[OU] Scizor will get us out of this mess

biboo195

Firstly, i'm gonna say that i'm just making this thread to see how good/bad this team is (it was the first team that i built) and to put it out there so that someone can use it if they want to. I have no intention of actually using this team on Showdown because i just don't have the time to play Pokemon competitively. So, let's get on with the team.

First look

lgcc0fi.gifT2xPY6a.gifA6K6mNF.gifuuPJhEd.giflYDpNyO.gifdFHgjmn.gif

1st member

lYDpNyO.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

What are the things that annoy Scizor the most ? Skarmory and Ferrothorn and opponent Scizor. Magnezone is here to help with that. As long as Skarm and Ferro aren't carrying Shed Shells (and opponent Scizor doesn't have Superpower), Magnezone will take them out of the game. T-Bolt is STAB, Volt Switch is for pivoting and keeping up the momentum, HP Fire is for opponent Ferro+Scizor, and Flash Cannon is there to help with the Fairy pokemon (Clefable for example)

2nd member

A6K6mNF.gif

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Reversal

Even though Magnezone has already covered a lot for Scizor, there're also other things that Magnezone alone can't help with. That's why it calls its friend Dugtrio from BL2 to help it. Dugtrio can trap and kill Heatran (again with the Shed Shell part). It can also trap and kill other threats (M-Lopunny and M-Medicham once Fake Out is gone, ....). EQ is STAB, Sucker Punch and Reversal are there to help Duggy kill either the mon that are faster than it, or the mon that don't mind EQ that much. Stealth Rocks is just there for possible hazards (not really possible because Duggy's job is revenge killing and not setting up hazards)

3rd member

T2xPY6a.gif

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Knock Off

Azu is here just to put a dent in something. Rotom-Wash somehow switches into a Play Rough/Knock/Superpower ? Dented. M-Sableye somehow switches into a Waterfall/Play Rough ? Dented. I'm still having trouble deciding between Superpower or Knock Off for it. Knock Off eases predictions, but Superpower can help to lure in Ferro/Heatran (obviously not a thing in higher ladder).

4th member

uuPJhEd.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Low Kick

Weavile is here to do what it does best, and that is hurting something. The first 3 moves are self explanatory. Pursuit is there for catching Psychic type pokemon if they want to switch out against Weavile (probably only usable in the lower ladder), and Low Kick is there to help with Ferro (if Magnezone is down) and/or TTar (if Duggy is out).

5th member

dFHgjmn.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

I know what you're thinking. WHY THE HECK WOULD I HAVE THIS EV SPREAD ? WHERE IS HEALING WISH ? WHERE IS DRACO????? Well, this is certainly a weird set for Latias. But bear with me. I have this spread on Latias because i just need it to live. A lot of Dugtrio's revenge-killing capability relies on it still having Focus Sash, and Weavile relies on the field being hazard-free for it to switch in and do damage. Yes, yes, i know that the normal Latias with 252 SpA/Spd is already somewhat bulky enough to take a hit and use Defog. The main reason that i have this EV spread and moveset on Latias is because i want to have another thing to take the hit for Scizor, so that Scizor can just focus on setting up and cleaning up the game.

AND FINALLY, the 6th member

lgcc0fi.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

The last, but DEFINITELY not the least, my favorite pokemon. This is a very common set for Scizor, so i won't be talking into it at all. Once its threats are gone with the help of its teammates (Duggy, Magnezone, Azumarill), it can set up and win the game. That's the name of the title, and Scizor is the hero that this team needs and deserves.

Copy/Paste Import :

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Reversal

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Obvious weaknesses

_ Talonflame of any descriptions : CB set hits too hard, SD+Roost Talon sets up easily on Duggy+Scizor+Latias, bulky Talon (Wisp+Bulk Up+ Roost) sets up on Scizor.

_ Kyurem-B with HP Fire : Wallbreaker/10

_ Rotom-Wash : Even though my Latias can 1v1 it, it's still a huge annoyance to my team. Burns 4, and uses Volt Switch on 2.

_ Klefki with Magnet Rise (quite common) Can T-Wave on 4 or Toxic 4. Sets up Spikes on 3 (Duggy+Latias+Weavile, though Latias can Defog)

_ Status effects in general : The team doesn't have status removal, and Lati doesn't have Healing Wish. Any permanent status ailments (poisoned, paralyzed, burned) on my team will stick until the end of the match.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of these, and i hope that you have a great day.

Edited by biboo195

That Dugtrio set is suboptimal imo. You should try Endure + Custap Berry because that way you're not objectively reliant on having a clear field to preserve your sash to be able to live a hit. EndureCustap also means that you can activate it more than once in a game. Get rid of SR on duggy, keep it as pure support.

SD U-turn is counterproductive; knock off adds much more utility really. Also switch to 16 attack and 44 defense so Sciz is never 2hkoed by jolly mega Lopunny.

Having a Lando-T is really best to fix your bird problem and give you a unturner. I question the need for two trappers; while Magnezone is awesome I don't really see why you need it here. Ferrothorn is set up bait for Scizor, who can just SD all over it or dent it heavily with knock off or bug bite (another reason to get rid of U-turn), and Skarmory can be dealt with fairy okay by knocking it off. It can't do anything back to your team anyhow.

As for heatran, it can be worn down relatively easily, and it fears azu anyways. In any case Latias switches in comfortably.

Making the change I suggested can allow your team to be a bit more offensive. Latias if changed to a standard offensive Latios with HP Fire can eliminate Ferrothorn and opposing Scizor, and can provide defog as well if you need it. Contrarily, you might keep EQ Latios to lure heatran and dispense with Dugtrio and preserve Magnezone. I seriously recommend having a standard fast Lati though; it fails to check a lot if it's slow.

That Dugtrio set is suboptimal imo. You should try Endure + Custap Berry because that way you're not objectively reliant on having a clear field to preserve your sash to be able to live a hit. EndureCustap also means that you can activate it more than once in a game. Get rid of SR on duggy, keep it as pure support.

SD U-turn is counterproductive; knock off adds much more utility really. Also switch to 16 attack and 44 defense so Sciz is never 2hkoed by jolly mega Lopunny.

Having a Lando-T is really best to fix your bird problem and give you a unturner. I question the need for two trappers; while Magnezone is awesome I don't really see why you need it here. Ferrothorn is set up bait for Scizor, who can just SD all over it or dent it heavily with knock off or bug bite (another reason to get rid of U-turn), and Skarmory can be dealt with fairy okay by knocking it off. It can't do anything back to your team anyhow.

As for heatran, it can be worn down relatively easily, and it fears azu anyways. In any case Latias switches in comfortably.

Making the change I suggested can allow your team to be a bit more offensive. Latias if changed to a standard offensive Latios with HP Fire can eliminate Ferrothorn and opposing Scizor, and can provide defog as well if you need it. Contrarily, you might keep EQ Latios to lure heatran and dispense with Dugtrio and preserve Magnezone. I seriously recommend having a standard fast Lati though; it fails to check a lot if it's slow.

The dugtrio set is actually rather standard. It's a suicide lead set that's made to set rocks and then go as ham as possible, or save for a heatran/magnezone and kill somewhere in the same, then set rocks. Running endure/custap is counterproductive on a pokemon like dugtrio because it's already fast as hell, so it doesnt need the priority.

dont really have anything else to say because viri pretty much said a lot of stuff but just wanted to say that real quick

but if you want a replacement for a suicide lead, i would recommend azelf. it's got some strong stats and can explode. i like that

First thing of all, replace Thunderbolt with Discharge. The damage difference is minimal and the paralysis chance is tripled.

Other threats:

Jirachi. Troll/10, barely takes 45% from the EQ or HP fire, and he can cause you heavy damage too if she packs Calm Mind or U-turn, and can hax your entire team to death with paralysis.

Bulky waters: In general HAX Sweep/10.

Specific examples:

Suicune destroys this team with Calm Mind, no questions asked. Same thing for M- Slowbro, except you can't even hope for a crit with Discharge.

Quagsire walls your entire team, even Latias thanks to that weird set. The game will be reduced to "how many times can Azumarrill switch in to try to flinch it with Waterfall until she gets burned".

Very Bulky Seel types

Empoleon. Like Jirachi, he is too bulky for Dugtrio and Magnezone to OHKO, and neither can take two Scalds in the face and live to tell the tale.

Scizor. The moment they see Magnezone they will start using U-turn like crazy. Likely to Rotom-W to troll you even more. You send Latias, then Volt to Scizor, Pursuit, and Rotom walls you. GG

Dragon types. Azumarrill and Weavile can be easily worn down, and if the dragon is called Charizard X packing EQ and Roost, it is a 6-0 in situ, as he is too bulky for Dugtrio to take it out, even with the sash intact. Without EQ the only difference is that he will need a little prior damage in Azumarrill, nothing else.

Consider a tyranitar instead of weavile, preferably a choice band set with Superpower to keep the anti-Ferrothorn option, with the bonus of Tyranitar easily luring him in.

Also consider a physical tank instead of that useless piece of trash known as Dugtrio. You need a stronger ground-type. I would recommend Swampert. I recently saw a set with Refresh that proved quite an annoyance for my defogger, Empoleon, whose main modus operandi for bulky SR users is Toxic/Scald them on a switch to slowly wear them down every time they switch on my Defog to replace the rocks. Additionally, Swampert can act as a reliable check for Chari.

Edited by SJMistery

With minimal changes,

• I propose you switch from Latias to offensive defogger Latios with Life Orb and either CM or Roost to be reusable. In my opinion you do not really need to get rid of hazards, since only Weavile takes good damage from them, and your team is already quite offensive.
  • Give Scizor Bug Bite instead of U-turn, and give Azumarill Superpower. You already have Weavile to use Knock Off.
  • Dugtrio is redundant. You already have Magnezone to trap Steel types and Weavile to trap anything else with Pursuit if used properly.
  • Replace Dugtrio with defensive Landorus-T (set: SR/EQ/U-turn/rock move) or Swampert (SR/Scald/EQ/filler). You can also use suicide lead Lando-T but I don't recommend it with that team.

Also, pocky, I suggested Endure + Custap berry because that allows Dugtrio to outspeed and hit fast threats as mega Manectric, Sand Rush Excadrill, +1 mega Charizard X, Scarf Terrakion and mega Lopunny. Pretty helpful, and it allows Dugtrio to do its one job much better without having to never a clear field all the time to have to live a hit. Still, I stand by my earlier suggestions and recommend a Lando-T and a standard Lati, preferably a Latios with HP Fire.