Episode 16 Community Release

Amethyst

• Administrators

Patience is a virtue. And it pays off. 

It has been a very long road, so I do not wish to keep you here long. But before we get to the fun stuff, let's chat. 

It's been a year and a half since our last release, and many of you were not even around back then. Firstly, it means so much to me that many of you love this game so much not only to stick around here all that time, but to keep spreading it a long. It makes my day-- but not just my day. Probably my whole life. Thank you all for being a part of this.

That said, especially for those of you who have not been around before, we should be clear on some things:

• :xmark: - Firstly, the community release is not considered a stable release. We spent a while on beta, yes but sometimes fixes break other things. You play this at your own risk. If you're not down for that-- it's totally okay. The public release will be available for everyone in another week or so... whenever I'm confident we've sorted out the fatal bugs.
  • :xmark: - Secondly, there is a spoiler lock in effect for this release from today until January! If that seems like a long time, it's because it will cover both the Community and Public releases.
    • This means, please keep discussion of the new episode in topics and channels specifically marked for it!
      • Please be especially careful with your statuses and topic titles, as many people will see those whether they want to or not!
      • Let's pretend Ciel is E16's leader for a moment. So with topic titles, instead of posting a topic called "Help beating Ciel!" instead post one titled "Help beating E16's leader!" That kind of thing. 
  • :redx: - If you're the kind of player who digs through the game code to see all the new stuff-- that's okay, but please do not post your findings from that! Many players enjoy working together to explore new content together and if someone exposes it all from the back end, it can take that experience away from a lot of players. Don't be the guy who leaks the Sun/Moon dex!

Here are some critical points for E16 in particular!

• :redx: - Before updating to E16, please make sure that you are NOT using menu frames 27 or 28. Switch to a different frame number and save before loading in E16!
  • :check: - In order to begin the episode, you will need to return to the Circus Data Room (where Ciel is), and then leave the room again.

Okay, had enough yet? Not hardly! Below is the list of notable changes (Field Effect changes will be in the Readme)!

Spoiler

• Attack animations are in the progress of being redone. Current progress: ~60%
  • Music files have been recompressed to reduce file size
  • A Text-Skip feature has been implemented. Hold X to skip past text. 
  • An internal master volume control has been added to the options menu 
  • A PULSE profile app has been added to the Pokegear. It will be enabled on existing playthroughs by beginning E16 content. Items on the overworld can be collected to install content to it.
  • A Field Effect viewer app has been added to the Pokegear. It will be enabled on existing playthroughs by beginning E16 content. Items on the overworld can be collected to install content to it.
  • An option to control how many back-ups are saved at once has been added to the options menu. This will only affect save files created in E16, so any E15 back ups will need to be deleted manually if desired.
  • Gym Leaders will now always save their Ace Pokemon for last.
  • Hyperspace Fury added.
  • Fairy type added to Pokedex search
  • Many moves, items and abilities have been debugged
  • Fairy Gem added    
  • All Mega shinies have been customized, completing the shiny sprite project. 
  • All Menu/Speech frames have customized
  • All PC Boxes have been customized
  • A new item has been implemented. The Amplifield Rock increases the duration of "Room" moves, Gravity, and user-created Field Effects.
  • Tweaked AI decision-making
  • The weather system has been redone to be faster, more stable, and vary based on in-game region. It now operates on a 5 day cycle and does not depend on the Opal Ward.
  • Added relationship variables, altered throughout the game.
  • Re-battleable trainers now appear before the first badge instead of after the third gym.
  • Removed the choosing-different-move disobedience effect, previously glitched and no longer in main series.
  • Strong Winds no longer incorrectly prevents weather changes on its own
  • Undiscovered Egg Group Pokemon now always have 3 perfect IVs
  • Double Battles now always launch as doubles regardless of if the player has only one Pokemon
  • Money Gain/Loss tweaked
  • Duplicated Pokemon (including natural Shedinja) no longer share moves with their originals
  • Items can now be used on Pokemon from the party screen
  • Critical Capture mechanic added
  • Full screen option added
  • Eggs in daycare should no longer inherit parents' current moves in favor of the moves they entered daycare with
  • Key items are no longer depositable. Item PC re-enabled.
  • Remaining Pokemon now display between knockouts when fighting a trainer.
  • A 3x speed Fast-forward mode has been added. Press Alt to toggle it on and off. 
  • Online functions have been added to the game. Access them from the Pokegear.
    • Trading
    • Wondertrade
    • Single and Double Battles
    • Random Matched and Friend Battles
    • All Field Effects supported
    • Please remember to NOT click outside of the window while the "Waiting..." message is displayed, otherwise the games can become stuck. 

Finally, I know many of you are already happily prancing off with your links right now, but if you have a moment while they're downloading, I have a little more to say about my personal side of things, and I will do so over here.

Thank you for staying with us through all this time, and please enjoy the episode!

edit:

:redx: Ame may have neglected to mention this, but
:check: please go over to the online information thread and give that a read before using the online features!
          ~ Marky Mark and the Codey Bunch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes👌👌✔✔This Is s👌me goOod shit 💯💯💯💯🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟excellent nice 👌job Ame and everyone else ✔✔👌🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟💯💯💯

ITEM PC BACK HYPE!

Seriously, super happy about that. Even if I only was that one person. xD

But wow, this is really great. I'm gonna wait for the public release still. (still stuck on Blake anyways -_-)

I just love how much the world can change throughout a playthrough. I still remember how different the city itself looked in EP 13.

And seeing how much you dedicate to this game is truly amazing and inspiring. Also...

WHATTHEHECKWERENTONLINEFUNCTIONSSUPPOSEDTOBEADDEDINEPSEVENTEENWHATARETHEYDOINGHEREALREADY?!1!!ß?

Yeah... nice. 👍🏻

I am seriously ultra hyped about the new episode coming out!! Unfortunately, I have no idea where to go atm, can anyone provide me a hint on where I should head to next?

EDIT: I think you need to go back to the Grand Hall after you exit Agate Circus?

Edited by Shpee
Update

Wow. Great! Can't wait to play it :). Thanks for all the hard work by everyone involved. I should go and train some first though, want to get some eeveelutions since i got dem eggz after ep. 15.