Type-Moon December Calendar

Sheep

I found this on reddit and I thought it would be a fun thing to do for all of you Type-Moon fans out there. Basically the idea is that each day in December we post here with a reply to the prompt given for that day on the calendar below:

XOqTUea.jpg

I'll explain some of the more obscure ones that come up towards the end as we go but for now they're pretty easy and should be topics that any Fate fan can come up with an answer to with a bit of thought.

As it's currently the 6th I'll play catch up today and do the first 6 at once, though I won't spend much time on each of them. Instead see this link for my justification on the first 7 choices (even though the 7th isn't up yet). I'll probably write a bit about each of my choices from here on in though.

Dec 01: Favourite Saber class servant.

Spoiler

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus.

Image result

Dec 02: Favourite Archer class servant.

Spoiler

Arjuna Pandava.

Image result for arjuna fate

Dec 03: Favourite Lancer class servant.

Spoiler

Scathach.

Image result for scathach fate

Dec 04: Favourite Rider class servant.

Spoiler

Achilles (there really isn't any good artwork of this guy).

Image result for achilles fate apocrypha

Dec 05: Favourite Caster class servant.

Spoiler

Cu Chulainn (what, you thought he wouldn't be here just 'cause Scathach's my favourite Lancer?)

Image result

Dec 06: Favourite Assassin class servant:

Spoiler

Semiramis.

Image result

December 1: Fave Saber =

Spoiler

Lancelot cause Deadbeat dad is deadbeat

December 2: Fave Archer =

Spoiler

Arash mainly cause he grew on me through the entire story of f/go and strange fake but of course when you shoot a meteor which although kills you is still pretty cool

December 3: Fave Lancer =

Spoiler

Its a close one between Karna or Enkidu but overall i prefer Karna due to the fact that he was more of a father figure in CCC extra and the fact that he fought vlad who was at his maximum power in Europe evenly and could damage Seigfried too albeit minimally. He also still cares for his baby brother eventhough he tries to kill him just like ragna .... he even looks like ragna ..... huh

December 4: Fave Rider=

Spoiler

Medusa ... despite fanservice ... shes actually has kind of a sad backstory which draws you towards the character and the fact that she really cares for people she's closest too is a good point too of course.

December 5: Fave Caster =

Spoiler

Tamamo no Mae cause i picked her in Extra and she kinda grew on me enough to actually like the character 

December 6: Fave Sin =

Spoiler

SHIKI ..... wouldve been but she's technically not a  servant and tohno/nanaya is non-existant yet  so the next best thing would be Sasaki Koujiro.... why?. well when you become a servant because you wanted to cut a swallow flying in the sky but ended up refracting dimensions as a result of tenacity to achieve that goal its pretty great and the fact that he was formed because it was a rumor.. also shows that persona 2 was right about rumors being powerful . I mean he also entered a race with the entire temple gate strapped on to the back of a truck and proposed to it but thats another story for another time

Edited by Caradius

Edit: So I have NO clue wtf happened to my post but it's all kinda fucked up and I have no clue how to fix it if any auth'd be so kind? New forum 2confusing4me

Ayy you used my thread as link c:

Saber

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nero fate

The Umu Empress of my Heart, the picture text says it all. And as past me said:

"Favorite in general is Miss Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus for the sheer reason of her incredible cuteness, her personality and of course: her singing. By that she also is my favorite Saber. "

Archer

latest?cb=20150926054938

Orion aka Favorite Goddess, she has a bear, she has boobs and is adorable.

Lancer

It's a tie between

And

latest?cb=20160203163859

Brynhildr cause of her mythos and overall amazing look

Rider

This time it's a three-way tie between

And

latest?cb=20151105191742

She's got a ship, she's a pirate, she's got big guns, and her weapons look nice too

And lastly

Stage4

He's Egyptian, I like Egypt, Match made in heaven.

Caster

latest?cb=20151021191259

Tamamo-no-Bae

She got class, she got cute ears, she's cute recurring trend in here

Assassin

Aaaaaaand another three-way tie there are too many Servants that I like OTL

latest?cb=20160725145718

I like her design way too much

latest?cb=20161022042522

Egyptian, cool hair, has snaek, nice.

Berserker

Tie again shocker

latest?cb=20150813012303

S tier Waifu with just a slight yandere

Note to self: Don't do posts like this when Chrome's being a bitch, it took me 2 damn hours to make this

latest?cb=20150813032634

BULL MAN!

latest?cb=20151216015841

Murder. Loli. She's fucking adorable and she can stab things, perfect!

latest?cb=20151216015703

She's a Santa, she's hot, she's got a sleigh which she NP'd to the moon. ITS SALTER!

latest?cb=20160808081749

Elizabeth Bathory for personality, cuteness and she's the perfect singing partner for Nero.

Edited by Wendel
Halp me

well my won't be fancy but here we go.

December 1 Favorite Saber

Spoiler

Nero number one favorite servant of all and well best girl.

December 2 Favorite Archer

Spoiler

Gilgamesh i really don't need to tell y'all again

December 3 Favorite Lancer

Spoiler

Cu  Chulainn i really am not a fan of the lancer class to much but Cu is just great  there's a reason i use him in Grand Order

December 4 Favorite Rider

Spoiler

Iskander the on and only

December 5 Favorite Caster

Spoiler

Tamamo or tamomo as i like to call her shes jsut a very fun servant.

December 6 Favorite Assassin

Spoiler

Dr.Jackal/Mr.Hyde well mainly Jackal cause Hyde is a berserker but you can't have one with out the other. i just love this servant and he actually quite a powerful one at that.

December 7 Favorite Berserker

Spoiler

Sakata Kintoki bet y'all thought i would put Hyde here but i already used him. but Kintoki has been my main berserker in grand order and he has grown on me so much.

Wendel I'll take a look at fixing your post later. For now I'm dead beat tired.

Dec 08: Favourite Fate/Stay Night route.

Image result

Probably because

Spoiler

Despite the saddening lack of Lancer in this route, it's the only one in which Shirou actually acts selfishly and starts to fight for what he wants, rather than the ideal of becoming a hero of justice. Also the amount of understanding about how the entire system works that this route gives you is astonishing.

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

Wendel I'll take a look at fixing your post later. For now I'm dead beat tired.

Thanks a bunch Sheep \o

Dec 8:

So I haven't seen/read/stuff Heaven's Feel yet so I can't judge that. As such I'd have to go Unlimited Bladeworks just cause Shirou doesn't do a whole lot in it, it's more Rin and Saber who I like a lot more than Shirou 

Dec 09: Favourite Fate/Hollow Ataraxia character.

I'm going to limit myself to choosing between the characters that were really focused on and expanded in HA, rather than characters that were already primary characters in F/SN. With that in mind my favourite HA character is undoubtedly Leysritt. She's (in my opinion) the best done comedic character in that game, even more so than Taiga, and all of her appearances on screen make me laugh. She's the deadpan emotionless counterpart to Sella's straight-man and she does it extremely well.

Image result for fate stay night leysritt

And now for something you should have a bit more experience with, I'm sure.

Dec 10: Favourite Fate/Zero character.

Kariya Matou. Fate/Zero was my first experience of the Fate/ franchise, so I went into it completely blind, with no idea who any of the characters were. As I watched it for the first time, the master I found myself naturally gravitating towards, and personally hoping would win was Kariya. Even now that I'm much more experienced and he is no longer my favourite Fate character, I still have a lot of lingering affection for his tragic story.

Image result for kariya matou fanart

Dec 11: Favourite Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya character.

This show is one of my weaker points in Type-Moon content, I've seen the first couple of seasons but that's about it. From what I've seen though my favourite character is undoubtedly Bazett, as her fight scene against basically the entire rest of the cast was pretty badass.

Image result

December 11 Favorite Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya character.

well this one is tricky for me since well its Iliya you know being happy which is great but my favorite will have to be Kid Gil since this is the first i saw him in and he was very different from his usual self so yeah sorry Iliya.

Dec 12: Favourite Fate/Apocrypha character:

Jeanne d'Arc. Despite the fact that Semiramis and Achilles feature in my favourite servants of each class Jeanne is actually my favourite Apocrypha character. I really like her "never hold a grudge" personality and her design is the perfect blend of strength and purity. In lore revelations is a very powerful skill, and all in all I think if I were to ever actually summon a servant, Jeanne is the servant I would entrust my future to. She was also my first 5* servant in F/GO, and is currently at NP2 and still carrying my team.

Image result for jeanne d'arc fate

Alright, time to do some catchup.

Dec 13: Favourite Fate/Strange Fake character.

Spoiler

Assassin, otherwise known as No Name Assassin, Beautiful Assassin, or just Zealot. She's a really cool assassin class servant who was once a candidate to become one of the Hassans, but was passed over in favour of Hundred Faced Hassan (seen in Fate/Zero). She's a natural genius who, in preparation for the naming of the next Hassan, mastered the Zabinayas of each of the 18 predecessors. That means as a servant she is able to use 18 out of the 19 different Zabinayas, including Cursed Arm Hassan's heart gouging Zabinaya, and even (I'd imagine) King Hassan's ability to kill the opponent's very concept. As they are all achieved through her own effort, some of these techniques are less powerful than the originals, while she has managed to take others past the point that their original master could. All in all a fantastic idea for a servant, and a very powerful assassin to be sure. I'm low key keen for her in Grand Order.

Image result for fate strange fake assassin

Dec 14: Favourite Fate/ spinoff.

Spoiler

Carnival Phantasm. Technically this is more of a Type Moon spinoff than anything but because it has Fate in it I'll allow it. The show itself is too damn funny, not much else to say besides that. Well worth a watch from any fan of Fate/Stay Night.

Image result for carnival phantasm

Dec 15: Favourite Fate/Stay Night girl.

Spoiler

Sakura Matou. I dunno what it is specifically that I like about Sakura but I always end up feeling sorry for her in the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works routes because she gets shafted to one side in favour of other heroines after already spending over a year looking after Shirou. Ultimately she has a whole host of issues to work through in Heaven's Feel which I won't go into here, but it's well worth all of the effort and persistence that Shirou puts in for the ending that is achieved. She's just a really nice person who has some horrible things happen to her, and I don't understand why the majority of the fan base hates her guts.

Image result for Sakura matou

Dec 16: Favourite Fate/Stay Night boy:

Spoiler

Lancer. Isn't that smirk enough? Or the Shinji punch? Nah in all seriousness though this fellow is just an all 'round amazing servant with great stats, skills, a broken noble phantasm, and the most brolike personality of anyone in Fate/Stay Night, and perhaps even the entirety of Type Moon. Every time this guy shows up on screen he steals the show, be it fighting Gilgamesh for a full day, coming to the aid of Shirou and Rin when they need it most, and both completely trashing Archer and point blank refusing to follow Kirei's orders in the process, or **Heaven's Feel spoilers**

Spoiler

successfully fighting against the Angra Mainyu Grail Monster for a time before getting cheap shotted by Assassin from the shadows. Even then the grail monster deemed itself not powerful enough to corrupt Lancer at that point (having only absorbed Caster up until then) and absorbed him rather than attempting to enslave him. Well, at least that's my interpretation of events.

His character is awesome, his mythos is awesome, and honestly if I chose anyone else for this one you'd probably be wondering who this impostor on my account is.

Image result

well i forgot this for a bit time fore my catchup.

December 12 Favorite Fate/Apocrypha character

Shakespeare well its William Shakespeare as a servant and thats just awesome to me. he's also like one of the weakest servants in Fate but he's just fun.

December 13 Favorite Fate/Strange Fake character

well this is tricky there's alot of fun characters  in Strange Fake but i will have to go with the only Saber in it who is Richard the Lionheart he's basically the Nero to Male Arthur and his NP is Excalibur well technically any thing in his hand is because he says it is. He also a very powerful servant who fought a first ancestor along with Saldin and a Hassan well he was alive.

December 14 Favorite Fate/ spinoff

hmm..i guess it would be Extra since its really the only thing i have ever really done involving Fate other then the animes, and Nero comes from it so win.

December 15 Favorite Fate/Stay Night girl

Well since i haven't used her yet its Iliya...not really much to say i just like her she's always amusing oh and she dies eventually no matter the route so that's sad....

December 16 Favorite Fate/Stay Night boy

hmmm........this one's hard if any it would be Cu for me as well he's just a great character even if you don't see to much of him.

6 hours ago, rustytengo said:

December 15 Favorite Fate/Stay Night girl

Well since i haven't used her yet its Iliya...not really much to say i just like her she's always amusing oh and she dies eventually no matter the route so that's sad....

No, she survives in the Fate route iirc. Also, there's nothing saying you can't use a character more than once.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

No, she survives in the Fate route iirc. Also, there's nothing saying you can't use a character more than once.

She supposedly dies like a year or so later after the end of the route  and I picked her cause she is one of my favorites.

Dec 13: Favorite Fate/Strange Fake character

L45wutV.jpg?1

Basically I've never seen/read/whatever anything of Strange Fake other than on the typemoon wiki thing and she's the only one memorable for me due to her origin I mean she's the daughter of Ares and an Amazonian and looks.

Dec 14: Favorite Spin off

fate-extra.jpg

I mean, duh. umu.

Dec 15: Fate/Stay Night grill

Rin-Tohsaka-fate-stay-night-heroes-16678540-1024-576.jpg

Duh 2.0. Rin be great \o/

Dec 16: Fate/Stay Night boi

latest?cb=20160803170533

Hue not really :P

orig_438063.jpg

I heard you liked swords, have some swords. And a cocky asshole attitude that actually made him a fun antagonist to watch

Dec 17: Favourite Mahoutsukai no Yoru character.

For obvious reasons (THERE'S NO DAMN ENGLISH TRANSLATION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) I haven't read Mahoutsukai no Yoru, though if there was a translation you can bet I would have. It sounds pretty cool and features some characters that I've always been interested in learning more about. There are a couple of characters in it that I have met in other works though so I can draw on my experience of them there to pick a favourite. With that in mind I'm going to go with Aozaki Touko because she's one of my favourite characters from Kara no Kyoukai. She's younger here than she is in KnK, and I'm sure that affects her personality to make her a very different character to the one that I know, but I'm sure she's still awesome.

Image result for mahoutsukai no yoru aozaki touko