Could Madame X be Zumi?

• Global Mods

The identity of Madame X has been a common topic for speculation on the forums. Most people think it's someone we already know. I think it makes sense to think that, since it would probably be harder to set the surprise factor if the mask is removed and it's a face we've never seen. I think I've found a candidate who I haven't seen anyone suspect.

Here are some possible hints that Madame X is Zumi:

1. Z is the first letter of Zumi's name. The letter X can sound like a Z in some words (ex: xylophone). Being Madame X instead of Madame Z would take suspicion away from Zumi while also allowing her to have a similar aesthetic. The Xen in Team Xen is also probably pronounced like Zen.

2. After the Advanced Pokedex quest is done, Zumi heads to Grand Dream City. This is also where Madame X told Nastasia to take the Shadow Pokemon data.

3. Zumi is a researcher. Madame X has some degree of scientific knowledge, considering she was able to apply Melia's DNA to a Solosis.

• 4 months later...
  • Global Mods
1 hour ago, tomikson said:

who is zumi, i dont remember such a character through my playthhrough

She's in Gearen's library. She gives you the Advanced Pokedex if you catch all the Pokemon she asks for. She's also a member of these forums who helps Jan with developing Rejuvenation.