Avery

Found Again

13 posts in this topic

Heya, it's Avery! I'm a prospective Biology student, and will be attending university later this year once I finish my last semester of Snooze Fest.

Moving on to the important stuff: I've been playing Pokémon since I was a wee pup (9) with Diamond Version, all the way to Moon. A year or two ago I started researching fan games, and picked this one up. I only logged about 3 hours on that copy before got a new computer and Reborn was shelved. Unfortunately, it was never "deshelved" and was lost to memory. That brings us to a couple of months ago where I was thinking about how much I liked playing it, and wanted to download it again and start afresh. The only problem was that I couldn't remember Reborn's name (embarrassing, I know), so there was no way of finding it back. Except Shofu just uploaded Reborn part 74 yesterday and I was like "Oh. My. God. This is it.", and with that stroke of luck I'm back here. It was, very frustrating looking for this off and on since September. xD

I'm looking forward to getting into the community here if you'll have me!

 

Also, a couple of quick questions if I'm allowed to ask them here? Are the EV reset berries in the game? I'm terrible at EV training and mess up quite frequently. And is the account I created in-game for online features different than my forums account? I'm assuming it is.

Edited by Avery
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they are, though they are a ways in, depending on your collection of Department store stickers (through various side-quests).  On a another note, welcome (back?)!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe so but you need quite a few department stickers for it

There is also another method to completely remove EV's but the method is expensive (but instant) and should be available toward the end of EP 16

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Yes they are, though they are a ways in, depending on your collection of Department store stickers (through various side-quests).  On a another note, welcome (back?)!

 

18 minutes ago, Chessdude said:

I believe so but you need quite a few department stickers for it

There is also another method to completely remove EV's but the method is expensive (but instant) and should be available toward the end of EP 16

Awesome! Thank you so much! Now I don't have to feel bad about botching up my sets. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chessdude said:

I believe so but you need quite a few department stickers for it

There is also another method to completely remove EV's but the method is expensive (but instant) and should be available toward the end of EP 16

This! Welcome back btw!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back! The feeling of trying to find something again and not remembering enough is frustrating or sure, glad to hear you found your way back.

Happens to me a lot with songs, just last month I finally managed to find one I've been trying to remember for a decade :')

 

As for your question regarding the forum account/online play account - yep, they're separate entities. That way people don't have to create an account here to use the game's online features, y'see? A lot of us have both, of course, but the only thing that connects them is the owner behind 'em. It can be practical to use the forum to find people to trade and battle with, of course!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings delicious friend

Come in, we don't bite, much

We are definitely not a vampires, now where would you get that idea?

Though many on here do hate sunlight,

'tis merely a coincidence though

Many funs are to be had, if you know where to look.

A word of advice though, stay away from the Onyx Arcade, that place is pure cancer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tartar said:

word of advice though, stay away from the Onyx Arcade, that place is pure cancer.

Did he say stay away from the Onyx Arcade? Sorry, but I think he meant to say go through the Onyx Arcade. 

 

But anyway, welcome to the forums! You'll definitely have a blast here. 

Just know that Reborn isn't the only game we have; we've also got Rejuvenation, Desolation, Spork, and a whole lot more developing if you click around! Do check some of them out, they're pretty great.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ZEL said:

Welcome back! The feeling of trying to find something again and not remembering enough is frustrating or sure, glad to hear you found your way back.

Happens to me a lot with songs, just last month I finally managed to find one I've been trying to remember for a decade :')

 

As for your question regarding the forum account/online play account - yep, they're separate entities. That way people don't have to create an account here to use the game's online features, y'see? A lot of us have both, of course, but the only thing that connects them is the owner behind 'em. It can be practical to use the forum to find people to trade and battle with, of course!

A. DECADE.

Okay, thank you so much. I was a little worried I accidentally made two accounts by the same name? I tend to have bad luck with that. :o

 

 

19 hours ago, Dypatome said:

Did he say stay away from the Onyx Arcade? Sorry, but I think he meant to say go through the Onyx Arcade. 

 

But anyway, welcome to the forums! You'll definitely have a blast here. 

Just know that Reborn isn't the only game we have; we've also got Rejuvenation, Desolation, Spork, and a whole lot more developing if you click around! Do check some of them out, they're pretty great.

It's okay I don't have a gambling problem? Maybe.

Thank you! I'll have to look some of those up as well!

 

P.S. This is a double post and looking back I probably should have quoted twice in the same post? I'm sorry forum gods.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, I first heard the song when my English wasn't good enough to understand, let alone remember the lyrics. So by the time I was trying to find it again, I had nothing to go by. I only recently found it because I had a sudden hunch about who the artist could be, and it turned out to be correct.

 

Don't worry; you can't make two accounts with the same name. Well, I mean, obviously you can use the same name here and for online play, but within the system, all names are unique.

If you try to register a name that someone else already uses, you'll not be able to complete registration.

 

PS: Yep, that'd count as a double post, and we generally try to avoid those here. But it's no problem; mistakes happen, and you can simply report one of the posts so a mod can delete/merge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome to Reborn! :D We hope you enjoy your stay! :D We also have a showdown server where you can do pokémon battles, so feel free to check that out! :D We also the Redemption League going on. If you're interested in checking it out, here it is: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24287-s2-redemption-sign-up-thread/

 

I also happen to study Biology a lot. Right now, I'm in high school studying Zoology. I'm also in science elective and I heard rumors that we might be studying forensic science as our biology block. So yeah, great to see another Biology student! :D

 

Anyways, hope we get to know each other more! :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ZEL said:

Haha, I first heard the song when my English wasn't good enough to understand, let alone remember the lyrics. So by the time I was trying to find it again, I had nothing to go by. I only recently found it because I had a sudden hunch about who the artist could be, and it turned out to be correct.

 

Don't worry; you can't make two accounts with the same name. Well, I mean, obviously you can use the same name here and for online play, but within the system, all names are unique.

If you try to register a name that someone else already uses, you'll not be able to complete registration.

 

PS: Yep, that'd count as a double post, and we generally try to avoid those here. But it's no problem; mistakes happen, and you can simply report one of the posts so a mod can delete/merge.

That's pretty crazy. 0.o I'm glad you were correct!

Yeah I've made a lot of double accounts before and it's just. Uncomfortable and awkward as heck.

Okay, thank you again. I did indeed report my own post, lmao. We'll see what happens.

 

 

15 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Hello and Welcome to Reborn! :D We hope you enjoy your stay! :D We also have a showdown server where you can do pokémon battles, so feel free to check that out! :D We also the Redemption League going on. If you're interested in checking it out, here it is: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24287-s2-redemption-sign-up-thread/

 

I also happen to study Biology a lot. Right now, I'm in high school studying Zoology. I'm also in science elective and I heard rumors that we might be studying forensic science as our biology block. So yeah, great to see another Biology student! :D

 

Anyways, hope we get to know each other more! :D 

Thank you so much! I'll check out that League, though I'm no where near competitive. I take it that it's on the Showdown server? We would be challenging gym leaders with our teams? I have some experience with singles, so I might give it a go. I don't know if this information is useful, but my Showdown is 'Actual Avery'.

Awesome! Forensic would creep me out a little bit, but I would still be hyped. It's so cool to meet someone with my same interests here! :D Most of my experience in science has been with the environment and plant life, so I'm really looking forward to branching out!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now