[IC] TTG Chapter 3: Gluttony

Shamitako

(OOC: Okay, so, Ima just ditch actions up here as well. Just limit yourself to one or two posts)

Gluttony Chapter - Audience Phase

The room was freezing, quite literally, there was a thin layer of ice over everything. In a way it was beautiful, the ice causing strange distortions of the red and white patterns on the floor and ceiling. In the middle of the room stood the throne, a simple stone chair which had been coated in thick ice and carved to look fancy. Next to the throne stood an elderly woman dressed in an extremely thick fur coat. And on top of it sat a teenage boy in casual clothes. A shivering Black Idol stepped up to present the competitors.

"C-competition people. Here, meet." She said through chattering teeth.

"Yes, I've been waiting oh so long for this." He climbed off the throne and made a beeline for Kagari, "HUNTER, I've been waiting so long to meet you."

Black Idol was clearly annoyed by this display, after dealing with Swagalicious previously, she was more than a little tired of gods not being godly. She sent a pleading glance at a pair of cloaked figures in the back corner of the throne room. The taller of the two nudged the other, who quickly strode forward.

"Okay loverboy, shut your trap." Said Blink, grabbing Ice Gryffin by the shoulder and forcibly marching him back to his throne, "You brought us to this god-awful frozen room, the least you can do is get it over quick."

"But, the HUNTER, I've been waiting." The boy whined.

"And you can keep mini Lain waiting a little while longer. Sit down and let these people yell their names at you."

Black Idol waved her hand up at the struggling boy and the tiny woman trying to hold him down, "T-talk names p-please." She mumbled.

The elderly woman remained stock still the entire time.

Adam

Adam was more or less perfectly healed, he still had a cast over his left hand, the multitude of small bones couldn't be healed chemically for fear of his hand healing improperly. Thus he was given a cast to hold it in place until it could heal naturally. Technically he shouldn't have been piloting his mech for another week, but there was no way he was ducking out of this competition. And Blink's appearance was all the more frustrating for him, seeing as this was her fault. It took a lot of self-control not to run up there and punch her in her stupid godly face. Somehow he managed to harness the self-control, and instead simply stepped forward to perform his greeting.

"Greetings, Ice Gryffin... Uh, sir." He said, "I am-"

"Floppy Dick." Blink interrupted.

"Ahem." He grumbled, "I am Silent Requiem, I bring greetings from Lord and the Plane of Pride."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiroki walked up, trying not to let her teeth chatter hard enough for her voice changer to pick it up. Did it really have to be this cold in here? I hate the cold, hate it so much. . . Is this supposed to make us uncomfortable, or is it just coincidence? Seriously, I want to just melt this place. . . It is kind of pretty, though, but most ice sculptures I've seen were temperature controlled separately from the room. . . I always wondered why they did that instead of just making a crystal sculpture. I saw one that was made of a blue-tinted crystal so it looked like ice once. . . Gah, what am I doing? Focus, focus, you're going to embarrass yourself in front of another god, and this time Kagari isn't going to strip and pull attention away. . . I think.

She bowed, the motion as awkward as usual, before making a simple introduction: "I am the Hellfire Knight." She tried to ignore the fact that the god looked like he was around the same age as herself, and acted even more immature. . . Are all the gods this strange?

Tai

The cold struck Tai as soon as he arrived, if only because he only had the set meal offered to him - A humble bowl of curry rice. First impression: Not a single shred of food to be found. The Ice Gryffin's idea of Gluttony sure is weird. It's like a fridge with no food inside!

He stepped forward, and tried to bow, but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't. After an awkward pause, he gave up. "I am Supernova. Nice to meet you," he then stepped back.

Against a god...but before that, I must at least prevail against the others once!

Kagari had to blink several times as she watched the boy god who was apparently a fan of hers.

"Huh..."

She didn't have anything against fans, per se. Hell, if he'd been a loli she'd have been overjoyed. Problem: He was a boy. A male. A non-girl. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about this.

The area was rather cold, but not to an extent unbearable for her. She'd been through worse. She'd once buried herself in snow for fourteen hours to get a single pantyshot; this extent of cold was barely enough to make her shiver.

Unsure how to respond to the boy's apparent desire to meet her, she simply bowed gracefully and introduced herself.

"As you're clearly aware, I'm the LOLI_HUNTER. Nice to meet you, I guess?"

With that formality out of the way, she scooted over to the cloaked figure and hugged it, hoping to share some of her body heat. The poor girl was shivering so much that her cloak was trembling. While hugging her, Kagari continued to speak to the god.

"From that earlier reaction, I take it you've been watching my matches or something?"

Solomon withstood the cold without a word as a few of the others introduced themselves. It seemed almost as if the mechanic ignored the ice crunching beneath his boots or the subtle mist emanating from both himself and his competitors with every breath, tattooed arms crossed, not even bothering with the jacket still fixed around his waist. His gaze was kept straight ahead at the little godling from behind his goggles, looking little more than a slightly bulky pair of aviator shades to the untrained eye.

He wasn't surprised by the boy's age... nor about his behaviour really, given both the tales Tesla had told him about Lord's rise to power as a mere child and from what he'd seen from Swagalicious beforehand. He still cringed just a bit at the memory of the gaudy introduction.

"Revenant." he said simply, staying right where he was. There was something else that had caught his eye besides the boy's age... that hair, those facial features, could he be? He tossed a sidelong glance at the cloaked figure still standing in the corner. There'd only been so many 'guest' on the train ride, after all, it was almost obvious that seeker had to be the one of them who wasn't standing by the boy's throne now; that one's voice had been far too different, so too had the manner of speech. He cared nothing for any of the questions the strange chick asked or whatever interest the kid had in her. Probably just a bunch of teenage puppy love or infatuation or some shit...

"Really though... did she? I mean, they gotta be related, kid looks too damn like her. Really, this though? She legit made this scrawny ass little lordling? Gods... how far did the apple get flung?"

"Well, I mean, it's not like we've seen much more than a few minutes of interaction with him..."

"Buddy, by this point you should know, a few minutes is almost always enough for me to see...just like how I only needed to see that weird chick strip down last circle and try to give that douche bag her phone number to know she was fucking bonkers..."

"I... will admit, that was a rather...glaring oddity..."

Mommo - wearing only socks on her feeeeeet <!!!

The floor was murder on the girl's feet, stinging needless into her very soul. To, at least to some effect, avert these uncomfortable circumstances, young Mommo was forced to tap ever so slightly on her feet, as if dancing. Except the rest of her body was shivering and an apprent look of annoyance was plastered on her face as she held her teeth clenched.

However, there was no missing the whole display of affection the god had shown at the HUNTER. And then the HUNTER at the hooded figure. As much as she hated to admit it, the scene helped qualm the freezing temperatures on the outside by setting something warm and gutteral off on the inside. Mommo's teeth clenched harder as she stepped to introduce herself, trying her best to ignore the scene while she knew she was blushing. Hopefully it would be attributed to the cold.

"I'm the Slumbering Giant." She said as she gave a light bow and tapped along back to the line.

Edited by Bfroger6

It took most of Hiroki's self-control to not instinctively flail when Kagari hugged her. She wasn't exactly used to sudden displays of affection, particularly ones involving physical contact, and the entire situation of the tournament held her in a near-constant state of being on edge; that was part of why she wore the disguise. Having a layer of isolation helped her calm down and think, not to mention making the slim chance of someone deciding that foul play was the best option that much slimmer by adding in ambiguity as to whether she would go down easily if surprised.

Failing any proper way to respond to the hug - since she couldn't whisper to Kagari to cut it out due to the voice changer blasting her voice out across the room - she simply elected to try not to react to it at all; it was quite nice, if she was honest, but she couldn't admit that in front of everyone. It was a sign of weakness.

Morgan

Morgan felt damn lucky that she was wearing her jacket, which was zipped up tight and hiding her hands in her sleeves. That ought to shield her body from the cold. Well, at least for a little bit. It wasn't like she was dressed for winter. And even then, she wasn't wearing anything on her head besides her glasses. Actually, that's the only bad part if they're not going to be in the throne room for too long. All she would have to do is ignore the fact that her ears were becoming numb and she would be fine. But despite that, the room looked absolutely beautiful. Between the color scheme and the way the ice distorted and reflected it, it was almost enough to take your breath away. But that's enough about that. It looks like she's up for the next introduction. Best opportunity to keep her mind off the cold... or so it seemed.

Morgan stepped forward and made a formal bow. It was at this point that she realized that she was at the center of attention. She became nervous and noticed that she began to shake, which made her feel even more nervous. "Um... G-greetings, Mr. Ice Gryffin, sir." She said. She took her hands out of her sleeves to adjust her glasses. Good Gods, they were ice cold. Just like this reversed hell of a room. "I-I'm Strider. It's a p-pleasure to meet you." After making her introduction, she turned around and made her way back to the crowd she emerged from. Hopefully, everyone else would think that she was getting cold herself, but anyone who knows better would know that it's Morgan being... well... Morgan.

On her way back, The girl noticed the oddity in Silent's left hand. It was covered in a cast. And he's gotta fight in that thing? Morgan felt bad for him. Of course, there was that one part of her that says "Serves him right", but she did her best to ignore that part. She was a bit curious as to how that happened as well. She did feel bad, though. Mostly. Despite that, she did her best too keep quiet. If Silent Requiem had as much pride in him as she thinks he does, then pity would be the last thing he needs. Morgan looked up at him for a second, then she looked down as she silently got back in line. Then she noticed the cold was finally starting to get through. It wouldn't be long before Ms. Belle was freezing like some of the others, not to mention that her ears were totally numb at this point. Luckily, she was one of the last ones to go, so with any luck, they won't be here much longer. She put her hands back in her sleeves and prayed that this doesn't take too much longer.

Edited by Komodojoe

If they had been paying attention, which none of them had seeing as they were either freezing or watching the debacle unfold with Ice Gryffin, then the contestants would have noticed a suspicious lack of the eighth contestant present. It wasn't stated why Ricochet had left the tournament, but his exit had been announced. However, it was also stated that there was already a replacement, so their absence was still rather odd.

Ice Gryffin finally managed to escape Blink's clutches and respond to the competitors greetings.

"Yes, hello everyone, HUNTER." He said, resulting in a punch on the shoulder from Blink.

And that was when it happened. A tiny blur of yellow and pink shot into the room, a whirring sound following in its wake. It came to halt in front of the line and spun to face the group.

"Oh Lord please no you didn't." Adam said, sounding fairly panicked.

"Hihi everyone." the petite girl now standing in front of them said cheerfully, "I'm sorry I'm late, I slipped and hit my head when I was trying to show up the first time. It's okay now though."

The girl was wearing a yellow tank top with pink flowers on it, blue jean shorts, and pink sneakers. She didn't seem to fit in at all with the environment--neither the competitive one nor the frozen one.

"Hey, uh, I feel funny..." She said, shifting uncomfortably.

Nearly everyone in the room felt oddly drawn to this girl, it wasn't a strong feeling, but it was there. The odd one out was LOLI_HUNTER, who felt a strange sense of unease at being near this girl.

Tai

The clumsy act of the new girl almost made him laugh out loud, but he quickly held his breath and calmed himself down. "Erm...the God's on the other side." He told the girl, subtly pointing at Ice Gryffin with his hand.

Still, if you're here, you must be at least somewhat capable. I wonder if I'll be fighting her this time.

Mommo

Who was this girl now? Mommo wondered to herself as the comedy unveiled before them, dragging even her attention away from the pathetic self-lamentations she was chanting in the back of her head over the HUNTER. Wait...so was she that guy's replacement? Hmm... Mommo placed a hand on her chin, momentarily forgetting about her body's worldly needs to focus on examining the girl. The girl failed to employ any form of a dangerous presence, but perhaps that was what was so dangerous about her. Mommo would need to pay a lot of attention to the new contestant, especially with how poorly her own performance had been going thus far.

"..." Continuing her inquisitive stare-down, Mommo was oblivious to the rather imposingly stretched out snot that had began oozing from her left nostril.

Morgan

Taken by surprise, Morgan made a sudden "Eep!" noise upon the strange girl's entrance. She wasn't expecting anyone else to show. Then again, she really shouldn't be surprised since Ricochet had made an exit. It was a matter of time until his replacement showed up. While she knew this much, the shy girl wasn't exactly thinking that said replacement would show up out of the blue like that. To be fair, though, that probably should've been expected in hindsight...

The first thing Morgan noticed was Adam's anxiety toward this girl. Such a reaction sounds like something Ms. Belle would do, minus the "Oh Lord please no you didn't." line... Actually, she's surprised she wasn't feeling as much of an uneasiness towards the new contestant as she usually does, aside from the jump scare of course. That was unnerving to her, but she's doing that to herself. Other than that, there isn't much. Was Morgan's finally overcoming her shyness? No. She knows that feeling and it's with a very small amount of people, mostly family. There's something else at play. It was very weak, but she did feel strangely drawn to this girl. She couldn't explain it, nor could she find the reason why. They seemed to be polar opposites. Hmm... Strange, indeed.

The next thing the new girl said confused Morgan a bit. What'd she mean she "feels funny"? The only things Morgan can think of is that the girl either feels sick or cold... or both. Cold seems to be the more likely answer. She was definitely dressed for the part, but 'funny' doesn't exactly mean 'cold', nor does it exactly mean 'sick'. Does she know what either of those things are? Maybe Morgan's overthinking it a bit. Maybe she should just suck it up and actually ask her. The poor girl is probably freezing her butt off out there. Morgan was reluctant to speak, and thus, a few awkward seconds passed by with her mouth hanging open.

"H-hey, umm... Are you cold? I can lend you my jacket if you want." Morgan asked, bracing herself for the cold. She figured the poorly dressed girl would need it more than she does, but she kinda didn't want to hand it over. It was her best line of defense against the frigid temperatures in this room. That, and it helped hide her... um... her chest. She wasn't exactly flat-chested, but that was pretty much the point. If the answer to her question is yes, she just hopes this doesn't take too long, lest she dies from the cold... or from embarrassment.

Edited by Komodojoe

• 4 weeks later...

Kagari frowned. There was a new loli in the room, but her usual conditioned response of freaking out and getting excited wasn't occurring. Or rather, that wasn't quite accurate. It was happening, but it was simultaneously being cancelled out by an annoyingly vague sense of discomfort that prevented her from engaging in her usual behaviour. But there was no part of Kagari that would have felt uneasy about lolis, so clearly this feeling came from somewhere else. Somewhere... outside of her. There was something...strange about the new girl. She narrowed her eyes and hugged Hiroki tighter, nuzzling her cheek against Hiroki's mask while continuing to stare suspiciously at the new arrival.

The girl in the cloak tried to strain against Kagari's unwanted - if not unpleasant - affections in such a manner that it wouldn't actually look like she was responded; which was to say there was pretty much no noticeable response. And now there was this new girl, who was apparently not worried about the others deriding her for her stature, much like Sleeping Giant. Hiroki knew better, though, which is why she wasn't going to compromise herself any further than she already had. She did have to compose herself for a moment, however, to think up her phrasing of her reply to her sudden appearance. The other girl pressed against her would feel a slight shake of her head before she spoke, and possibly even heard the whispering that presaged the speech from the device on her chin. "Are you feeling well? I would not want to defeat an opponent not fighting at their full capacity."

• 2 weeks later...

Ice Gryffin was as taken aback by the new presence as anyone else, but regained his composure surprisingly quickly.

"Right, anyways." He carried on, "I should probably say something nice, but really I'm just exited to watch you fight."

He stole a glance at LOLI_HUNTER as he said this.

"So if you would, please go get ready. I should warn you though, the field is a bit chilly."

He smirked knowingly, as if the field's gimmick weren't obvious from the start.

Gluttony Chapter - Battle Phase

The field was as frozen as the throne room, in fact it was even moreso. Exposed to the open air, frigid winds drove across the ice rink that served as a battle arena. Heavier mechs would find their balance disrupted, and all mechs would struggle to come to a full stop on the ice. Even under Hiroki's heat, the ice barely receded. The stands were full of spectators in heavy coats, outside a few who seemed to mimic Temperance and Lain's style of trying to freeze to death. Notably, large crowds had gathered to cheer on Strider and the Hellfire Knight in their matches. It seemed that even with such a serious reason behind the tournament, fans still grew like any sport. Even Libra had gathered a group of fans, despite having only recently replaced Ricochet.

(OOC: I'll post for Temp and Adam after their opponents post)

Supernova vs Libra

The arena was saturated with chilly air. Tai was itching to start fighting to get rid of the cold. Before him, stood Libra.

What in the-

Tai couldn't believe what he had just seen - A Libra on wheels. What does this thing even do? Is it going to slam its pans at me? He took a deep breath, trying to take things seriously.

"Hey, Temperance, right? Let's, uh, give your fans a good performance." He briefly talked to Libra's pilot. The jets let out a deafening roar, as if it was a battle cry. He zoomed around the rink, floating one meter above it. The mech gradually heated up, albeit a bit slower than usual due to the arena's qualities. He kept a good distance away from Libra, double-checking if the mech was really as simple as he had thought.

Revenant vs Silent Requiem

Sully Remembers...

"W-Well, it definitely wasn't a pushover...I... I fought against Silent Requiem of all people. His mech was... different than a lot of the others that I've fought, but that didn't make it any less capable. He was in the third seat, after all. It was spherical in shape to fit it with it's SAD build and his Signature gave me a headache... quite literally, I might add. The match started out with both of us on equal footing, but I made a wrong move and got myself pinned for a minute there. I was on the defensive afterwards. He just kept coming and I ended up on the ground. Then, I'm not really sure if he was cocky or what, but I ended up turning the tables on him and won. All in all, it was a pretty close match..."

-Strider, Chapter 1 Travel Phase, pre-concert conversation

The exact words the girl had spoken played back through his mind as he entered the Arena, unphased by the irony of the situation. The pilot across from him, Silent Requiem... he'd fallen for the same exact retribution strategy that Revenant had, in all likelihood... it had just taken he himself being blasted to realize what the hingepoint of her fighting style actually was. And even more, she'd freely given him a basic account of what happened on the battlefield that day...

But smugness was not the emotion that immediately came from the circumstance. Nor even contentment really. This was too stacked, too one-sided- he'd heard the rumors of the bloke who'd somehow managed to get royally fucked up during his match. If he'd just had access to the information the girl had so readily let go in passing, he'd be willing to call it a fair fight; he hadn't asked her with the intent of getting data out of it, he'd just been bored, disgruntled, and entirely un-buzzed after a long day's work...but he'd taken the opportunity when it came knocking. No shame in simply being alert and resourceful.

Just like there wasn't anything to really gain or prove by beating on a man who'd clearly already gotten the shit kicked out of him well enough by someone else. But Solomon had yet even less to gain by holding back anything just because of factors beyond his control or, truly, interests at all. He may not have liked the match-up, but his discontent was nowhere near strong enough to warrant forfeiture. 

He'd fight this poor bastard just as hard as he had the girl... the binding factor between them... the trap they both fell into, him apparently taken by surprise, solomon already having suspected that something was afoot in the match, just not entirely sure as to what.

"You ready?" He finally asked his AI companion, as the playback ended and he filed the note file away again. When there was nothing but a stretch of empty silence in his mind, he couldn't help but suspect there would be trouble...  "Asmo. Da hell is it?"

"We've uh... we've got errors. Several. I... I've never seen anything like them before. They're just... look for yourself."

As if on cue, a flood of blaring red, flashing 0s, 1s, and the occasional 2s emerged in his mind. And now sooner had the Mechanical poked through them to inspect the issue himself, did he immediately see what the AI meant.

"There's nothing wrong with these codes... they're the exact same we've always used, and the changes in the blueprints wouldn't have even gone anywhere near this damn section. Why the fuck is it suddenly being rejected now after years of working without a hitch? I don't see any sign of intrusions, covert or otherwise...and I don't Diviner would fuck me over like that, least not after the talk we had about the artificial mechs...but if it's not a hack, and nothing's wrong with the actual structure... then how-"

"Wait, sully... look. You see that there?"

"Yeah... weird. Looks like whatever it is only targets... hehehehehHAHAHAHAH, aaaaaaaaaaaaah Dayum, that's good Asmo, you had me going. I thought it was something actually important got screwed. Buddy... we got more ways  to deliver a good system-shock than just sending the direct package... and the cutters are more for utility at that range than anything else. Man, gotta give ya credit though, you do know how to be dramatic... I don't remember programming that into you..."

"You didn't. I learned from constantly dealing with covering the over the top, completely Shounen tactics you both are so damn fond of over the years..."

"Eh, that shit is what got all 3 of us to the top. Don't knock it if it ain't broken."

"Whatever, fair enough... just waste this poor bastard so we can get this formality over with."

"Yeah, yeah, was thinking the same thing myself..."

The mech stayed stationary, as the slotted ports on it's back slid open with a hissing torrent of pressurized gas and one by one, the modular shards of pure, crimson metal drifted out of them as if possessed by their own conscious locomotion, dancing in the air before the Mechanic, their revolution faster, and faster, until at long last, they closed the distance among themselves with a click and locked into place... forming a perfectly circular blade that seemed to cast a glow over the ice beneath them, crackling with the occasional burst of electrical current.

Solomon didn't bother to take it in hand or showboat with it, just let it continue to hover infront of the armor, arms crossed... as the Tesla spheres began to exert a repulsion field just beneath his feet, controlled enough to just lift the mech a few good inches off the Ice...just as they'd lifted him up and above the islands and waves last fight once Strider had succeeded in pissing him the fuck off. He liked the exertion of physical dashing towards the opponent, or the rush of bobbing and weaving while subtly setting your stance for a counter all the while, if he didn't, he wouldn't have spent so much damn time overclocking the Servo strength.

The issue though, was that all that stuff? Alot harder to do when you're slipping and sliding and can't stop exactly when you want to in the exact position and stance you need in order to either to most efficiently transfer momentum to your next maneuver. The Islands last circle... he could deal with. They had been solid rock, gave good traction, and were large enough that he could get in at least a few steps and a good lead up for even an unboosted jump off of them, even if the set patterns they'd came in had made the movement paths available rather predictable. There was no point in even trying on Ice though...

Libra

Temperance stood in a simulated scene of the area outside. It was much warmer in the mech, but it still transferred some sense of cold to her. It was strange controlling something so inhuman with your human body, but Temperance had gotten used to it. She took a step forward, triggering the wheels to engage. But nothing happened. She attempted this several more times, her brow furrowing further in confusion each time.

"Kayyyli, the wheels are stuck." Temperance whined.

"I know, I locked them." Replied the silky voice of her AI.

"Well unlock them, I want to go forward."
"Pay attention, the ground is ice, if I hadn't locked the wheels we'd have drifted into Supernova, that would be rude."

"I guess you're right, but can we go now? Supernova is starting too."

"No, remain stationary for a bit, he has the advantage in offense. We must let him come to us. There will be more emotion with more buildup."

Supernova's voice rang out in Temperance's ear, "Hey, Temperance, right? Let's, uh, give your fans a good performance. "

"Oh, yeah, he does seem to be excited." Temperance noted.

"Yes, Mr. Supernova, let's make a good performance for your fans too. We'll make everyone the very most excited." She sent back.

Temperance smirked confidently, this was going to be so easy. She punched the air in front of her aggressively, her fist colliding with the metal behind the simulation. She recoiled in pain.

"Owie."

"Please refrain from doing that, Emmie." Kayli said in an exasperated voice

"Sorry Kayli." Temperance pouted.

Silent Requiem

Adam pushed his cast-ridden hand against the controls carefully, it felt strange to touch them through the heavy fabric. He didn't think it would effect him in combat, but it was still strange and uncomfortable. He was more than a bit angry at himself for failing in the previous fight. He'd bet everything on a desperate attack, and he should have known it would fail. Here, he wasn't going to paint himself into that corner. Here he would take the lead, and he wouldn't get caught by a counterattack like with Strider. His confidence at least mildly restored by this internal pep talk, he kicked his mech into gear and... spun in place.

"Fucking dammit." He cursed.

Ice, right, and his outer shell was almost perfectly smooth. With how well kept the area was, he had almost zero traction. It wasn't actually a big deal, he was just annoyed that he hadn't thought of it. He triggered the terrain guns and shot up the ground in front of him. Then he triggered a blade to hop him forward onto that patch. Contact with the now uneven ice and he launched forward towards Revenant.

(OOC: I'll be honest, shooting the ice to be uneven doesn't sound like it would be enough to generate significant traction... But it was that or grab the ground with the blades, and I used those in the water last time. So cut me some slack pls >_<)

Morgan - Strider Vs. Slumbering Giant

Morgan looked around the arena to see nothing but a flat field of ice. And looking at the frigid temperatures to support it, she's glad she's sitting inside her good ol' Strider mech where it's nice and cozy.

"It's like an ice skating rink... except we're using our mechs instead of skates."  Morgan thought. It wasn't hard to tell how thick the crowd was. There were a lot of people, too... What? You thought that was what I was talking about the whole time? Oh, no. I was talking about their clothing. Most of them were covered head to toe in winter clothes, which felt like a lot more than usual considering what Ms. Belle had to go through in the Plane of Lust. She can only assume that the ones that weren't in coats either had other means of keeping warm, or were batshit crazy. She would be leaning more toward that last one if she didn't know what biomechanics could do for people. "Hold up a sec..." Once Morgan began to actually pay attention to the crowd, she noticed something. "Are they... are they rooting for me?"  It took a couple seconds to confirm that. "...O-oh, wowee. They are! Heheh." She giggled as her face turned red. "Didn't expect to make this much of an impression." Still, even with how nice it felt to be cheered on like this, there was a lot of attention to go with it. That didn't sit with her too good. Made her a bit nervous.

"Oh, man..." Then she noticed the big catch. "I-I'm under a lot of pressure right now, aren't I?"

With a crowd this big rooting for her, there'd be a lot of disappointment going around if she lost. She began shaking as her palms became sweaty. Her breathing also became irregular for about a second, then she gained control once again. Once she did, she took a deep breath. "Focus, Morgan. The real fight hasn't even started yet." She wasn't about to break down under the pressure before the battle began. If she did, then there would be no point of her being here. "There are a lot of people watching. And if I can't win, I should at least try to make it close." Morgan's eyes then fixed on her opponent, who happened to be the same person whose life she just saved the day before: the Slumbering Giant.

...Actually, now that she's thinking about it, other than Silent Requiem, the only people she's fought are people she met the day before the fight. Hmm. Hard to tell if there's a pattern or if it's just a coincidence. Oh, well.

She'd already scanned Strider just before, so there's not much to worry about on that front. She prepped her weapons and jets, and made sure the EAS was at the ready. Satisfied that everything was running smoothly, she readied herself for a fight.

Edited by Komodojoe

Revenant

"Even crippled, the bastard's making the first move. I'm almost impressed." Asmo quipped as the opponent began firing upon the ice, and the fields around Sully's own mech began to pick up in juice, Solomon already at work with his own response to the initiative displayed, as another hiss not dissimilar to the blade shards showered more pressurized gas into the air. The AI recognized the field patterns well enough to immediately know what was about to go down...

"Yeah, guess he might be a bit sore, doesn't wanna look like a chump again or something. Not that it matters, ain't my fault he got fucked..."

The single, spherical metal round he had withdrawn and now held in one of his hands however, was not what he intended to respond to the initiative with. Not yet at least. No... as Silent Reqeuim proceed to launch himself into the air towards him, Solomon reached forward like a flash of  lightning with his free hand and with matching swiftness wound up a single rotation of his levitating body, as if winding up a discus toss. Cracks and pops of static bloomed as the Tesla Fields intensified and he sent the circular blade hurtling right for his Airborne foe with a resounding, near deafening boom as the blade became nothing but a blur of scarlet and the angry, glowing orange of oxidizing air as it's high-frequency edge savagely carved a path towards his Spherical Assailant... 

Supernova

Not a single move... she's waiting for my approach. Last time this happened, it did not go well for me. Tai continued to strafe around the arena, and finally, he got enough heat, but he held off his usual procedures.

He started off the fight with a barrage of weak fireballs from his hands, concentrating on the ice below Libra's wheels. The fireballs repeatedly softened the ice, causing the wheels to sink gradually.

"Don't just stand there, move it!" Tai yelled, slowly, but carefully shortening the distance between him and his opponent.

Libra

"Uhh, Kayli, he's not really attacking." Temperance said worriedly.

"It's not a problem, we can wait him out a little longer." The AI replied.

"But the ice is melting."

"And it's several yards thick, it doesn't matter how much heat he's dishing out, it will take hours to sink us any significant level."

"But people will get bored waiting, that's no fun."

"And you would rather slide around on the ice all willy-nilly?"

"Yes."

The Scales were silent for a moment. Temperance waited but Kayli said nothing. She was about to speak up again when the wheels unlocked. Now it was time to get rolling. Temperance slipped and slid, trying to get moving on the wet ice. Eventually she managed to get started, and charged forwards, moving to intercept Supernova.

Silent Requiem

Adam barely had time to see the projectile coming with how fast it was moving. If it weren't for the telegraphed windup he wouldn't have been ready at all. He spun back, trying to move out of the way, but it still managed to smash into his hull, the sheer force knocking him across the ice. As he slowed to a stop, his armor closed up around the disk, firmly embedding it in his mech.

"Well, it's not optimal." He muttered.

He shot forward at full speed across the trail of dents and shards he had left in his wake and launched up at his foe. As he flew he shifted his rotation so that the blade would slice diagonally into Revenant when they collided.

Revenant 

"Did he just..."

"Yeah he did. Now he thinks he can cut me with my own peice..." the Mechanic scowled abit within his armor as the Sphere again came for him, launching himself out the Ball's trajectory with a repulsion field to his immediate left and keeping it up as he strafed further away, still held aloft by the other field. "fucker thinks he can eat my weapon, eh? Fine then. Time to give him indigestion..." 

Command Line: RM01- Frequency: Maximum.

Command Line: RM02- Commence Rotation.

Two neural commands, issued at the literal speed of thought. The instant the remote instructions were received, the matrix of Spheres housed in every last one of the modular shards composing ragnarok's form- perhaps the biggest improvement over the old model in that he'd finally given it it's own power source, and thus far greater independence of direct control from the mech, alongside refining the overall integrity of the weapon -boosted the vibration that was responsible for the blades's advanced efficacy to it's max output, turning its edge into a literal blur of unfocusable scarlet as, at the same time, began to exert their own fields, interlinking forces with one another like the cogs of a machine and surely but slowly beginning to rotate the massive, vorpal chakram, grinding faster and faster inside of Requiem's Armor as the sheer force of the exerted magnetism attempted to dislodge it from the Mech... 

Supernova

There we go. Tai stopped on his track, and faced Libra directly. Let's see the handling of her wheels. How long will they last without slipping out of control?

He clenched his fists, activated his Fire Shield, and charged at her. 20 meters...15 meters...10 meters... Suddenly, he punched the rink, cracking a part of it significantly before propelling himself up five meters high. He jetted over Libra at full speed, before slamming her right arm with his right fist, hoping to make the mech slip and fall. He kept a close eye on the two arms, anticipating a counterattack from them.

Libra

Libra slid along with Supernova's momentum, tipping over as it went. But as it fell it entire body rotated, pinning Supernova underneath its great weight. The crowd cheered as the action finally struck up.

"Woohoo!" Temperance cried out happily from her position against the wall of her simulartion.

Supernova was directly below her, she could feel some of the heat he was emitting seeping through. Sure, she was stuck, but there was no way Supernova could lift her. And her armor was too tough for him to break through from this close. She wasn't quite naive enough to think she'd already won, but it was fair to say the first strike was solidly in her favor.

"Yes, woohoo, don't get too excited Emmie, he's melting into our hull." Kayli said, "We're balancing out effectively for now, but too much more heat and he'll melt through that wall you're sitting on. Also we can't get up while he's pinning our arm."

"Oh," Temperance said, attempting to climb what used to be the floor, "Well, try to compensate, grappling should get people really excited, right?"

"Mostly likely, yes." Kayli agreed, "I'll do what I can."

Libra pushed its armor to repair as quickly as possible, but it was still losing to Supernova's Fire Shield.

Cardinal

Tai heard a voice pop into his head.

"Tai, I just saw." She said, sounding slightly panicked, "You're fighting Temperance Lucas. You have to be careful, she's truly a monster. Whatever you do, you must keep calm. Everyone must keep calm."

Silent Requiem

The circular blade tried its best to tear itself free, but Silent Requiem's hull had assimilated it too well. It lurched momentarily, and then Silent Requiem spun around. The spherical mech smashed full force into Revenant's head and right shoulder, sending both mechs sprawling. Adam was flung around his cockpit, luckily Favor prevented him from being sliced open when he flew into the blade. He smashed his injured hand against the wall a couple times, so that was uncomfortable. But he somehow managed to get back into his pilot seat and regain control. He wasn't sure if the blade was broken or just done spinning, but it seemed to have calmed down. He attempted to refasten the belt that kept him in place, but it had broken apart from the sheer force of his movement. He mused for a moment that Blink had probably held back, otherwise his body would have just outright snapped apart like the belt when she caught him. Despite all her threats, she still couldn't bring herself to let him die. Hopefully Adam had torn up Revenant's shoulder as much as Blink had torn up his.