What has everybody else been up to now that the holiday season is ending?

OraCLesofFire

With the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017, it seems like people are starting to settle down into the new year. So what have you been up to recently? Any good books or movies you've watched recently? Any unexpected changes in your life?

I've spent the beginning of this year prepping for a surgery and have been in the hospital the last few days recovering, so I'm bored to tears. I watched the new "Arrival" movie in December and have been attempting to read my way through the short story which inspired it whenever I haven't had a headache.

Hope you guys have been having a more enjoyable time than I have this new year! :D

Just watched Rogue 1. I liked it but I don't think it was worth all the hype. But hey, there was a lot to like and small things that probably mean a lot to the hardcore fans. Still definitely worth a watch, even if you aren't the biggest fan, like me.

I watched Collateral Beauty. I liked it quite a bit and there were a lot of nice quotes in there, but

Spoiler

The interactions with love, death and time are on the short side, and when he finally replies, that's pretty short too.

And I saw the twist coming pretty early on...

Other than that, just chillin' and eating good food.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

I liked it but I don't think it was worth all the hype

I watched it with my father, and I think it was the first star wars movie he's enjoyed since the original trilogy :). It was nice to finally hear him talk about a movie positively, he could be a movie critic for all the hate he tends to pile on to them lol

Good food is good life. I can't wait to get out of here so I can get back to eating whatever I want.

2 minutes ago, OraCLesofFire said:

I watched it with my father, and I think it was the first star wars movie he's enjoyed since the original trilogy :). It was nice to finally hear him talk about a movie positively, he could be a movie critic for all the hate he tends to pile on to them lol

Good food is good life. I can't wait to get out of here so I can get back to eating whatever I want.

You should show this vid to your father.

Sitting in front of a computer.

That is all. Sounds fulfilling, eh? Honestly, though. I should probably do something more special while I still have free time. But right now, I'm stuck in my room since there's too much snow outside. It's pretty to look at, but annoying to deal with.

This is someting that a lot of people are going to be jealous about.

The fun part is that I am more fit than before the holiday. I did a lot of running so my stamina got better. And that when most of my friends are complaining that they got fatter.

It's just the thing that my body does. Not gaining weight. It has it's downsides too people.

Almost forgot, I finished my new playthrough of E16 too. That is a good thing.

Holiday season? It is the month of misery here (1st semestrial finals at uni). The prospect of at the end of it having sat on my ass for nearly two months because of it makes it even worse.
But hey, at least I have ten pounds of chocolate now, even though I struggle to eat even one of it.