Need suggestions!

Picora Hazard

Greetings fellow trainer.

Since episode 17 might took awhile to release, I decided to play other Pokemon fan-games. Since I don't really know any of em, any suggestions on what should I play?

I really want a game which has a steel-poison type fakemon though, might be fun for monoruns.

It's not fakemon, but Desolation has a great storyline too-- just be prepared that it's only up to episode 3, which is around 20-30ish hours of gameplay.

Rejuvenation is fantastic too, and that has plenty of content so you'll be busy for a while.

I've also heard that Spork is pretty good, but I can't say too much about it because I haven't played it myself yet. (Thanks for taking up so much time Reborn)
All of these are here on the forums, and you'll find them if you just click around a little.

Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark is to date my favorite fan game with fakemon in it.  It has some of the best looking designs I have seen and even has that Steel/Poison Pokemon you are looking for.  The game is also almost complete and the developers should be releasing the full game really soon so keep your eye out. 

36 minutes ago, Dypatome said:

It's not fakemon, but Desolation has a great storyline too-- just be prepared that it's only up to episode 3, which is around 20-30ish hours of gameplay.

Rejuvenation is fantastic too, and that has plenty of content so you'll be busy for a while.

I've also heard that Spork is pretty good, but I can't say too much about it because I haven't played it myself yet. (Thanks for taking up so much time Reborn)
All of these are here on the forums, and you'll find them if you just click around a little.

I've played Rejunevation!

It's pretty awesome and I love it, still waiting for the next update though

Thank you for the suggestion~

14 minutes ago, Deserign said:

Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark is to date my favorite fan game with fakemon in it.  It has some of the best looking designs I have seen and even has that Steel/Poison Pokemon you are looking for.  The game is also almost complete and the developers should be releasing the full game really soon so keep your eye out. 

You're a life saver. I'm really thankful for the suggestion, you rock.

1 hour ago, Picora Hazard said:

So is the game completed yet? Or there's going to be another update?

Well demo 5 is the latest release but the developers are almost done with the full game and the next update, which should come out within the next few weeks, will be the final update and have the complete game.

54 minutes ago, Deserign said:

Well demo 5 is the latest release but the developers are almost done with the full game and the next update, which should come out within the next few weeks, will be the final update and have the complete game.

Alright, I'll download it when the complete game gets released

1 hour ago, Twilightwing said:

I recommend pokemon Insurgence.  Got some neat delta pokemon which are pokemon with different types. They also got a chill community and online play

I've tried Insurgence and it was awesome. But in the mid-gameplay my save file was corrupted so I decided to stop playing rather than start over

6 hours ago, DemICE said:

Pokemon Metal has an interesting sidequest system, and isnt bad at all.  Recycles some classic canon characters too.

Wow a completed game. This is gonna be radical! Thank you so much for your suggestion!

I recommend Legends of The Arena, it's a pretty good game that calls back to the Colosseum style Pokemon games. It also has a pretty solid story and some good old tongue in cheek humor. The only potential turn off is that you play as the male trainer from 4th gen whose hat is known to trigger people for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

I second most of these suggestions on this thread! (the few I don't are the ones I've never heard of-I'll have to try them out soon! Thanks for sharing!)

Adding to the list, I'd recommend-

• Ethereal Gates-A game with a Fakemon-only dex, and a lot of nice visual improvements! (I tend to think of its graphic style as "Gen 5.5"-it's not 3D like Gen 6 was, but it's still improving on Gen 5 graphics) The current demo only goes up to just past the second gym, I think, but there's still plenty of content to enjoy up to that point!
  • Spectrum-A game with a mix of Fakemon and canon Pokemon, using Gen 5 graphics. Not sure how far it goes-I think past the third gym?-but I know there's a lot to explore, and some very fun fakemon! 

Unfortunately, neither of these have that elusive Steel/Poison type....

(I could swear I had more to recommend, but I'm at a loss for now...I might be able to list a few more soon!)

Also, while Sage's demo is considerably small, the development for the game is really incredible to see! I'd definitely recommend checking out the wiki and seeing what's in store!