(spoiler) Dark Material Theories?

Moneybanks416

Hey everyone!

Spoiler

So I completed episode 16 and I have the two dark materials sitting in my bag. I know there's no use for them as of yet but I'm curious as to what theories you have for what they might be used for in the future. Do you think they'll be used for more event mons as with the data chip or have a more story related purpose? I personally would like to think they're related to getting Giratina to help us stop Arceus from destroying the city, but that's a little extreme for two obscure side items! Let me hear your thoughts!

1 hour ago, Moneybanks416 said:

Hey everyone!

Reveal hidden contents

So I completed episode 16 and I have the two dark materials sitting in my bag. I know there's no use for them as of yet but I'm curious as to what theories you have for what they might be used for in the future. Do you think they'll be used for more event mons as with the data chip or have a more story related purpose? I personally would like to think they're related to getting Giratina to help us stop Arceus from destroying the city, but that's a little extreme for two obscure side items! Let me hear your thoughts!

Wait, what? There are two 'dark material's? I found one with the sanctum key, but could you perhaps give me a hint to where the second one is? I thought I had finished all the sidequests... (Probably not the place to ask this, I'm sorry)

4 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

Wait, what? There are two 'dark material's? I found one with the sanctum key, but could you perhaps give me a hint to where the second one is? I thought I had finished all the sidequests... (Probably not the place to ask this, I'm sorry)

Spoiler

Try the place where a certain dark-type gym leader resides, using a certain HM to access it. Sorry for being so cryptic but I don't want to spoil! Let me know if you get stumped

15 minutes ago, Moneybanks416 said:
  Hide contents

Try the place where a certain dark-type gym leader resides, using a certain HM to access it. Sorry for being so cryptic but I don't want to spoil! Let me know if you get stumped

Thank you. Now I just need to figure out where that was again. But I'm sure I'll find it! If I don't, I'll let you know

We do know what the dark materials are for. I think I read this somewhere (someone found this in the code)

Spoiler

Once we get three dark materials (the third is behind luna and requires rock climb), they can be used to get a deino, which means another psuedo-legendary that we need rock climb for.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

We do know what the dark materials are for. I think I read this somewhere (someone found this in the code)

Reveal hidden contents

Once we get three dark materials (the third is behind luna and requires rock climb), they can be used to get a deino, which means another psuedo-legendary that we need rock climb for.

That's a shame...

I really hoped it was an event item to get Necrozma