Pokemon Stat changes, Next episode question.

iskelion

So i read Sun & Moon changed the stats of some existing pokemon (also some abilities like Gengar's), will the next update include said stat changes ?

Reference: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/291647/which-pokemon-have-had-changes-to-stats-abilities-or-their-movepool-in-pokemon

Edited by iskelion

If Gen 7 is in, the Alolan forms are in. There's no way Ame is including Sun & Moon mons without Frostales. I'd say that means the stat and move changes will go in too. I could see the Z-Moves waiting bc of the animation issue, but everything else will probably get thrown in if I had to guess.

Edited by WujiKyurem

35 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

There was a discussion before, saying gen 7 to be added at a later episode, but without Alolan forms and that Z moves wouldn't be implemented at all. Of course, things can change at any time.

Umm, Ame made a post in the dev blog saying that most of gen 7 will be added. This is going to happen in the next episode (E17), she even showed us A-Ninetales' sprite so Alolan forms are definitely coming. Also Z moves should be coming as well, they are being implemented atm. I'm not sure where you got all of this information, but it is incorrect.

34 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

If Gen 7 is in, the Alolan forms are in. There's no way Ame is including Sun & Moon mons without Frostales. I'd say that means the stat and move changes will go in too. I could see the Z-Moves waiting bc of the animation issue, but everything else will probably get thrown in if I had to guess.

Obviously the Z-Moves in Reborn will have a more simple animation than the ones found in the official games.

12 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Obviously the Z-Moves in Reborn will have a more simple animation than the ones found in the official games.

No question. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushed back an episode if it would significantly add to the release time.

EDIT: I just saw that you said they're being implemented now. Ignore what I just said ^_^

Edited by WujiKyurem

Pretty much every change and new move/ability in gen 7 is being added to the game. This does mean that Drizzle Pelipper and Drought Torkoal will be axed, and Gen 7 Pokemon now have to be added everywhere.

For the instance where HMs become TMs and replaced other TMs, the old TMs will remain and will be teachable to Gen 7 Pokemon that learn the move through breeding/levelling up. e.g. Shelly will still give out struggle bug and wimpod/golisopod will be able to learn it.

Alolan formes are definitely being added.

Custom shinies are not being worked on yet, but normal shinies will be added, and I'm not sure if they'll be in e17 or e18.

24 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

No question. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushed back an episode if it would significantly add to the release time.

EDIT: I just saw that you said they're being implemented now. Ignore what I just said ^_^

Of course it being implemented right now doesn't mean we'll get it next episode for sure. The team might run into issues and it might get pushed back. Although I'd find it very difficult that it would be pushed back, although knowing how much Ame loves us she might hold off on the Z-ring until a later episode (while adding the moves just to tease us and letting every hard trainer get a Z-move). I mean she did it with the mega ring so it is possible.

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pretty much every change and new move/ability in gen 7 is being added to the game. This does mean that Drizzle Pelipper and Drought Torkoal will be axed, and Gen 7 Pokemon now have to be added everywhere.

For the instance where HMs become TMs and replaced other TMs, the old TMs will remain and will be teachable to Gen 7 Pokemon that learn the move through breeding/levelling up.

Alolan formes are definitely being added. e.g. Shelly will still give out struggle bug and wimpod/golisopod will be able to learn it.

Custom shinies are not being worked on yet, but normal shinies will be added, and I'm not sure if they'll be in e17 or e18.

Although an axe is not guaranteed it is very much expected. Wingull can be obtained before the first gym, not to mention Pelipper got an additional 10 points in its SpA. That thing is getting axed into oblivion (and by that I mean around Luna's gym), I can't see us having access to Drizzle so early on in the game. Also, Ame did say that custom shinies would be added as well in the next episode, it is in the e17 status thread under the Sprite section. Probably once the team finishes all the new sprites Ame will make a thread about it on the Public Development sub-forum.

EDIT:

LOL I'm blind, for some reason I read "does mean" as "does not mean". So ignore that part of the post, although as I said it is not a guaranteed axe.

Edited by Farnsworth

7 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

Now I'm wondering what encounters we'll have at Apophyll Beach before the restoration of the city. Right now that consists of 1% Pelipper and 99% Wingull ._.

Well Ame could always make it so that Wingull and Pelipper in certain areas won't spawn with drizzle, or at least i think that is possible.

Just now, Swampellow said:

Well Ame could always make it so that Wingull and Pelipper in certain areas won't spawn with drizzle, or at least i think that is possible.

People could just use an ability capsule, so that won't work. The encounters will probably just be replaced with like, Krabby or something beachy.

2 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

True, but then Ability Capsules are still a thing. That's why Blaziken is so busted in this game, since you're guaranteed to get it before the first gym if you want it.

EDIT: Yeah, what Alex said. Lol

Edited by WujiKyurem

Just now, Alex said:

People could just use an ability capsule, so that won't work. The encounters will probably just be replaced with like, Krabby or something beachy.

Just now, WujiKyurem said:

True, but then Ability Capsules are still a thing. That's why Blaziken is so busted in this game, since you're guaranteed to get it before the first gym if you want it.

This is the excuse she needed to axe ability capsules!

We aren't doing gen 7 animations until we're finished with all of the previous generation animations. So whether or not anything added in gen 7 will be animated will depend on a combination of how quickly we work and how long the episode takes. There's no guarantee we'll be done by the next episode, but everything should be in by E18 I'd think.  

1 hour ago, iskelion said:

Any general idea about when the next episode will come out? (weeks, months, years) or if it will take as long as E16 ?

There is a progress bar in the Development Blog, as for an ETA there is none, it will take as long as it takes. Though it probably won't take as long as E16.

2 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Since gen 7 is being implemented thoroughly, can something be done about this Hyper Training, as well? Giving 1 bottlecap (or 6 lesser ones) to a random NPC geezer to turn something into competitive, without having to breed to death before for eons, would be very sweet, nya!

i always hated everything about breeding, it takes all the fun away from the game and takes sooo freaking long.

3 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Hyper training does good to both sides, ergo people who must breed and struggle and people who don't have much time (like me). First you max IVs at an instant but then, the change is in display only, not actual (which means it can't pass through breeding a 31 IV, but the original value it had before the boost). And second, it doesn't make things much easier at all, since you still have to worry about those natures and abilities, as well. So it can cater to and help solve the problems of both teams of people. One, breeding doesn't become useless and obsolete, breeders will retain their "privileged" status/high demand. And two, time saving and fanservice. Win-win in any case.

I don't like breeding myself, but i wouldn't like it thrown away, either. Bottlecaps can make us all happy!

the thing is, breeding takes a ton of time, so if you want people to chose from both systems, you should make cap-grinding take a similar amount of time, which defeats the purpose, unless they make Caps something you get from donating money to the game developers.