[SPOILER] The Story of an Unlikely Hero: Pokemon Moon Edition

Tringus

It's time. You all knew this was coming, and may very well be the first one here. Now, I WOULD play Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Emerald, but I'm saving Emerald for later, and I'm still training up Cyndaquil in Alpha Sapphire. Plus, work and school had my hands tied. Not only that, but my hype limit has been broken, and I REEAALLY want to play the new game. I'm more of a night person, so I went with Pokemon Moon. Oh, and this is actually going to be the first time I will do a monotype run! As for which type, you will all have to wait and see! Now it's time to get my feet wet, and dive right in to Pokemon Moon, where Alola needs a hero, and that hero... is me.

Chapter I: Prologue

It all started when I moved to the Alola region all the way from Kanto. As I get ready to move, I get a video chat message from the Alola region's very own Professor Kukui. Way to entitle yourself, man. He welcomes me to the Alola region, and explains that it is made up of several islands, which could be the reason the region is chock full of nothing but rare Pokemon. He says that there's no shortage of cool Pokemon out here in Alola either, and sends out Rockruff. He explains that you find them all over, in the grass, the caves, the sky, and seas, etc. He says that here in Alola, they love their Pokemon, and they depend on them heaps, too. He also says that some of them even battle with them! Rockruff gets in his way, and he tells it to wait until he's done talking to play. Rockruff leaves, and he asks me some questions about myself so he can introduce me to everybody. He asks me what photo he should use for my Trainer Passport... I get a PASSPORT?! Awesome! I decide to go with the name Trevore, since it is the first time other than Reborn (In the later chapters) I call myself that. He says he'll let everybody out there know I'm on my way, and says that my name is a name that hits me like a Thunderbolt outta the sky. He can't wait to see me in person, and waves goodbye with his Rockruff and Pikipek. I end the message, and my mom tells me to come help her with the boxes. I do so as I leave a mysterious brochure on the desk...

Meanwhile...

A young girl runs through the ivory halls, running for her dear life with a mysterious bag, and heads up the elevator onto the nature area, and ends up getting pursued by two mysterious men in white. She eventually gets cornered by more men, and just as they're about to grab her, the mysterious Pokemon in the bag teleports her and it away into the night sky, escaping their enemies. Talk about an intro!

Three months later...

On one of the islands, my mom relaxes with her Meowth outside the house, and is happy to spend the first evening under Alola's calm moon. Mom, there is no such thing as an Alolan Moon! Are you mistaking the moon to be a regional thing? Get outta here, go to sleep or something! She feels like she could stay out here all night, but decides to unpack the boxes. She tells Meowth to go get me, and it does, touring around my room, and then screeching at my face, rather than just clawing it. Not wanting to get up, I sleep for a few more minutes before getting up. I read my notebook from my dad, and look at my damaged Ditto pillow. Fuck you, Meowth. I head outside, and Mom talks to me. She says I was out like a light, and claims I ought to be full of energy by now. She asks me if I'm pumped to meet some Alolan Pokemon, and I am. She says that we're living in the Alola region now, and everyone wants to visit. She's sure the Pokemon living here are friendly, and the doorbell rings. She bets that it's Professor Kukui, and asks me to answer the door. I head into the other room first, and see that Mom FINALLY has her own room after 20 years! I look at Meowth's bed, and see that it's hardly been used since Meowth just sleeps in my mom's bed instead.

Okay... what is going on, here? Where the hell is Dad, why does Meowth not sleep in its own bed, and why is Mom's bed so BIG?! Since Dad is gone, her bed should not be this big unless... GASP! SHE'S BEEN SLEEPING WITH OTHER MEN! AND MEOWTH PROBABLY BANGS HER TOO! That probably explains why Dad left... I mean, look at how there is only one pillow on her bed! I bet the guys just come in for one-night stands or some shit like that, who knows? Fuck it, I'll go answer the door. Fuck you, Meowth...

I go and answer the door, but Professor Kukui just lets HIMSELF in, only to turn around. What the fuck, man? When he turns around, he wears nothing but a labcoat and shorts, completely shirtless. DAMN, son, this man is ready to fuck bitches! ...Oh HELL no, you aren't getting anywhere near my mom! He greets me, and introduces himself as Professor Kukui. He says that I gotta be tired after that long trip all the way out here to Alola, asking if I feel any jet lag. He says that we sure are a long way from Kanto out here in Alola, and it's still nighttime out here. Mom tells him that we just arrived yesterday, and he tells her that he just let himself in, and for her to call him Kukui, welcoming her to Alola. I KNEW this man was ready to fuck! AND he is married! LOOK AT THE RING ON HIS FINGER!!! I can't wait until I get my first Pokemon so I can fuck this man up! She remembers seeing him battle the Indigo gym leaders back in Kanto all those years ago, and says she's been in love with Alolan Pokemon ever since, so she finally decided to come here herself. Ummm.... yeah, that's great, but why bring me along if YOU wanted to go? I would have been fine with another Kanto remake... Just kidding, I'd rather have this first, then Sinnoh remakes. He laughs wholeheartedly, almost to the point of having a seizure, and says he was supposed to be visiting there to research Kanto Pokemon moves and all. He thought he knew a thing or two about battling, but those Kanto gym leaders proved him wrong. The Kanto gym leaders were stronger than him? GASP! The professor is a scrub! He tells me to get a move on to the next town over, and it's time for me to meet the Island Kahuna and get myself a Pokemon. Now I already know what a Pokemon is, but a kahuna? Sign me up, cousin! He explains that the kahunas are crazy-strong Pokemon trainers here in Alola, and they're unbeatable for folks like him and I. He says that the kahuna who lives in Iki Town is always happy to give any kid who wants to have an adventure their first Pokemon, and Mom says that those kahunas really are worth meeting if they just simply give people Pokemon. She tells me to hurry up and get ready, saying my things are still in the boxes in my room, as well as the notebook on the desk. Kukui bets I have a stylin' hat that will match his, and I head to my room to get ready.

After I put my clothes on, and see Kukui and Mom laughing at Meowth. Ooooh, I already KNOW Kukui is after Mom, and Meowth is in on it, too! Mom says I look ready for anything now, and tells me to have a good time out there. She promises she'll have everything cleaned up and put away by the time I come back with my new Pokemon, and Kukui compliments my hat. Meowth is happy too, and Mom and Kukui laugh again. Kukui then talks to me privately, talking to me about my mom. Bruh, I already KNOW you're trying to bang her, calm yo ass down, dude! However, he says she's looking forward to me getting my first Pokemon, so let's get going to Iki Town. He says it's time for me to get a real nice Pokemon from the island kahuna. He leaves, and I follow him. Bye Mom, don't fuck random men while I'm gone!

I head outside, and Kukui welcomes me to paradise, the Alola region! He says that folks here in Alola get along by living together with Pokemon and working together, too. He says I can go anywhere as long as I got Pokemon helping me out here, which is why I have to get to the kahuna! He says Iki Town isn't far if we cut up to Route 1. We leave, and head straight for Route 1. I pass by the science guy, and catch up to Kukui, who asks me if I love Alola already. He is happy to hear that I do, and says the more I love Alola, the happier he'll be. And what if I DON'T like it, huh? Ever thought about that? A youngster walks up to us, and he calls him an Alolan Trainer. Is that you, Alolan Youngster JOEY?! The kid tells Kukui to recommend another move for him sometime, and he tells the kid he already knows which moves he wants to use, and to come find him next time his Pokemon learns a new move, and then he'll battle him. This man is not taking shit from ANYONE! We then walk over to a lass and her Pikachu, and Kukui says that if I had a Pokemon with me, I could dive into the tall grass here to try to catch some wild Pokemon to add to my team. We then walk over to two kids battling, and Kukui says that trainers go up against one another in battle with the Pokemon they love. Isn't that cockfighting for kids? Of COURSE it is! He then says that having Pokemon gives me a whole new way to communicate with other people. He tells me that Iki Town is really close, and we make it there.

We head to Iki Town, and Kukui is happy we're here. He explains that this town is where folks come to worship the Pokemon that watches over Melemele Island. He says that Tapu Koko keeps us all safe and happy. Yeah, that's great, but what about Arceus? I'm sure it disagrees, as IT keeps us safe too, doesn't it? He is surprised to see everybody gone, and wonders if they're all back there on Mahalo Trail. He says that's where the ruins of their guardian deity Tapu Koko are. He then turns around to tell me to do him a solid and go find the island kahuna. He tells me he'll wait around here to make sure we don't miss each other, and says I can't miss the island kahuna, because he looks just like a kahuna. Reeeeaal helpful information, bruh. Reeeeeeeaaally helpful. I then run over to Mahalo Trial yelling "You're not my dad!!!" when all of a sudden, I find the same girl who ran away from that mysterious lab. She asks the thing in her bag if it wants to go up to the ruins, and doesn't know what it hopes to find there, but decides to go there anyway as she leaves for Mahalo Trail.

I travel through Mahalo Trail, passing through the tikis, and see her climbing the steps. She tries to keep the mysterious being in her bag, saying that it can't come out, or else they'll get in trouble if anyone sees it. I follow her, and see her running towards a bridge, where the mysterious Pokemon springs from the bag, and lands on the bridge, only to get surrounded by a bunch of Spearow. I walk up to her, and she turns around. I ask what's wrong, and she asks me to help her save Nebby. Nebby cries on the bridge, and she says that those Spearow are attacking it. However, she's too afraid to go out there, and her legs feel like they might give out. Giiiiirl, I don't have a Pokemon either, what makes you think I'll go out there? ...Fine, I'll do it, but you owe me, girl! I carefully walk on the unsteady bridge up to Nebby, and put my body over it to protect it. However, as the Spearow attack, Nebby unleashes its power, destroying the entire bridge as I fall to my death! However, a mysterious Pokemon comes out as it strikes like lightning, deflecting the Spearow and saving me and Nebby from our demise! We then gaze upon it as it roars, soaring back up into the night sky...

Okay, what the fuck was that?! Was that Tapu Koko?! Forget Arceus here, Tapu Koko for the win!

The girl is happy Nebby is safe, and asks if it used its power again. She says that last time it used it, it could move for ages after that. She doesn't want to see it like that again, but then apologizes to Nebby, knowing it was trying to save her that time. Not only that, but she couldn't even help it in return. Nebby wanders around, and finds a sparkling stone. The girl picks it up, and is grateful to me for helping them out of that dangerous spot. I ask who she is, and assumes the stone belongs to me, so she gives it to me. She begs me not to tell anyone about seeing Nebby, and that it's a secret. She tells it to go into the bag, and it does. She is about to leave, but then worries she might get attacked again by some wild Pokemon or something, so she asks if I could see them back to town.

We head back to town, and Kukui waves to us, asking if I missed the kahuna. However, I ended up finding his assistant, and sees that we already met. She introduces herself as Lillie, and Kukui introduces her to me, saying I just moved here to Alola. He tells her to take good care of me, and she asks if I'm also one of the professor's acquaintances, and says it's nice to meet me. Over in the distance, people are happy because the kahuna is back, and that Kahuna Hala has returned. They claim him as the guardian's chosen one, and is one of the strongest Pokemon users in all Alola. Hala appears, and asks if he missed something. Kukui says he didn't, but asks where he went off to, because he thought we were meeting here. Hala says that he is the kahuna of this island, and whenever there is a problem on the island, it is his duty to resolve it. He asks Lillie if she said anything before, and for some reason, he thought he saw Tapu Koko flying about. Lillie says that Nebby was being attacked by Spearow on the Plank Bridge when this by (Myself) helped it get away. Okay, hold up! You tell ME to keep Nebby a secret, but then you end up telling Kukui, Hala, and almost the entire village about it? And this boy? This boy just saved your sexy-ass! It's ya boy Trevore! That's my name, don't wear it out, okay? She continues, saying that the bridge collapsed, and she thought both of us might fall to the bottom of the ravine... and that's when the island's guardian deity swooped in to save us. Kukui is shocked, saying that's something you don't hear every day. Hala explains that although it is said to protect us, Tapu Koko is a rather fickle creature. Yet, the guardian was moved to save me. Hala tells Kukui that they have cause to celebrate, and it seems like he should entrust me, a brave and kind young boy, with a Pokemon of my own. He says that they'll make a fine trainer out of me, and introduces himself to me as Hala, the kahuna of Melemele Island. He welcomes me to Alola, and says that Young Kukui had told him of my coming. He is glad we got the chance to meet today, and sends out the Pokemon I can choose from. He first introduces the Grass-type owl, Rowlet, who turns around in a circle. Next, he shows me the Fire-type cat, Litten, who meows. Last, he presents me the Water-type seal, Popplio, who smacks his fins together. He asks me what Pokemon I choose as my partner, and I pick...

You all knew this was coming, but I'm picking Litten, the one I wanted since day one! It's black and red, it's a cat, and it's a Fire-type. Hell yeah, we're ready to go!

I pick Litten, and Hala says that only when we have both chosen each other can we truly call each other partners. I then stand on the stage with Litten in complete silence, and Hala announces that they shall see if little Litten there also decides to choose me. After a long staring contest of some curiosity... Litten runs over to me and I pick him up in my arms! Lillie is shocked, and Kukui is happy. Litten sniffs me curiously, and Hala sees that little Litten has accepted me as well. Kukui says that having accepted one another, Litten and I will surely be friends for life. I then name Litten Tony, and Lillie says that it's nice to meet Litten. Nebby ends up outside of the bag, and Lillie is surprised. She knows that Kahuna Hala and the professor will keep it safe from any harm, but it should still stay in the bag and out of sight because it's safer that way. She tells me I chose a wonderful Pokemon, and tells me to take very good care of it. Kukui tells me that now that I've got a Pokemon, I'm a real Pokemon trainer! He gives me a lovely gift from him to help make it special by giving me a Pokedex. However, it's blank.. He explains that a Pokedex is a real high-tech kinda tool that can automatically record facts about any Pokemon that I meet. He says that my new partner Litten is already registered, so I should check it out. He also gives me the Trainer Passport that he had put together for me. He tells me to go introduce my new friend to my mom.

I decide to visit Hala's house now, and I see a bunch of Pyukumuku in the bathroom near the toilet. That is fucking disgusting!!! I also talk to a few people who talk about sumo, something they do whenever 11-year old kids aren't holding a sacred battle for Tapu Koko. I also learn of Hau, a boy whom is related to Hala. I learn that Hala is too soft on him, because when Hau was just a little boy, he once saw Hala in a real fury, and Old Hala's face was so terrible that the boy burst into tears. Hala couldn't even do a thing to console him, and that's why he's been holding something of himself back in front of Hau ever since that day. Damn... that's crazy. I also sit on Hala's throne before I leave. Damn, this guy must be a pimp in his spare time or something, shit!

I head back outside, and However, Kukui realizes that somebody is missing, and just when I am about to go back home to my mom to show her my new cat (Fuck off, Meowth!), a young boy shows up and just randomly challenges me to a battle without even introducing himself! However, Hala and the rest of them show up, and asks him where the fire is, and he tells him what kind of a Pokemon would that be where he doesn't even give a name first, so he casually introduces himself as Hau, and his partner is Rowlet. He says that my Litten is really cool too, and I ask if he likes Pokemon. Okay, how the hell did he know I started out with Litten? This dude is weird already... he then challenges me to a battle, and says that he couldn't wait for me to find my way to Iki Town, so he was looking all over for me. Lillie then says that she doesn't really like to see Pokemon battles where Pokemon can get hurt, but she'll watch for me. Awwww, thanks, girl! Kukui is pumped about my first battle, and tells me to just have my Pokemon dish out some moves and see who wins. Hala appreciates me being wiling to take on his grandson, and expects a no-holds-barred battle from the both of us. With that said, I challenge him, and the battle begins.

Pfffft. You have a Rowlet? Then who the hell is supposed to be my rival, Professor Kukui or some shit like that? Get real! If he lost to Kanto gym leaders, then he wouldn't last a chance! And you won't either! It would be a miracle for you to play with fire, kid! But fine, I'll give you a chance. Let's dance!

Pokemon Trainer Hau sends out Rowlet, while I send out Tony, who actually has EMBER. Yup, he's dead. I go ahead and spam Ember while Rowlet strikes with Leafage, a grass-type move. Is that all you got? LOL get burned. After one more Ember, Rowlet gets wiped out. Tony levels up, and I win the battle!

Hau doesn't even care he loses, and starts jumping up and down, saying that the battle gave him chicken skin. Bruh, calm down, you lost. He says my Litten was awesome, and decides that he's going all out tomorrow. Yeaaaaah.... Get wrecked. Just then, my bag shines, and everyone notices the sparkling stone in my bag. Hala asks me if I would be so kind as to give him a look at it. Just then, with my soulless face, I give him the sparkling stone. He is shocked, and Hau calls him Tutu as he asks if it means what he thinks it means. Hala asks to confirm if I was rescued by Tapu Koko at the bridge, and I say that's when I got the stone. Hala is amazed, as Tapu Koko even deigned to give me a stone. He assumes that I am here in Alola because this is where I am meant to be. He asks me if he can borrow the stone for now, and tells me not to worry, for he will return it to me tomorrow evening. He also adds that I have the makings of a fine trainer, and I must do them the honor of joining in their festival tomorrow. Kukui says that first, he'll make sure I get back home safe today, though. He tells Lillie that she should come with us too, as he wouldn't want to go losing her twice in one day, her or that precious Pokemon of hers. Lillie says that she'll keep an eye on Nebby... but then it appears right behind her, smiling and all. Lillie IMMEDIATELY turns around, and shouts at it, telling it not to escape the very moment that it was told not to wander off. Everybody laughs, and I head home.

I head inside my house with Tony, who immediately meets Meowth with just as much hate as I do. Meowth, I KNOW you be trying to fuck my mom. Don't do a brother like that, homie! Mom welcomes me back, and asks what kind of Pokemon I got. She tells me not to keep her waiting, and Tony presents himself. She thinks she is falling in love, and asks why I chose this sweetheart. Ummm, because he is clearly the better cat. You think you are in LOVE with him now? Just wait until you see his final form. He will wipe the floor with Meowth, because he is the alpha cat. She says that he is definitely cute and cool, and adds that we look great together. She even feels happy just looking at the pair of us. Meowth walks up and is confused, while Tony is ready. Yeah, Meowth, you already KNOW you're about to be replaced. Don't be scared, fight me, bro! With that said, I sleep for the next day to come.

Awwww yeah. My first Pokemon, and it's Litten. We are gonna be LIT in Alola, people! No doubt about it!

Current Status:

litten.gif

Litten

Name: Tony

Level: 6

Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl

• Upvote 3

Chapter II: The Festival Of Tapu Koko!

The Next Day...

Mom stretches for the sunset, and says that today is the day she can finally unpack... Wait a minute! You said that about yesterday, damnit!  The doorbell then rings again, and she just tells me to go see who it is.  Ummm, why can't Meowth do it, or why can't they let themselves in?  Kukui did, so why not? I go to answer the door, and sure enough, Kukui just lets himself in again.  Damnit, Kukui, why can't you just wait outside?  Does NOBODY show respect for privacy here in Alola?  Wait, I can't say anything, I do that shit myself.  He says that it's time we set out for the festival, but first, now that I'm a real trainer with my own Pokemon and all, he's gotta show me something out in Route 1.  Mom and Meowth show up, and Mom tells me to have fun at the festival.  She's sure I'll have a good time with my new Pokemon pal, and she promises again that her and Meowth will be sure to unpack every last box here. Meowth acts like he doesn't want to do it, and Mom says that unpacking will be the death of her.  With that said, I leave.  Meowth is probably gonna be 'unpacking' with her while I'm gone, so what's the point of me coming back?  I mean, I probably have to at some point, but for now?  I'm outta here!

I head outside, and Kukui tells me to hurry up.  He tells me to pretend I'm a Pokemon and use my Agility.  I head over to another part of Route 1, and Kukui reviews about wild Pokemon.  He says that now that I have Litten here, I can not only fight wild Pokemon, but also catch them as well.  He teaches me how to catch a Pokemon by sending out Rockruff against a Pikipek. He attacks, then throws a Pokeball, catching it.  He says that wild Pokemon do sometimes attack people if they get close, but catch them, and they'll join my team and be a great help.  However, if my Pokemon get all tuckered out by fighting for me, I can just head home for a bit.  If I ask my mom, he's sure she'll let me and my Pokemon rest up at home.  Or I could use some potions.  He gives me some Pokeballs and potions to get me started out, by giving me 10 Pokeballs and 5 potions. He tells me to have a little adventure of my own to Iki Town, and tells Tony to take good care of me.  I go ahead and begin my Pokemon-catching quest by catching a Ledyba and Yungoos.  I name them Spots and Donald Trump.  Let's face it, guys... you knew that was coming, too.  I then pass by Youngster Jimmy, who has an Alolan Rattata.  THIS IS OBVIOUSLY THE ALOLAN YOUNGSTER JOEY, HOLY SHIT.  In two hits, Tony knocks out Alolan Rattata, and I win the battle.  I also battle a lass who says that she's super close to her sister, which is a Caterpie.  Did your sister, turn into a fucking Caterpie?  Bitches...  Tony knocks it out in one hit, and I kick her ass too.  I then battle more wild Pokemon to level up Tony, and battle a preschooler.  Seriously?  They STILL let little kids battle with Pokemon?  What's next, I end up finding some on Victory Road? If there even IS a Victory Road?  I kick his ass, and he cries like the constipated little brat he is.  I then catch a Pikipek and Caterpie, name them Toucan Sam and Butterfucc, and head straight to Iki Town.  Yes, I am a horrible person.  That was well established a long time ago.

When I head to Iki Town, I see people running around, then Hala comes up to me and says that the Alola region is made up of four islands.  Each island has its own guardian Pokemon, and the festival today is held to express their thanks to these great Pokemon guardian deities for always remaining by their side.  He says that they may call it a festival, but it's just this small thing I see here.  He also adds that there may not be many of them, but at least every last one of them goes all out.  I walk over to Hau, and he wonders how I’m doing.  He thought I would never make it, because he and Rowlet have been waiting for ages.  Considering how long it’s taken me to actually start playing Moon again, I completely agree with you, Hau!  Thank you, Captain Obvious!  Hau sees that I don’t know what’s going on tonight, and just then, Kukui and Lillie arrive, and say that they’re right on time.  Lillie wonders what’s going on as well, and Nebby wants to get out of the bag again.  Lillie shuts Nebby up, and Kukui explains that it’s a full-powered festival, and they battle in the name of Tapu Koko, pitting their best moves against one another in friendly competition to please their guardian.  HOLD UP, you mean we get to sacrifice Pokemon AND their trainers in order to please a Legendary Guardian?  I know who I’m sacrificing first!  Lillie asks if Hau and I will be taking part in the battle, and she repeats that she doesn’t like seeing Pokemon fight one another, since they end up getting hurt, but since it’s an important event, she’ll watch.  Hala walks over to me, and says that my Pokemon have fought for me, so I should show them the same care in return.  He heals my Pokemon, and asks me if I’m ready.  I say yes, and the festival begins with Hala’s speech…

“For all life on our islands… and for those who undertake the island challenge with joy in their hearts… we pray for your protection… for them and all Melemele.  May this Pokemon battle be an offering to our island’s guardian deity-- Tapu Koko!”

IN THE BLUE CORNER… we have Hau, grandson to the kahuna.  Booooooooo, you fucking suck, Hau!  IN THE RED CORNER… we have Trevore, one who has met with Tapu Koko.  That’s me, ya boi Trevore!  Hau and I both get on the stage, and everybody is shocked that I met Tapu Koko.  My mom waves in the audience, telling Tony to take care of me.  Hau tells me that as long as we both have a good time, we’ll call it a great battle.  Hala then tells us to bring forth the power of our Pokemon, and the battle begins.

Hau, I’m sorry to do this, but it’s SACRIFICING TIME!  Tapu Koko will be pleased with your soul, may he have mercy on it.

Hau sends out Pichu, while I send out Tony.  Tony burns Pichu down with two Embers, while Hau sends out Rowlet.  After two more Embers, Rowlet goes down too, and Hau and his Pokemon are soon to be sacrificed.  I’ll see you in hell, Hau!

Hala says that it was another great battle, and bets Tapu Koko liked it too.Hau says that was awesome, and he had a blast fighting me.  Hala says that it was a good battle too, and even Tapu Koko enjoyed it.  Hala then rewards me with the Z-Ring that Tapu Koko gave me before.  He explains that my Z-Ring, a mysterious armband that can draw out the power that lies deep within Pokemon, can bring forth their Z-Power.  He explains that kahunas can make them by refining stones like the Sparkling Stone that I received from Tapu Koko.  However, he adds that until I collect more Z-Crystals during my island challenge, I will not be able to draw out the Z-Power of my Pokemon.  However, I already received the Sparkling Stone, which means that Tapu Koko has taken quite a liking to me, or perhaps it has a mission for me.  Kukui adds that it’s time for me to get out there and start my island challenge, and if I visit every island, maybe I’ll figure out what that mission is.  He explains that there are four islands, and I’ll travel to each of the four islands here in the Alola region.  In addition, the island challenge is about aiming to be the strongest trainer, the island challenge champion.  Hau is pumped, and he can’t wait to have a real adventure.  Shut up, Hau, you’re supposed to be in hell.  Kukui says that he’ll explain the island challenge later.

The festival ends, and Hau and Hala return home.  Kukui, Lillie and I set to return home too, but Lillie stops me, and says that Tapu Koko is amazing.  She hopes she can meet it again someday and thank it for saving Nebby, who tries to get out of the bag AGAIN.  Oh yeah?  I saved that fucker.  Lillie tells me that it saved my life as well, and it even gifted me that sparkling stone, even though I’m a complete stranger to this place.  Kukui waves, and says it’s time he gets us home, and Lillie says that this is goodbye.

Mom and I return home, and Meowth is happy to see my mom.  However, she’s surprised I made it back home too, as if I wasn’t following her.  She thought I’d want to stay in Iki Town longer… Mom, I KNOW you better not be fucking that horny cat!  She was especially captivated to see her own boy fighting in such perfect sync with my Pokemon.  She thinks that maybe it would be a good idea if I tried the island challenge.  It’s something I can only do in Alola, but right now she’s got a date with her bed, she danced her feet off at that festival.  More like a date with Meowth in BED, right, MOM?  I go to sleep and heal my Pokemon, while Mom has a wonderful with Meowth in the next room.

The next day… (That fucking cat…)

I wake up, and head outside, where I see my mom basking in the air outside.  Just then, the doorbell rings, and mom says that if it’s Kukui, he’ll probably just let himself in.  However, I head outside, and it’s actually LILLIE.  THANK you for not barging yourself in, girl!  She tells me in photo-eidetic memory to bring him that great new trainer.  She tells me that she’s here to show me the way to his Pokemon Lab.  Just then, mom steps out of the house to give me money.  She then sees Lillie and meets her, calling her cute.  She knew Alola would be a great place for us, and we just keep meeting wonderful people here.  Aye, you have your eye candy of a professor, as long as I have my cutie patootie.  That’s what’s UP!  Lillie bows and nervously thanks her, and introduces herself.  Mom says that it’s finally time for me to shine, and to enjoy myself out there with Tony.  She tells me not to be gone for too long, and she goes inside with Meowth to have fun with each other some more.  Lillie then comments that I have a very nice mother.  Almost too nice…  She says we should get going, and I follow her.  She says that Kukui lives in a place surrounded by grass so he can research moves better when he’s so surrounded by Pokemon.  And since Lillie is not a trainer, she has to rely on using repels constantly.  Just wear a fucking hazmat suit if you’re that scared of Pokemon!  She condescendingly says that repels keep Pokemon from attacking.  Lillie says that Nebby, or Cosmog, seems to be a very rare Pokemon that came from far, far away.  She adds that it seems to have a very strange power, and it used that power to save her once when she was in danger.  However, some people, other people, want Cosmog for themselves, to use that power.  That’s why only Kukui and Hala and other people she can trust know about it.  She begs me not to tell anyone else about Nebby or what happened on the bridge, and we head onward.  I battle the trainers and when I make it to Kukui’s Lab, I see and hear what I make out to be either rough-housing or really hardcore sex.  OKAY, HOW THE HELL DID MY MOM GET OUT OF THE BACK TO GO BANG THIS GUY?!  THESE FUCKERS ARE REALLY GOING AT IT AT THE BREAK OF DAWN!  Then again, I hear Kukui telling ROCKRUFF to give him everything it’s got, and his body is ready.  Oh, so he’s into THAT stuff... Okay.  Well, that’s ONE THING he and my mom have in common.  Next thing you know, THOSE TWO will be getting it on like that.  And Lillie acts like they do this every night.  Probably when he’s not banging my mom, they are, same with her and that damn Meowth!  Lillie explains that the Pokemon Research Lab has its own unique charm, which I agree with.  She’s actually been imposing on the professor here for the past three months, and she’s not much of an assistant, but it’s the least she can do to pay him back for letting him stay.  Though she’d be more help if she were a real trainer too.  Just then, the house shakes again as Rockruff lets out a loud roar.  Lillie bitches that she JUST patched the roof, and now they’re going to have to patch it AGAIN, and she JUST cleaned his lab coat, and now it’s gonna be in shreds, so he’ll have to buy a new one.  She says we should go in before he causes any more damage.

We head inside, and it’s actually cleaner than expected.  See, I KNEW he was having rough stuff instead of roughhousing, otherwise shit would have been DESTROYED.  Kukui greets us, and thanks Lillie for bringing me here.  Lillie acknowledges him, and reminds him that she’s his assistant.  Kukui says that Rockruff’s moves were just so stylin’ and he was making good progress with his research.  He asks me for my Pokedex, and asks me what I think of the place, which is looking pretty GROOVY if you ask me.  Kukui says that’s not why he called me here, but he says that it finally arrived.  “It” being a Pokemon inside my Pokedex called Rotom.  Lillie explains what Rotom is, with a body made up of plasma.  She explains that it can take up residence in machines, and Kukui chimes in, saying that it’s the next generation of Pokedexes, but it’s only complete once Rotom has gone into this body specifically developed for it.  He says that it’s a whole new way for people and Pokemon to communicate, and there’s only a few of these beauties out in the world so far.  Kukui then powers up the Pokedex with the pars that he just got in, and Rotom springs out, startled.  Kukui calls Rotom, and tells it to get in its favorite Pokedex, and to give me a Helping Hand.  Rotom then dives in the Pokedex, and Rotom springs to life as a talking Pokedex!  Kukui says that Rotom has taken a liking to me, and Lillie asks how this will help, and Kukui explains that I haven’t been in Alola too long yet, so he decided to give me a Rotom Dex to help me navigate around.  Kukui explains that I can see where I’m headed just by looking at Rotom, and if I give it a little tap, I can even check out the town map!  Just then, Hau walks in, and greets us.  Why are you not in hell yet?  He says that the salty breeze sang to him and brought him here to us.  He then goes right ahead and plays with Rockruff, and sees a loft, which Lillie rushes over, claiming it’s private.  She says that the professor has been kind enough to let her use it.  Kukui says that if you see a person or a Pokemon needs help, you just help them.  That’s why he’s letting Lillie stay up there in the loft.  He then says that he’s leaving the Rotom Dex in my hands, and tells Rotom to look after me.  Hau says that the Rotom Dex is cute, while Kukui explains the rules of the island challenge.  He says that it’s my chance to become the strongest trainer around--the island challenge champion.  He says that it’s the adventure for me and my Pokemon together, and and Lillie explains there are four main islands that make up Alola, and a kahuna for each one of them.  She explains that if I wish to be recognized by the kahunas as worthy, it’s said I must clear seven trials.  I’m hoping that’s not seven trials each…  Kukui then says he wants me and Tony to get out there and give it a shot.  He says I was able to fully use my Pokemon’s moves in my very first battle, and thinks I must have a talent for drawing out Pokemon’s strengths.  Fuck yeah, I’ll do it!  He says that as someone who’s dedicated his life to studying Pokemon moves, he really wants to see me out there meeting all kinds of Pokemon on my island challenge.  He then gives me a challenge amulet, saying that everybody on the island challenge gets one.  Hau says that he got one from his grandfather too, and Kukui tells us to get a move on to the Trainers’ School.  OH LORDY, IS THAT SHIT REQUIRED NOW???  HELL NO!  I WANT TO BURN THINGS!  FUCK SCHOOL, I’M TOO COOL TO GO BACK!  He says I’ve gotta learn the basics of being a Pokemon trainer through battling.  BUT I ALREADY KNOW MY SHIT!  He says that it’s a long road to becoming the island challenge champion, and the Trainers’ School is the first step.  Kukui asks Hau, and all he wants to do is PLAY WITH THEM.  Fucking pussy, he is!  Lillie sees that this is how the people of Alola connect with the world around them.  Kukui tells Lillie to take care of me, and until I get used to Rotom, to help me find my way around.

After THAT whole cutscene, I find Rockruff gambling with Snubbull and Stufful, and Kukui considers Pokemon to be his family.  I head upstairs to the loft, and find a Murkrow.  So help me, I would catch this right now…  I head downstairs, read his books, and see another tube with Luvdisc.  I also see a Poliwhirl near a punching bag, and I see Kukui’s PC.  I guess this is where he goes after a long, hard day of work.  then leave the lab.  After I leave the lab, I see Lillie next to the Pokemon Center instead of a guy with his Tauros.  She shows me the ropes, and introduces me to Nurse Joy.  She also says she can’t stand seeing Pokemon in pain, and she shows the PC.  She also shows me the Poke Mart, which is once again in the same building, and on the left, she shows me PokeStarbucks.  Seriously, that’s what it is!  She then suggests that we go to the Trainer’s School, but to heal my Pokemon if I need to.

I then head to Festival Plaza, because I have been DYING to trade with my bro a few Pokemon I got from my girlfriend.  However, I then meet a Charlie Brown-looking motherfucker named Sophocles, and he explains that I can communicate with friends here.  How do I know that you can trade with people here?  Because I know.  He then asks me as a favor to liven up the place, and I talk to another guy.  He gives me Festival Coins, and he shows me the facilities. I talk to more people, and level up the Festival Plaza to two.  After Sophocles explains everything, he leaves because he has business to take care of.  With that said, I leave too.

After I leave Festival Plaza, I get my Greninja from the demo ages ago and the items I got from the demo.  With that said, I am ready to go to school!

I’m ready to learn, bitches!

Current Status:

I do have other Pokemon, but I’m not gonna use them.  I’m not even gonna use Ash-Greninja for this playthrough, I don’t think.  Maybe in the future, but for now, nah.  However, very soon, I will get another Pokemon for my adventure!

litten.gif

Litten

Level: 11

Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl, Lick

• 8 months later...

Chapter III: Learning In Trainers’ School, And The Beginning Of The Island Challenge, Captain Ilima!

I follow Lillie to the Trainers’ School, but then… “What in the world?”  We see a FUCKING TAUROS blocking the damn way without any adult supervision, which means we can only go to the Trainers’ School.  Lillie leaves the Tauros for someone else to deal with, and we head to the Trainers’ School after I catch an Alolan Rattata and name him Fatigan.

When I head inside the Trainer School area, I see Kukui a genderbent Cheren from Black and White 2.  No seriously, look at her.  Same kind of look, but with glasses!  Just like from Black and White!  Apparently, Kukui JUST somehow passed us, but he welcomes us to the Trainers’ School anyway.  I bet he was having some Pokefun with THAT trainer too.  Just can’t keep it in your pants, can ya?  The teacher asks if I’m the child he told her about, and he tells her to put me through the wringer.  Oh, but that’s not the fun part, I have to battle four trainers in a row!  He then gives me the Exp. Share this early in the game!  SERIOUSLY?  I’m gonna have fun with this thing…  He explains what it does, and the teacher says that the trainers who will take part in this lesson may be inside or outside the school.  Oh, so it’s NOT consecutive.  Thank you, teach!  She also suggests I visit the classrooms, because I’ll be sure to learn a lot.  The lesson begins, and Kukui says that the teacher doesn’t look tough, but she trains her kids right.  He also mentions that one of her students is even a captain.  He then advises that once I’ve fought a species of Pokemon once, I can easily see what type of moves will work best on it in my next battle.  Battling wild Pokemon helps, kids.

I head to the corner, and battle the little kid, and then battle the girl outside.  I head inside to fight a toddler, then I head back outside after that to battle the kid on the battlefield.  After I beat him, he decides to be pretty, and gives me TM01 Work Up.  Lillie arrives, and the school bell rings.  The teacher announces on the P.A. system to call me to the office on the second floor.  Lillie jokes around, and asks what terrible thing got me called up to the office so soon.  I could say the same thing about yesterday… Just a quick tip, getting called up to the manager’s office at work?  Never fun.  However, in terms of this regard, the only bad thing I did was kick the asses of four little kids!  I then head to the office, but not even at the office, I’m congratulated by the teacher, who actually wants to battle me HERSELF.  I accept her request, and battle her.

Teacher Emily sends out Magnemite, while I send out Fatigan, who I switch out for Tony.  Tony burns her Magnemite with two Embers after it paralyzes Tony with Thundershock.  Emily sends out Alolan Meowth, while I send out Fatigan, who keeps Tackling Meowth until it’s down.  I win the battle, and Emily is just in awe at my victory.

After the battle, Emily is still in awe, and says I should take over as teacher for her.  In other words, I became the master, and she became my bitch.  Deal with it.  Joking aside, she gives me five Great Balls, which is even more hilarious.  Kukui arrives with a kid who’s way too fabulous, and the guy greets himself as Ilima.  Hold up, this kid is a dude?  Yup, waaaaay too fabulous.  To boot, he’s even a Trial Captain.  He couldn’t help but observe my battles, and says I looked so very delightful in battle that he had no choice but to summon me here.  Kukui introduces me to him, and says that I moved here to Alola from the Kanto region.  He says I’ve got the moves, and I’ll go far.  Ilima looks forward to seeing my moves in his trial, and adds that trial captains are the ones who conduct the trials I will face on my way to challenging the island kahuna.  Ilima tells me that his trial is held in Verdant Cave, and I can find Pokemon living everywhere, even in the patches of tall grass in Hau’oli City.  He suggests I should fill out my team a bit before attempting his trial, and he looks forward to my challenge.

After Ilima leaves, Emily reveals she reported the Tauros to the authorities.  Kukui says that the guy’s Tauros is pretty much a celebrity, and dismisses me from school.  The P.A. goes off, and announces I completed my lesson at the Trainers’ School.  We head outside, and I’m sent off on my journey by everyone.  Lillie even sees I’ve come close with my Pokemon, and decides to show me more of the city.  Lillie walks with me, and says she was impressed seeing how I battled with my Pokemon at the Trainers’ School.  Even when I wasn’t a trainer yet, I was able to save Nebby,and I was chosen by my Pokemon so quickly, and she understands why.

Just then, we look at Tauros being harassed by Hau, and Hala notices us.  He and Hau are here to pick up Tauros, and he lets me pet Tauros first.  I pet Tauros, and Hala says Tauros already loves me.  He says that Pokemon become happier when we show them some care.  Just then as they walk away, Dr. Seuss himself says I’ll go places, and as I do, I’ll meet more Pokemon and people who will enrich my life, and Hau waves to Hala.  Just then, Hau reveals he is a pussy and says even though Tauros is cool, it scares him, and he doesn’t want to ride on it.  Hau asks us where we’re headed off to, and Lillie tells him she’s showing me Hau’oli City.  Hau wants to tag along because he’s hungry, and just then, Hau already runs ahead.  Now why the fuck do you have to invite yourself, you little pussy?  Lillie says that Hau’oli City is the biggest city in all Alola.

We head to Hau’oli City and Hau already hits up the beach, trying to get the ladies.  Oh wait, he doesn’t.  A lady does ask me if I’ve come a long way from somewhere to get to Alola, and she teaches me how to greet people.  “Alola!”  Yup, fucking stupid.  That’s like greeting people in Hawaii with “Hawaii!” instead of “Aloha!”  Now I’m not trying to be a scumbag when I say it, but I just feel something’s a little off here.  I then talk to a man who’s appreciative of Wingull and their droppings.  So…  Pokemon can shit confirmed?  I head to the shopping district, and Hau finds me, pretty much saying that Alola is the best place to live.  We head inside a shop, and Hau gets me a special item for my Rotom Dex, which is a surprise because literally nobody else has one yet.  They give me a Poke Finder, which is basically Pokemon Snap 2.0.  Hau says I’m lucky, then he leaves.  I also find a guy who wants me to find ten different species of Pokemon, which I already did.  He gives me ten Ultra Balls, and I leave.

Turns out Hau was waiting for me outside, as Lillie arrives too.  After we visited the tourist bureau, Rotom pops out, and takes a picture of us.  GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BAG, ROTOM!  After I shut Rotom up, Hau goes off to get food, and Lillie goes shopping.  But then some grown-ass man shows up right as I’m about to go shopping, and shows me the crack in the wall.  Too bad I can’t just smash the wall, but oh well.  Turns out that’s a photo spot, and so I go ahead and take pictures of a Pikachu and a Growlithe.  I then continue onward, and see Lillie at a clothes store.  She asks me if I pick out all my own clothes, and I tell her my mom does it.  I mean, I’m digging the Team Aqua look, but I want to pick clothes for myself, damnit!  My mom was an Aqua fangirl the whole time.  CONFIRMED!  Turns out Lillie loves the way I dress, and says my mom has a great sense of style.  She then reveals that she’s always just worn the clothes that her mother wanted her to wear.  Haha, she doesn’t know fashion.  She gives me something because apparently, she was the 99,999th customer to visit the store.  Well slap my ass and call me Mary, what do I get if I was the 100,000th customer?!  She gives me a Lens Case, and says we have something in common, leaving on that note.  I then go inside and proceed to buy clothes I like, and change my eyes to blue.  I also take off my hat because FUCK hats!

I then go into the Pokemon Center, buy 20 Pokeballs, and talk to the people at the Pokemon Center, including one who I think is a hooker, but all she wants me to do is catch a Drifloon.  After that, I decide to go wonder trading with my girlfriend and other people and get a bunch of good Pokemon.  After I wonder trade a bunch, I see two people talking about a group of thugs called Team Skull, loitering around the Marina.  And of course, they were reported, and it’s what happens when young people have nothing to do and too much time on their hands.  They call Team Skull useless, and say that all Team Skull does is drag trainers into battles they don’t want and try to steal people’s Pokemon.  Okay, I can’t say I would steal people’s Pokemon, but I think they’re being VERY hypocritical about dragging trainers into battles they don’t want, because EVERYBODY does the same damn thing!  Team Skull is rumored to try sneaking into the trial site to steal Pokemon to sell, but they’re failing every single time.  Of course, when I go try to talk to these two, they’re just being casual and acting like they didn’t say shit.

When I pass by a huge house, I find out that it’s Ilima’s house, and his ROOM?  His room is on FIRE!  TWO COMPUTER SCREENS?  HOT DAMN!  I leave the house, and make my way to the city hall to explore.  I then leave and continue, where I find Hau stepping out of the malasada shop.  He explains that the malasada helps boost your Pokemon’s affection, which is pretty neat.  Now he just wants to go down to the Marina and scream out to the world about the island challenge.  I then find TM49 Echoed Voice, and head to the Marina.  I find Ilima, but then…

“Yo yo yo, check it!  Whenever, wherever we meet you, Team Skull doesn’t even greet you!”

Two thugs wearing Team Skull get-ups show up, and do their skull pose, telling Ilima to give up his Pokemon.  And just like that, they are COMPLETELY ignored, because Ilima just keeps talking to me instead of them.  Grunt A asks him why he’s trying to act hard when they’re already hard as bone out here, and the two furiously pose at us.  Ilima isn’t too scared, and doesn’t stand their shit.  Ilima tells me to take care of the one on the left, and he’ll deal with the one on the right.  BITCH, I’ll drop BOTH those sorry-ass motherfuckers right here!  All he sends out is a Zubat, which I drop with Tony.  After that, Ilima beats the other one, and the two leave, saying no one has to know about this, and shrugging it off, saying they don’t need Ilima’s Pokemon.  Ilima thanks me for helping him, and heals my Pokemon as thanks.  He admits he’s been wondering about me since he saw me at the Trainers’ School, and he’s still shocked I was able to defeat their teacher so effortlessly.  He then challenges me to a battle, and begins.

I dropped those two Skull Grunts, I’ll drop deck you too.  Let’s go!

In a rainbow flash, Captain Ilima sends out Yungoos while I send out Tony.  Tony spams Ember, eventually burning Yungoos, but Ilima spams potions to save it.  Eventually Tony knocks it out, so Ilima sends out Smeargle while I send out Fatigan, who one-shots Smeargle with Bite instantly.  Told you I would drop you!

After I beat Ilima, he commends my team, and hopes I’ll come to Verdant Cavern and attempt the trial.  He says I can get there from Route 2, and Rotom Dex will show me the way.  I then head for Route 2, but Lillie stops me.  She’s glad to see a familiar face, and she breaks down right in front of me.  She has nowhere to go, can’t figure out the roads, can’t even buy her own clothes.  She’s shocked I’m moving on to my first trial already, and she explains that she read in an old book once that the island challenges were once a journey made to prove yourself and gain the strength to battle against the guardian deities of Alola, like Tapu Koko.  She wonders that if we meet it once more, we could find the answer to why it saved me and Nebby.  Nebby is happy to see me, as he tries to get out of the fucking bag again.  Lillie wishes me luck on the first trial, and hopes that it goes well for me.  I then see Hala calming Tauros down, and I pat Tauros again, making him happy.  Tauros then runs off, with Hala chasing after him.

I head to Route 2, battle a trainer, and head to the Hau’oli Cemetery, and battle the trainers there.  I head back to Route 2, battle the last few trainers, and find an odd house…  I pass it, and find a Delibird who just straight up steals my bag!  BITCH, give me back my bag!  I follow it to Berry Fields, but it looks like it wanted my help, because THESE motherfucking Skull grunts show up again with their fresh bars.  The berry man says that they won’t get a single berry from him, and Grunt A gets defensive, asking if he’s lower than a Pokemon, as he already has self-esteem issues.  They look at me, and get up in my face.  They recognize me, and say that I won’t be lucky if they get serious.  The berry man appreciates my help, but says that Team Skull does nothing but talk big and act small.  He tells me to carry on with the island challenge, and don’t give them a moment’s notice.  Daaaaaamn, these people give no SHITS about Team Skull!  Grunt A gets offended, as they’re literally standing right there.  Grunt B gets closer to me as well, as they threaten to steal my Pokemon along with the berries.  I then go ahead and whoop their asses again, and they tell me to stop trying to act hard, and they decide to go mess with Ilima again.  I bet they probably bully the poor guy.  They tell me not to forget them, and they run off.  The berry man is grateful and gives me an Oran Berry for driving off the numbskulls.  I head onward, and battle more trainers after I get more Pokeballs, and find Hau at the Pokemon Center nearby.  We head inside, and Hau says that Verdant Cavern is sacred to Tapu Koko.  It’s so sacred, you aren’t even allowed to go inside it unless you’re on your island challenge.  Hau then gives me three revives, and then goes to Pokebucks to get pumped before the first trial.  I find Ilima at the entrance to Verdant Cavern, and his trial begins mere steps from here in Verdant Cavern.  He advises I bring potions, but I’m like “FUCK POTIONS!”  He tells me that through attempting the trials during the island challenge, one can exceed his or her own limits.  What about non-binary genders?  Can they exceed their own limits too?  Be fair, Ilima!  Not saying I’m one, but still.  He tells me that once I enter Verdant Cavern, I will not be able to leave until I have completed the trial.  I then enter Verdant Cavern, seeing as I’m ready.

I enter Verdant Cavern, and Ilima welcomes me, introducing himself yet again.  Yeah… We know who you are, thanks.  We then see an Alolan Rattata crawl into its den, and he tells me to defeat three of them.  Once I do that, I have to reach the pedestal deep within the cave, and collect the Z-Crystal there!  He says that in order to succeed, I need to be completely in sync with my Pokemon.  He tells me that many strong Pokemon make their home in this cave, but one stronger and more fearsome than all the rest, known as a Totem Pokemon, also resides here, as it will be the greatest obstacle I face as I attempt to clear his trial.  He also mentions that until I clear the trial, I will not be able to catch Pokemon here.  He mentions that this is but one of the seven trials I will face during my island challenge.  With that said, the trial of Captain Ilima starts… now.  Tell me it’s not timed!!!

I go ahead and battle the Rattata in the den, and then after I find a revive under a rock, another one comes after me.  I pick up TM31 Brick Break, and I head out to find the last Rattata.  However, THIS motherfucker decides to be a dick, and just keeps popping out of holes.  After it avoids me at the third hole, I decide to get it at the one it’s gonna go to, but then these fuckboi Skull grunts show up, back again, and ask if I remember them.  I say that I do, and they’re both impressed.  Grunt A fights me one on one, and both deduce that I’m straight up dangerous.  They’re saying that the Totem Pokemon is so strong that regular Pokemon don’t even want to come out and battle.  Grunt B gets afraid, and Grunt A is telling him to go catch the Rattata.  The two block the other holes, but when I go to the one that’s unblocked, a RATICATE comes out, and it is FAT AS HELL, AND UNDERLEVELED AS FUCK.  I kick ass with Fatigan, but Tony actually evolves… into Torracat!  I’ll be honest, I wanted him to evolve at the Totem Pokemon, but I think Tony will actually kick ass as a Torracat now.  With that said and done, I head to talk to the island challenge guide, and head through to the heart of the cave.

In the heart of Verdant Cavern, I find the pedestal, and it has something shiny on it… the Z-Crystal!  However, I feel a piercing gaze that seems to cut right through me… but from where?  Just then, I see a bigass Raticate, and it is fatter than fat as hell.

This isn’t in the fat as hell category, this is OH HELL NO.  Time to wipe this fatass motherfucker!

Totem Raticate approaches, while I send out Tony, who is now a Torracat.  Tony strikes with Fire Fang, but Raticate slows Tony down with Scary Face and calls a Rattata to help it.  After Tony strikes Raticate with two more Fire Fangs, and Raticate goes down.  And before, they gangbanged Tony to death, I wasn’t having that.  After Raticate goes down, Rattata goes down after another Fire Fang.  With that said, Tony and I win our first trial!  

Ilima commends how incredible I am, and reveals that he trained up the Totem Pokemon to such a powerful state.  You mean to tell me that you drugged that fatass with steroids?!  What the fuck is wrong with you???  Working in harmony with my Pokemon, I have cleared the trial of Ilima!  He congratulates me, and says the Z-Crystal from the pedestal is mine now.  I grab the Z-Crystal, and get the Normalium Z!  Ilima explains that if I let a Pokemon that can use a Normal-type move hold it, and strike an elegant pose like the one he displays, then I’ll be able to strengthen a Normal-type move by unleashing Z-Power.  He also mentions that in every locale where a captain holds his or her trials, I will encounter a particularly strong Pokemon, like Raticate just now.  And during battles against such Pokemon, they may summon allies to shore up their offense.  He reveals it’s not a tactic often seen in other regions, and perhaps Pokemon in Alola are simply more inclined to help each other.  He says that since I have managed to defeat the Totem Pokemon and proved myself, I can now try to catch any of the Pokemon I find here in this cave.  He even gives me Great Balls and heals my team, too.  He then tells me that he has something interesting to show me in Route 3, but then just heads back to the entrance.

When I head back out to meet up with him, he introduces himself as Captain Ilima again.  We GET it.  You’re a fucking trial captain.  Just stop with the pointless cutscenes and let me explore!  He says that as I travel around the islands of Alola, I’ll find captains’ barricades here and there, and those barricades help mark areas where particularly strong Pokemon can be found.  Anyone can pass through them, of course, if they are escorted by a strong trainer.  Those attempting the island challenge can pass the barricades, as long as they clear the trials.  He then demonstrates the power of a trial captain, which means doing nothing while watching one of the guides open up the barricades in a flash.  Bravo, oh Captain Ilima.  Fuck off and let me explore!  He says that my world just got bigger, and reveals that he’s the only captain here on Melemele Island, which means his trial is the only one here.  Now that I have cleared the trial, I have to inform the island kahuna, Hala.  Kukui steps out from Route 3, and greets us.  Kukui looks at Ilima’s face, and sees I cleared my first trial.  He gives me a reward by teaching me about Z-Powers.  After he teaches me about them, he goes into a battle and demonstrates a Z-Move.  After Rockruff kicks poor Growlithe’s ass, Kukui casually explains that Z-Powers heap all of a trainer’s feelings onto a Pokemon.  So if I were edgy, I’d pour all of my feelings of hatred, darkness, and despair onto my Pokemon?  Wicked.  That’s why Z-Powers are only used once per battle.  Ilima then asks if that’s why Kukui’s been looking so ragged.

I know you’re a badass, Ilima, but DAAAAMN, that’s savage.

Kukui denies this, and says it’s like he was hit with Amnesia, and he forgot that he lost Lillie somewhere on Route 3.  He asks me if I can help look for her, and Ilima says that he can go and have a look around the cave for him, in case she wandered that way.  Kukui thanks him, and we split up to find her.  I battle the trainers on Route 3, and find a place called Melemele Meadows.  When I head inside, the land is filled with a sea of yellow flowers, and Lillie is worried because Nebby escaped the bag, which means I have to cross that sea of yellow flowers to get Nebby back, which isn’t too hard, except for all the damn wild Pokemon.  I grab Nebby and bring him back to Lillie, and she thanks me.  She heals my Pokemon, and she tells me something interesting in a book once.  She explains that a Pokemon called Oricorio changes appearance by feeding on the nectar from different types of flowers.  It doesn’t evolve, but undergoes a form change.  Lillie tells Nebby to get back in the bag, and says that the meadow isn’t an excuse to wander off.  We head back to Route 3, but find Hau at the entrance to the meadow, and Hau says he just finished up his trial.  Hau then wants to battle again, which I oblige.

Okay, Hau…  Third time’s the charm for you, huh?  Well, just know I’ll be whupping your ass again.

Hau sends out Pikachu, while I switch out Tony for Patch, who Fakes Out Pikachu, but gets paralyzed from Static.  After that, Patch starts Biting Pikachu until it goes down.  When Hau switches to Rowlet, who is still Rowlet, I send out Tony.  Tony bites Rowlet with Fire Fang so hard, it goes down, and with that said, I beat Hau yet again.

Hau is happy we both beat the Totem Pokemon, and sees we’re both getting strong.  He wonders if he’ll ever be able to beat Hala at this rate, and Kukui arrives, seeing that I found Lillie.  He thanks me, and asks Hau if he finished his trial too.  He bets Hau was fresh and stylish, and also bets that Hala’s probably rubbing his hands together in glee.  Hau explains that after you clear one island’s trials, you gotta battle that island’s kahuna.  Since Hau and I beat Ilima’s trial, we gotta fight Hala now in a grand trial.  Kukui says that nothing’s better than the chance to see some fierce Pokemon battles.  Kukui calls us back to Iki Town, and tells us to catch the Tailwind and blast through Route 3.  I battle the rest of the trainers on Route 3 after they leave, and I head back to Iki Town.

Oh yeah, Mr. Krabs…  I’m ready to fight the kahuna!

Current Status:

I evolved Tony, and caught two new Pokemon.  As you might have guessed, this is going to be a Dark mono run.  Buuuut, I’m thinking of making a Dual-typed run of Dark and Fire, just to spice things up.  Anyways, y’all thought I was gonna name Meowth Garfield, or were you expecting Heathcliff?  FUCK that!  STORY TIME PEEPS!

I named Meowth Patch because a long time ago, I used to have this really fat cat named Patch, along with a thinner cat named Callie.  Both of them were tuxedo cats, and as you can guess, they were both related.  Patch was Callie’s son.  Patch was named Patch because he had a black spot on one of his eyes (I forget which one).  Eventually, both of them passed on, lived long healthy lives.  Callie passed due to cancer, while Patch died through an unknown method.  He was found dead near the furnace, so I’d say he either died from heat exhaustion, or a heart attack, since he was so fat.  And with Alolan Meowth evolving into a fatass Persian, I thought Patch would be a fitting name in honor of my old fat cat, and as fitting for its type, dark, fat and black.  I love you kitty!

Oh, and you guys know how I'm doing these chapters now?  I've actually been writing them in a different document, then just importing them here.  It's how I keep track without losing anything.  Now this chapter would have been up ages ago, but I was lazy.  As usual.  And wonder trading.  How I love it so.

torracat.gif

Torracat

Level: 20

Moves: Scratch, Fire Fang, Growl, Lick

rattata-alola.gif

Rattata

Name: Fatigan

Level: 18

Moves: Bite, Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Focus Energy

meowth-alola.gif

Meowth