The elite four and Champion theory

Zander

So I've been thinking about how the elite four and Champion would play out and who would they be.  I have two theories.  In both of them Amy is the champion.  That should be pretty obvious. So here are my two theories :-

1) Amy is the champion.  You fight the elite four after 18 gym leaders.  Regular six on six battles with specialized field effects for each type. 

Dj arc light and his buddies are probably going to fill in elite four slots.  They have certain stories which play out into the post game and eventually into the night club .  Then you battle Champion Amy. 

2) Troll Amy to the maximum being like sorry I made you fight 18 gym leaders but we don't really have an elite four. Or maybe they died due to some team meteor stuff.  So what to do? Make your rivals the elite four members.  By them I mean Victoria, Fern Cain and Heather.  They somehow qualify to be elite four members and you have to fight them.  But they want to fight Amy too and become champion.  So the most easy thing to do is have a double battle. 

You draw the short end of the stick so you have to fight alongside champion Amy in a double battle with other elite four members. It can either be 3 pokemon of you and 3 pokemon of Amy vs six pokemon of your rival or 12 on 12 double battles.  Cain and Heather paired up and then Fern and Victoria (Fern won't like it of course but he doesn't deserve to be liked anyway). 

But there's a catch.  Amy will have multiple target hitting moves such as earthquake, sludge wave, discharge etc so your pokemon take damage.  On top of that her pokemon have a chance of hitting yours with an attack instead of the opponent's pokemon.  So she can use Hydro pump on my greninja as an example.  

After beating the elite four you challenge champion Amy.  The field will be of the championship field which means that all of Amy's pokemon can have 100% accuracy in their moves. Also her pokemon will have a higher random chance to crit your pokemon.  Of course her pokemon is fully ev trained and iv bred.  

What do you think about this?  Is this too broken or too easy?  Maybe all the elite four will have perfect ev and iv pokemon too.  Please share your thoughts, I think it will be pretty interesting. 

Thanks for reading 

Amaria can't be the champion, since she is the water type gym leader, and that is confirmed in-game when you visit her house (that also doubles as her gym). Also the champion was already revealed (HUGE E16 spoilers):

Spoiler

The champion was revealed in E16, and it was Ame. However, due to some things that happened in that episode she is no longer champion, and the position is currently vacant. Given how the story is progressing the boss of team Meteor Lin will probably be the final battle and will be our champion-like battle.

As for the Elite Four they are also set in stone: Heather, Elias, Bennett (replaced Laura) and Anna.

39 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

As for the Elite Four they are also set in stone: Heather, Elias, Bennett (replaced Laura) and Anna.

I don't really think Anna will be in the elite 4, remenber when they were introducting everyone.

Talking about Noel, Charlotte being gym leaders and also making a big deal about Laura in the elite 4, but they didn't mention once Anna being in the league, unless she'll be added later just like Heather.

Edited by PedroHenrique

5 minutes ago, PedroHenrique said:

I don't really think Anna will be in the elite 4, remenber when they were introducting everyone.

Talking about Noel, Charlotte being gym leaders and also making a big deal about Laura in the elite 4, but they didn't mention once Anna being in the league, unless she'll be added later just like Heather.

Heather wasn't added later to the E4, she was always a part of it, though we only found out about it in Ametrine. It's true that out of the ones I've listed Anna is the only one that hasn't been confirmed in-game yet. However, it's pretty obvious she is an Elite, there have been multiple hints of that. When they introduced everyone, Charlotte made a huge deal of Laura being a E4, and Noel said "If you're going to say that, you may as well mention how Anna-" before Anna cut him off. Also it was stated multiple times that she holds a 'high position' within the League. If you look at the three initial E4s you can see a very clear theme:

Laura (Sapphire Bracelet)

Elias (Topaz... thing)

Heather (Ruby Ring)

All of them at some point owned one of the four gemstones, not to mention the gemstones have been passed in their families through the generations. Laura got the bracelet from her parents (I think her father was an E4), and Heather got the ring from her mother (who was also an E4). The only character to ever own the Amethyst Pendant (other than the MC) was Anna, meaning she is the only one that can fill the last position of the Elite Four. Not to mention she inherited it from one of her parents, suggesting that her family is also one that guards the gemstones.

Well episode 16 is full of fatal bugs and I'm not really in the mood for some bug having to crash my entire save file so I have to start from scratch.  I can wait it out till the clean version comes out but who knows maybe my theory will somehow play in. 

2 hours ago, Zander said:

Make your rivals the elite four members.  By them I mean Victoria, Fern Cain

Why though? The player is much better than them already, considering they've never lost to them.

It ruins the point of the Elite 4 being the final hurdle on your journey when you have to fight the same shmucks you've been beating around Reborn.

Character such as Anna wasn`t in Reborn online league, correct me if I`m wrong, thus she`s neither leader, nor leader-replacement, since every leader matches real person, with their role play; some in-game events are derived from real events, too. Yes, person like Fern really exists.

Spoiler

Anyway, Anna is not champion too, yet she`s high in the league - this, plus other hints, like keystones, implies she`s elite four, there is no another option, since Ame was a champion till e16.

My bet is on Elias getting dismised from E4 position soon, one way or another, preferably he gets killed with marvelous special effects.

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, example said:

Character such as Anna wasn`t in Reborn online league, correct me if I`m wrong, thus she`s neither leader, nor leader-replacement, since every leader matches real person, with their role play; some in-game events are derived from real events, too. Yes, person like Fern really exists.

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, Anna is not champion too, yet she`s high in the league - this, plus other hints, like keystones, implies she`s elite four, there is no another option, since Ame was a champion till e16.

My bet is on Elias getting dismised from E4 position soon, one way or another, preferably he gets killed with marvelous special effects.

Anna was the season 3 (and maybe also season 2?) Psychic leader for the online league. The only major characters who weren't in the online league are Solaris, ZEL, Taka, and Sirius. 

Anyone noticed how in E16 there's a guy in a random pokecenter I think, who talks about a certain "Savage", a trainer who turned mad after several losses to Shade. He says Savage eventually beat Shade and is "likely further down the Reborn league now", though since we never encountered such a guy and we know the remaining gym leaders, could it mean that Savage is one of the Elite 4 now? Likely a ghost/dark user.

That would put the E4 as Heather, Bennet, Savage and El, in some order(El probably the strongest after the champion). I don't think Anna is E4.

As for the champion, either the final Lin fight will be after the E4, in Pokemon Black/White-style, or El might've taken over as the champion by then.

31 minutes ago, Kircheis said:

Anyone noticed how in E16 there's a guy in a random pokecenter I think, who talks about a certain "Savage", a trainer who turned mad after several losses to Shade. He says Savage eventually beat Shade and is "likely further down the Reborn league now", though since we never encountered such a guy and we know the remaining gym leaders, could it mean that Savage is one of the Elite 4 now? Likely a ghost/dark user.

That would put the E4 as Heather, Bennet, Savage and El, in some order(El probably the strongest after the champion). I don't think Anna is E4.

As for the champion, either the final Lin fight will be after the E4, in Pokemon Black/White-style, or El might've taken over as the champion by then.

Hmm that is interesting. But Ame said we met all of the characters as of episode 14, so 'savage' would have to be someone we know. My bet is on Elias, since his past is still pretty much mysterious and you could say that he is mad.

5 hours ago, Eterna said:

I mean, the reason we have beta testing is to scrub out most if not all the fatal bugs, and I started my new save file from the community release a couple of days ago (currently up to the Jasper Ward w/ +18 hours grinded in for good measure) and everything has been more than awesome on my playthrough so far so, I don't think the community release is as buggy as its led to believe I mean like us beta testers get the most raw playable copy of the game ;D community release is there to catch any misc errors that don't get fixed in beta and more often than not the most significant and fatal bugs are fixed in beta. It's fine to be cautious and not wanna risk anything anyway but the community release isn't as broken as one might think. If one person can start the game again and comfortably play several hours into it without encountering issues then idk why anyone with the same version of the game would encounter issues (also there's like 51+ save backups that E16 has so even if something goes wrong I think you're covered :') 

I guess I'll give it a week or two before downloading . Thanks for the info though 

5 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

Hmm that is interesting. But Ame said we met all of the characters as of episode 14, so 'savage' would have to be someone we know. My bet is on Elias, since his past is still pretty much mysterious and you could say that he is mad.

Pretty sure that the Savage that the NPC is talking about is the Beartic of the Smoochum event. Aside from the fact that he's pretty close to S̼̥̘̟h̨̟̘̦͓̕͝ͅa̵̷̩̤̤͈̩̰̜͚d͟͏̘̼͎̥̮̖̕e̢̩ 's gym, the name of the trainer battle there is "Pokemon Savage."

11 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Anna was the season 3 (and maybe also season 2?) Psychic leader for the online league. The only major characters who weren't in the online league are Solaris, ZEL, Taka, and Sirius. 

Oh, okay, so this makes Anna being secondary psychic leader a little more plausible, but on the other hand, every leader`s death happened before we obtained badge, to force us to fight another one, so anyway, she`s either E4, or something suprising, that we haven`t seen yet.

3 hours ago, Sarun said:
Spoiler

Pretty sure that the Savage that the NPC is talking about is the Beartic of the Smoochum event. Aside from the fact that he's pretty close to S̼̥̘̟h̨̟̘̦͓̕͝ͅa̵̷̩̤̤͈̩̰̜͚d͟͏̘̼͎̥̮̖̕e̢̩ 's gym, the name of the trainer battle there is "Pokemon Savage."

Spoiler

And what, this guy transformed into Pokemon? I fancy idea that we will meet him in a sidequest or event, it is not necessarily main character, and I dont think Ame would put this dialogue in game without reason, just to mention some Shade`s history facts.