Cant delete not continuing though

Moon97

Requested help ASAP? What do you need help with ? How far is it? I have literally never watched sailor moon, does that matter at all?

I love tht you changed the typing of pokemon! I am exited to figure it out and see how it change sthe game. I hope this game is balanced, i'm not the biggest fan of fakemons so :)

For now i'm exited to play it :D

I'm sure to check your game out! but where can i download it?

5 minutes ago, dotahkin01 said:

Requested help ASAP? What do you need help with ? How far is it? I have literally never watched sailor moon, does that matter at all?

I love tht you changed the typing of pokemon! I am exited to figure it out and see how it change sthe game. I hope this game is balanced, i'm not the biggest fan of fakemons so :)

For now i'm exited to play it :D

I'm sure to check your game out! but where can i download it?

Sorry, I've only just begun. No download yet! Will post one as soon as the game is ready!

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your post correctly. I'd appreciate help with just about everything. Mapping, spriting, design concepts, scripting, animation or just suggestions. Anything :) 

As for fakemon, there won't be many. Mainly just the originals. I actually changed the typing to try balance the game out. I feel like certain types dominate too much and wanted to create a more even playing field. Pokemon are going to be retyped which I'll post once its all sorted! :D

Edited by Moon97

10 minutes ago, Moon97 said:

Sorry, I've only just begun. No download yet! Will post one as soon as the game is ready!

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your post correctly. I'd appreciate help with just about everything. Mapping, spriting, design concepts, scripting, animation or just suggestions. Anything :) 

As for fakemon, there won't be many. Mainly just the originals. I actually changed the typing to try balance the game out. I feel like certain types dominate too much and wanted to create a more even playing field. Pokemon are going to be retyped which I'll post once its all sorted! :D

ah okay! I was under the impression you already finished it / partly, my bad! As for help, I have no background in designing, programming or anything to help you out with. And typing, some seem to dominate yes! Hope you get the help you need :)

Just now, dotahkin01 said:

ah okay! I was under the impression you already finished it / partly, my bad! As for help, I have no background in designing, programming or anything to help you out with. And typing, some seem to dominate yes! Hope you get the help you need :)

No sorry, I'm afraid not. Just your support is enough :)

I'll tell you a little about scripting/eventing, though you can check out youtuber Atomic Reactor for most of the details.

You have RPG Maker XP, right? Okay here's what you need to know. You might not understand it at first sight but you'll see it work later down the road.

Spoiler

1) You can open 2 windows of RPG maker XP and copy-paste scripts from Pokemon Essentials game and modify it the way you want it.

I recommend that you should play through all of Essentials game so you would know which situation fits your game.

For example, you put "\PN" which is the name of player in "Show Text". Those are some basic things in a dialogue.

2) If you're doing a ONE-time event (that means no repeats or loops):

Use Events (located RIGHT side of "layers")

Double-click on a tile on the map to go to Edit Event

Double-click on "@>" (this should be placed at the very bottom of an event)

On Event Commands (located at tab "1", look UPPER-RIGHT) use Control Self Switch...

Set it to Self Switch A (then click OK)

Click New Event Page (located left side of Copy Event Page)

"Check" the box "Self Switch" (located ABOVE "Graphic:")

Under "Trigger" click "Through"

Click "Apply" and you're done making a one-time event.

3) Some other knowledge in Event Commands.

Note of some buttons in tab 1:

If you're doing complicated events like "block all paths of the player until she speaks to this person", you need to use "Control Switches".

They are like turn on, turn off switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPFogoJuo8

Conditional Branch is like "Hey does this player have this?" "(Else) It appears not."

Control Variables are like +1 or -1 or 1,2,3,4,5... or choose random number...

Input Number is a button where you can input passwords (add number of digits first).

-- Though you need Conditional Branch -> Variable (click > and make a new variable) -> Equal to -> Constant (type in your password here, following digits)

Control Timer (I haven't used this yet. It's probably used if a building is about to explode or something)

Note of some buttons in tab 2:

Transfer Player (where you transfer player to somewhere else, maybe another map)

Set Move Route (the player or NPC is your puppet where you command it to move on its own)

Wait for Move's Completion (Very important because sometimes the set move route doesn't work without the wait)

Change Screen Color Tone (mostly used for the color of black)

Screen Flash, Screen Shake, Show Picture, Play BGS... you know what those do.

Note of some buttons in tab 3:

Game Over (I think you're going to use this for the death scene?)

Script (I don't normally use this 'cause I just copy and paste. =P)

4) If you copy and pasted a script and you get an error, make sure that "(" is not in the beginning. Move the "(" above that line and place it at the end.

5) If you want an NPC to catch the player, you go to "Edit Event" and change the "Name:" (located left side of New Event Page).

Type "Trainer(5)" (5 can be any number, it represents the number of tiles in front of the NPC)

Under that, you can insert Kernel.pbExclaim(get_character(0))

Then you can put a road block or start trainer battle or whatever.

Hope this helps you in the future. :)

Feel free to ask anything regarding scripts. RPG maker made it pretty easy for you to make the game tbh.

Edited by Night Fighter

2 hours ago, Night Fighter said:

I'll tell you a little about scripting/eventing, though you can check out youtuber Atomic Reactor for most of the details.

You have RPG Maker XP, right? Okay here's what you need to know. You might not understand it at first sight but you'll see it work later down the road.

Reveal hidden contents

1) You can open 2 windows of RPG maker XP and copy-paste scripts from Pokemon Essentials game and modify it the way you want it.

I recommend that you should play through all of Essentials game so you would know which situation fits your game.

For example, you put "\PN" which is the name of player in "Show Text". Those are some basic things in a dialogue.

2) If you're doing a ONE-time event (that means no repeats or loops):

Use Events (located RIGHT side of "layers")

Double-click on a tile on the map to go to Edit Event

Double-click on "@>" (this should be placed at the very bottom of an event)

On Event Commands (located at tab "1", look UPPER-RIGHT) use Control Self Switch...

Set it to Self Switch A (then click OK)

Click New Event Page (located left side of Copy Event Page)

"Check" the box "Self Switch" (located ABOVE "Graphic:")

Under "Trigger" click "Through"

Click "Apply" and you're done making a one-time event.

3) Some other knowledge in Event Commands.

Note of some buttons in tab 1:

If you're doing complicated events like "block all paths of the player until she speaks to this person", you need to use "Control Switches".

They are like turn on, turn off switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPFogoJuo8

Conditional Branch is like "Hey does this player have this?" "(Else) It appears not."

Control Variables are like +1 or -1 or 1,2,3,4,5... or choose random number...

Input Number is a button where you can input passwords (add number of digits first).

-- Though you need Conditional Branch -> Variable (click > and make a new variable) -> Equal to -> Constant (type in your password here, following digits)

Control Timer (I haven't used this yet. It's probably used if a building is about to explode or something)

Note of some buttons in tab 2:

Transfer Player (where you transfer player to somewhere else, maybe another map)

Set Move Route (the player or NPC is your puppet where you command it to move on its own)

Wait for Move's Completion (Very important because sometimes the set move route doesn't work without the wait)

Change Screen Color Tone (mostly used for the color of black)

Screen Flash, Screen Shake, Show Picture, Play BGS... you know what those do.

Note of some buttons in tab 3:

Game Over (I think you're going to use this for the death scene?)

Script (I don't normally use this 'cause I just copy and paste. =P)

4) If you copy and pasted a script and you get an error, make sure that "(" is not in the beginning. Move the "(" above that line and place it at the end.

5) If you want an NPC to catch the player, you go to "Edit Event" and change the "Name:" (located left side of New Event Page).

Type "Trainer(5)" (5 can be any number, it represents the number of tiles in front of the NPC)

Under that, you can insert Kernel.pbExclaim(get_character(0))

Then you can put a road block or start trainer battle or whatever.

Hope this helps you in the future. :)

Feel free to ask anything regarding scripts. RPG maker made it pretty easy for you to make the game tbh.

Haven't read the whole thing, but thanks for your support! I've learnt to do some things but I'm still very new to RPG Maker XP. I find scripting events and stuff a little challenging but I know I'll get there :)

Seems intresting, i heard that sailor moon has  a very nice story, as for the new types, as long as there are dragons (dragon like) pokemon/fakemon i'm in :D

i wish i knew how to do scripting, spriting.. 

5 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

Seems intresting, i heard that sailor moon has  a very nice story, as for the new types, as long as there are dragons (dragon like) pokemon/fakemon i'm in :D

i wish i knew how to do scripting, spriting.. 

Me too! Haha. Yes, there will be dragon Pokemon but just not typed as dragon (Normal dragon Pokemon will still be in the game). Though, if you have an idea for a fakemon, I'll see if I can sprite it for you!

10 hours ago, Moon97 said:

Me too! Haha. Yes, there will be dragon Pokemon but just not typed as dragon (Normal dragon Pokemon will still be in the game). Though, if you have an idea for a fakemon, I'll see if I can sprite it for you!

the type doesn't matter, to be honest the story itself in quite intresting, i got these pics if you want to try and sprite on of them, but i didnt make them though i wanted to see on of them in a game so.. but its not a priority if you don't want to don't do them :)

deda6beed5388ea39a9240cd9ff55a7c-d3nqhxk.png

dragon_fish_fakemon_by_dragon2468-d4qdzsp.png

8 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

the type doesn't matter, to be honest the story itself in quite intresting, i got these pics if you want to try and sprite on of them, but i didnt make them though i wanted to see on of them in a game so.. but its not a priority if you don't want to don't do them :)

deda6beed5388ea39a9240cd9ff55a7c-d3nqhxk.png

dragon_fish_fakemon_by_dragon2468-d4qdzsp.png

Already started :) Because why not?

@Moon97 thanks :) but  i guess #Njab is right the first picture has an artist and it might be trouble to put it without asking him, i don't know about the second one though, i found it on a random website

Edited by Amine elhedhili

11 hours ago, Njab said:

You shouldn't put something in the game if you don't have artist's permission

10 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

@Moon97 thanks :) but  i guess #Njab is right the first picture has an artist and it might be trouble to put it without asking him, i don't know about the second one though, i found it on a random website

Oh, I didn't know they weren't yours. Of course I'd ask first if its someone else's fakemon. I'll try find the artist of the second one.

11 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

a stro-wingz.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Fish-Fakemon-286187641

Think its here. No space at the start though

Edited by Moon97

4 hours ago, Moon97 said:

a stro-wingz.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Fish-Fakemon-286187641

Think its here. No space at the start though

i see, his/her account name is astro-wingz, there is a button on the top right screen that says send a note, if you want you can ask him ^_^ , but i think that you might not have time

3 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

i see, his/her account name is astro-wingz, there is a button on the top right screen that says send a note, if you want you can ask him ^_^ , but i think that you might not have time

I did. I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

• 2 weeks later...