Changes in new site mechanics?

Noir

This is a thread that, per the approval of Ame, seeks to pool in the changes that have occurred to the forum.

Current discovered changes are listed in the spoiler below, but I'd need help to discover more things.

Display name is now your login name and login names are removed.

The amount of rep you can give a day for non-Aces has been reduced to 4.

A little A symbol in the post toolbar with a dropdown color menu is now the new way of inserting colored font. ( [ color=#hexcode ][ /color ] without spacing as alternative)

Rep can now be given to statuses.

Friend system has been replaced with follow system.

Banners have been implemented.

I hope the community can help pool and provide the notable changes that have occurred to the forum for future clarity!

Edited by Noir

Obvious changes that would be hard to miss (and really don't need to be stated, tbh, but w/e):

- New forums/subforums! (Bug Reporting now has Online Errors, Fatal Errors, and Battle Errors; Online Play is a new Pokemon Reborn subforum; The Samaritan's Speakeasy is a new Etcetera subforum; Trainer's Journal is now called General Discussion; Community Announcements and Redemption League subforums are now gone)

- Q&A system implemented in On the Hunt and Site Inquiries

- List of field effects is gone (as Ame said would happen), since it's replaced by a new feature in the game

- More options in textbox (e.g. just press quote button or spoiler button instead of having to use brackets)

- Notifications pop up instead of just waiting for you to press Notifications to see all of them

- Recent posts and Birthdays return on the right side of the forums (think Birthdays are listed in alphabetical order?)

- Creating or commenting to statuses gives you a textbox, so you now have all the functionality you would as if you were posting something (quoting, spoiler-ing, bolding, etc.)

- Usernames are colorcoded (Yellow = Ace, Orange = Supporters, Green = Developers, Blue = Staff, Red = Global Mods, Purple = Admins)

- You can remove upvotes

Less obvious features:

- You can now select directly the text in a post that you want to quote

- idk if this was the case before, but aces' rep limit is 10 per day

- I don't think Aces can lock/unlock their own topics anymore? When I tried to unlock one of mine, all I could do was choose to delete it or not

- You can link a member in your status/post by using an @, like this: @Fumble

- Minimum limit in searching is removed (you can now search words that are less than 4 letters or use numbers/special characters)

- You can put a reason for editing a post (I don't remember Aces and below being able to do that before)

- To gain Ace, you have to have 1000 Exp, be registered for a year, and submit an application to the Samaritan's Speakeasy (Exp awarded for good deeds, answering questions, earning rep, etc.)

- You can change your display name once per month in Account Settings if your account is 3 months and older

- You can change your title in Edit Profile

- You don't seem to be able to change/remove your vote from polls, which kinda sucks, because you can't update your vote if a poll has been updated :c

Minor features:

- You can set your birthyear on your profile all the way to 1866/67 if you wanted (so max age is 150 rather than 100)

EDITS:

- IT'S SNOWING

- Leaderboard was a thing and then it got taken down zzz

Something that I found and I don't know if it's new or not (or even a bug because of my absence) is that if I try to edit my signature even if I remove most of the pictures I have it still says that I have many pictures

Are they prohibited in general?

6 hours ago, Chubb said:

- I don't think Aces can lock/unlock their own topics anymore? When I tried to unlock one of mine, all I could do was choose to delete it or not

Oh joy

In other news, you can have multiple statuses on the bar at once and replying to statuses takes you to the person's profile now. Gonna miss mass-replying to the status bar sometimes :P

EDIT: Also avatars are always tiny squares now

And I can't capitalize anything in tags... #angar

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble accessing the Field Effects page, because whenever I try to I'm greeted with a 404 error. Is there an error on my side or is this just a dead link? http://rebornevo.com//game/fields.html.

Note: I am aware that I can just go back to the Jasper Ward mansion but I just thought it was important to point this out. Plus I'm too lazy and can't go there anyways cause of plot :/

1 hour ago, StormRyder said:

I'm having trouble accessing the Field Effects page, because whenever I try to I'm greeted with a 404 error. Is there an error on my side or is this just a dead link? http://rebornevo.com//game/fields.html.

Note: I am aware that I can just go back to the Jasper Ward mansion but I just thought it was important to point this out. Plus I'm too lazy and can't go there anyways cause of plot :/

I do believe that the field effect page was removed from the site as encouragement for people to explore and fill up the Field Effect section of their pokegear. If you do have a previous version of the game then you can still use the field effect guide on that in conjunction with the field changes in the readme of E16. Info on the newly added fields can be found on various forum posts somewhere on the site.

Of course, its always possible the field effect page not loading could just be an error, but until then, the above method should be enough to get by.

19 hours ago, Swampellow said:

I do believe that the field effect page was removed from the site as encouragement for people to explore and fill up the Field Effect section of their pokegear.

I've heard about this new section in the pokegear, and I even remember collecting some of the guides. Problem is, I don't know how to get to this thing. This is all I see in my pokegear lhniF8.jpg

If it helps, I've only just beaten Samson