Grass Monotype Nuzlocke

Mr. SU

Greetings! My name is Mr. SU.(Thunder45 was my old name I had back in 2013, disregard that) I'm starting a grass type monolocke! it's been a very long time since I've played Reborn, now that I've been doing videos with my friends, I've decided to do my first LP alone, my commentary isn't the best on the first episode, I mess my words up a lot and I made some questionable decisions. But I assure you this will be a learning experience and I hope to get better at commentating as I go along. I haven't been keeping up with this game at all for the past few years so I'm looking forward to playing through it, to my understanding it seems to be close to completion (or it already has, I don't really know). So I'm looking forward to playing through it, I hope it can be as challenging as I remember it, it'll be even better since I'm using a team that has several weaknesses!

Here's the first episode, I plan to post each episode in this thread as I continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKtd6nS6Mc

Here's a playlist, I put each episode here a day after they are out 

Edited by Thunder45

My suggestion: Drop the nuzlocke and keep it as a mono grass run. It is literally impossible to do a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Reborn, since there are portions of the story that requires you to lose battles. Even a normal mono run is very hard, but a nuzlocke (especially a mono nuzlocke) is impossible. Trust me on this.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video quite a lot. Keep up the great work! Just as I said, consider dropping the nuzlocke part since it would be pretty sad to see your run ending early.

31 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

My suggestion: Drop the nuzlocke and keep it as a mono grass run. It is literally impossible to do a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Reborn, since there are portions of the story that requires you to lose battles. Even a normal mono run is very hard, but a nuzlocke (especially a mono nuzlocke) is impossible. Trust me on this.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video quite a lot. Keep up the great work! Just as I said, consider dropping the nuzlocke part since it would be pretty sad to see your run ending early.

Thank you!

I personally didn't like my commentary, (though maybe I'm being too harsh on myself) but I'm glad you like it! As for the forced losses, I plan on not counting them, since they didn't have nuzlockes in mind when making them. But even disregarding them, I'm sure this will be hell, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway, I've done crazier things in the past in fire emblem. I already have plans for how I can deal with gym leaders I'm weak to, (at least the ones I remember). I'll see how far I get, and if it proves too difficult, I'll take your advice and do a mono grass run.

Edited by Thunder45

Here's the second Episode! 

In this episode I explore more of the peridot ward, I train up my only two team members; rerorerorerorerorero and Your Mother.

Statistics so far as of this episode (may contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Deaths:0

Badges:0

Team

cherubi.png

Moves: Tackle, Morning Sun, Growth, Leech Seed

Level:10

Turtwig.png

Moves: Tackle, Withdraw, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Level: 13

Edited by Thunder45

On 31 December 2016 at 11:30 PM, Thunder45 said:

Greetings! My name is Mr. SU.(Thunder45 was my old name I had back in 2013, disregard that) I'm starting a grass type monolocke! it's been a very long time since I've played Reborn, now that I've been doing videos with my friends, I've decided to do my first LP alone, my commentary isn't the best on the first episode, I mess my words up a lot and I made some questionable decisions. But I assure you this will be a learning experience and I hope to get better at commentating as I go along. I haven't been keeping up with this game at all for the past few years so I'm looking forward to playing through it, to my understanding it seems to be close to completion (or it already has, I don't really know). So I'm looking forward to playing through it, I hope it can be as challenging as I remember it, it'll be even better since I'm using a team that has several weaknesses!

Here's the first episode, I plan to post each episode in this thread as I continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKtd6nS6Mc

A Nuzlocke can be competed. I have managed to get to the end of Episode 15, (see Doneonriver on youtube). You have to know the game inside out to have any hope, plus you have to be quite liberal with pokemon captures. I allowed myself to obtain all event pokemon. I would say a monotype challenge in itself would be very difficult, most of the gyms require training dedicated teams to defeat. I wish you luck nevertheless.

This doneonriver guy has kept his nuzlocke run alive past Ciel, and is still going. He used event Pokemon as well, but it's still pretty damn impressive nonetheless.

https://m.youtube.com/user/doneonriver

EDIT: @Dai Laughing I didn't even look at the posts above me while typing this comment. That's pretty funny, you beat me to citing yourself! Lol

Edited by WujiKyurem

Replies:

13 hours ago, Dai Laughing said:

A Nuzlocke can be competed. I have managed to get to the end of Episode 15, (see Doneonriver on youtube). You have to know the game inside out to have any hope, plus you have to be quite liberal with pokemon captures. I allowed myself to obtain all event pokemon. I would say a monotype challenge in itself would be very difficult, most of the gyms require training dedicated teams to defeat. I wish you luck nevertheless.

That makes me feel a bit better, I'm recording these in bulk so I'm much further ahead than my videos. And currently I'm in a very bad situation.

12 hours ago, WujiKyurem said:

This doneonriver guy has kept his nuzlocke run alive past Ciel, and is still going. He used event Pokemon as well, but it's still pretty damn impressive nonetheless.

https://m.youtube.com/user/doneonriver

EDIT: @Dai Laughing I didn't even look at the posts above me while typing this comment. That's pretty funny, you beat me to citing yourself! Lol

I'll definitely check out this playthrough later, though I want to do the later portions of the game that I haven't experienced blind, but doing a monolocke of them may not be the best choice.

Here's Episode 3!

Here's the statistics as far as this episode (may contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Deaths: 1

Badges:0

Team:

turtwig facing left.png

Level: 17

Moves: Tackle, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf.

Now that we only have one team member, the next two episodes will have to be a Solo run, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUn

Edited by Thunder45

Here's episode 4! 

Here's the statistics as far as this episode(may contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Badges: 0

Team:

grotle facing right.png

Level 19

Moves: Tackle, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

After we beat Julia we'll be able to add another team member, for now this is what we're stuck with. With common candies we should be able to keep her listening to us.

Here's Episode 5!

statistics as of this episode(may contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Badges: 1

It feels bittersweet seeing that my Badge and Death count are equal. Though at least I'm making progress.

Team:
Your Mother(Grotle)
Level: 20
Moves: Tackle, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Now that we've beaten the first gym leader, we have access to more grass types, now we can hopefully get some more team members soon

21 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

Hey, I do mono-grass team too and it becomes my main team now. I wonder if nuzlocke mono-grass is possible~ Have fun with Tangrowth for near future or Blake in the far future~

I'm getting ready to fight tangrowth today, and oh boy I'm not looking forward too it. 

Here's Episode 6!

Statistics as far as this episode (may contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Badges: 1

Team:

Your Mother(Grotle)

Level : 23

Moves: Bite, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Next Episode we'll FINALLY add some more team members, and hopefully make it past Tangrowth.