Redemption League Season 2 + Laws of the League

Bazaro

Welcome back for the next fantabulous extravagantasitic event that is the Redemption League! We've been inactive for, well, almost a year, but here we are, back at it! Here's a few things to go over, familiarize yourselves with these rules and we'll see you in the fields of battle soon™!

The Laws of the League

Leaders

• There are 18 Leaders that are divided into 6 Brackets of 3 Leaders each.

• You cannot challenge any Leader in a Bracket you have not unlocked. You must own the appropriate number of badges before challenging a Leader of that Bracket.

• Bracket 1 - 0 Badges

• Bracket 2 - 2 Badges

• Bracket 3 - 4 Badges

• Bracket 4 - 7 Badges

• Bracket 5 - 10 Badges

• Bracket 6 - 13 Badges

• Champion - 17 Badges

• The Leader rankings will be reviewed every 2 weeks, and will be changed as we see fit. This includes the Champion.

• Leaders will be challenged during League Hours only, and each Challenger may only challenge one Leader each day. Leaders will send the physical challenge over Showdown, including choosing the battle format. (Singles, Doubles or Triples)

• This includes the early and late hours as one day. If you battle a leader in the early league hours, you may not challenge later.

• Leaders have teambuilding restrictions:

• All bans apply to leaders as well. See the list of banned Pokemon and Items.

• Each Leader can only use Pokemon of a specific type. One of these Pokemon will always appear on their team, known as their Ace Pokemon.

• Leaders do not have a specified team, and may make changes to their teams between battles as they wish.

• The top Leader in Bracket 6 is the Champion. The Champion cannot be challenged until all other badges are obtained.

• The Champion may use any Pokemon that shares a type with their respective Ace Pokemon. Exceptions will be made for Ace Pokemon with only one type. Essentially, the Champion can use two types instead of just one. Additionally, the Champion will be permitted to use one non-Uber Legendary Pokemon on their team.

• Defeating the Champion is no easy feat and any who perform this will be rewarded.

Bans and Battles

• The following bans apply to all teambuilding:

• Items:

• Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Salamencite, all Z-Crystals

• Pokemon:

• Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Thundurus, Tornadus, Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Landorus, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Type: Null, Silvally, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow

• Specific bans:

• Speed Boost Blaziken, Battle Bond Greninja

• All of these bans will be turned into their own Tiers on the showdown server.

• Previously "unavailable" content from 6gen (Beedrillite, etc.) and 7gen unreleased content (Intimidate Incineroar, etc.) will be permitted.

• The following battle clauses will be in effect for Gym Leader/Champion battles:
    Freeze Clause, Battle Timeout, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Evasion Clause, Swagger Clause, Baton Pass Clause, OHKO Clause.
    To clarify these rules and clauses:

• Freeze Clause - Only 1 Pokémon per team can be Frozen.

• Battle Timeout - Battle Timeout has to be on at the start of the battle and may not be turned off. Stalling out the timer repeatedly will lead to you getting disqualified for that battle.

• Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be asleep per team, excluding when the move Rest is used.

• Species Clause - You are only allowed to have one Pokémon of the same species in your team.

• Evasion Clause - Double Team, Minimize, and Moody are banned.

• Swagger Clause - The move Swagger may not be used.

• Baton Pass Clause - The move Baton Pass cannot be used if the user can pass Speed and another stat to another Pokemon. No more than one Pokemon per team may use Baton Pass.

• OHKO Clause - The moves Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Horn Drill are banned.

• Challengers will enter a queue where they will request a battle with a Leader they are permitted to challenge. When the leaders appear, they will battle the first challenger in their queue.

• If the challenger does not respond when the leader responds to them in queue, they will be skipped in the queue. They may still battle that day if they return after their challenge was skipped, at the leader’s discretion.

• Leaders will send the challenge to you, please do not challenge them during League hours unless it is through the queue.

• Tokens can be earned through either a tournament or a raffle during League Hours. They will always be announced. Tokens can only be used once each.

• Move Tokens can be used at any time between battles to change one attack on one Pokemon on your Trainer Card. You may use any number of Move Tokens at any time.

• Retry Tokens can only be used on a day you lost to a leader. You may use the Token to battle that specific leader once more that day. Retry Tokens cannot be used more than once a day.

Trainer Card

• This keeps record of a player's team as they climb the league, and all their shiny medals.
    • Players will choose 6 Pokemon at the beginning of the league, alongside what 4 moves each will have. They must use these Pokemon during their league challenges.

• Aside from forms (in the case of Rotom etc) species and moves, all other factors may be changed between battles. Items, EV's, IV's, and Natures may be changed however you want.

• You must list what Hidden Power type you are using. IVs may be changed freely, as GenVII allows perfect IVs with any Hidden Power type.

• Badges are received after defeating a given leader once. You may not challenge a leader whose badge you already own.

• You may not challenge the league without an approved Trainer Card.

What Changed from Season 1

• For you seasoned veterans of the one whole season we had previously, here’s a quick rundown of what changed:

• Brackets require generally less badges to progress.

• The Champion is now the 18th Gym Leader, not a separate battle entirely.

• Mega Evolutions are allowed on all sides. Go nuts. (Bans apply)

Comments will be disabled here, please feel free to discuss the League freely in the Redemption League Discussion Board.

Trainer Card application is open! Check it out at the Registration Thread.

The Leaders will be announced soon™

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Sir_Bagel said:

Is mega salamence allowed for leaders again because if so I need to build accordingly. I don't want to have to smash my head against the wall that is flying gym again.

Salamencite is banned on both sides. For future questions put them into the other thread please.

1 minute ago, Sir_Bagel said:

Is mega salamence allowed for leaders again because if so I need to build accordingly. I don't want to have to smash my head against the wall that is flying gym again.

3 hours ago, Bazaro said:
  • All bans apply to leaders as well. See the list of banned Pokemon and Items.

• Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Salamencite, all Z-Crystals

Yes, it is banned.

Question: Is this in the style of Gen 7 OU? I'd like to use Pokemon such as Banette, or Dragonite with Extremespeed, but neither of the two would be allowed as they must be transferred in from previous games. (Which is not possible in SunMoon yet)

If it is not, then what format are we using?

Edit: Answered on a previous thread. To those wondering, the answer is that there will be a custom server that only goes by the rules specified in the above post.

Edited by Dypatome

10 hours ago, Tartar said:

What is the rules on Hidden Power? Is it set to a specific type, or can you change it between battles?

As kiteruguma said, you'll need to specify which one you would like to use so they can add it to trainer card. In that regard, you'll not be able to change it because you cannot change moves on your card once you have submitted it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, totally noob question (I'm new here on the forums): So, I noticed a mention of Showdown. Does that mean that this league operates (is accessed/played) from there? Because if so, then I'll go straight to registration since I'm already familiar with it.

Generally speaking, how is this league played? (like, how are challenges sent, etc.)

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your time.

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Stryker Gryphus said:

Okay, totally noob question (I'm new here on the forums): So, I noticed a mention of Showdown. Does that mean that this league operates (is accessed/played) from there? Because if so, then I'll go straight to registration since I'm already familiar with it.

Generally speaking, how is this league played? (like, how are challenges sent, etc.)

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your time.

The league is done is a backroom on Reborn's Showdown server called Redemption League. You send a challenge by typing "/leaguechallenge *insert leader name here*". When it's your turn to battle, the leader will send you a challenge. (they'll ask if you're ready first)

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The league is done is a backroom on Reborn's Showdown server called Redemption League. You send a challenge by typing "/leaguechallenge *insert leader name here*". When it's your turn to battle, the leader will send you a challenge. (they'll ask if you're ready first)

Oh, okay then. Cheers, mate!