[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

You awaken on cold, flat ground - rock? Yes, it's rock, of a somewhat odd bluish tone, but rock nonetheless. Around you, sheer cliff faces rise up jaggedly, choking the amount of sunlight that reaches you. The place you're in seems roughly circular; there's two breaks in the natural walls around you. One of them seems to lead up some sort of path; you can't tell whether it's natural or not. The other is the main source of the light that does reach you; there's a strange, ominous castle in the distance, but you can tell even from this distance that it's crumbling as time grinds at it.

You vaguely remember going about your life - whether it was mundane or heroic - before something spoke to you; something about it needing help, and then you woke up here. Looking around, there are several others in this place; maybe they know more?

"This is new... I don't think The Dragon sent me here. Gallary, where you at?!"

"Right here boss!"

"Let's try and get an idea of where we are, what's around us, and what isn't nailed down, shall we?"

Pluck examines the area in closer detail. What is Immediately around them?

Edited by Hal Henderics

Agh...my back...we must be on a mission. It seems we made it through another night...poor Sylvester... this has been really rough on him. Edmond Cooper opened his eyes, and blinked twice. Where are we again? He closed his eyes again. He had no recollection of the place in which he had awoken. He had not gone to sleep surrounded by cliffs. He had drifted off the previous night to the chatter of machine-gun fire, in the midst of an intractable forest with his comrades.

A memory drifted across his mind. He had experienced a strange dream in the night. What was it? A call for help? There were reasons...right? I agreed to something. It all made sense then...I just can't remember. Someone needed help. That was all he knew.

He opened his eyes once more, and began to scan the cliffs. Bare, probably granite? It's almost a circle... He then shifted his attention to the ground, and saw numerous...people all in various states of waking up. For a brief moment, he wondered if it might be his comrades. No. They aren't. They must also have arrived in the same way which I did. He was still unsure what to do, so he slowly crawled over to one of the cliffs. He sat, back against the wall, waiting, and observing.

Edited by Strider

Pluck Punches the cliff wall near something that looks unstable.

When this fails, he looks for a rock to throw at something that looks unstable.

"I think we may have found a clue Gallary! Yes I can understand you! I am trying to get that junk down, and the Parrots's Name is Gallary! I am Pluck!"

Edited by Hal Henderics

Edmond moves along the cliff face until he is about 10 feet away from Pluck.

"Pluck? I'm Edmond Cooper. It's a pleasure to meet you...and your parrot." He pauses for a moment. "How did you come to be here?"

Edited by Strider

"Well, my usual motus operandi is teleportation, I am sent to places containing valuable unclaimed or unguarded or guarded but isolated treasure to claim to pay off my debt. Considering there isn't anything but rocks and rusted junk here, I have to assume that I don't really know how I got here. I heard some voice asking for help."

"I go where Pluck Goes!"

"Ah. Do you need some help? I... yeah I do have it. I have a welder. It might be able to cut that thing out." Edmond stops for a moment. "Actually, it might damage the gear." He offers his arc welder to Pluck, along with the back-mounted power source.

A heavily cloaked figure rises from one side of the area. It comes up unsteadily, and seemingly almost toppling over before it rights itself. Its hunched, and the proportions seem slightly off. "Where is this?" a grating, clearly artificial voice sounds from beneath the hood.

Bridgett rubbed her head as she woke up after hearing talking. "Ugg..if I'm going to wake up on some stone it sould be after a good night not something i can't remember." she thought as she listened to the talking.

She was about to say something when a cloaked figured emerged form the one of the sides. spooking her as it spoke causing her to keep quiet.

A young-looking girl in business-like clothing looks around, trying to figure out who she's been dumped on the ground with. She staggers around briefly, trying to remember what, or how, she got here in the first place as she holds a hand to her temple to steady herself, instinctively reaching for something in her blazer pocket before stopping herself, remembering what she'd been trained to do.

>Is this the.....mission I was sent on? I can't remember.......<
"W-where.....am I?"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Katsuo

Katsuo awoke flat on his back, uncertain of exactly what had happened. The most he could remember was someone asking him for help. Never one to turn down a request, the next thing he knew he was in this place.

"Damn." He grumbled, "This is what I get for helping people."

He sat up and looked about. There was a surprisingly large number of others about. There must have been a lot of help needed.

"Oh lovely. People. People I probably have to work with."

The ruby earring on his right ear spun around a few times. Gwaedu indicating her opinion of his attitude.

"No, I don't like it."

Gwaedu bounced a couple times.

"Just be quiet, we don't have time for this."

The earring went silent, but the way she did it felt less like compliance and more like defiance. Katsuo still wasn't sure how she managed to make him feel like he'd always lost every argument. He shrugged it off, he really didn't have time for that stuff. More important was figuring out what was going on. To that end, he figured getting to the spooky castle place was a good start.

"Hey, I'm going to go check out the dangerous-looking castle. Anybody want to help?" He announced.

Upon closer inspection, the break in the cliffs toward the ruins shows that the ground ends there; there's quite the drop between you and any potential path from the castle, though it's not so far down as to be totally impassable if one went about it carefully.

Laying down on the ground, Jade lifted up his hat only to immediately push it back down. "I've been drink too much sarsaparilla. This must be a dream." He waited a few moments for him to wake up but then these people around him started chatting. "Eh, if I'm dreaming I might as well go along with it." And by go along with it he means keeping down and just listening in on whatever they're talking about. Now, arms behind his head he listens in to this "dream" to see how exactly it'll turn out.

Magna arose from the ground, immediately on alert. Being undead, the lack of light wasn't an issue, nor was waking up. Her eyes glowed eerily red through her mask, as she became aware of several other life forms. Despite somehow being kidnapped, she still had her scythe with her. If whoever transported her here intended harm, they wouldn't have given Magna her weapon.

"Where was this?" she thought to her. "Abraham's going to be furious at me for leaving my post."

She looked around the area, her surroundings being enclosed by sheer cliffs. She moved towards the light source and stood at the edge of the area. Looking down into the chasm, she couldn't see a bottom, despite not being affected by the lack of light. She still had her mask and cloak on, so she could still masquerade as a mortal for now. From her skeleton, a female voice could be heard.

"It doesn't appear like there's any way down this cliff. The distance is also too far for other means as well." She pointed in the opposite direction to the other opening. "It would appear there is only one way out, and that's the path back there."

"It doesn't appear like there's any way down this cliff. The distance is also too far for other means as well. It would appear there is only one way out, and that's the path back there."

"Umm, its not actually. " Bridgett said quietly to the lady in the mask and cloak. "Well for me any way i could get over there, and maybe carry one person across." she said well casting her eyes down blushing. "...never mind its probably a bad idea any way." she finished doing her best to hid after speaking.