[OOC/Interest Check] Regret Nothing

Shamitako

So this is what things are, but it's not that well written and I should probably revise it but I'm tired. Feel free to respond to it as either an interest check [questions, critique, interest] or an OOC [sign ups, character discussion and help]

~~~

Throw away your life, your name, and all memory of who you are

Abandon your hopes, your comforts, and your regrets

Forget yourself, cease to be, and return to nothing

Welcome to Nowhere

~Setting~

Welcome to Nowhere, a land filled with those devoid of purpose. There is nothing here, except for everything that is here. Most of it looks kind of like it belongs in Victorian England, there's probably a reason for that. In Nowhere, nothing ever happens, every day is exactly like the last in every way. It's the perfect place to endlessly wallow in the regrets you don't have. Nowhere has very strict rules, which are unchanging and unbreakable. You'd do best to follow them, since you have no choice.

Nowhere is a place of melancholy, where those who have given up on life gather to live out their woes. Life is unfulfilling and restrictive. As stated by the narrator, Nowhere looks a lot like Victorian England, there really isn't a reason for this outside Are You Alice? having a setting clearly based on it as well. The mention of "wallowing in regrets you don't have" is important. Despite Nowhere being a place to throw away your regrets, most will find it's impossible to truly forget them. Although your name and self will be replaced, you will not forget them, not really.

You might be from Somewhere, which is anywhere not Nowhere, or you might be native to Nowhere. There's no difference.

Somewhere refers to the Earth of reality, any location or time period before 3/6/2009 may be used for origin. And there is indeed a very large difference. Natives do not have a past life, past regrets, to remember. They simply exist as themselves. Nowhere's madness is part of who they are, so they're much more likely to accept it than a person from Somewhere who remembers being someone.

~Names and Rules~

Each resident of Nowhere is assigned a name and a rule at birth. These are static, absolute, they will never change. Rules are assigned by the rule assigner, he assigns rules. It is possible to expand your ruleset by making a contract with someone whose rule can grant rules, but these rules often have tradeoffs. Breaking the rules is impossible, you must make your way in life without breaking them.

Each character will be assigned a name and rule as part of entering the RP. Often these rules will seem arbitrary, giving you the ability to do something you could already do or something that's impossible anyways. But anyone who tries to break free of their role in the story of Nowhere will be punished severely. Despite this, do keep in mind that they can be broken and that following the rules will almost never be in your best interest.

~Plot~

There is no plot, nothing ever changes. I suppose it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to attempt to overcome this static world and make something more of yourself. Perhaps you could even aim to escape to Somewhere. However that is a waste of time, completely impossible

The above is of course a lie, the world is not static, struggling against it is perhaps the only way to show that you are still your own person. But be forewarned, fighting the world is not an easy task, it will push back at every turn, trying to keep you trapped. The plot isn't set in stone, but the end goal will almost certainly be to escape from Nowhere and regain yourself.

~Character Sheet~

Items with an asterisk need not be filled in by those born in Nowhere, and will be replaced for those from Somewhere.

Forum Name: [Because I'm too lazy to type these myself every time]

*Name: [This is certainly important now, isn't it?]

Rule: [Don't fill this out]

Origin: [Somewhere/Nowhere]

Personality: [Pretty much the only thing that can be considered your own]

Appearance: [Think Victorian for Nowhere origins, otherwise use your own backstory]

*Backstory: [Tell about where you came from and what caused you to give up your life and come to Nowhere]

Other: [If there's any random tidbits you'd like to add]

Not multiverse per se, the intention is that everyone is from some variant of IRL Earth, although time period doesn't matter

And yes, it is quite lacking, thus why it needs plenty of revisions when I get back later today

[shows interest]

I'll let the others ask questions. I'm fine even not knowing, lol. Mostly 'cause I can't ever think of anything to ask anyways, hehe.

But I do like the fact there's nothing in Nowhere. And I look forward to just interacting with other PCs if this kicks off. That's basically my favourite part of any rp. So here's hoping for this cray cray nihilistic deepness to become a thing~

I don't really understand how this would work; like Murdoc said, it lacks a bit of information. My question would be that is this more of a descriptive writing RP rather that a more fluid plot one, and, from what I can currently gauge one mostly involving lamentations and stuff-ish, with a lot of "restriction" in the setting. 

You definitely got my interest though. 

• 4 weeks later...