[Season 2] Redemption League Discussion Board

Bazaro

Welcome back for the next fantabulous extravagantasitic event that is the Redemption League! We've been inactive for, well, almost a year, but here we are, back at it! See the Laws of the League here! Want help with teambuilding? Check out the Rate-My-Team!

The Leaders will be announced soon™!

You know the deal, and good luck!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Is this just for serious people, or can someone who doesn't really have competitive experience just create a team and try get a couple badges for fun?

You can do it for fun. I had zero competitive experience (and still do) when season 1 started and did it anyway. 

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Are Tapu's allowed? I didn't see them on bans and they're essentially legendaries.

They are banned for both sides yes, t'was an oversight. I'll get Baz to fix it momentarily.

8 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Are Tapu's allowed? I didn't see them on bans and they're essentially legendaries.

My bad, Tapus are banned. Just amended them to the banlist.

13 minutes ago, foznkr said:

We can change item between battle does that include mega stone too?

Yes, Mega Evolutions may be used on/off as much as you like.

5 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

how can you participate in this league?

There will be a Registration Thread soon, where you can make your Trainer Card. From there, just be on the server in 'The Redemption League' back channel (coming soon) with your team ready during the league hours (also coming soon).

In the meanwhile, you can get a team ready, if you like. Just be prepared for singles, doubles, and triples battles.

6 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

There will be a Registration Thread soon, where you can make your Trainer Card. From there, just be on the server in 'The Redemption League' back channel (coming soon) with your team ready during the league hours (also coming soon).

In the meanwhile, you can get a team ready, if you like. Just be prepared for singles, doubles, and triples battles.

i have a team already, i use it always, i'll wait then until the Redemtion league back channel comes out

Edited by Amine elhedhili

Question: Is this in the style of Gen 7 OU? I'd like to use Pokemon such as Banette, or Dragonite with Extremespeed, but neither of the two would be allowed as they must be transferred in from previous games. (Which is not possible in SunMoon yet)

If it is not, then what format are we using?

3 minutes ago, Dypatome said:

Question: Is this in the style of Gen 7 OU? I'd like to use Pokemon such as Banette, or Dragonite with Extremespeed, but neither of the two would be allowed as they must be transferred in from previous games. (Which is not possible in SunMoon yet)

If it is not, then what format are we using?

We will actually have our own tiers on the server, which will be most similar to Pokebank OU (minus legendaries). However, abilities and items currently listed as "unavailable" will be allowed (such as Beedrillite or Intimidate Incineroar, as examples.)

2 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

wait, this is online right? cause i don't have a 3DS

Yes, the league will all take place on Reborn's Showdown server.

Just now, Bazaro said:

We will actually have our own tiers on the server, which will be most similar to Pokebank OU (minus legendaries). However, abilities and items currently listed as "unavailable" will be allowed (such as Beedrillite or Intimidate Incineroar, as examples.)

That's fantastic; thanks for the fast reply.

1 minute ago, Bazaro said:

Yes, the league will all take place on Reborn's Showdown server.

Good to know :D yeey

Edited by Amine elhedhili

Two queries:

1. There are five listed "clauses" which the battles will abide by [Freeze, Battle Timeout, Sleep, Species, Swagger]

This differs from the list of clarifications, which is also five items long, but includes Evasion Clause instead of Swagger Clause.  I am assuming both are in effect.

2. To quote the rules as a support:

8 hours ago, Bazaro said:

Players will choose 6 Pokemon at the beginning of the league, alongside what 4 moves each will have. They must use these Pokemon during their league challenges.

• Aside from forms (in the case of Rotom etc) species and moves, all other factors may be changed between battles. Items, EV's, IV's, and Natures may be changed however you want.

Showdown contains data for the "generic" Hidden Power move (Normal-Type, varies by IVs).  Are we allowed to use this as our base move, and change the IVs to change the type the move is, since we are not allowed to change the move, but we are allowed to change the IVs.

Again, this does not change the move itself—it is exported as the "generic" Normal-Type Hidden Power regardless of IVs, but it will change type in battle.

5 minutes ago, Cobalt996 said:

Two queries:

1. There are five listed "clauses" which the battles will abide by [Freeze, Battle Timeout, Sleep, Species, Swagger]

This differs from the list of clarifications, which is also five items long, but includes Evasion Clause instead of Swagger Clause.  I am assuming both are in effect.

2. To quote the rules as a support:

Showdown contains data for the "generic" Hidden Power move (Normal-Type, varies by IVs).  Are we allowed to use this as our base move, and change the IVs to change the type the move is, since we are not allowed to change the move, but we are allowed to change the IVs.

Again, this does not change the move itself—it is exported as the "generic" Normal-Type Hidden Power regardless of IVs, but it will change type in battle.

1) Swagger Clause will be added, thanks for catching that.

2) Hidden Power mechanics were changed in Gen VII. You can have any type of Hidden Power with perfect IVs, so that is allowed. I only mentioned changing IVs in rare cases such as Trick Room, or special attackers who want to minimize Foul Play damage. But, when making your Trainer Card, you must specify which Hidden Power type you are using.