Beat me in battle, get a nice shiny Pokémon.

Hect

So, I'm more of a lurker. I rarely ever comment on anything at all, I'm just like that. But since I'm still waiting to play Sun & Moon, and kind of developed a strong urge to have some competitive battles in non-competitive enviroments (That was a weird way of wording it. I'm German, okay? My English isn't perfect, nor will it ever be.), I decided to offer shinies to people who can beat my teams in Pokémon Reborn. Now, this isn't exactly going to be another trade thread, I suppose. I'm just going to list a Pokémon, add a couple of fancy screenshots and there you go. First come, first serve. I generally almost always have time, I'm not exactly a busy person.. (Yeah, alright. That may be subject to change, one day.) Ah, and I'm really passionate about breeding. Though, I will limit the battles to one per week, as I'm also kind of a lazy person. If you need breedjects of any kind, just PM me. I generally don't want anything special in exchange, though, I still appreciate other breedjects with egg moves. Also, I think that the online battle feature in Pokémon Reborn isn't used as much as it should be. (Hey, I could be totally wrong about that.) The OT for the Pokémon will always be "Leon". We'll battle using the online battle feature in Pokémon Reborn, if I haven't clarified that already. Make sure to have a competitively trained team, otherwise it won't be that easy.

That being said, let's get to the rules:

1. You can basically use everything you want. I'm not going to tell you what Pokémon my team consists of, that'd be pretty boring.

2. Scrap rule #1. Now that I start thinking this through, I'm going to ban Blaziken from this. Nyeh, hate me! (You should totally, like, try using Mienshao or other fancy Fighting types. They are fun to use.)

3. If you see that one person posted, please don't leave another comment. If the person lost, I won't post anything. If the person won, I'll continue on with the next Pokémon.

Finally, I'll go over some questions that may or may not come up:

How long will I be doing this? And when?

As long as there is demand, I'll just add Pokémon at my leisure (In a new post, I probably won't be editing this one. Unless there's anything wrong with it.. let me know, I guess.) and send a PM to the first person that wants it.

What kind of IV's can we expect on those Pokémon?

I generally try to go for Pokémon with 5-6 IV's, since I'm also working on adding to my rotation while I'm doing this. Yes, that can be rather time-consuming, so don't expect me to offer too many Pokémon.

If I lose against you, can I expect any kind of consolation prize?

Nah, if you lose, you're out. (For the duration of that offer, of course.) It's that simple. You can however just send me another PM and ask me for breedjects of the Pokémon that I offered, because I will gladly give you one of those.

Will you always use the same team, or will you change things up a bit?

So, yeah. I was thinking about always using the same team, since assembling decent teams can be tedious and also time-consuming. I'll probably switch some Pokémon here and there, but that's all I'll do, I guess. And I'm not exactly the best competitive player, y'know.

Why are you doing this?

I was bored. Also, I felt like being a nice person and encouraging people to use their teams that they trained up, since my teams are essentially just rotting while I lie in wait (eagerly as always) for the next episode. Guess it's no different for most other people. And yeah, I've never done anything like that before, and I'm also not exactly the most active member of this community, nor does anybody really know me. But it just sounded like a nice concept while I imagined it. So, yeah.. don't be too mad with me in case I'm doing anything wrong.

Will the Pokémon have any egg moves?

If I deem them useful, yes, certainly. I'll include an example right in this post.

What will be the field we're fighting on?

Random. For extra fun and gambling.

Alright, that concludes the tiny Q&A thing. I'm trying really hard to keep this organised, since I've never done anything like that before. Also, my English skills are kinda limited. Guess I'll have to take another class at some point. Ah, and I obviously didn't think this through, so I didn't come up with any kind of form just yet. Guess I'll just make something up. Here goes, the first Pokémon. Consider this an example of what it's going to look like.. why am I nervous, anyway?

1. Chansey

Nature: Bold

Ability: Natural Cure

IV's: 31/14/31/31/31/31

Moves: Growl, Pound, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss

Item held: Leftovers (Heck, you probably want some if you're going for that Blissey..)

BoKakXA.png

xftGs0K.png

Alright, let's see how this is going to play out.. I'm really not that good at organising things.

Edited by Lagspike

40 minutes ago, Chessdude said:

If no one has given confirmation, I'd love to have a shot. 

Will be online in about an hour

Well, never got confirmation from Anthony. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. Kinda excited. PM sent!

19 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

I would personally love to have a shot at any other pokemon, so I'll keep my eyes open for you ;) kudos to the idea btw

Haha, I'll hurry up with the next Pokémon. Maybe you'll get a shot at this one, but I'm not exactly good at competitive, heh.