yet he was held back for gen 4... that confuses me sometimes.