Heal Candice,hurt Fantina

Candice: 21

Fantina: 15

Roark: 8

Heal Fantina, hurt Roarak  

Candice: 21

Fantina: 16

Roark: 6

(I would say people are determined to turn this into another Waifu War, but I don't know the popularity of most Sinnoh characters aside from Cynthia and Cyrius. Can't call 'Waifu War' if there are no waifus. At least I'll know the next gym leaders better from first-hand experience, although maybe not their popularity in the fanbase.)

Edited by seki108

Hurt Roark, heal Fantina

Candice: 19

Fantina: 18

Roark: 4

4 hours ago, seki108 said:

(I would say people are determined to turn this into another Waifu War, but I don't know the popularity of most Sinnoh characters aside from Cynthia and Cyrius. Can't call 'Waifu War' if there are no waifus. At least I'll know the next gym leaders better from first-hand experience, although maybe not their popularity in the fanbase.)

For Gym Leaders, on a pure popularity spectrum, in Sinnoh it's Volkner, and then Candice, and then no one comes close. So Fantina's popularity here is a bit of a surprise. I figure we'll be seeing more "waifu wars" in the next few regions where there are even more female Gym Leaders.

I know Elesa and Skyla from Unova are extremely popular, so that's definitely possible. Mallow's also very popular from the trial captains.

I think Kalos could be anyone's game, though, since from what I've seen people think most of the Kalos leaders are forgettable and a bad aftertaste after Unova where all the leaders had some importance in the storyline besides being a badge dispenser (or at least having some appearances outside their gym). Personally I like Valerie and Wulfric the most from Kalos. 

Heal Fantina, Hurt Candice

Candice: 15
Fantina: 22

Candice: 16
Fantina: 20

Battling Fantina was the absolute worst ._.  

Getting back to the topic of Unova -- although it's the most unique and memorable region to me, it definitely had the least memorable cast of gym leaders. Besides Skyla and Elesa, are any of them memorable in a good way? Iris Drayden is probably the only other example. Cheren is cool, but I enjoyed him more as a rival. I like Brycen too, but Icirrus City itself is more memorable to me than he is. Iris' old role is overshadowed when we see that she has become the champion. And then Roxie is...

I'm not even sure.

N would destroy nearly every last one of them if he were in the HnH.

Edited by WujiKyurem

20 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

Getting back to the topic of Unova -- although it's the most unique and memorable region to me, it definitely had the least memorable cast of gym leaders. Besides Skyla and Elesa, are any of them memorable in a good way? Iris Drayden is probably the only other example. Cheren is cool, but I enjoyed him more as a rival. I like Brycen too, but Icirrus City itself is more memorable to me than he is. Iris' old role is overshadowed when we see that she has become the champion. And then Roxie is... I'm not even sure. 

Candice: 18
Fantina: 16

I actually remember Fantina to be pretty easy. Crasher Wake was the worst for me. I'm thinking the rest of the winners in the HnH will be female, unless Drayden pulls a surprise victory out of nowhere. I also liked Blue better as a Rival, but hey, he won as Gym Leader, so. . . I thought Unova has way more memorable characters than Sinnoh or Hoenn. The Striation trio was an interesting concept, you had your first (definitely Black) WOC in Lenora, sassy Gay friend Burgh (cannot unsee those videos), Elesa was a Vocaloid confirmed, Skyla was the hot version of Winona. . . Drayden used mofo dragons. . . I haven't played BW2 so. . .

Personally, I found every leader from Unova to be memorable. They all had defined personalities, and had some kind of appearance outside their gym. Not to mention the leaders vs sages showdown in N's Castle. 

I'm not so fond of Marlon because I think his speech would've fit better in BW than in BW2. I'm referring to this:

"Listen, 'K. Believe in somethin'! Searchin' for stolen Pokémon is fine! Keepin' Unova from bein' iced over's fine too! It's all good. But think 'bout why you're doin' that. The strength of your beliefs is what gives you and your Pokémon power! I made some noise, so some people came out! Hey, be careful, 'K!"

That would've been perfect in BW when Team Plasma had an understandable point that got people questioning their lifestyle (even if they weren't sincere about their goals). But in BW2, there's nothing ambiguous about them. They're doing the bad stuff openly now. I saw someone call Neo Team Plasma "pirate gangster terrorists" and I think that's accurate. 

He still has a cool design, but I really think that needed to be in BW, not BW2. 

Other than that, though, I think Unova has my favorite cast of Gym Leaders overall from any region. 

@Kim I was a 9 year-old who didn't know any better, lol. Crasher Wake probably gave me trouble too (I chose Chimchar), but at least I could soothe the pain with Pastoria's music or a Safari Zone adventure. Fantina's gym puzzle took me much longer than it should have, and when I finally reached her, she kept haxing the hell out of me with Minimize and Confuse Ray. I lost more than once and got bored of Hearthome so quickly; and I wasn't about to start doing Contests. 

I suppose its all a matter of perspective, tbh. Sinnoh's leaders aren't at all cooler than Unova's per se --  I just remember being blown away by landscapes like Chargestone Cave, Celestial Tower, and Castelia City, and getting some just aight leaders. I do really like Unova's Elite Four though.

@Ice Cream Sand Witch oh yeah, I totally forgot about that scene! I really need to pick up my DS again someday because it's been too long since I've played some Pokemon outside of Reborn or Showdown. You've probably played more main series games than me and have a wider scope. That being said, I think it speaks volumes to how amazing Gen V was that I can hold such an opinion and still rank it as tied with Gen IV (HG/SS!!!) for best gen. But the leaders in Unova did at least have a sweet battle theme IIRC.

Edited by WujiKyurem

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm not so fond of Marlon because I think his speech would've fit better in BW than in BW2. I'm referring to this:

Aside from that speech, there really isn't anything unique I remember about him.  He just seemed kind of tacked on at the end, in my opinion.

Unova has also been the only region I remember that gave each gym it's own unique remix of the gym theme, something they REALLY need to bring back.  It just added an extra 'umpf' to them, aside from their appearances out side the gym (and actually playing important story roles at times).

ICSW, will the Unova one include all the gym leaders from B/W and B/W 2, or just B/W?  Also, I'm assuming Iris is disqualified since she becomes champion in B/W 2.

17 minutes ago, seki108 said:

ICSW, will the Unova one include all the gym leaders from B/W and B/W 2, or just B/W?  Also, I'm assuming Iris is disqualified since she becomes champion in B/W 2.

It will include all of them. Iris is more recognizable as a Champion, but she'll still be included as Blue was in Kanto's even though he's more important as a rival than a leader. 

Similarly, Acerola will be included in the trial captains even though she becomes an E4.

Will we get Pokemon Champions (not including PCs) HnH, Pokemon Player Characters/Rivals HnH? We did the latter on my first forum, and it was fun.

Edited by Kim

20 minutes ago, Kim said:

Will we get Pokemon Champions (not including PCs) HnH, Pokemon Player Characters/Rivals HnH? We did the latter on my first forum, and it was fun.

I've considered those, yeah. I wonder what I should call SM's players since they haven't been given official names to my knowledge. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I've considered those, yeah. I wonder what I should call SM's players since they haven't been given official names to my knowledge. 

Probably just their fan names for now (Sun for the boy, and Moon for the girl) until official names come out. Leaf never got an official name, sadly, even though we all know she's the other Blue/Green.

Yeah Unova definitely has the best cast of gym leaders and I'm expecting whoever wins from Unova to be in the top two of the finals against Blue. Even though I like a lot of the gym leaders in Unova my personal favourite is Burgh 'cause despite his kooky design he's a massive legend when it comes to his personality and he just rolls around being a massive bro like all of the time. Unfortunately I already know that either Elesa or Skyla is going to win but that won't stop me voting for Burgh until the ship sinks. Honestly he's probably my favourite gym leader from any region.