Pokemon Prism sent C&D by Nintendo

lcie nimbus

47 minutes ago, Ursidae said:

I honestly hope it goes unofficial like Uranium, because I've been looking forward to it for a good long while now.

Only problem is this is BEFORE its public release, not after. Uranium everyone could just share the game, Prism they'd need to purposely leak it to a select few, which idk if they really wanna.

Prism went to like two people one of which is the TPP streamer who wouldn't risk that, and another streamer who tweeted that he's already deleted the files and will not distribute them. The mistake of advertising the game basically means it can't get out without the maker getting into a lot of trouble.

Edited by Personthing

3 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

Only problem is this is BEFORE its public release, not after. Uranium everyone could just share the game, Prism they'd need to purposely leak it to a select few, which idk if they really wanna.

They would still need proof to bust them, speculation won't hold in a court room. In the end, it's up to the dev now, and a "leak" wouldn't be something impossible.

It's what I would do in a similar situation, without a second though. I wouldn't let nearly a decade of work go unreleased because of a company worried about a multi-million dollar brand. Far as I'm concerned, fan projects should be supported; not squashed.

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, Ursidae said:

They would still need proof to bust them, speculation won't hold in a court room. In the end, it's up to the dev now, and a "leak" wouldn't be something impossible.

It's what I would do in a similar situation, without a second though. I wouldn't let nearly a decade of work go unreleased because of a company worried about a multi-million dollar brand. Far as I'm concerned, fan projects should be supported; not squashed.

Ironically just as you said this, the game leaked on 4chan.

5 hours ago, Azeria said:

Ironically just as you said this, the game leaked on 4chan.

I am aware.~
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd like to mention as of 4am, the 4Chan post has been archived. Though, the download link is out there still.

As long as they don't make money with it there's nothing Nintendo can do about it, for example WoW private servers cannot be shut down because they don't directly charge.

About Prism itself, gen 2 graphics are really a turndown in this day and age. (also the few selection of pokemon). Im not sure if the story is good or what new stuff they add to the game.

Edited by iskelion