Amethyst

[E18] Un-stuck Me! The save file fixing thread

14 hours ago, Sparxx Inferni said:

Hi. Im coming back to the game after a bit of time(from ep. 12 save file), and I found myself stuck in the side of celestinine cascade near route 2.

Game.rxdata

There you go. I also enabled the pulse and field notes in your pokegear, which you would miss otherwise since you updated from E12 to E17. 

Game.rxdata

• Hi, I'm stuck at Blake's apartment cuz i cant find him there, even tho the lady says hes there

Game.rxdata

22 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:
  • Hi, I'm stuck at Blake's apartment cuz i cant find him there, even tho the lady says hes there

Game.rxdata

Here you are. Replace your file with this one. 

Game.rxdata

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but where is he supposed to be, he is still not in the apartment with the lady maybe im looking for him the wrong place?

Edit: Is there a specific way to copy it and what do I exactly do to make sure its in the right place

Edited by mrdynamo1211

17 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:

Sorry, but where is he supposed to be, he is still not in the apartment with the lady maybe im looking for him the wrong place?

Edit: Is there a specific way to copy it and what do I exactly do to make sure its in the right place

Download the file I've given you, then copy and paste it into the folder where you found your file in the first place. It should ask you if you want to replace the existing file, at which point you say yes. Make sure that the file is just Game.rxdata and you've removed any numbers that might have appeared after downloading it. Then when you load up the game you should be in Blake's apartment and he'll be there with Shelly. 

3 minutes ago, mde2001 said:

Download the file I've given you, then copy and paste it into the folder where you found your file in the first place. It should ask you if you want to replace the existing file, at which point you say yes. Make sure that the file is just Game.rxdata and you've removed any numbers that might have appeared after downloading it. Then when you load up the game you should be in Blake's apartment and he'll be there with Shelly. 

I just did that, and I end up in the same save slot which I gave to you, where there is no Blake but just an empty room with books, ;c

6 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:

I just did that, and I end up in the same save slot which I gave to you, where there is no Blake but just an empty room with books, ;c

Okay... that's really weird. I've redownloaded the file I sent you and its working fine on my end. I've also checked the in game variables and the way they are set Blake should be in the apartment, so I'm genuinely not sure why he wouldn't be appearing on your end. I don't think it will make a difference, but check to see if you're playing the latest version of the game, which you should be able to check from the screen that appears when you initially open the game- it will say rust thicker than water. 

If you are playing on the latest version or updating doesn't fix anything (which is likely) let me know and I'll try to have more of a think, but the fact that it isn't working currently is really odd to me.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mde2001 said:

Okay... that's really weird. I've redownloaded the file I sent you and its working fine on my end. I've also checked the in game variables and the way they are set Blake should be in the apartment, so I'm genuinely not sure why he wouldn't be appearing on your end. I don't think it will make a difference, but check to see if you're playing the latest version of the game, which you should be able to check from the screen that appears when you initially open the game.

If you are playing on the latest version or updating doesn't fix anything (which is likely) let me know and I'll try to have more of a think, but the fact that it isn't working currently is really odd to me.  

Well tbh i played this game like five months ago and got stuck here but i didnt find this troubleshooting site (didnt know about rebornevo just recently found out) and so i thought id do it now and it would work, anyways will anything change if you complete the story on your end and then send it to me can it work like that considering irdc i just wanna progress (btw im on chapter 17 which is deep under water or something)

Thanks for still helping me anyways!

Edited by mrdynamo1211

5 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:

Well tbh i played this game like five months ago and got stuck here but i didnt find this troubleshooting site (didnt know about rebornevo just recently found out) and so i thought id do it now and it would work, anyways will anything change if you complete the story on your end and then send it to me can it work like that considering irdc i just wanna progress (btw im on chapter 17 which is deep under water or something)

Okay I've played through the initial interaction with Blake which has caused him to leave the building but Shelly's still there and you're meant to look for clues in his apartment now. Unfortunately during this bit of dialogue you have to make a decision between giving Blake the ring in exchange for the waterfall TM and information about heather or refusing to cooperate with him. I picked the option of giving him the ring for you, if you would prefer to go the other way, that's fine. If you download this and find that your game variables have sorted themselves out and you you are alone in the room with shelly, let me know and I can play through it again for you and pick the other option. If it still hasn't worked I'll keep thinking but I have very limited idea of what I'd try next. If it has worked its worth watching a video of the scene you missed. Its pretty short but has a bit of story relevant stuff in there. 

Game.rxdata

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mde2001 said:

Okay I've played through the initial interaction with Blake which has caused him to leave the building but Shelly's still there and you're meant to look for clues in his apartment now. Unfortunately during this bit of dialogue you have to make a decision between giving Blake the ring in exchange for the waterfall TM and information about heather or refusing to cooperate with him. I picked the option of giving him the ring for you, if you would prefer to go the other way, that's fine. If you download this and find that your game variables have sorted themselves out and you you are alone in the room with shelly, let me know and I can play through it again for you and pick the other option. If it still hasn't worked I'll keep thinking but I have very limited idea of what I'd try next. If it has worked its worth watching a video of the scene you missed. Its pretty short but has a bit of story relevant stuff in there. 

Game.rxdata

WAIT WHAT I pasted the game.rxdata in the wrong place and now when i actually put in your save file it is a new game and ive already replaced it  so now what do i do helpp

Edit: Ok so i inputted my old game.rxdata which i sent to you back in and replaced your new one with my old one and it worked theyre both there thanks so much anyways idk what happened eep..

Edited by mrdynamo1211

Spoiler

Hey guys ! After defeating Blake on ametrine I went back to the circus, only to find out that the crustles despawned.Now (considering I don't have accsess to fly) I can't go through the caves up north, nor the main path.So...Please, help me

Game.rxdata

16 hours ago, Komodo-Tamer said:
  Hide contents

Hey guys ! After defeating Blake on ametrine I went back to the circus, only to find out that the crustles despawned.Now (considering I don't have accsess to fly) I can't go through the caves up north, nor the main path.So...Please, help me

Game.rxdata

You should be able to continue now.

game.rxdata

• Thanks 1

So I was leveling some pokemon on the first gym leader and the game crashed right after my last pokemon fainted. Before reborns window closed it asked if I wanted to save and I clicked yes. Now when I load in the game immediately challenges her while all of my pokemon are still fainted and the game crashes.

Game.rxdata

1 hour ago, Carnage said:

So I was leveling some pokemon on the first gym leader and the game crashed right after my last pokemon fainted. Before reborns window closed it asked if I wanted to save and I clicked yes. Now when I load in the game immediately challenges her while all of my pokemon are still fainted and the game crashes.

Healed your team.

Game.rxdata

• Like 2

I'm currently  stuck in the puzzle in the Water Treatment Center of E15. Puzzle room is supposed to be empty of water but it's flooded which means I can't get past and am thus blocked from further progress in the game. Several other ppl have been experiencing similar issues with this part of the game it would seem ? Thx in advance 🙂

Game.rxdata 

1 hour ago, GuyInGlasses said:

I'm currently  stuck in the puzzle in the Water Treatment Center of E15. Puzzle room is supposed to be empty of water but it's flooded which means I can't get past and am thus blocked from further progress in the game. Several other ppl have been experiencing similar issues with this part of the game it would seem ? Thx in advance

I warped you to the correct map and did the little puzzle, which finished correctly apart from your initial trouble.

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, Im doing a new playthrough for episode 17 and my file froze wont let me enter

I get this message

image.png.9bdc01ef8138a3e58b7ccb2255c1a006.png

And then this

image.png.b0281857b05957c509132b2bbee2d97b.png

I tried redownloading and it doesnt work

Ive uploaded my game file 

Can someone help me with this

Game.rxdata

Edit: went to a backup and now its working. How do i avoid this in the future?

Edited by SadMoney

16 minutes ago, SadMoney said:

Edit: went to a backup and now its working. How do i avoid this in the future?

There's not a lot you can do to avoid save file corruption (which is what you were experiencing) but its also pretty rare so hopefully won't happen again. Try to avoid leaving the game tab open in the background when doing other things though, as I've found that that sometimes seems to increase your chances of something going wrong. Good job on using the backup though! That's the only solution we could have recommended anyway!

3 hours ago, swiftstrike said:

Hi. I got the "Silver Ring should be a Key Item" issue. Please help fix my save file. Thanks!

Game.rxdata

Here you are. Replace your file with this one. 

Game.rxdata

Hi, im stuck at the water treatment center. i left the room after the taka scene and the waterlevel isnt going down.

Thy in advance

Game.rxdata