Need help for 3rd gym

Eray2705

My current team: http://prntscr.com/duac2u

I battled Shelly about 5 times now and i can't seem to win

i know i have too few pokemon but i just didn't have the ability to get some new ones yet and i dont want to level pokemons that i just use for that gym you know because i dont habe a exp-share so it's quite hard but that's ok now because i am frustraded :D

so i just wanted to ask which pokemon should i add to my team to win this fight? pls tell me where to find this pokemons too! :D 

thank you all so much

Edited by Eray2705

Now, I'm going off of Episode 15 knowledge here, so I apologize if anything I say is incorrect due to events being changed.

If memory serves, there is a Numel (fire/ground type) you can find at Grandview station (where you first started your game) while there is rain in the overworld. You need Pokesnax to make it appear and to be able to battle it. It comes with Flame Burst, which is where it's usefulness lies. If Shelley is still using the same field she did before, then you can use Flame Burst to set this field on fire (it transforms the forest field into a burning field) and deal fire-type damage to her Pokemon every turn (It scales based on the typing of the Pokemon taking damage, so Shelley's bug-types take quite a lot of damage). This strategy makes the Shelly fight incredibly easy. Just make sure Numel is around the same level as your Pokemon there. Hope this helps!

The two tips above are actually a devastating combo. If you don't want to use Numel, you can also get Growlithe by rescuing the police officers in Jasper/Beryl or Slugma in the Onyx arcade. I do have to admit, that Numel is the best out of the three and it will evolve once it catches up to your other mons, the other two won't. Geodude with the move Smack Down will carry you hard, because it gains additional fire typing once the whole gym burns. Be careful though, as Shelly's mons carry water and grass moves. If the field isn't burning the 4x weakness will end your mighty pebble. The burning field will however weaken that and Geodude/Graveler doesn't take much field damage because of its typing. Light it up and stone her hard.

5 minutes ago, BlackRum said:

The two tips above are actually a devastating combo. If you don't want to use Numel, you can also get Growlithe by rescuing the police officers in Jasper/Beryl or Slugma in the Onyx arcade. I do have to admit, that Numel is the best out of the three and it will evolve once it catches up to your other mons, the other two won't. Geodude with the move Smack Down will carry you hard, because it gains additional fire typing once the whole gym burns. Be careful though, as Shelly's mons carry water and grass moves. If the field isn't burning the 4x weakness will end your mighty pebble. The burning field will however weaken that and Geodude/Graveler doesn't take much field damage because of its typing. Light it up and stone her hard.

bist du deutscher? wenn ja ich finde numel nicht :D 

i can't find numel 

Ich bin Schweizer. Numel/Camaub ist vor dem zerstörten Bahnhof, wo du das Spiel begonnen hast. Es taucht nur auf, wenn es regnet und man Julia besiegt hat. Ich denke es kann bei dir also am Wetter liegen. Wenns nicht regnet, stell das Datum an deinem Pc um, das Wetter ändert ja mit dem Kalendertag. Du brauchst PokéSnacks um es einsammeln zu können. Die anderen sagen, es könnte verschoben worden sein mit Episode 16, doch das stimmt nicht, ich habs auch mit meinem Episode 16 file geholt.

Numel isn't timed differently unless I'm mixing things up now. I started an episode 16 file and I have aquired Numel the same way as before.

Edited by BlackRum

I agree with what everyone said previously. Shelly gave me some problems as well but if you can acquire a fire type it will definitely make your life easier. Numel, Growlithe, Ponyta, and Pansear are all available at this point in the game. Graveler will be useful too for some Rock STAB. Also if you can get Emolga it learns Acrobatics at level 30 and it can potentially run through her entire team. Hope this helps and good luck!

Captain here! Don't know if Schweitzer guy wrote this, but lil problem is that with EP 16 Shelly will set up with rain dance on the first turn, so you won't be able to burn the field to the ground. I was lucky enough to get a starly from the mistery egg, and staraptor laughed at that gym, though there are other ways you may wanna try:

• You could just concentrate on killing volbeat (so she can't set up again) and wait for the rain to stop, the burn the hell out of her. Level up your Pokémon and, as the others suggested, rock Pokémon are good companions. Graveler hits hard and with sturdy may also resist a turn (and golem will be a badass even in later game).
  • You could get two fast Pokémon and kill volbeat before she sets up, then as in point 1: burn the hell out of her.
  • Use the rain as an advantage: water moves will be powered up so water Pokémon will hit hard. Also you may be able to get Corey's croagunk (not sure if you can yet) in the icy cave, he resists to Shelly's attacks, regains PS with rain and may poison your enemies.

Hope you'll find this post helpful, but man get ready for far worse battles, life in Reborn is pretty harsh 😈

IMO your best bet would be adding slugma from Onix Arcade (talk to everyone; after you get all those coins, you'll need to buy just 150-ish) and an onix (peridot event; talk to the homeless guy east of the trainstation).

Slugma may have to be replaced later on (magcargo is just TOO slow).

And i'd go for onix instead of geodude in this instance just because of the exp boost due to not being the OT (faster training, and lack of exp share/lucky egg).