Draw My OC/Characters Contest: Ended

Dylanrockin

Symphonic Horizon: Draw my OC/Characters Contest!

(WIP Banner, sue me)

12593742_10156498045140541_9207197514037

On February 20th, 2017 I will be hosting a "Draw my OC/Characters" contest on my deviantART Group Page, and the Reborn Forums, with PRIZES :D I mainly wanted to do this out of fun, really, and so that way I can get my readers and fans involved with the game. Also, so that way I can give out some interesting prizes, and whatnot to those who participated. Details on prizes and whatnot are below.

During February I will receive a huge amount of money from my family and taxes. As for the contest itself - the contest is simple, basically you just draw the characters that I list, and it's judged based on: originality, completedness anatomy/skills, canonocity (i.e. is it close to their canon designs and descriptions?) and composition. I don't accept designs that do not even closely resemble the characters, or if they are not in clothing that was made for my game. So, you can draw them in their costumes or whatever, but it has to be those ones, specifically. Also, you can draw ANY of the characters from my game, and when the time comes I will show all the available characters for you to choose from.

There will be cash prizes or if the person doesn't want cash and they want something obtainable within that range I can do that to. The prizes will be based on the grading criteria above and what the entrants can win are these prizes below:

(Colors are Christmas themed, because I'm too lazy to change them back.)

:bulletgreen: $150 for First Place and a cameo placement anywhere in the game, whether it be battle or whatever. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: $100 dollars for Second Place and a cameo placement (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: $50 dollars for Third Place and a cameo placement. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: Anything below will have a cameo placement somewhere in the game of their choosing.

Rules

• Has to be their designs and nothing that you would attribute to them. So, basically, they have to look like how they normally do.
  • Putting them in costumes is allowed, but it has to be the themed costumes that are currently in the game, i.e. Tales Costumes, Beach Costumes, Halloween, Christmas, and various other costumes that they wear in the game.
  • Only 1 submission is allowed.
  • You can have as many characters in the artwork as you want, so it doesn't have to be just 1 character in the scene.
  • You are free to use any style you wish. You can even do pixel art if you really want to. That'd be... pretty unique and awesome to see actually.
  • You can give them things in their hands like Poke Balls, or whatever. Even swords for shits and giggles XD
  • No gore, blood or anything really profound and disgusting.
  • Don't have another person create the art for you. I want YOU to make the art and not someone make it for you.
  • Have fun with it~!

How to enter:

• Just leave a comment down below and I'll add you to the roster of people entered.
  • After commenting, and when the start date arrives, you can feel free to edit your original post, or comment again with your artwork included.
  • If you don't wish to have other people view your work, you are free to message me, and I, myself, and the other judges will look at it from there.

Start date and Deadline:

• Start date is February 20th, 2017
  • Deadline is March 10th, so you have plenty of time to do your work.
  • Final Judging time is March 11th

A link to the characters available for this particular contest can be found on my deviantART's Group's page, where they are stored as reference. You can view any and all artwork of my characters, to use as reference, in-case you all don't want to sift through my forum post, about my game to find the artwork.

http://symphonic-horizon.deviantart.com/

http://symphonic-horizon.deviantart.com/gallery/53418367/Featured

Final notes: If this becomes really well regarded the first time around, I may end up doing this again, with bigger prizes available for people who participate in the contest.

Current Entries

Zumi

waiting_by_honnojis-db03coj.png

Arkiel

tara_bloom_in_the_moonlight_s_shadow_by_

Kalnuza

watching_the_sunset_by_kalnu-dazs4fa.png

ArryX-Kulon

68b0c4ccf99a1ddada70307db1fa6c22-db1i5ia

liliebiehlina3siste

symphonichorizoncontest_entry_by_liliebi

The-Elusive-Caravan

_ce__helena___infinity_altitude___extend

Dazed-Flame

symphonic_horizon_contest_entry_by_dazed

RBRN-Nova

vivian_vance_by_rbrnnova-daw38gs.png

Tlozyp

with_all_our_strenght__attack__by_tlozyp

00Nowhereman

contest___marissa_brennman_by_00nowherem

ollieovo

ce___start__by_ollieovo-db28aig.jpg

Edited by Dylanrockin

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

tbh

sign me up :]

Excellent! I shall add you to the proposed roster!

Also, as a general side note for everyone, I added an additional clause to the rules, where the art has to be made by you, specifically. Basically what I mean is that you can't have someone else draw the artwork for you, because that is what we like to refer to as "cheating" and "dishonesty".

In short, basically do the work yourself and you should be good ;D

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, Arkiel said:

Sing me too ^^

I have you down, for available ^^

Also, for those who didn't notice, the Groups page now has Falset Neohart's God Form available, in case anyone wanted to use that for the stuff and stuff.

And, just because, here is his artwork:

falset_neohart_god_form_by_rialynarts-da

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dypatome said:

So in two days, you'll give us a prompt to work off of, correct? I'm either thinking that it's going to be that or we'll have free choice to do whatever we wish, but I don't see any information above as to what we'll be drawing.

At the bottom of the original post there is a link to my deviantART groups page where basically you can draw whoever you want from my game, but it has to meet the criteria above. Submissions begin on the 20th, and the deadline for submissions and when someone wants to start is March 10th. Everyone is free to draw as it is, now, but submissions will not count, until the 20th and on. There are tons of characters to choose from, but they have to be accurate.

Edited by Dylanrockin

So, today is the day that people are now able to submit their contest entries, which means the contest has now officially started! Make sure to read the details above clearly, and go to the link provided to my deviantART Groups page for reference material.

1 hour ago, Kalnuza said:

Hoping I understood the instructions clearly enough, if not... oh well, it was still fun.

http://kalnu.deviantart.com/art/Watching-the-Sunset-664760422

Be sure to hit 'download' for the full size! :)

You certainly did do everything right, and for other people who read this post I will be submitting your artwork to the Groups Page. If you don't want me to add your work to my page, that's fine too, but just for the sake of archiving it for later reference and ease of judging I will be doing that.

However, I won't be saying anything in regards to anyone's artwork, until the judging date has begun. So, if you show me your deviantART link and don't see me reply to it, it's because I will be saving my responses for when the time has come for it.

Edited by Dylanrockin

6 hours ago, SwiftMyth said:

Im joining!

Excellent! I'll add you to the list!

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

finished my entry!

Waiting

took me quite a bit to finish but i'm glad about how it turned out c:

asdlkgjsdlkjad turns out i'm not the first person with the idea of a sunset though oops

Also excellent! It seems the sunset motif is quite popular lately O.o Looking forward to seeing what other people have in store for this!

So, I've got a little update for ya'll, and it has more to do with the 2nd Draw My OC Contest that I will hold at a later date. But, here is what I have in question - the Custom Wall Scrolls that were made by one of my friends for me. These are 2 Large Sized Wall Scrolls, and 1 Super Sized Wall Scroll that was made for my game. These were way larger than I was actually expecting when I was reading the dimensions for them, but no, they are really large XD Unfortunately I cannot hang them at the moment, since my walls are hardwood and concrete, which means I would have to use adhesive wall scroll hooks, in order to properly mount them. For the next art contest, I will be offering the Krista Harper and Hiro Monochroma Large wall scrolls as prizes for 1st Place, so that is something to look forward to ;D

I'm sure someone's gonna say "Why do they look so weird?" That's because I have these laid out on a bed and they look wrinkled because of it, also my shitty camera on my Iphone 5S doesn't do it justice. But, you get the idea. If you wanna see them better looking, there is a video of me unboxing them.

Also, lol you can see my messy bed XD

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

I do have a video of me unboxing these, however that video is on my actual thread page, for those of you interested.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Here is my entry! ^^

Hope everything is fine with the rules, not sure if the character i choose to draw was fine or it must be one of the main characters xd

Edit:

Dlete it to free the attachment space

Just in case here is it:

http://dylanrockin2122.deviantart.com/art/Tara-Bloom-in-the-Moonlight-s-Shadow-665775192

Edited by Arkiel

1 hour ago, Arkiel said:

Here is my entry! ^^

Hide contents

rgfvr.jpg

Hope everything is fine with the rules, not sure if the character i choose to draw was fine or it must be one of the main characters xd

It looks excellent! Your entry has been added! If you have a deviantART and are willing to add it to the Symphonic-Horizon Groups Page gallery you are more than welcome, since it makes judging them way easier ^^ I like the choice of character that you chose!

And yes, you did follow the rules, as I stated you can choose any of the characters in the gallery, as well as any of the costumes that they are in.

Edited by Dylanrockin

38 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

It looks excellent! Your entry has been added! If you have a deviantART and are willing to add it to the Symphonic-Horizon Groups Page gallery you are more than welcome, since it makes judging them way easier ^^ I like the choice of character that you chose!

And yes, you did follow the rules, as I stated you can choose any of the characters in the gallery, as well as any of the costumes that they are in.

Thanks, i don't have a deviantART account, but if you want you can upload it to your account (maybe? not sure how deviantART works xd)  if no, i can do an account

btw, can't wait to see Tara and her banette on the game! xd (haven't read any kind of sinopsis/description since i want to play the game knowing the less i can)

Just now, Arkiel said:

Thanks, i don't have a deviantART account, but if you want you can upload it to your account (maybe? not sure how deviantART works xd)  if no, i can do an account

btw, can't wait to see Tara and her banette on the game! xd (haven't read any kind of sinopsis/description since i want to play the game knowing the less i can)

I can upload it on your behalf and credit you in the description, so that way people know it was yours and not mine.