Frenchie willing to work for youuuu

Cqted

Hello ! My name is Victor but you can just call me CqTed ! :D 

So as you can see in the title i'm a French dude ! I discovered this game a few days ago and I absolutely enjoyed it : the story, the characters, the humour, the difficulty, the pokemons available, the "common-candy" cool mechanic, the city design, in short, everything.

So first of all, thank you for your hard work !  

The reason I signed up to the forum is pretty simple. See, I'd like to make my contribution to this big and amazing project. I was surfing on YouTube searching for a let's play of the game in french you know. And I just couldn't find much. I believe the fact that the game is in english may prevent french players from getting into the game and fully enjoy it and I find this really sad to be honest... :(

So this is why I wanted to ask you if you were interested in working on a translation ? I would work on it on my free time. I know I can do a good job translating the game in french. And even if you can find mistakes in this text ("Hello. -Sorry for bad english") , I understand english better than I speak it. So translating into french is way easier for me than writing in english. ^_^ 

I'm really excited about it. I don't know much about coding and so on, but if it isn't too hard for you to replace the english texts by the french ones and  to give the choice to the players between the two languages, then I really hope you will agree. :D 

I can't wait to see your answer ! Have a good day everyone ! ^_^ 

Cqted. 

• Global Mods

Ame has said people are welcome to translate the game to other languages, but that it's probably better to do it once the entire game is complete to avoid having to do it again every time there's a new episode. (in addition to new content, there are sometimes dialogue changes in older content)

Also, welcome to Reborn. Here's an ice cream sandwich

22-ice-cream-sandwich-w1200-h630.jpg

Hi Cherub ! Thanks for the ice cream (and making me hungry by the way ... -_-

All right but if I begin now I assume even if there are changes to dialogues they won't be massive right ? I mean, if I start working on it, at least the big part will be done ;) 

Do you know how can I do it properly ? I guess I have to find the text file, then what do I do ? I create a second one where I translate ? Do I have to save it somewhere in particular ? Is there a character number limit for each sentence ? For official translation such as item description and pokedex entries, wich pokemon version should I reffer to ? Or perhaps Ame invented new pokedex entries for copyright purposes I don't know, meaning that I have to translate every pokedex entry ? 

I'm sorry I know it's a lot of questions to answer but I really want to do it seriously and properly. :P 

• Global Mods
41 minutes ago, Cqted said:

Hi Cherub ! Thanks for the ice cream (and making me hungry by the way ... -_-

All right but if I begin now I assume even if there are changes to dialogues they won't be massive right ? I mean, if I start working on it, at least the big part will be done ;) 

Do you know how can I do it properly ? I guess I have to find the text file, then what do I do ? I create a second one where I translate ? Do I have to save it somewhere in particular ? Is there a character number limit for each sentence ? For official translation such as item description and pokedex entries, wich pokemon version should I reffer to ? Or perhaps Ame invented new pokedex entries for copyright purposes I don't know, meaning that I have to translate every pokedex entry ? 

I'm sorry I know it's a lot of questions to answer but I really want to do it seriously and properly. :P 

Oh, my name's actually Ice Cream Sand Witch. Cherub is my post rank, and my username is above that. 

I don't think the changes in dialogue would be massive except for when new mechanics are added to the game. This actually did happen in E16 with the new Field and PULSE Pokegear apps being added, though. And E17 will add Gen 7.

You would first need to get RPG Maker XP and then open Reborn in this program. In order to do so you'd need the PBS files, which you can find by searching for threads where other people asked or by asking Ame herself. There is a character limit for each text entry, but RPG Maker comes with a program called "extendtext" which you can use to bypass that character limit if you need to. I'm not really sure which version of Pokedex Reborn goes by, since I personally don't read the Pokedex entries, but I assume they're the Gen 6 ones. 

I hope my answers were helpful ^^'

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Oh, my name's actually Ice Cream Sand Witch. Cherub is my post rank, and my username is above that. 

Oh... I feel so bad now, I'm so f. stupid sometimes.

Thanks for you answer, this is exactly what I needed, you helped a lot ^_^ 

Thank you guys, the community looks very friendly here :) I'm pretty sure I'll have a good time ! ;) 

What games are you talking about ? Where can I find them ? I'll make sure I give it a shot but first I really need to complete reborn evolved which I find really difficult, espcially with my mindset... I'm really perfectionnist and I hate to lose a single battle. I'm getting very upset and I feel the need to start all over again... x) 

I really want to try a Nuzlocke even if I know it will be impossible very hard. Do you have any suggestions ? I read the "extra" section about Nuzlocke but I can't make a decision whether or not I want to consider wild pokemons as an area encounter... what do you think ? Do you guys play Nuzlocke ? 

Bienvenue à toi ! ^^

The other games can be found on the 'fan-game exposé' section, but the majority isn't very long. At the moment, Rejuvenation and Desolation offer some good lifetime. As for the nuzlocke, i don't play it myself, i just can't let my poor pokemons die '-' ... but others did (and succeded... i think... maybe...) ! If you just want to make the game harder, you can also do a monotype run or another specific challenge of your invention (as the Zekrom/Reshiram-only run of IntSys). There's plenty of things to do ! \o/

Hope you enjoy your stay ^^