[Reborn Mod] Gen 7 Starters

phoenica

Since the reveal of Primarina i really wanted to play this pokemon in Reborn, but since it may take a while till Gen 7 pokemon will be officially included I added Gen 7 Starters myself.

Every move and ability of new Starters was added.

All graphical assets were made by users from pokecommunity, save from Icons which are from Bulbapedia.

Screenies:

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

DownloadLink:

DropBox

FAQ:

-Will you update this mod for Ep16?
- You bet

- Is it Finished/Stable? Will it make my game Explode?
- It should work just fine. Probably. I hope so. Shinies not included.

- Can I use it in my mod/something else

- Sure, just remember to credit guys from pokecommunity for their work :)
Also since i uploaded all data files, which would just override all your files, you might want to use THIS instead
(All source code and info how to add it inside)

Edited by phoenica
updated links

• Global Mods

Oh, cool! I thought it'd be a long time before anyone would start adding anything from Gen 7 . o . I'll add these to Spork.

EDIT: Wait, I misunderstood. I thought this entire project was done by Pokecommunity, but looking at the thread it seems like the sprites were but you added the data for the starters and moves and such yourself. Now I feel bad for jumping to conclusions and deciding to use them without even asking your permission first x . x Is it okay for others to use them for games besides Reborn?

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

"Shinies not included"

Apparently they are.

2r8tCvN.png

*resets anyway because terrible IVs*

EDIT: Oh, the mod does appear to cause one minor issue. Selecting the white-haired non-binary protagonist defaults to the black-haired male protagonist.

Edited by Alilatias

"Shinies not included"

Apparently they are.

Well like I said, I really like popplio line :)

But srsly, it was only pokemon line that had shiny done for every evolution, thats why I included shinies for it.

EDIT: Oh, the mod does appear to cause one minor issue. Selecting the white-haired non-binary protagonist defaults to the black-haired male protagonist.

Thats... weird. No clue what caused this. I rebuild files and it works now D:
Fixed version in OP. (kept link to old version just in case i broke something now)
Edited by phoenica

• 2 weeks later...

So basically all I have to do is to download the file from dropbox (Which has the whole core of Reborn game) and when I start the game, there will be the 7th generation starters along other starters.

Is that correct?

Edited by Rainlove

5 hours ago, Rainlove said:

So basically all I have to do is to download the file from dropbox (Which has the whole core of Reborn game) and when I start the game, there will be the 7th generation starters along other starters.

Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct

Edit 2: I figured it out! Brionne's sprite icon name was "icon0729.PNG" so just remove the 0 in it. Took me an hour and 30 minutes.

Hey, I have a glitch with Popplio's 

middle stage evolution. Every time I go to my pokemon I crash. Is there something wrong with it?

Edit: I saved the game (I don't know why) then I quit then came back now it crashes at the start. Says "Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: Runtime error occurred.

filename is nil".

halp

Edited by Selesia

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Would it be cool if I used this MOD to add these guys to my fan game?

The first post answers this question: 

"- Can I use it in my mod/something else
- Sure, just remember to credit guys from pokecommunity for their work :)"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
6 hours ago, Rainlove said:

What happens if episode 17 comes out? Can I update from this core to episode 17? It's not gonna crash?

Gen 7 is going to be in E17, so if you have a Gen 7 starter from this mod, the new abilities and moves will be in E17 and there shouldn't be any problems. 

46 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Gen 7 is going to be in E17, so if you have a Gen 7 starter from this mod, the new abilities and moves will be in E17 and there shouldn't be any problems. 

Depends on how the starters were coded as and how the Gen 7 moves were implemented. Naturally, I'd imagine that the mons will have both the same IDs in the PBS files as their Pokedex numbers, which will remain equal in both EP 17 and in this mod, so this shouldn't be much of a problem. The only issue here is that if any Gen 7 moves were added to this mod then odds are is that they'll have different IDs within the PBS files once EP 17 rolls out, so once the save data is transferred then the Gen 7 move will become a different one. If anyone's planning to start a game with this mod and then transfer over to EP 17, I'd suggest to only use Gen VI and prior moves in the mod and then use the move re-learner if you want your mons to learn a Gen 7 move. This shouldn't be a major bug, but when transferring Gen VII moves from a mod to Reborn proper you may end up finding some weirdness.s

To be fair there could be problem with abilities as well, since they have specific id as well... The easiest would be like sarum said, make sure that said pokemons don't have any abilities/moves that were added in this mod.
Well i didn't really think gen 7 would be added so fast so i didn't really take that into consideration. Anyway when E17 pbs becomes avaible i will TRY to get some sort of converter/fix,  so that anyone that played with this mod in e16 could play on same save file on e17 and no longer need this mod. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too hard.

Regardless, since I predict E17 will come out rather soonish (few months maybe? just guessing), I would recomend anyone that want to start new game with gen 7 starters, to just wait for new episode :D

11 minutes ago, phoenica said:

To be fair there could be problem with abilities as well, since they have specific id as well... The easiest would be like sarum said, make sure that said pokemons don't have any abilities/moves that were added in this mod.
Well i didn't really think gen 7 would be added so fast so i didn't really take that into consideration. Anyway when E17 pbs becomes avaible i will TRY to get some sort of converter/fix,  so that anyone that played with this mod in e16 could play on same save file on e17 and no longer need this mod. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too hard.

Regardless, since I predict E17 will come out rather soonish (few months maybe? just guessing), I would recomend anyone that want to start new game with gen 7 starters, to just wait for new episode :D

Abilities probably won't be that problematic. PE's engine treats moves and abilities in two different ways. Pokemon have their moveset assigned as an integer array of size four, and each of these moves have their own specific IDs, a mismatch in the mod and E17's id moves, say Darkest Lariat being n+2 in the mod and n+18 in E17, will cause the move to become another one. Abilities however can only be from a variable from 0 to 2, with 0 and 1 being the mon's first and second natural ability and 2 being its hidden ability. In the pokemon PBS file, the abilities for each specie is defined and thus the values of 0 to 2 are assigned to abilities by their ID name rather than number, so as long as Marcello and you have both put the abilities in the correct order, it should transfer without any problems.