The Trap

Tempest

I’m writing this because today is the 3rd anniversary of when I joined this community… no, it’s not the day my account was created, but the day I started feeling like a part of everything.

Today is the day I first joined the Pokemon Online server, if my memory serves me correctly. The day I decided to stick around. The day I fell in love with Reborn.

Sure, I’ve come and gone, for various reasons, and sure I’ve had my fall from grace a few times, but I’ve kept coming back for a reason: I love this damn place.

Sure we have our drama, perhaps more so than most communities would, and sure I don’t get along with everyone, but I still love this damn place.

You see, Reborn is a trap; once you fall in, you can never escape. It’s the Hotel California: “You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.”

And god damn am I happy that I fell in.

This place is amazingly welcoming, and there’s so many people that I’ve become very good friends with. I always have such a good time here and I keep coming back for more.

This isn’t just meant to be a reflection… it’s meant to be a thank you.

Thank you for putting up with me when I do stupid bullshit. Thank you for letting be a mod, to be a leader in the community. Thank you for all the great times I’ve had. Thank you for all the friends I’ve made. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms, even when I walk away. Thank you for letting me fall into the trap.

I can’t possible thank everyone… I may not even be able to remember everyone, as terrible as it sounds, and I know that I will leave someone off the list if I do try… but I will make a short list of people I think I need to call out:

Ame

Ikaru

Dan

Edge

Micky

Viri

Cowtao

Kyoyo

Baz

Jacze

Dobby

Spineblade

Lugruf

Silver

Nyrias

Mashew

Req

Lexi

Bluewulf

Huk

Commander

Solarance

Fezzdog

Pocky

Arkhi

Swampellow

Wendel

Bibs

Azery

Dark Desire

Maelstrom

Vinny

Miss Kitty

Chubb

Murdoc

Godot

Jericho

I know there’s so many others… but it’s been three long years. I know I’m for sure forgetting so many people who were in Spear Pillar or so many other backchannels and Skype chats I was in.

So thank you to everyone, for being there, being a part of this community, and for putting up with me for three, long, enjoyable years.

Here’s to three more.

Congrats on three years Tempest!!!

You're always super impressive and I really appreciate all of the bugs with the website you've been fixing out. While I also don't play against your Noble bots they're pretty impressive too. Plus you're a nice guy so all in all the Community is a better place due to your return. 

Here's to three more :D

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

It feels like you haven't changed your signature in 3 years. =P

We appreciate you too, other storm.

Hey, I most definitely have changed my signature... I just don't change it every three days like you