http://image.prntscr.com/image/582b2eccb2e24b16a3bb277a1c5da08c.png

Thanks for the Elf artwork @Bazaro

Grab a mug of some cocoa, throw on a scarf, and cuddle up with a poro, Winter is coming. And with it, so is our annual Winter Party Extravaganza ft. a brand spanking new site. As per tradition, the party will feature a variety of events hosted on our Showdown server, and the Discord will be open for users to chat via text or voice. Let’s break it down, folks. Hopefully no details were lost during the Glorious Pyukumuku Site Invasion.

Huh? [When]

Excellent question, the party will occur on Saturday, December 17th. Hopefully everyone can manage a break from work or school in order to party with us.

But I didn’t ask anything... [What time]

Well said! The party will begin at 12:00 PM EST and end whenever enough people have passed out from eggnog. Previously, parties had begun at 5:00 PM EST, which favored users in North America; this year, we’re scrapping that and planning another five hours. This is to accommodate for the global user base we have.

Stop putting words in my mouth >:l [Party events]

I agree! After all, an amazing party needs excellent events so that it’s worth attending. Listed below are all the planned events that will occur. If you have any suggestions or would like to host an event of your own, please leave a reply or send me a message and we’ll set that up! Like previous holiday parties, this one will see the return of popular events, such as Queen’s Game and King’s Game. The schedule provided below is an estimated time window during which events will be hosted. Note that these are subject to change, or whatever it is they say.

Theme Tournament

We're having another snowball fight, and this time with 100% less Delibird. With the generation having rolled around and the meta being absolutely insane, we fit right in. The tournament tier will be Gen 7 OU (NOT Pokebank) and teams must fulfill the following requirements:

- Pokemon's types must be at least Fire, Water, Grass, or Ice- that is, Pokemon must be of that type throughout the course of the battle.

- Pokemon may be dual-type Fire, Water, Grass, or Ice.

- I'm not gonna make it anymore complicated. That's all.

Note that there are two tournaments: one earlier in the party and one later on. Both tournament winners are winner, but a SuperWinner could be a thing if the two want to duke it out. Go nuts, compadres.

Dubtrack (live DJ hosts)

During the party, users may listen in to the Reborn Evo Dubtrack station for music. Feel free to suggest a song of your own and it will enter the queue. Ideally, the Dubtrack station may provide music for the duration of the entire party- we will be playing music from DJ-created playlists and user submissions.

Queen’s Game

The “truth” part of “Truth or Dare”. Users will ask each other questions and must reply honestly. Sound boring? Somehow, it isn’t. Note that in Queen’s Game, users are permitted to ask questions that may infringe upon R7. If you are at all uncertain of the boundaries, please ask a member of the Staff or the host of the game. We operate by the Vegas Rule: what happens in Queen’s Game stays in Queen’s Game.

King’s Game

The “dare” part of “Truth or Dare”. Want to dare Ame to act out that one scene from Titanic? We could arrange that in King’s Game. Note that in King’s Game, users are permitted to ask questions that may infringe upon R7. If you are at all uncertain of the boundaries, please ask a member of the Staff or the host of the game. We operate by the Vegas Rule: what happens in King’s Game stays in King’s Game.

Story Time

Everyone likes a good story. But we prefer great stories, so if you have one to share, join in during Story Time and tell everyone your story! Horror, humor, love, fictitious, based on a true story, derp, whatever you have to serve, we take those.

Rebornies Voting

The Rebornies are a relatively new creation; they are noteworthy users or works from users that we would like to take the time to appreciate. If a non-Staff user has been helpful on the forums or server, take a moment to leave a nomination for them below. In this thread (or what would be a thread after the migration), post your nominations for Rebornies. Here are the nominations we have:

Forum MVP: A user on the forums who has made a noteworthy positive impact on the community.

Server MVP:  A user who frequents the server and has made a noteworthy positive impact on the community.

T3RR4 4W4RD (4UM): Shitpost extraordinaire on the forum side of things.

T3RR4 4W4RD (53RV3R): Shit..message? extraordinaire on the server (Showdown or Discord) side of things.

Best Fangame:

Spoiler

Pokemon Desolation

Pokemon Rejuvenation

Pokemon Spork

Pokemon Xenogene ('s trailer and OST and art)

RBDX

Reborn Royalty Voting

Cast your ballots for the next king, queen, and court jester- here, we will compile a list of applicants for positions of Reborn Royalty. Anyone may be suggested as an applicant for Polar Monarch, Snow Queen, and Jack Frost. However, if someone wins the nomination for one position, they cannot accept another position.

Polar Monarch:

Snow Queen:

Jack Frost:

Smash Tournament

Please view Godot's thread all about the tournament!

I don’t have to put up with this. [Schedule]

Yeah, I’ve wondered that myself. Thankfully, we made a schedule of all the planned events that will occur at the party. For every cell in which there is text, the event is planned to occur. According to this schedule, the party will end at 12:00AM EST Sunday morning, however that hinges upon how long users would like to stay up for the party.

1fc317d6e7b045c2861bc9946cb5b0ae.pngLarger version.

I hope we may get as many users as possible to attend! Happy holidays! Go grab a hat!

Edited by Arkhi
Schedule and nominations updated!
  • Upvote 8

haha first
glad the theme tournament seems more organized opposed to the summer party, but still bummed how it's not like a certain pool of pokemon you can use, still pretty rad though
also quick question: who's hosting king's game this time around? thx c:
[EDIT]
I might as well do my nominations..

Forum MVP: Njab, he's cool i guess, uhhhhhhh Jericho is also cool he deserves a lot
Server MVP: Ama, Inno, Roxie/Shadow Roxas
T3RR4 Forum: Jelly, Pyrrhon
T3RR4 Server: Pyrrhon, Rupe, Jelly, Skeleton
Best Fangame: RBDX and Pokemon Spork

Polar Monarch: Inno again (is this allowed he's pretty much overqualified for this position...)
Snow Queen: Shadow Roxas/Roxie (so beautiful...)
Jack Frost: Cyrus (wow queen...)

I'll get around to other stuff soon

Edited by Pocky
i accidentally removed spork LOL

Nominations~

(I might fill more out tomorrow if I get to it)

Forum MVP:
Njab

Server MVP:
Azery
Lost
Ama

T3RR4 (4UM):
Jelly (bless mad lemon)

T3RR4 (53RV3R):
Jelly (again I guess)
Skelly

Best Fangame (assuming that Rejuvenation isn't allowed to be nominated?):
Desolation

idk about Royalty rn

Also, no Member Trivia/Aces in the Hole this time? :c

20 minutes ago, Pocky said:

haha first
glad the theme tournament seems more organized opposed to the summer party, but still bummed how it's not like a certain pool of pokemon you can use, still pretty rad though
also quick question: who's hosting king's game this time around? thx c:

If all goes according to plan, we'll see hosting from Kaito and Dan for Queen's Game and King's Game respectively.

Hey, folks.

I'll be stepping up once again to help with Rebornies voting and Reborn Royalty. Rules on voting for Rebornies are being amended as we speak~

Current Rules (Rebornies)

Spoiler
  • Nominations for each Rebornie may be posted in this thread, or through a direct message sent to me either on this forum or through Discord. No nominations will be accepted through Showdown, as they will not be logged.
  • Members may find themselves nominated for more than one category, but they can not win in more than one. If a given community member places highest in voting for more than one category, then they will be awarded in the category in which they received the higher percentage of total votes.
  • Moderators and Administrators who have held their administrative position since September 1st, 2016 are ineligible to be nominated for or win awards. Thus, Njab is still eligible for nomination.

Current Rules (Reborn Royalty)

Spoiler
  • Nominations for each position may be posted in this thread, or through a direct message sent to me either on this forum or through Discord. No nominations will be accepted through Showdown, as they will not be logged for review when the time comes.
  • Any forum user, including staff, may be nominated for Jack Frost, Snow Queen, and Polar Monarch. While anyone can be nominated for any position of royalty, it is encouraged that any nominations for a given forum-goer are kept to the position representative of their gender.
    • For example, while you could nominate Amethyst for Jack Frost if you really wanted, I would rather you nominate Ame for Snow Queen. This is to even out competition and make sure we don't have the whole forum vying for Snow Queen like we have a few times. In the event that such a member is nominated for more than one position, they will appear on the ballot representative of their gender as it is set on the forum, unless they are not set to "Not Telling" or if they do not have a Forum Account. (This means that people who regular the Showdown or Discord servers may still be nominated.)
    • A forum member may not nominate themselves.
  • Nominations will be collected via a separate forum thread, and voting will begin at a to-be-determined time. In order to win Reborn Royalty, you must be online on Showdown or Discord. (All festivities are on Showdown, bee tee dubs.)
  • Voting will be counted by myself and our handy dandy Gossip Gardevoir (assuming she can make it, we hope so since we love her) after voting has finished. Announcements for Reborn Royalty will be made as soon as votes are finished).
  • Fanfic writing is optional.

I will not be running the Smash tournament this year. Godot has agreed to take the reins this time.

I nominate Magnezone for everything

Praise our lord and saviour 

I also nominate Vinny and Ody for something because they're the only  others I know who are not zumi and who believe in coffee like I do.

[I'll do something more serious later...maybe]

Still vote Magnezone

11 minutes ago, TheScarletSword said:

Wait, will all of this be hosted on both Showdown or Discord, or are certain events going to be hosted on certain platforms? (i.e Kings Game on Showdown, Queens Game on Discord)

The planned events will all be centered around the Showdown server, as it has the battle environment for the Pokemon Tournament. Discord serves as a hub of communication for people during the party, if they'd like another outlet through which to converse through text or voice.

Wow, thanks Sparks! That's super kind of you to nom me despite me not hardly ever being around anymore </3 I'll give some noms at some point when I don't have to wake up at 5:50 the next morning 

You know what, I gotta give some nominations to some friends. Some of them already got nominated, luckily.

Spoiler

T3RR4 4W4RD (53RV3R) goes to Pocky

Snow Queen goes to Shadow Roxas

Might add more later on, though. Also, thanks for the nomination, Pocky. You too, Sparky.

I'll add more to this later on when I'm not busy. 

Spoiler

Snow Queen - aaaaaa idk TheScarletSword (i talked to him hes chill ahahaha about this)
Polar Monarch - my nom was taken but it'd be inno ffs
Jack Frost - Cyrus

Best Fangame - RBDX bois Scarlet did some hella good work on this shit
Server MVP - Mr. Mojo Roo yes this is a serious post i see you raising your gawt dang eyebrows
Forum MVP - fuckin idk pocky

• Upvote 2

Here is edited version as not to repeat nominations

Forum MVP: ICSW
Server MVP: Caradius  
T3RR4 Forum: Ame for her meeting recaps Let's go with Inuki
T3RR4 Server: Pocky  

Best Fangame: Haven't gotten a chance to play any of the new ones so no nomination here

Polar Monarch: Kuro
Snow Queen: I'm gonna go with Zumi 
Jack Frost: Tacos

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure in the OP it should be Pyrrhon's name instead of mine in the T3RR4 4UM nomination :P

Forum MVP: @Njab

Server MVP: Hard choice! I nominate both ~~Smellzery~~ @Azeria and @Caradius

T3RR4 4UM: Probably @Pocky

T3RR4  53RV3R : Why no one still hasn't nominated Bibs @I.M. Meeb ? And @TheDW66 ofc!

For Polar Monarch, Snow Queen and Jack Frost I nominate for all of them the one and only god @Wendel \o/

Edited by pyrromanis

8 hours ago, Viridescent 2.0 said:

I also nominate Vinny and Ody for something because they're the only  others I know who are not zumi and who believe in coffee like I do.

Rude.

I shall nominate for royalty

Jack Frost: Dark Tsundere

Snow Queen: Freddy Mercury Zumi

Bipolar Monarch: Vinny

How does one nominate Pyrrhon (et. FIRE) for SNOW royalty?