How did you find out about Pokémon Reborn?

PedroHenrique

A few months ago while I was scrolling on 9GAG, I saw a post about Reborn being a very innovating fan-made pokémon game, checking the comments I ended up getting even more curious so I searched about it on youtube.

As I got to know more about the game, I kind of got shocked. I can be kind of a soft person, so the darkness of the game made me think, if I really want to play that.

I was very reluctant about it, but I started watching Shofu's playthrough, and I have to say, it really helped me, since he is constantly saying something funny it ended up making me see the game in a more lighthearted way, being that said, I still haven't downloaded, but I can't wait to start, as soon as the 16th chapter comes out I will download and start playing it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest when it comes to video games I can be a little bit masochistic; the entire reason I started playing this game was because of a post talking about how edgy this game was, and how ridiculously difficult it was, but you know I ended up liking the game and being more active here than I was in the old forum.

Found it through a friend, left it in the middle, started again, reached the fire gym realized I had no water types, started again now I got 6 badges and still playing a little everyday :P. Its a great game but honestly I really started enjoying the game once I was familiar with competitive pokemon since that helps a lot in strategizing in this game. My third playthrough so far has been infinitely smoother.

I wanted to play a well-developed pokemon fan game after playing Emerald randolockes for the 40th time

Friend mentioned it and a bunch of us played

Made a forum account because of a technical error

Came back a month later because I wanted to get back into forums and the community seemed good

The rest is (yet unmade) history

A friend of mine was playing the game and talking about it a lot. At first I wasn't really that interested, because from the way he talked about it, the setting just didn't seem appealing to me. But then he got stuck at a particular fight PULSE Abra that he lost what, two dozen times? And after that and his adventure with Dittoceus I wanted to play just to see if I'd fare better than him. I didn't expect to like the game, but I wanted to beat it anyway.

Ended up liking it a lot, but didn't have anyone to talk to about it, as my friend has a way of losing interest in things quickly sometimes. So I figured I might as well sign up here.

Normally I suck at getting into communities, but I've met a handful of cool people here who thus far have always succeeded in bringing me back.

I think I found out about it through the fan game list section of pokemon essentials. I just randomly downloaded it one day having heard nothing about it. When I saw how big the file was I nearly didn't download it, so I'm glad I did.

I'm also glad I got stuck as that was what prompted me to make an account here. If I hadn't I might never have gotten to meet some of the coolest people I've ever met. So yay for random chance changing my life for the better.

Same case as Jelly, really, found the server on Pokemon Online, actually signed up for Treehouse at first but then a week later, I joined Reborn while server hopping. It was around gen 5 right? The w e a t h e r g e n

• Developers

About once per year I got an urge to play a pokemon game and find some new fangame to play. About a year ago I found Reborn. I'll never understand how I managed to miss the best pokemon game ever created until just a few weeks before E15 community release. I wish I could have been around longer than that.

Someone from a server I used to frequent (and at one point was an admin for) would talk about the game constantly and eventually I decided to check it out. They're actually around here and active; maybe they'll know who they are. I, like many others, only made an account to report a bug and eventually decided to stick around.

• Global Mods

I actually found it twice. The first time I just either didn't remember or didn't pay much attention to the name.

First was on TV Tropes in very early 2014, where I saw the page for it. I looked at it but was turned off by something, but I can't remember what turned me off now. Then I found it again in December 2014 when looking at a "Fangames you should play" list. I'd already played most of the games it recommended and I think Reborn was the only one I hadn't.

There are two details I remembered from the TV Tropes page that when I saw in game I was like "Hey, this is that one game from that one page I saw half a year ago!" The villain boss attacking people with his Garchomp, and the Fairy leader not identifying as male or female.