If the Gen 7 Starters get implemented, would you start a new game?

aGoodCabinet2

Nah. The starters are all so slow, and they don't get access to the Z-moves that made them unique. Like having them would be nice for mono-runs and whatnot because there's no fairy or ghost starters rn, but personally, I'd stick with Blaziken. Or, rather, I will stick with Blaziken, when I find the motivation to try this game again.

Speaking of which, I don't think we're going to see Z-moves in reborn, like, ever. Massive, flashy animations, for a mechanic that most trainers don't have but that the player does, and that could make crucial fights much easier, is pretty opposite to the whole concept of reborn, imho. 

EDIT: actually, it's possible that we could find them at the circus as a set; we have a Clown, a Wrestler, and an Archer of Improbable Skill.

Edited by doombotmecha

Er, I would like to try Primarina at some point, but not to the point of scrapping my current game for it. I restarted not long ago and plan to make this one the big one I'm gonna finish the plot with, so nope. Won't feel like restarting for a looong time.

Well I restarted for Froakie way back when gen 6 was just put in, but hey it's a Froakie. But I'll totally try the gen 7 starters for their signature moves. I mean, the whole Z-moves thing just seem...either not gonna be a thing or a post game/very late game thing.

Considering how overall weak the gen 7 starters are they would probably be available at the point we've reached in episode 16. So there would be no reason to restart the game unless you want to redo the adventure with one of them from the start.

Not really. I'd collect them once they're available via events or in the wild, but the Gen7 starters just aren't all that great in actual use, nor do their final forms appeal to me that much. The fire starter especially suffers from being incredibly slow... the slowest of all three I believe, and having unfortunately low defenses. Its middle form with a held item to boost its power is probably better off then the evolution, due to its higher speed.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Nah. Gen 7 starters are rather bad stat-wise. I guess some people would make it part of some challenge run but I wouldn't want to relive all that grinding just these guys.

I'd imagine that most people would probably pick them for novelty or monotypes. Reborn doesn't give Ghost types until late and Fairy types are pretty sparse.

30 minutes ago, Spark Dynamo said:

Not really. I'd collect them once they're available via events or in the wild, but the Gen7 starters just aren't all that great in actual use, nor do their final forms appeal to me that much. The fire starter especially suffers from being incredibly slow... the slowest of all three I believe, and having unfortunately low defenses. Its middle form with a held item to boost its power is probably better off then the evolution, due to its higher speed.

Wait how does Incineroar suffer from having low defenses when it's bulkier than arcanine and has intimidate (while also having more attack than arcanine)?? It'll be quite better than its middle form, but i guess speed is the only important stat :///

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wait how does Incineroar suffer from having low defenses when it's bulkier than arcanine and has intimidate (while also having more attack than arcanine)?? It'll be quite better than its middle form, but i guess speed is the only important stat :///

Because unfortunately dark is not a good defensive type with a lack of reliable recovery. The bulk is nice until you realise all the common physical weaknesses are barely offset by intimidate.

Main question though, maybe I'd have a second playthrough for primarina due to the scarcity of faeries, but otherwise no. 

Basically that. Incineroar (aside from having the laziest name I've ever seen, good god, especially since Pyroar already exists) has an iffy defensive typing, no reliable recovery, and lacks a good movepool in general (it's somewhat bad that he doesn't even get knock off or SuckerPunch, unreliable priority as it is). I dunno.

Arcanine has fewer weaknesses, natural access to Intimidate, recovery in Morning Sun, reliable and strong priority in Extreme Speed, a better fighting type coverage move in CC, and much better speed and mixed offenses. 

Also Dogs > Cats. So there.

Primarina is ehhh (use Gardevoir), Decidueye is ehhh² (Shiftry does the job well enough, besides being faster). I'd rather use BorkedFrog or Burd of Honour, or even Torterra just to piss off@Xiri

1 minute ago, phoenica said:

You mean that something is bugged and you can't get other starters In current version?

No no, I just reeeeeallllllly love Incineroar. On a side note: Is your avvii picture Dia Kurosawa from Love Live! Sunshine!! ?? If so, we share the same best girl!

33 minutes ago, OpalWardMusicFan said:

No no, I just reeeeeallllllly love Incineroar. On a side note: Is your avvii picture Dia Kurosawa from Love Live! Sunshine!! ?? If so, we share the same best girl!

Actualy, thats Ange from Umineko, sorry xD

Edited by phoenica