Forum Update Poll

Gyaradoskiller

How do you guys feel about the new update?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How do you guys feel about the new update?

• It's awesome!
    • It's good.
    • It's meh.
    • It's not very good.
    • It's awful!

There's a few things I don't like, but I can always setup custom rules to make it the way I want. I very much appreciate the AJAX loading of notifications, desktop notifications, and the responsive theme, so it loads better on phones.

Still a few bugs here and there, but those will be fixed soon enough. Overall, I like it.

I like the design a lot. The whole arrangement is aesthetically pleasing and logical.

I do have, however, two gripes.

Firstly, the sight doesn't remember me like the old one. I've chosen to have it remember me, but I get logged out whenever I exit a window.

Also, and this isn't really that important, I really miss my 28 points of rep...

On the whole, I like the update though.

Why so few upvotes?! I need to support more people!!

Edited by Strider
Thought of something else.

^ rip rep

but tbh I like the design a lot (especially the banner and how the code moves), and once I figure out how to use things here, I think I'll prefer these to the old forums

especially like the functionality of status posts and being able to tag users. rip rep limits though, and since statuses can be upvoted, I'll probably be hitting the limit often

I'm liking it more the more I get used to it. I was a bit disoriented at first, but overall the site looks very clean and orderly now.

There's only a small handful of things that come to my mind right now that bug me. I'd rather be able to load responses to status updates on the index page, instead of being redirected to the person's profile. Being able to post double statuses seems like it could become a bit of a problem (as in, having multiple status updates visible on the forum index at the same time). And a tiny thing, but I still wish that it'd be possible to just not select anything for the gender option and have the info on your forum posts adjusted accordingly. I know it's possible to leave gender blank, but you'd still have "Gender:" below your avi, and if you're the type who just doesn't want to tell, then it'd look neater to just not have anything show up at all there.

...But those are small things. I like the update a lot. The notifications seem like they'll really come in handy, even though I'll be easing into them slowly and disabled most of them for now. Having a username ping & being notified when someone quoted you is very nice.
While it sounds a bit awkward after being used to having a friends list, I rather like the followers system, since it doesn't force being mutual.

And while I know this one is just a "we couldn't keep it" change, I'm predictably happy about the removal of the rupee system. I never liked that one, especially when functions like name changes were locked behind it.

The forum is great, in all but a few aspects. 

The first being that the way this forum shows updates in threads you've posted in previously is inferior to the way the previous forum showed it.

And the second being that you can't see a list of your posts that have gotten reputation. 

The first one is the major fault, which drags the whole forum experience down for me, and nearly prevents me from using this forum. 

4 hours ago, Tartar said:

And the second being that you can't see a list of your posts that have gotten reputation. 

Except you can.  Your reputation history in your profile even neatly divides it into categories such as status updates, status replies, posts, etc.

Also if you'd be kind enough to explain what it is that is so inferior about it, it would make it a lot easier for us to possibly make improvements upon it.  

I like almost everything. I don't mind the rep due of good deal of them were kind of farming/got them free and when Vinny were rep everyone, so me and the community until the limit thing.

I feel it's too dark to see around as it's literally black everywhere. Other than that, it's better than before. Notification is godlikely better.

5 hours ago, Tacos said:

Except you can.  Your reputation history in your profile even neatly divides it into categories such as status updates, status replies, posts, etc.

Also if you'd be kind enough to explain what it is that is so inferior about it, it would make it a lot easier for us to possibly make improvements upon it.  

1) That's great, though I haven't been able to find it. Could you perhaps tell me how I can access this wonderful page? 

2) My main gripe with the activity feed of these new forums is that it shows the whole newest post in the threads you're posted, instead of just showing the threads that have new posts for me read. This makes it so that I am forced to look through a larger list of updates to the threads I follow, instead of just glancing through the list to get an overview which I did previously. Therefore looking for updates on Reborn is for me now a larger time commitment which I find inferior to the previous (which I admit, was a more simple and in many ways worse system). 

1 hour ago, NickCrash said:

It is right below your Rep Count. 

However it still has the rep listed from before we moved over to this site, so why did we lose all the rep we had? 

Okay, this is crossing the line into the absurd.

I can't find it.... Can you please post a screenshot, or anything to show where exactly I need to click? 

12 minutes ago, Jelly said:

aight so the movile site is probably 100x better than the old one

Amen to that. You can actually do shit on the new "mobile" site. As far as I've explored, everything that can be done on the desktop version can be done on the mobile version... which makes sense because it's the exact same site, because the whole thing is responsive, but still... the new mobile site is much much better.