End of an Era

Amethyst

Might as well make a reemergence as well. especially after I went through and wiped nearly every thing I posted up to 6 years ago

Glad to see some site changes around. Any way of getting a look at what the new format will look like?

Edited by Noivy

I'm actually pretty excited to hear that stuff like name changes and title changes will be free from then on. I have to admit it felt a little silly to have to spend so many rupees just to change the meaningless words above one's avatar. And being able to gain exp even if you're not super active on the forums will be a great improvement.

Same question as Dobby was asking, though - do we start from scratch, or will our rep, post count, account details etc be retained & we get exp we already earned?

Edited by Ama

• Administrators

I'm back from several months of non presence so....could anyone link me the reborn discord?

https://discord.gg/beVQ7Dy

Well this sounds awesome; so will the new site look different, or does it still have the predominantly black colour scheme?

it's a new theme, but it's still black.

however another benefit of the upgrade is that it means it will be practical to install entirely different theme selections again like we had in the (distant, eight years ago) past. that probably will not happen right away though.

This sounds like it'll be pretty. c: But, if sprites are back even after the update without sprite shop, will it just be free sprite stuff?

it means y'all are left to your own devices for finding sprites. that's the common form of such things in most places though.

Same question as Dobby was asking, though - do we start from scratch, or will our rep, post count, account details etc be retained & we get exp we already earned?

Current Aces retain that status. Aside from that, EXP isn't retroactive, so it's only from then on.

Post count is retained, account details are retained.

Since rep is going to factor into EXP (and also we're making it a bit more limited than it is currently so people can't just spamspam upvotes), we might be doing a reset of reputation? I can't remember if we made a decision on that or not.

On topic though, I hope the shoutbox will be preserved, if not improved :)

The status feed? Definitely still there. I think there's also a separate one that only shows statuses for people you follow? I heard that, but haven't found it yet tbh. Also there is a way to report them now.

• Upvote 1

• Support Squad

Since rep is going to factor into EXP (and also we're making it a bit more limited than it is currently so people can't just spamspam upvotes), we might be doing a reset of reputation? I can't remember if we made a decision on that or not.

Rep really doesn't amount to much

but pls i wanna be reminded how much people liked my shit