Make Your Own Pokemon Fan Game

domzzdomzz

In the presence of all these fan games that we really enjoy so much...

If you were to make your own Pokemon fan game, how would it be different from other fan games? How would the storyline go? Would you make your custom sprites? Will you create fakemons? What would be its frontlining features (i.e. number of gyms, obtainable pokemons/fakemons, difficulty level)? What would you call it?

Let the creativity begin...

If look over the fact that I don't have the time, creativity, skill and whatnot to create such a thing, the thing I would do differently from others is that I would make the game short, perhaps 4-5 hours at most, and tell a relatively story-centered game where you already play a trainer with a pre-built team though with the possibility of customizing it a bit through finding pre-leveled Pokémon, and having all the previous events implied through dialogue, as in you're starting in the middle of a story that has begun a while back, and then you're playing through the climax of said story.

... A name you say? I don't know, Pokemon;Ascension, or something?

I don't have any skill for making a Pokemon fan-game but I really want a Reborn/Rejuvenation/Desolation style Pokemon game with medieval-setting which involve the trainer more with introducing trainer customization and trainer stats.

The trainer stats would be like: stamina and/or drowsiness which works similar to Harvest Moon stamina stat; Power, Defense, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Agility which add stat to each Pokemon team member's Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed respectively in a way similar to how EV add stat to Pokemon. The trainer stat can be customisable with trainer customization such as Armor or other accessories. The trainer also can train for their stat similar to how EV training works in Pokemon. The trainer also has level for the level cap instead of badges.

Such game would be hilariously difficult to make (if not impossible) and even if it's possible it will take forever to be fleshed out correctly.

On a side note with Gen VII introducing Alola forms, I think it'd be neat to have regional variant of Pokemon as 'fakemon'. Just make sure you have a great designer~

*cue naivety and unrealistic plans*

Personally, I'd like my fangame closer to the main games in that, it doesn't have a particularly deep, or good storyline. My story focus will be on the details of life in each and every area in my region, from small towns to big cities. Both the positives and the negatives will be shown to make them more memorable. Kind of like the anime, you go around each area, solving their problems.

In the game, you'll also encounter an Eco-Terrorist group called Team Nature, whose goal is to return Dayan to the aboriginals and the wildlife, and force the immigrants from various lands who came in different periods out of the island. They plan to summon the superancient tree spirit (Most likely a pure Grass fakemon) that guarded the land by obtaining all 24 emblems of the aboriginal tribes living here. However, most tribes have already went down with history, with their emblems now in the possession of collectors and museums. The remaining tribes have their chiefs guard their own emblems with their life.

There would also be just eight gyms, located in towns and cities. Why? Because I don't want my game to be too ambitious and grand. Of course, there'd be the problem of unfair representation of each type, but we can't have everything, can we?

The starters would be Horsea/Magnemite/Budew. Horsea and Magnemite would be modified as stone evolutions, evolved by simply using Dragon Scale and a new device called "Amplifier" respectively.

Shiny Stone, Dragon Scale, and Amplifier will be distributed in different points of the game, due to concerns of balance. The player would receive Dawn Stone a bit earlier than Dragon Scale, and Amplifier comes much later on in the game.

The story: Your parents decided to move from Sinnoh to the island region of Dayan due to work. Before you left, you brought your childhood friend (starter) with you. Your new residence is located in the capital city of Dayan, Gala City. You'll travel around the island counterclockwise, by the request of your father. During your adventure, you'll help out the locals and fight the Eco-Terrorist group known as Team Nature. The gym leaders are optional and can be challenged at any order you like and any time you wish, but their teams will be scaled to match your Pokemon's levels. There will be hard level caps based on the plot's progress, instead of badges. Eventually, you'll reach into the mountains in the middle of the island, find out Team Nature's hideout, and foil their plans for good.

After that, the game's essentially over, with the postgame consisting of various battle facilities at landmarks, such as Gala City's own Battle Tower, Dargo City's Battle Mall, and more. If you've collected all eight badges, you can also challenge the League, whose HQ is situated in the center of Gala City. Or, alternatively, you can scale Mt. Jade, the tallest mountain in Dayan, and a grueling dungeon for those who like to take on Victory Road-esque dungeons. There might also be a superboss waiting for you on its peak...

I'm expecting the players to hit around Level 60 by the time they beat Team Nature (beating the main game). The difficulty will be around medium-hard. The game won't have all Pokemon available. About 300, I'd say.

I'd call my game Pokemon Camphor.

I don't have the tools necessary to make the game, obviously, so this is merely something on paper.

Also region based off Taiwan because shameless advertisement

I lack the technical know-how to make a fan-game, but I'd want to make a fan game with a bananas Metal Slug-esque military setting. Either that, or a fan game set in a feudal Japan inspired setting.

In the former case, gameplay segments would be separated into missions. At the start of each mission, you'd get to pick a Pokemon load-out to take with you (a team of two level 50 mons) and as you got further, more missions and load-outs would become available. The goal would be writing stupid scenarios you'd only find in an SNK game.

In the latter case, the player character'd be a ninja and they'd have to assassinate different Shoguns to get pieces of some sort of legendary Pokemon summoning McGuffin. The biggest gameplay gimmick would probably be something like Insurgence's delta mons i.e. a Fighting/Steel Farfetch'd with a katana, a Dark/Grass Sceptile with kunai, etc.

Yeah, I'm playing Muramasa Rebirth.

I've got another wholly original idea for a Pokémon game.

It'd have a dark setting, probably a polluted city, and the surrounding area. Many Pokémon species would be extinct and only available through difficult to obtain events based on time, weather, randomness and whatnot. The game would include a level cap for Pokémon so that people couldn't level grind excessively, and the gym leaders would be very difficult from the start, and have 6 Pokemon and use real strategies. And while the main character is conquering the Gyms he'd be fighting a villain team, let's call it Team Comet, who'll be scary and an actual threat. I'll even include a new form of Mega Evolution called "Oscilation forme" used by Team Comet which corrupts and kills Pokémon they use it on. I'll even include an impossible to beat boss-fight against a levle 70 Dragonite early on, though some people will inevitably beat it. I'll also base all the characters on historical figures, to lend the game some authenticity.

And the game would be called Pokémon Rebirth. Personally I think the game would be a hit.

Edited by Tartar

Technically speaking, I have plans for a fan game, but I doubt I'll ever do anything with it. That's why instead of making it a game, I'm re-purposing it into a story.

It would be called Pokémon Shattered, by the way.

I've got another wholly original idea for a Pokémon game.

It'd have a dark setting, probably a polluted city, and the surrounding area. Many Pokémon species would be extinct and only available through difficult to obtain events based on time, weather, randomness and whatnot. The game would include a level cap for Pokémon so that people couldn't level grind excessively, and the gym leaders would be very difficult from the start, and have 6 Pokemon and use real strategies. And while the main character is conquering the Gyms he'd be fighting a villain team, let's call it Team Comet, who'll be scary and an actual threat. I'll even include a new form of Mega Evolution called "Oscilation forme" used by Team Comet which corrupts and kills Pokémon they use it on. I'll even include an impossible to beat boss-fight against a levle 70 Dragonite early on, though some people will inevitably beat it. I'll also base all the characters on historical figures, to lend the game some authenticity.

And the game would be called Pokémon Rebirth. Personally I think the game would be a hit.

Woah, that sounds cool... someone should make this a thing.

My dream game, to create or play, is a game centered round a Pokemon Academy. I've seen a couple of attempts at this but nothing very well done or going past conception. Heavy emphasis on story, relatively short to beat, and great characters. Maybe if once I'm done with my current game I'll work on this. Another concept that's similar is a camp type setting. I used to write so much awful Pokemon Camp fanfiction back in the day I've always wanted it to be a game. Would be really cool and different.

Edited by Sunbean

Aside from the one I'm working on, the most ambitious fan game I would ever want to make would be one where trainers fight alongside their Pokemon, literally. Invoking bad TVTropes references here, but it's like a simple game of chess, where your Pokemon serve as chess pieces to protect you, the "king", since you as the human are the most fragile team member on the board. Maybe even you could have stats - mainly defense and special defense, but potentially attack and special attack if you as a trainer are allowed to use weapons in battle - to help protect yourself against your enemy's Pokemon.

Granted, that would probably have mechanics closer to Pokemon Conquest or SMT: Devil Survivor (or even Fire Emblem), but that would make it even more strategic. Trying to place your Pokemon so that they - and you - don't get hit by your own pokemon's Draco Meteor, making sure not all of your Pokemon can be targeted by one AoE attack....needless to say, battling would be a bit more dynamic than your usual battles. Status conditions would be even more brutal too. If speed determined how many turns you could take before an enemy moves (a la games like OFF which have action bars), then poison or burns could do even more damage, sleep could be shaken off twice as fast, and paralysis can make or break an entire battle.

As for specifics.....I'd say the region would be the Noctus Region. The team would potentially be Team Alpha, who would be stealing Pokemon in order to build up an army (just like every other team ever) and rule the region with an iron fist. Knowing me, I'd probably throw in some tidbits about how the Noctus Region isn't receiving help from the other regions because the other regions don't approve of the Noctus League's rules (being allowed to fight with your Pokemon is dangerous!!), or something along those lines. There'd probably be eight gyms, because having all eighteen is way too ambitious for somebody like me, and it would definitely be easier than Reborn or other fan games, especially for people who don't play map-based strategy games very often. It'd probably have the same amount of edge, though, since you kind of are battling other humans. Can I get a hell yeah for accidentally killing somebody?

• Global Mods

I'm already making Spork, and completing it would be enough to make me happy, but I have had a few other ideas I've thought of for games.

1. A prequel to Spork where the player is a Sea Star. I've planned some of it out in case I decide to do this. This would show important past events like the beginning of the Pokemon League in the Ceolis region. The player wouldn't be challenging the league, since the league formation would be the end point of the prequel and there was only one Champion before, so the player dethroning him would contradict that. In the player's journey they would end up meeting some of the future Gym Leaders and E4 and battle them under different circumstances, though. (death isn't a thing in the Spork universe, so some characters who look like young adults are Really 700 Years Old)

2. Parodies of the official games based on name puns. For example, the RBY/FRLG parody would take place in the Canned Toe region (with gray walls replacing trees in some maps to represent it being canned). Your rival is Glue, a literal bottle of glue. Gym Leaders and E4 have different types since they have different name puns (although Misty is still Water, since her name pun is Miss Tea).

3. Pokemon Meme Version. Starter is Mudkip, since the professor herd u liek them. Levels go over 9000. The main legendary is an ogre that represents love and life. When you beat a Gym Leader, the guide at the entrance says "Damn champ in the making, back at it again with the badges." Two villainous teams: Team White and Gold, and Team Black and Blue, who argue over what colors a specific legendary Pokemon is. When you enter the Hall of Fame, you're congratulated on being the 1,000,000 visitor and when you win a battle the "Congratulations, you won" sound effect plays. The bike is a unicycle that turns you into a Greninja when you ride it.

3. Pokemon Meme Version. Starter is Mudkip, since the professor herd u liek them. Levels go over 9000. The main legendary is an ogre that represents love and life. When you beat a Gym Leader, the guide at the entrance says "Damn champ in the making, back at it again with the badges." Two villainous teams: Team White and Gold, and Team Black and Blue, who argue over what colors a specific legendary Pokemon is. When you enter the Hall of Fame, you're congratulated on being the 1,000,000 visitor and when you win a battle the "Congratulations, you won" sound effect plays. The bike is a unicycle that turns you into a Greninja when you ride it.

That sounds like a fun idea for a one-off mini game, I'd love to unironically play this.

Ive already started making DarkLight. Which is different in its own way, but was inspired by the games here. My ideal storyline for pokemon fan games go a little bit darker, like reborn level (but a little different), but it still maintains its goals for the story. I would prefer gym leaders with tough strategized teams rather than just giving them a team of a type. My storyline involves secrets from its past which I wont reveal, but it will be discovered as the player progresses through the story.

The idea for my game came from numerous inspirations, and I originally wrote it as a story, but I decided to make it a game instead. Its initial gym count is un-decided yet but I'll have it decided by the time the first demo is released.

if I had the skills to make a fan game, I would ditch the standard 8 badges thing and have it in a war setting. The protagonist would be a fresh recruit and would raise in rank which would be the badges in this game, but they won't necessarily be the result of fighting a powerful trainer. I would include some fakemon and legendaries, but the legends would be late game. I would also include a select number of pokemon to be mounts and add follower pokemon. It would also be very dark, more suitable for teens and adults, not children.

Edited by Katia

maybe a game with double battles only and the difficulty of pokemon reborn, cause i like doing double battles. i tried making a pokemon hack but i didn't really have to drive to learn the inner workings and intricacies of hacking, or the creativity to make tiles/pixel art.

my game (if i could make one) would focus around double battles, the story would be influnced my norse mythology (more specfically the yggdrasil mythos) with the flagship legendaries being the kalos trio (yveltal xerneas zygarde) since they represent creatures that live in/on the tree. The main overworld would take place in midgard and before you say OMG ff7 take a look at this

tumblr_nei6imD9BM1tdrlpto1_500.jpg

I suppose the flagship villain team would be called Team Fenrir, in the mythos Fenrir is a giant wolf feared by the gods and foretold to kill odin during the ragnarok. The ragnarok quoted from the wiki is

"a series of future events, including a great battle, foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile the surviving and returning gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors"

i'm just going to replace norse gods with the legendaries that have the similarity qualities to said god, with Odin the all father being arceus. The foundation of the plot from that is pretty much laid out right there.

So the motives of this team is pretty much straight out of any pokemon game ever, destroy the world and recreated it cause blah blah blah HAM FISTED MORALS HAM FISTED MORALS. I'd probably play around with the idea of gmys being replaced by something else. Pokeballs have to be made by collecting acorns (like in gen 2) and bringing them to a black smith, pokecenters would be replaced by inns (which really would function the same just with a dragon quest layout). Again the battle system would always be double battles, so i'd maybe add a few new moves, change up some existing moves and abilities so its not to frustrating.

Edited by Pluto

Well I wouldn't know if this idea is out there or not but I was thinking a storyline based on the upbringing of various trainers from start to finish. Basically you start off at the pokemon academy and go through various trials in order to graduate and become a trainer. For npc interactions I was thinking of a more buddy system so that players could have the opportunity to have a partner that isn't temporary for a particular setting. Players would have the chance to bond with npc characters during their playthrough and would possibly have to do buddy missions and so on to build up the affection meter. In this instance the gyms would be tag style unless they are forced to battle separately. The league could also be tag style until you reach the champion. Meaning that the npc also has to battle the champion or gym leaders before or after you. There will also be organizations and other criminal escapades going around in the meantime and maybe a few deaths may occur here and there. Not sure if it's an actual plot but it's simply the life of a trainer and their road to greatness or a simple life. The academy also has quizzes and tests but in the event you don't pass, the player has the option to either battle the examiners along with a fellow student in a tag match or drop out and join an organization or become a criminal.

The villain route will involve terroist attacks, stealing of pokemon, killing off unnecessary or potential obstacles in your or your affiliation's way along with other naughty deeds. Though there is a chance for the player to seek redemption and change their ways if they so choose to or even get the npcs you've formed a bond with to join you in your villainy. I would like all pokemon to be available if possible and there will be events for a selected bunch (some of which may require a sacrifice or so). Some buddy quest may require you to battle your rivals/friends or help them with their problems (simple stuff perhaps. boss battles may be included). I would like to have a travel option to the various regions so players could partake in events such as pokemon leagues, battle frontiers, pokemon contests, pokemon musical or theatre if that tickles your fancy, pokemon tournaments along other things (although the player must beat the league of a region in order to advance to the next one). A national pokemon league wouldn't sound too bad as you get to fight all types of powerful trainers (not sure if players would like characters from the main series as well as Red and Blue and so forth). Since some gym battles are tag based, either a custom trainer or an npc gym aide would be along with them. The national league champion would be a custom trainer who'll be helping the player in certain instances and predicaments without revealing that he is a champion. Artificial limbs would also be a thing for both players and npcs since accidents and so do occur after all. More things could be implemented but that's all I got for now at least. Though I'm pretty sure a game of this caliber would take a monstrous amount of time to produce.

I would do a multi-region experience set in the traditional regions. My dream is a game where you can play through all 6 regions, but that likely wouldn't be possible for a game like this.

The story would be basic enough, but with a major twist. The evil teams are sick of being beaten by a 10 year old and are banding together into an army to over through the current government and establishment.

The player character's family would be part of the establishment and we would at first work to help our parents but at some point (likely alongside their death at the hands of the evil team) we would learn that the world isn't as it appears and the evil team may actually be the best thing for this world.

I would not have any fakemon, and I would take great care to make sure rare and interesting pokemon are spread along each route, especially early.

I would probably stick with vanilla sprites and just create a custom player character sprite, mostly because the narrative itself would be a massive undertaking and I wouldn't have time for other efforts.

Starting up a project like this is something that crosses my mind every few days, especially because I see how massively popular games like this can be if done right.

But ultimately, I know next to nothing about actually creating the game and every time I start to learn I realize it would take me just as long to learn to make the game as it would to make it.

Maybe some day.

I have actually been working here and there on my fan game. I made a post about it ages ago but I haven't added any details to it since I have scraped and reworked a lot of the things I've originally planned on putting in my game. My game is set in a region named Zhyion, it's a relatively peaceful place where life is usually very calm and comforting for both the Humans and the Pokémon alike. However not everything is as it seems in this so called Paradise. There are some rather shady dealings taking place in the underbelly of the Zhyion region which will eventually be exposed. Unlike a lot of games I've played, the fate of everyone and everything doesn't entirely rest with you. You'll need help from Friends, Family, and others if you wish to even stand somewhat of a chance versus the evil that is about to rear out it's head.

My game is going to be Chapter based with the first being the Prologue. Will only contain one Gym, but several sidequests, optional quests, the usual story progression, The battle house, which is a place where you can go after to beat the gym for chances at earning more loot and bonus rewards. And an achievement system which I won't go into detail with now but just know that it's very rewarding. No release date set yet, been working on this game for awhile now, and have been having issues with creating certain things as well as taking inspired/Motivated. But I've come way too far to pull the plug now, so for now all I can say is.. Maybe Someday...

Wanted to post a screenshot of my title screen but can't for the life of me figure out how to properly work this forum, if anyone could help me out that would be great . Haha

Game is called Pokémon Conspiracy in case you were wondering :)

Edited by Enigma Shot U

I would do something based in a giant city, like Reborn City crossed with Las Vegas. The gyms would be sponsored by different companies within the city, with some of the leaders being corporate mascots. The villains would be James Bond-esque, and the player would infiltrate their hideouts in mini stealth segments. I would love to make this, but I have neither the time nor the talent in order to do so :P

I would probably call it Pokemon Neon.

Mine would probably be based off of a small story concept I thought of.

Human, I know you can hear me and I know you are confused but... Time is of the essence.

Our worlds are threatened by my rebellious child.

My child, Giratina has taken the four princes, Manaphy, Celebi, Jirachi, and Mew. The first three have been turned to stone, the last has been turned into Giritina's puppet.

Without the princes of sea, earth, star, and life my other children have been sealed away and our world has been thrown into chaos. The denizens of our world have been enslaved in an ancient device and sent to your world.

In front of you is a ball. Touch it and release the creature held within. You must bond with this creature and recruit others like it, only then will you be able to find the princes and enter my world to face Giratina.

If you don't...

It would be...

The...

Apocalypse.

It would pretty much be Pokemon sent to OUR world, I just had this prompt idea and not much else but I think your characters wouldn't know what Pokemon are so moves and Pokemon species names would be described by someone who didn't know what they were talking about. Like Arcanine would be called "Fire Hound" or Uproar would be called "Scream as Loud as you Can."

A game where you are an Orphan in a City, and you join a street gang. The Storyline would be dark, and you would have to fight your way up the ranks of the Gang. You get 6 pokemon in your party at any time. Most of the pokemon will be available for use, from the beginning, and you would be able to build your dream team, or a smogon based team, or whatever team you want. There would be a level cap for each rank. This Game would be open world, but the story would be engaging, as you fight alongside other Trainers to win a gang war, or defeat some higher powerful threat or something.

This game would be somewhat like what Ride To Hell, retribution was supposed to be, but it would be far better than what we actually got from that travesty.

• 1 month later...

I would probably make my very own region and stuff. I would try to make it not campy like the real games and not EXTREMELY HARDCORE like reborn (feels, so many feels). Sue me for this, but I would mix in some fakemon in it as well. Pokemon has so many different outlets for their designs and some are based on inanimate objects, so why not. As for the region, I'm thinking fantasy medieval with a touch of steampunk i.e. Halls Moving Castle and the like (apologize if it's not steampunk, but what do you call those weird flying things the army uses in the movie?) The reason for travel and the gyms and elite four could be replaced with a squire to knight to general type tale where instead of gym badges, you get ceremonial daggers as key items that can be equipped to pokemon for special abilities. Personal favorite idea, follower system. Let say half way through the game you meet token side-kick and they want to follow you in your adventures like Brock and Misty, then they follow you and do special things like being a HM person or maybe a mobile PC for pokemon boxes (I would nerf it by having only one follower at a time). Not to mention now every battle you have that isn't scripted as a single is now a double battle. I want the starter city/village to become like a secret base in other games were as you progress you gain more prestige for the town which makes it better to the point where you could theoretically get ultra balls there, while great balls everywhere else. Lastly bad guys, the kingdom is under threat by three major forces, Devote of a false god (Helix protect us), Barbarians from another region and/or nearby islands, and Dragons. Dragon Type pokemon will be antagonists in the game and are thus uncatchable, side for a select few and this does not count post game (go nuts dragon catchers). This is only a rough idea for it, but i think it make a pretty interesting game. I would put choices in this, but then you have to think about each and every choice and what would that entail, so I'll leave that out of this.

EDIT:

Forgot to say this while putting game system here. The name would be Pokemon Royal Onyx (Not the pokemon, the gem stone), there would be hopefully 100 fakemon, give or take, and it would be from 1 as in a "pokemon game(fake)" to 5 as in "Reborn Nuzlocke", I would give it a 3 maybe 4

Edited by 0verl0rd001

• 3 months later...

If I had the time and ability, I would make a game where the player starts with a full team of Pokemon, all on lvl 50, including a Charizard nicknamed "Charr" ... and while exploring a cave, an explosion causes the player to lose 5 of his pokemon, while "Charr" sacrifices himself so that the player can escape from the collapsing cave ... then the choice between three "emergeny starters" (Aron, Ghastly, Sandile) that were left behind in an abandoned building a long time ago, before the player makes it back to civilization ... and from there on out pretty much a standard pokemon game, only the story centering around finding out why exactly the cave exploded and bringing the ones who are responsible to justice ... or to take bloody revenge for the fallen Pokemon.

No Fakemon, but custom sprites for the Pokemon of the Rival and the Gym Leaders (Scars, Accessoires, etc.). Also, at least on Gym Leader would actually be an adorable couple: Rick and Frank. No real reason, but Pokemon definitely needs more gay. ^^

And I'd call it Pokemon: Midnight.

Edited by Hologi

• 3 months later...

Idea I have had for a while, which would combine two different games, Pokémon: Overwatch Edition. The time is even more into the future, after the time the game is currently set in. Pokémon appeared on Earth, and the use of Pokémon by Overwatch has given trust to the group. Now, you, along with a group of recruits are now flying to the Overwatch headquarters in King's Row, to receive a pokemon to eventually join the Overwatch team. I did like the style of Reborn, so I would take a lot of that game and put it into this one, including 18 gym battles (one for each type), field effects, and tall buildings. And since this takes place on a future Earth, a lot of flying too. It would also be fun to use canon evil teams, like Talon and Null Sector, as the evil teams of the game. I also like the idea of having the plot drive itself through missions that the player has to go on in different parts of the Earth (and space). That way I can easily introduce characters, and have it seem like a more cohesive Overwatch experience. Additionally, I am thinking of setting up the gym fights so that you can only earn a gym badge from an Overwatch agent if you battle them in their home country. For Example, if I were to script a Tracer gym battle, I would want to set it in England, so it would count. So to answer the questions, how would this be different: it has Overwatch characters as gym leaders, as well as partners to help you battle the enemy teams. Custom Sprites: yes, and quite a few of them if I am planning to include Overwatch characters, Omnics, and Null Sector. Fakemon, One of the things that I would love to include are Delta Pokémon, similar to Pokémon Insurgence, only a lot more of them. The fanmade Holon Dex, as well as all the spriters who choose to make these delta pokemon in their free time, are a great start. Some wanted them in Insurgence, but didn't get their chance. I would want to include some of these pokemon, even in gym fights as an Overwatch agent's ace (as well as have them be catchable later on). This would add both more variety to the game, as well as more features to the game. It's main feature: it's set in the Overwatch universe, with Pokémon. Overwatch maps become places where you fight and catch pokemon, defeat an evil team, I want it to feel like the animated shorts, which took the map environments and made them into scenic battle spots. I might have some space to be creative, but it will be fun for the player to recognize these places, and battle the evil teams there. However, there are some shortcomings to me starting this. First, I would need a sprite artist to design all of the overwatch sprites not only in battle, but also in the overworld (including the agents, omnics, Talon grunts, and null sector robots). Second, I would need a tile artist to design most of the buildings that would be present in overwatch, since most are probably not available in the basic Pokémon Essentials. Third, I like many of the Reborn Pokémon sprites, and with Episode 17 including Gen 7 Pokémon, as well as many more move animations (which I also love), I want to wait until that comes out before I decide to start (unless I can get them early). Other than that, I could learn how to code situations, create intense battles, and create Pokémon: Overwatch Edition.

Edit: Also, using both Pokémon music and Overwatch music would be great for the soundtrack.

Edited by ThinkMoreDimensional

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon fangame ideas, huh? *cracks knuckles* Ok, not really, but I have what I think is a cool idea.

I call it: Pokemon Otherworld.

Otherworld takes place in the Aevan Region, a region made up of nine small islands and one big main island.

The main premise of the game is that a mysterious "gateway" connects two worlds to the Pokemon world for the first time, and three powerful and/or important people would be taken from each world connected to the Pokemon world before the "gate" disappears. Skip to the main game setting, and you, the protagonist, are taking a walk in a forest on the mainland when you are caught up in a chase scene between some important trainers in the story, Skai and Lavender, and one of the antagonists of the story, who don't have a team name, but are merely called "The Mindless". The Mindless grunt uses you as a meat shield, and when the big scene finally ends, the two trainers take you to a lab where Skai's cousin, Professor Acacia, lets you choose a starter Pokemon (one of the EVOLVING fossil Pokemon (no Aerodactyl) or an Eevee) to start your adventure. Your adventure is quickly cut short, however, when many Mindless grunts, led by what appear to be six admins, flood the town and a gate appears, just like the one that appeared three years ago, and connects the two other worlds again. The worlds can be seen, as well as the many people, most not human, gathered by their side of the passage. The admins step to the gate and begin talking to the people, sparking numerous reactions from them. Nine people total run through the gate from their worlds then, aiming for specific admins, although the admins' Pokemon keep them away to the admins' amusement, while they announce that their "Master" is letting loose their "Master Plan", which is not described, yet brings fear. When this entire fiasco ends and the Mindless leave with their admins, the gate closes, trapping the nine people in the world of Pokemon.

Your goal is to help Skai and Lavender assist these nine people get used to life in your world, helping them become trainers and whatnot, while helping them solve the mystery of the admins and who they are. Finding out who and what the Mindless are is also a main goal, as well as who is the "Master" and what is their "Master Plan".

Unique things would include:

• All Pokemon, each small island of Aevan would have its own environment
  • Level Caps. These won't effect gameplay that much since they would be set moderately high for the beginning (about 25) with the gaps becoming smaller and smaller as you progress through the game. They would just prevent the capped Pokemon from gaining exp.
  • Special minigames for the Mindless admins.
  • "World-hopping" once you reach mid-late game, with the Distortion World as a hub of sorts. This would unlock hard sidequests with valuable rewards.

Well, that's it for my idea. What do you guys think?

I actually wrote a fanfic on my own pokemon story (never get to finish it however). The region setting is Italy themed with greek mythology influence. The protagonist starts out in a small town called "Eevillage"(Lame I know but I was only 15 at that time) because it is the perfect habitat for eevee and therefore a lot of wild eevee can be found here. One of the tradition is that every year there is an exam that invite trainers from all over the world as examiners to determine whether the contestants (from the village) are ready to become a pokemon trainer. The contestants must use at least one eevee (non evolution, in fact all the eevee that you keep are supposed to be holding everstone until you become an official trainer). From the beginning, the player is going to start with some small quests in the village before the exam to allow them to catch and train other pokemon as well. On that day, right after the protagonist passed his/her test, a group of Team Genesis' grunt break in with a weird weapon that can siphon energy from pokemon that evolve using elemental stone and force them to devolve(ie, starmie turn back into staryu). For those that evolve naturally,they would be weaken and unable to fight as well. But as mentioned, this exam has trainers from many places, one of them is a Dark type gym leader, Hades. He identified the leader of this operation and asks the protagonist to distract the other grunts while he battle with the leader. It was a quick fight because he used weavile to hold the leader hostage and force the rest of Team Genesis to back down. After the incident, our protagonist finally received his/her own trainer card and pokedex to start his journey. Before leaving, the protagonist will be asked which eevolution they desired for his/her eevee and will be given the corresponding stone (Umbreon, Espeon and Sylveon will still evolve by normal means but player will still receive Dust, Dawn and Shiny stone,  but leafeon and glaceon evolve by holding leaf and ice stone). Along the journey to battle the 12 gym leaders (each corresponding to 12 zodiacs), elite four and champion, of course the player will interfere in Team Genesis' business and stop their evil plan. After the 4th gym, Pokemon Professor give the player the chance to choose a pokemon that are capable of mega evolution (excluding legendaries). There are 2 major rivals for the player, a childhood friend who is determined to become an electric type gym leader like her father once was; another rival is also your childhood friend but abducted by Team Genesis for his psychic power since young. Now he just wants to become the next boss of Team Genesis but you keep standing in his way. 

Addition: each evolved eevee can learn a signature move that represent their type (Umbreon: Dark Ring, the glowing markings absorb the energy around to heal 1/4 of the hp while blinding the opponent thus reduce opponent's accuracy. Jolteon: Blitz Attack, electric version of quick attack, Espeon: Psychic Impact, deals damage and lower opponent's highest stat excluding HP by one stage, etc etc).