Tania's Team for E17

Ocho

Well. Since E17 is in the making, and im too impatient, i wanted to do this. This is for fun, there are nearly to no spoilers, i think...

As we may already know, Tania is the next Gym. Why? for those who still dont know here are the "why":

Spoiler

Remember in Amaria and Tania's house, before Tania left, somebody said that "if she ran away somewhere, it would be in her gym at the desert.

And Adrienn Bought us a Train ticket to the desert. Hm, i wonder why...

And the most obvious, is because at the end of E16 appears the "thanks" message "E17: Rust Thicker than water, Thats right, Steel wont make me bleed". This was SUPER obvious.

Well, Now Tania. Until Now we have only seen two Pokes of Tania's Team. Excadrill and her Ace Aegislash.

I think she will have either a Klefki or a Mawile, since Tania comes from Titania, and Titania is the queen of fairies (but i think Tania is inspired in an anime character Erza Scarlet aka Titania from Fairy Tail, A swordfighter with plenty of armours. Ame, however, said (and this frustrates her) that its not based on Erza, its just waaaaay too much coincidence). I think Mawile, since Klefki isnt much of Tania's Personality. 

I also think she'll have a Metagross and/or a Steelix OR and Aggron. Its most probably that Steelix or Aggron will be megas, since a Mega-Metagross seems too dificult, even for Ame. Metagross is likely to be in her team, to keep controled the fight-types

Skarmory is pretty obvious. Maybe alolan dugtrio? since she's in the desert... Excavalier or Scizor are also likely to be in her team. I'm not pretty sure about Magnezone or Bronzong. Lucario is also veeery likely. Empoleon maybe? Since "Rust thicker than water" and Empoleon is water/steel type, and is great controlling fire and ground-types. KlingKlang? nah, maybe no...

So, this is how i think Tania's Team will be:

Mawile

Skarmoy

Metagross

Steelix (Mega)

Empoleon

Aegislash (Ace)

What do you think?

Edited by DeathBoo

• Global Mods

@only seeing two: Actually we've also seen Skarmory. We saw her flying on it to the desert. It can also be assumed she has Scizor since it was her ace in the online league.

Also Titania isn't inspired from Fairy Tail, they just have a lot of similarities. It frustrates Ame how similar they are. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

@only seeing two: Actually we've also seen Skarmory. We saw her flying on it to the desert. It can also be assumed she has Scizor since it was her ace in the online league.

Online League? i dont remeber that

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, DeathBoo said:

Online League? i dont remeber that

Reborn was a Pokemon Online league before it was a game. I think the online league ran from 2010 until early 2014. Also since I'm not sure if you saw my edit (I edited while you were posting): Also Titania isn't inspired from Fairy Tail, they just have a lot of similarities. It frustrates Ame how similar they are. 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Reborn was a Pokemon Online league before it was a game. I think the online league ran until early 2014. Also since I'm not sure if you saw my edit (I edited while you were posting): Also Titania isn't inspired from Fairy Tail, they just have a lot of similarities. It frustrates Ame how similar they are. 

Oh, ok. Well both are reaaaally similar.

• Developers

Actually I think that Ame said Titania wasn't based on Erza Scarlet at all - she didn't know Fairy Tail at the time - despite their striking resemblance.

Excadrill, Skarmory and Aegislash are all confirmed. I think Metagross is pretty likely to be on her team as well. This far into the game I don't think that Mega Metagross would be too difficult either. Probably not Lucario (I think both Kiki and Samson had one) but maybe Magnezone, Ferrothorn or Empoleon? I don't expect another Mawile right after Adrienn and Klefki seems too weak somehow.

Honestly not sure whether to expect MEGAgross or M-Scizor. But if Scizor was her ace in the online league than maybe that's it. Of course unlike Adrienn, Saphira and Ciel she has many megas to choose from.

Summing up this is my guess:

Excadrill

Skarmory

Aegislash

Scizor

Metagross

Empoleon

Whoa... looking at the list maybe this is a bit over the edge? This might actually be closer to her Hardcore team...

1 minute ago, baldr said:
Spoiler

Actually I think that Ame said Titania wasn't based on Erza Scarlet at all - she didn't know Fairy Tail at the time - despite their striking resemblance.

Excadrill, Skarmory and Aegislash are all confirmed. I think Metagross is pretty likely to be on her team as well. This far into the game I don't think that Mega Metagross would be too difficult either. Probably not Lucario (I think both Kiki and Samson had one) but maybe Magnezone, Ferrothorn or Empoleon? I don't expect another Mawile right after Adrienn and Klefki seems too weak somehow.

Honestly not sure whether to expect MEGAgross or M-Scizor. But if Scizor was her ace in the online league than maybe that's it. Of course unlike Adrienn, Saphira and Ciel she has many megas to choose from.

Summing up this is my guess:

Excadrill

Skarmory

Aegislash

Scizor

Metagross

Empoleon

Whoa... looking at the list maybe this is a bit over the edge? This might actually be closer to her Hardcore team...

Since Scizor was her ace, i think scizor will be the mega.

Ame if you see this im sorry i didnt knew it.

As previously stated, we already know 4 out of 6 Pokemon in her team (Skarmory, Aegislash, Excadrill and Scizor), now the other two is a guessing game! Personally, I feel Empoleon would make a lot of sense for multiple reasons - the knight appearance, part water/part steel etc - and I would be very surprised if it is not part of her team. For the last spot, I am guessing Metagross or Ferrothorn! I am very excited to face her! I am feeling she will be one of the toughest gym leaders based on her team and field arena!

Well, you can't assume a team based on what was seen in the past. Florinia and Julia switched teams around. Florinia broke even her typing. 

Also the fairy field (which I think is her field) seem to imply that her aegislash will be physical, instead of the special one you see in the water treatment center.
Now what's more interesting is determing her field and deciding based on that how she can best abuse it. 

So I think a special klefki can be a strong contender for this field. I mean one weakness, 225 base power draining kiss, crafty sheild boost defenses, magician boosts special attack, who needs bad stats with that?

Edited by FairFamily

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well, you can't assume a team based on what was seen in the past. Florinia and Julia switched teams around. Florinia broke even her typing. 

Julia also breaks typing and uses Bronzong. But that was a in a non-gym battle scenario. I think for a gym battle, they'd probably have to stick to their type.

57 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well, you can't assume a team based on what was seen in the past.

Based on how things played till now, if a character appears to be using a Pokemon, then we will face that Pokemon when we eventually battle them! This applies not only to Gym Leaders, but to other characters as well, for example Solaris, Sirius and many more! Unless Titania changes that and doesn't bring one of the four Pokemon mentioned, then there is no reason to think otherwise!

Klefki would indeed make a strong contender to be part of her team, but I doubt Titania will bring a non steel Pokemon for her gym battle! Unless your name is Noel, Gym Leaders stick exclusively to their typing in their gym battles!

11 minutes ago, Anorchoclown said:

Based on how things played till now, if a character appears to be using a Pokemon, then we will face that Pokemon when we eventually battle them! This applies not only to Gym Leaders, but to other characters as well, for example Solaris, Sirius and many more! Unless Titania changes that and doesn't bring one of the four Pokemon mentioned, then there is no reason to think otherwise!

Klefki would indeed make a strong contender to be part of her team, but I doubt Titania will bring a non steel Pokemon for her gym battle! Unless your name is Noel, Gym Leaders stick exclusively to their typing in their gym battles!

Klefki is steel/fairy. Also many trainers have made a point of it to change around their teams.

Okay I'll leave the memes aside, Tania's team already have four guaranteed pokemon:

M-Scizor (Ace)

Excakill

Skarmory

Aegislash

Those are all absurdly strong pokemon, her team is gonna be a beast. I think that Empoleon would round off her team well giving her a much needed counter to Fire pokemon. As for the last... There are plenty of great choices: Lucario, Ferrothorn, Bisharp, Metagross, Magnezone and Durant. So I could see it being any of those. Since she most likely is going to give out Flash Cannon as a TM, I think that at least half of her mons should use it. So because of that I believe the last mon will be either Lucario or Magnezone. I'm betting on Lucario because she needs some speed on her team. So here's my final prediction for her team:

M-Scizor (Ace)

Excadrill

Skarmory

Aegislash

Empoleon

Lucario

Man, this gym battle is gonna be hard. Some could say it will be hard as STEEL.

So far we know that she has an Aegislash, a Skarmory, and an Excadrill. Scizor would also be a likely mon as that was her ace in the online league, and if the pattern holds then the ace of all leaders stays the same regardless if it's in-game or in the online league. I really doubt that a gym leader of her level will use something too limited like an Aggron, a Klinklang or a Steelix. Forretress and Durant are strong Steel-types, but the fact that they share a x4 weakness with Scizor makes me doubt Ame will give her either of them. Mawile's a good guess, but since Adrienn used a Mega Mawhile I really doubt that it'll repeat the mon, especially as Mawile is pretty mediocre without its mega stone. Togedemaru is out of the question as it's a pretty bad mon in general. Klefki got nerfed hard with the Prankster nerf and the AI doesn't use support mons that well. Bastiodon is somewhat outclassed as a physical wall because of its x4 Fighting and Ground weakness. Probopass is a good pivot and would be pretty out of the left field, but still has that x4 weakness to Ground and Fighting that makes Aggron and Bastiodon poor mons. Escavalier and Ferrothorn are also good mons, but Escavalier's speed makes him too easy of a picking and still with the x4 weakness to Fire and whatnot. I also wouldn't pick A-Sandslash as aside from the x4 weakness to Fire and Fighting, it would work far better on a icy field, not something Titania would fight on. So my final predictions for non-legendary fully evolved mons are:

Near Certain:

-Aegislash

-Skarmory

-Scizor

-Excadrill

Very Likely:

-Empoleon

-Lucario

-Metagross

Likely:

-Ferrothorn

-Dugtrio

-Bisharp

-Magnezone

More or Less Likely:

-Probopass

-Steelix

-Klefki

-Mawile

-Escavalier

-Durant

-Bronzong

-Bastiodon

Unlikely:

-Aggron

-Sandslash

-Wormadam

-Togedemaru

-Klinklang

Since Titania's an Empress Arcana person, she'll likely have ones that hits hard and hard to be hit like cavalries' charge and heavy armored knights. She probably take advantage of the sandstorms to scar opponent's mon little each turn. Considering gym leaders has counters, in Titania's case; fighting, ground and fire weakness, below is my prediction of Titania's roster.

Fast, Hits Hard Mons: Scizor(Technician), Excadrill, Metagross

Bulky Juggernaut mons/Wall: Mega Aggron, Excalibur Aegislash, Skarmory

Possible: Lucario with SW boosted Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave replacing Scizor/Metagross

Why Mega Aggron? Because of Filter ability, that reduces 75% of SE damage. Maybe its stat doesn't change much but Filter certainly an OP defensive ability and sure handy when you have only 2x weakness to Fire, Fighting and Ground types.

Spoiler

nagisa.png

Behold novice tier photoshop

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

Just a reminder that we will almost certainly be battling Titania on the Fairy Tale field, which makes Fire attacks gain Dragon typing and, thus, no longer being SE against Steel.

Yeah, Aegislash, Skarmory, Excadrill and M-Scizor are near certainties, with Empoleon being a very likely choice. The last mon is still very much up to debate, though. I want to guess either a Metagross or a Bronzong to further deal with Steel's weakness to Fighting.

11 hours ago, Anstane said:

Just a reminder that we will almost certainly be battling Titania on the Fairy Tale field, which makes Fire attacks gain Dragon typing and, thus, no longer being SE against Steel.

Yeah, Aegislash, Skarmory, Excadrill and M-Scizor are near certainties, with Empoleon being a very likely choice. The last mon is still very much up to debate, though. I want to guess either a Metagross or a Bronzong to further deal with Steel's weakness to Fighting.

I was going to post just to highlight the Fairy Tale field effect on Fire attacks. It is worth noting that it removes one of the two weaknesses of Klefki, and gives a massive boost to Draining Kiss and Crafty Shield, while also giving it +1 sp attack should it run Magician. Klefki can also learn Flash Cannon and Magnet Rise to get rid of that last weakness...

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Is Tania the girl with the diary and the dispute with the blue haired cutiepie? Both of them jumping at a waterfall?

That would be Titania yes

Edited by Artemesya

• 2 weeks later...

Excadrill, Skarmory and Aegislash (ace) are already known;

Scizor was her Online League Ace, then M-Scizor would be the best bet;

Empoleon is very likely because of Amaria;

Last slot is a bit shady tho, but I'd say Celesteela, Magearna or even Solgaleo A-Sandslash or Togedemaru to promote Gen VII pokémons.

39 minutes ago, whodat09 said:

I don't know if I missed something..but why are we certain that we'll be battling Titania on the fairy tale field?

Quite a few posts from Ame have hinted at it when introducing the field effect, so it seems likely she may use it. I think she being made out to be a Steel Rose like character, who is hardcore to her enemies but has a soft spot perhaps?