Wow, episode 9. I've read em, you've read em... maybe. Here's the 9th episode. Doing more of the dual story thing. Works nice for me since the team has been split up a bit and it gives time to build more characters outside of the main crew as well as introduce side plots villains and all that jazz. Had a lot of fun writing this episode but sadly the silliness and puns are going into hibernation as when "The battle for beryl" arc (is that a nice name lemme know) starts then it gets pretty dark and serious as veterens of the game can expect. My playthrough with this team is going hilariously awful compared to how they perform in the story but thats for another day. Here's a lovely little gem episode 9 or as its friends call it "Uninvited guests"

InT. obsidia depths (night)

Justin, Luxcalibur and Victoria are traversing through the murky underground of Obsidia Ward. Small groups of strong looking Pokémon give them dirty looks as they pass by. The three tread ground cautiously.

Justin

So... Anyone else picking up seriously murdery vibes.

Luxcalibur nods in agreement as he walks.

Victoria

I don't feel particularly welcome here.

As the three continue their journey they spot a mysterious box plopped in the center of their path.

JuSTIN

(mystified)

I wonder if there's a car in that box.

Luxcalibur's eyes begin to glow but Justin stands in front of him.

JUSTIN

No! Don't peak...

(rubbing his hands together)

I want a surprise.

VICTORIA

I don't believe you'll find a car.

JuSTIN

You just aren't dreaming big enough.

Justin walks close to the box.

JUSTIN

I hope its a Lamdratini or a Porschegus or maybe a Gashtlyiac.... Pokémon.

Justin goes to lift the box up but it growls and inches backwards.

JUSTIN

Cars don't usually move like that... Or growl...

The box proceeds to run wildly in circles.

JUSTIN

I'm beginning to suspect this isn't a normal car.

VICTORIA

Perhaps a Pokémon is trapped under there.

JUSTIN

Or its-

VICTORIA

(without a beat)

Justin I'm quite certain it isn't a car.

JUSTIN

Just because there isn't a single car dealership in a single city on the planet doesn't mean I can't be right.

The box finally scurries outside of the depths upstairs to the first roofed section.

JuSTIN

(panicking)

DON'T LET MY DREAMS GET AWAY!

Justin fervently chases after the box leaving his companions behind.

VICTORIA

So. Is this standard with Justin?

Luxcalibur nods and faces Victoria with a straight laced but disappointed look.

VICTORIA

(giggling)

Lets not keep him waiting.

Victoria pets Luxcalibur as she walks out. Luxcalibur sighs briefly then runs out after the two.

InT. magma base North Obsidia

We first see outside the arson's apparently run down headquarters which would lead us to believe it will be in the same poor condition of the other buildings. Inside the rugged building is relatively lavish. A red carpet extends from the entrance past two red suited body guards. A young caucasian man with slicked back jet black hair with a red streak sits upon a golden makeshift throne. He wears a black suit with a red tie. Two women are sitting like trophies on each arm rest. The three drink champagne while the myriad of magma soldiers walk around talking to the various women in the club like complex. Another man walks down the red carpet wearing a black shirt and red rosary, the rest of his clothes are black. He wears a red earpiece his name is Break, the magma leader's 3rd seat.

Break

Sir.

The young man on the throne ignores him to continue flirting with the women beside him.

BREAK

Sir.

One of the women with striking blonde hair finished with a red streak slaps the man in the back of the head. She wears a long beautiful black dress and a complimentary short temper. Her name is Ember.

Maxwell

The fuck was that for?

Ember

Maxwell, your man is trying to get your attention.

MaXWELL

(annoyed)

So you slap me?

Ember stands and scarfs down her drink.

EMBER

You gonna do something about it?

First the young king looks at the woman furiously then begins laughing.

MAXWELL

God damn, bitches like you...

EmBER

Bitches like me what?

MAXWELL

Get me riled up.

EMBER

Thats amazing. Your man is still here..

MAXWELL

(happily sighing)

Sup Break?

BREAK

Its about Darm.

Maxwell sighs and takes a hearty slurp of his drink. He then motions with his hand for Break to continue.

BrEAK

He attacked a garden in Opal a while back looking for the elusive Michael. After the death of his Darmanitan he decided to get revenge. Its causing quite a commotion and I'm sure he's been recognized at this point.

MAXWELL

(bored)

So-

BREAK

So perhaps we should stop him before he drags the police back to our head quarters.

MAXWELL

Its a club Break, we've been over this. Remember... Club?

BREAK

Regardless.

Maxwell sighs at his disinterested associate's response.

EMBER

Go stop him.

MAXWELL

Hey if he fucks up twice you know the rule. I say let Oakinism do its thing.

BrEAK

If you ins-

Ember whispers into Maxwell's ear. He is clearly excited from her note evident from his toothy grin. Maxwell raises his glass and his soldiers stare in anticipation.

MAXWELL

Ya know what. A good leader knows when to assist his men and when to let them learn from their mistakes. This is the time for action. I shall see to my subordinate. Personally.

Maxwell leaps from his chair and walks down the carpet exiting the club. His soldiers all clap and cheer as he passes by. He waves and bows nonchalantly.

EMBER

Good work.

BREAK

Thanks Emm.

Ember follows out after Maxwell prompting the other lady to join her.

ExT. seacrest's garden

The fight from the prior episode has continued for a few minutes. Blaze is fighting Onix who swings his mighty tail with trained precision down on Blaze who shoots a fire ball out of his mouth at each strike to slow the impact before he is forced to catch instead of dodge the monster's attacks. Blaze is bleeding profusely on each of his forearms but isn't as strained as his damage would suggest. Behind him we see Isabella with arms outstretched and glowing in a white light healing Blaze throughout the fight. Blaze's forearms glow after every few attacks showing the damage being undone.

Chris

You really have no idea how bad both of you are screwing up right now. Onix HEAD SMASH!

Onix stands high on his tail then proceeds to bee-line straight for Blaze. Blaze looks nervous for a moment then turns to Kirlia and caws. She nods and a blue light covers her hands then slows the rock snake's descent towards Blaze who takes the opportunity to throw an enflamed haymaker to it knocking its head into the street. While Onix is in a daze Blaze takes the chance to run down its back and grab its tail then back down its body and past Kirlia. He begins to lift the monstrosity upwards and with Kirlia's psychic power the two are able to lift and slam Onix destroying a large portion of the city block and knocking out the rock snake in the process.

ChRIS

(distraught)

Are you fucking kidding me?

Blaze is looking at the downed Onix from his and Isabella's combined efforts. He takes a moment then his arms ignite. He turns slowly clearly furious with the trainer and begins walking towards him which turns into a full blown sprint. Just as he cocks his arm back and readies another violent and potentially bloody haymaker he is teleported behind the rock wall that Darm and company busted through and he comes to a sudden stop, breaking a small piece of the wall with his burning fist. In his place in front of Chris is Isabella via her ally switch technique.

ChrIS

I'm gonna hurt you. You leave, then join these low lives and you even have the audacity to-

Isabella curls her tiny hand into a fist and punches Chris square in the mouth. Shock overcomes the yard except Blaze who has peered over the wall and can't contain his smile.

CHRIS

Are you out of your god damn-

She punches him again leaving him in more pain than shock. Her legs begin to wobble even though she has been employing psychic power to keep herself upright.

CHRIS

(smiling)

I see you like those scars huh. How about we add to that-

Chris prepares to kick Isabella but before the swing is finished he is tripped and lands flat on his face.

CHRIS

WHO HAS THE BALLS?!

Chris rolls over and looks at Soldier glaring down upon him.

CHRIS

DARM WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!

Chris leans up a little and sees that Darm is holding Darm Jr. On his back while recalling his severely cut up and bleeding Camerupt.

Darm

I just keep fucking losing to this insane ass place.

Seacrest walks alongside Darm with a wide grin.

Seacrest

At the risk of sounding hilarious... Told ya so.

DARM

(defeated)

Fuck off.

Darm walks away from a laughing Seacrest towards Chris.

DARM

You coming kid. I think I'm quite done with the world's worst garden.

SEACREST

What happened to your burning charisma boy. It was rubbing off on me.

DARM

Jesus christ we get it you won.

ChRIS

(furious)

NO HE FUCKING DIDN'T!

Chris throws a Pokéball releasing a Golem. When it hits the ground Blaze falls off the wall hysterically laughing while in the thorn bush.

CHRIS

(furious)

SHUT! THE! FUCK! UP! I came here for my property and I'm not leaving without it!

Chris attempts to grab Kirlia but Soldier and Blaze are cutting him off. Soldier's arm to his throat and Blaze charging up flames in his hand. Chris looks around the garden noticing everyone's concerned most noticeable is Isabella's pitying expression. His rage turns to discontent as he gives up with his next sentence.

ChrIS

If I can't have it.... no one will. Explosion...

Golem begins to glow brightly and everyone stares in horror but before the ball shaped creature is able to self-destruct it is surrounded in flames and subsequently burned to death then shortly after to ashes. From the skies falls an extremely large Magmortar which lands in the ashes of the golem scattering its remains to the wind.

DARM

Awwwww damn it.

MAXWELL (O.S.)

Thank you Momo.

A rare candy flies past the group and into Momo's hand. He unravels then eats the treat and throws the wrapper to the ground. Through the hole in the wall walks Maxwell and his possy of the two young ladies.

MAXWELL

Good afternoon or evening. Shit. What time is it?

EMBER

Its 5.

MAXWELL

(guessing)

So.... after-

EMBER

Evening jackass.

MAXWELL

Should I go out and come back in? I'm gonna go out and come back in.

The ladies stay behind but Maxwell runs out then elegantly strolls back in as if his previous entrance didn't happen.

MAXWELL

Good evening ladies and germs. I am the humble king of the streets, the debonair gentleman of refinery and flame. You my lovable hoes and man-hoes can call me Maxwell. The leader of idiots you've been beating down otherwise known as Team Magma. So who may I ask is in charge?

SEACREST

That'd be me boy.

MAXWELL

Shiiiiiiet. Darm wasn't kidding. You got bigger balls than that Golem probably had. And he was a literal big ball.

SEACREST

(under his breath)

Its like the boy time a thousand.

MAXWELL

The boy. Whose that?

Seacrest studders

SEACREST

Michael.

MAXWELL

Michael huh. I heard he sent a warning or something but I found out that no one named Michael actually lives or even trains here.

SEACREST

He moved out.

MAXWELL

Huh.

(pondering)

I did hear from some cute little kids that a resident bad ass that fights terrorists lives here and his name is Justin. But I found this out by TALKING to people... DARM!

DARM

I get it. Break is the smart one.

MAXWELL

Yeah no shit idiot.

SEACREST

If you think-

MAXWELL

Nope. Your place is officially off limits. Because if a trainer-less team can beat my boy not once but twice then it means when he is here I'd rather not be. Also I made a little deal that this turf is now unobtainable. Soooooo Darm, cmon time for your spanky.

Darm reluctantly walks out of the garden.

MAXWELL

(condescending)

What do we say?

DARM

Sorry for messsing up your stuff... Butt holes.

Darm is gone.

MAXWELL

And you new guy. What's your name?

CHRIS

Its Chris. And if-

MAXWELL

Don't care shut up. You're now part of Magma whether you like it or not. So go on. Follow that idiot.

CHRIS

If I refuse?

Maxwell chuckles as he threatens Chris.

MAXWELL

Then I kill you. You got recruited by Darm, I got his text and then you proceeded to lose. You made me look bad so now you gotta be spanked. I don't make the rules I just follow them.

EMBER

You do both.

MAXWELL

My mistake. I make the rules and I follow them.

ChRIS

Whatever. Onix wake up.

MAXWELL

Oh I'm sorry, didn't know that thing was yours. Sorry no rock types unless they come with fire attached.

CHRIS

Excuse me.

MaXWELL

Was I unclear or did I studder.

CHRIS

I'm not leaving my partner.

MAXWELL

Oooooookaayyyyyy. Momo, torch it.

Without a moment's hesitation the gargantuan Magmortar shoots a fireball straight towards Onix but it is kicked up by Blaze and the strong flame actually is able to burn Blaze's black feathers causing a few to drop from his shin.

MAXWELL

Hmmm how bout that. Momo?

The lava monster awaits his next command.

MAXWELL

(chuckling)

Care to give it another shot... Hehe get it. Cuz you're shoot-

CHRIS

WAIT. I'm coming.

MAXWELL

Good boy.

Chris leaves the garden and stops by his prized Onix.

CHRIS

Sorry. I'll... I'll be back.

MAXWELL

Probably not but hey hearfelt goodbyes make for better movies.

Chris glares at Maxwell.

MAXWELL

That's the spirit boy. Keep that fire up and I might allow you vacation time.

Chris walks away from his now wailing Onix.

MAXWELL

So ummm. Bye.

Just as Maxwell is walking away Soldier flies in and his Blades are around Maxwell's throat with his back to the preying mantis.

MaXWELL

Hmmm this is new.

Soldier does a double take and notices that Momo and two more Magmortar have their six arms pointed at both his and Maxwell's heads with power being charged up by the second.

MAXWELL

I admire your guts and definitely give props to knowing taking down the leader is the goal but my boys know if I fall that you keep the fight going. So one of two things is gonna happen. You step back or I say the war cry one last time.

Soldier's blades grind against each other for a moment.

SEACREST

Soldier. We're safe. It sounds crazy but I don't think he's lying.

Soldier holds his blades on Maxwell for a moment.

MAXWELL

I got shit to do either with Ember or Giratina so can you make a move?

Soldier backs away from Maxwell.

MAXWELL

Cool. So thanks for the lukewarm welcome folks. I look forward to never seeing any of you again.

(to his possy)

Leggo shawties.

Maxwell leaves his arms hanging for the women to grab onto and then the three leave the garden subsequently followed by the trio of Magmortar.

SEACREST

(upset)

Just once. Just once I would like one boring day!

I/E. OBSIDIA DEPTHS (NIGHT)

Justin and Victoria have reached a roof area within the depths. While outside under the starry sky they see that many Hoppip are sleeping on the roof. Victoria and Luxcalibur look around the surroundings and focus on the sleeping bud Pokémon. Justin looks around a little agitated.

JUSTIN

Man this is one boring day.

The group reenters the underground and are again subjected to the dank cold air and the unforgiving environment.

VICTORIA

Perhaps a quiet adventure through the slums is ideal.

JUSTIN

But Victoria what about-

VICTORIA

(slightly annoyed)

I'm sorry. Perhaps we can talk about something besides the car.

JUSTIN

Oh right. So umm the plant problem we're up against.

VICTORIA

Yes, I think we faced the same obstacle of not being able to pass the split in the town.

JuSTIN

I tried jumping it.

VICTORIA

(surprised)

You what?!

JUSTIN

But I was almost pulled down by some rampant vines. So my guess is either freak coincidence.

VICTORIA

Or?

JUSTIN

Or whatever is making the vines is forcing the intervention teams underground to stall for time.

VICTORIA

Do you think we could be attacked down here?

JUSTIN

(shaking his head)

I doubted. If they could attack us this far away then they probably just would of destroyed closer to Opal ward.

VICTORIA

So this will be relatively safe then?

Both Justin and Luxcalibur turn to Victoria with a disappointed look on their faces.

JUSTIN

You had to Jynx it didn't you?

At that moment a large bear like creature punches him square in the face catapaulting him through a nearby wall into the next room. He lands next to a box which storms off after being startled by his crash.

JUSTIN

(crying)

Farewell future that could of been.

Justin is grabbed by his foot and slammed into the ground repatedly by the the muscular bear until it is tackled into a nearby wall by Luxcalibur. The gentle lion runs over to Justin and helps him to his feet.

JUSTIN

There's no need to save me. My dreams are already dead.

Luxcalibur roars to encourage his friend to snap out of his funk.

VICTORIA

I agree with Luxcalibur, perhaps this isn't the time to sulk Justin.

Victoria summons Embroar from its Pokéball. Justin stands and notices the monster coming out of its body shaped mark in the wall. He recognizes its Panda like pattern, the upright posture and the boxer stance it takes as it inches towards the team with precision. As far as Pangoro go it is considerably more lean but noticeably taller. Instead of the typical leaf that Pangoro are famous for chewing, this one appears to be biting down on a slightly burnt twig. The large panda has a dark black tattered cape which is surprising bruised even for its species but its most dominant feature is the lack of a left eye.

JUSTIN

So.... you wanna throw hands Cuddles?

The large Pokémon scowls as it glares at Justin.

JUSTIN

Good. Sit back boys and girl. Daddy has to give someone a spanking.

Justin lunges at the one-eyed beast but before his punch can connect two more Pangoro leap from the shadows and cut Justin off. He blocks both side attacks from the normal sized creatures. with his hands but is entirely open for the lead Pangoro to attack. Both Luxcalibur and Embroar attack the side bears while Justin is able to refocus his attention on their lanky leader.

JuSTIN

CMON!

Justin and the Panda gang leader begin exchanging heavy blows to each other's face and body each receiving and giving punch are met with damage and pain. Both person and Pokémon smile in disturbing delight as they relish their bloody fight. Off to the side Luxcalibur is fighting one of the lackeys with little difficulty while Victoria and Embroar fight the final member of the violent attackers.

VICTORIA

Is he fighting it alone?

Luxcalibur finishes his enemy with a lightning bolt then gives an electrified tackle to Embroar's opponent sending him hurdling towards Justin.

VICTORIA

Justin look out!

Justin turns in the nick of time to dodge out of the way and the Pangoro underling crashes into its leader and the two crash land into a wall behind him. Justin slowly makes his way towards the downed Panda duo and notices a makeshift cell with a small Scraggy and A buff Scrafty with a cheek scar and white scarf around his neck which matches the description of Clean's friend. The Scraggy is terrified with its face burrowed into the chest of its elder who looks upon the ruckus more annoyed than anything.

JuSTIN

What the hell is this?! You have prisoners?

Justin grabs the Pangoro leader by the fur of its collar. The Pangoro grunts weakly but angrily at Justin.

JuSTIN

(furious)

Open the cage.

The daunting Pokémon pushes Justin away and barks again. Before Justin attacks again, Luxcalibur cuts him off and points to Justin's watch and howls. Justin slowly reads it.

JUSTIN

(confused)

War... kids... Missing.

Justin sighs as he runs his hands through his very short hair.

JUSTIN

Damn, I can never do one thing at a time.

Justin kicks the cell down to free the two hooded Pokémon. The boss Panda roars in protest at Justin's decision.

JUSTIN

Shut up. He didn't take your kid.

The scowling bear glares at Justin.

JUSTIN

Did your cub disappear after an earthquake?

The triumvirate of Pandas stare in confusion.

JUSTIN

Lux.

Luxcalibur bites a vine then growls at the group receiving a collective nod after his brief explanation.

JUSTIN

It wasn't them. But if you want your family then we need to move and yes that means you all need to work together.

Justin gestures the two rival gangs working together. The groups stare at one another building tension a saw couldn't cut through.

JUSTIN

Or your children die and you go back to killing each other. Pick your poison kids.

Scrafty and the Pangoro leader share a look then walk together cautiously and shake hands. They share more of a glare than a sense of understanding but a temporary truce has clearly been formed.

JUSTIN

Super. Vicky, lets lead the kids to victory.

VICTORIA

That sounds ideal for everyone.

Justin goes towards an open wide passageway that is considerably dimmer than the rest of the underground. Lights flicker but an abundance of vines can be seen. Before he continues Pangoro and Scrafty grab his left and right shoulders respectively.

JUSTIN

I'm guessing this where we last saw them.

The two leaders nod. At that moment cracks form in the ceiling above.

VICTORIA

It doesn't seem staying here will be much safer.

JUSTIN

Fine, we'll find another way around. Looks like our vine friend is nestled up in that cave.

VICTORIA

So we go around and get the drop on it?

JUSTIN

We attack from below, Flo from above and boom. Expert exterminators.

Justin and Victoria start heading back with Scrafty, Pangoro and their gangs following behind. Luxcalibur stares down the eerie void with eyes in full gleam. He slowly stares up and then around and runs forward and tackles Justin out of the way as a vine breaks through the roof and grabs him instead. Justin lands several feet ahead and sees that Luxcalibur is biting on a vine to stay below ground with everyone.

JUSTIN

HELP HIM!

Everyone goes to grab the lion but he lets go of his grip and is pulled through the ceiling breaking away even more of it.

JUSTIN

LUXCALIBUR!

Justin jumps to his feet and begins furiously shouting at the ceiling.

JUSTIN

GIVE ME BACK MY FRIEND YOU OVERGROWN CHIA-PET!

Justin's plea falls on deaf ears. He then charges down the dark hallway alone.

VICTORIA

Justin wait!

Just as Victoria charges after him she is tackled to the side by Scrafty and saved as Justin is sent flying by via rampant vine which tackles him into the makeshift prison. As he is flung about he stabs at the violent growth with a piece of glass. After a struggle he is tossed upwards through the same hole as Luxcalibur. He shouts as he flies upwards.

JUSTIN

Vicky, its belly is down there. Take it down with them.

VICTORIA

What about you?

Justin is still high in the air as he see a large slew of trainers battling the monstrosity of vines and plant life connected to a terrible looking machine. Among the trainers are Florinia, Cain and another blue haired woman. Luxcalibur leaps and catches Justin on his back in mid air and the two begin to soar straight for the eye of the terrifying beast.

JUSTIN

Justin rains from above.

So that's episode 9. I think the new Magma members as well as showing Darm's position and failing was cool. Had to expand on the personalities of some since most side characters don't really get development time in a game as big as this. One thing I like but I don't know if others like is just how good Justin's team is with or without him. They're all pretty good on their own which makes them a little op but Justin's training methods are different so maybe it is in line with his character. Anyway here's this episode's song. Dedicated to the King of Team Magma Maxwell. rawrrr