Pokemon Reborn Hardcore [Mod][Discontinued]

Commander

Pokemon Reborn Hardcore

Reborn City...a place where the best of the best gather and fight through a brutal gauntlet while fending off Team Meteor and their dastardly ways. Many have overcame the trails that have awaited them, while others perished before seeing the end. There are also those not satisfied and wish for an even greater challenge. That is where I come in. One man has attempted to make a brutally hard Pokemon game even harder. Did he succeed? Play the game and find out yourself.

(*cough*)

Okay, okay I'll stop with the cheesy intro now. Welcome to Reborn Hardcore, a mod designed specifically around the pre-field effect game's difficulty level mixed with the field effect system to bring a new style of difficulty. The name was originally coined by Solarance, the person who started this project until I took over. While the title is a tiny bit misleading due to the change in style, we decided to keep the name the same since it sticks. Anyways, here's the current download links:

CoM E16 Official Release:

Mediafire

(What's done is done and I've reuploaded the Official release. Soon the unfinished stuff will be uploaded)

Known Bug List (Mid-Release)

-Alt Terra can be looped and fought infinitely (technically)

-Alt Alt Terra causes a major glitch where all fights are fought on a certain field effect (patch included due to this reason)

-The last part of the maison fight is bugged but playable (patch above to fix)

-Evergreen is missing when first missing HCHQ

So what's the difference?

The first link, or Reborn Hardcore is actually very lightly modded version of Pokemon Reborn only containing changes in opponent's Pokemon Rosters and even runs off of Reborn's save file system. That is the ONLY thing changed so it's very easy to pick up. The second link coined after the post game is a very heavily modded version of Pokemon Reborn containing new features and even text alterations to make the game consistent. There even some post game content called CoM. I'll list all of these below.

Features of the CoM Version

-Level Limiter: This prevents Pokemon from leveling up after reaching a certain level. It is highly recommended due to the surplus of exp spread through the game to prevent truancy

-Item Ban: This prevents both the players and the opponents from using items in battles. Do note the items still work in wild battles and the bag is still accessible outside of battle. (It is currently called no item run but will be changed for E16)

-Insanity Mode: Increases the enemy Pokemon level by 30%. This will likely be changed to 10% and opponents will not be giving out money for balance reasons. Cannot be combined with Item Ban.

-TM Breeding: Allows for Pokemon to learn TM moves through breeding. It is currently optional as of E15, but in E16 and beyond, it will automatically be included

-Alternate Gym fights (originally called nostalgia mode): Some leader will be have an alternate gym battle that you can choose between freely

-TM Shop: A TM shop is accessible early in the game in order to gain TMs a little bit earlier. Picking up a TM twice will not crash or break your game so do not worry

-Additional Pokemon events and sidequests: Many new Pokemon have been hidden into the game, however I will not reveal their locations so easily. Maybe even all of a dead man's Pokemon can be found bar his strongest.

-The Party System (will be released E16): Play as other characters using their teams and see how far you can go with any of them. They may even have mons hidden throughout the lands along with other secrets

-The Chamber of Memories: A postgame guantlet similar where you fight through every leader (or last one of the current release) with no items, set mode, and only six Pokemon. There are many surprises but only the best of the best will make it to the end.

-CoM Altered Path: This is a mode in CoM where leaders may be swapped out with other mono users. There's rumors of an even more terrifying Champion ruling over this path for players wishing to seek more glory.

Screenshots:

f872403dee49dc92b76c5c47baebeae9.png

635ed1ed8c4094da0b80ab130195446c.png

4985fbfdd9a64ac8474b44953d7ada1b.png

4d892ed92685a86994cb5eddc38eb75e.png

Note that for the E16 release I will have more and better pics than this beautiful mess. A certain someone me deleted 100 or so of the old pics for space. You can freely call said person a moron.

...or someone could look through my statuses and posts in the old thread for pics...*wink* *wink*

Known Bug Bin

Note: These are bugs with Hardcore itself so I will not be including bugs for the regular version

Major

-Ciel's Gym Battle Repeats itself regardless if the player wins or loses (1.51 glitch only) (Fixed for E16)

-Gym Guy does not appear for Ciel's alternate fight (Fixed for E16)

-Losing to certain CoM leaders may result in being unable to use items in battle and/or gaining experience (Possibly fixed for E16)

-Corey's Haunter is permanently missable (Not a glitch but will be changed for E16)

-Losing to El will cause you to never lose money again (Fixed for E16)

-DO NOT PLAY THE CoM Version of Hardcore with regular reborn E16. This will screw up your game and make it unplayable. There will be a hotfix version out ASAP, should someone wish to do this. Likely it will be out a few days before the official release though this one will wipe all the features you selected along with most of the CoM data.  (there is no hotfix since it is safe to transfer over)

Minor

-The level limiter for post Corey and Kiki does not start in the right place (fixed for E16)

-Some of the bosses in no item still use items (fixed a few, but a work in progress)

-Cain still calls Dewott and Oshawott

-Some leaders AI does not function correctly (this is always a work in progress)

-A few typos in the added text (fixed for E16)

-The stolen growlithe policeman doesn't need to be rescued to recieve Growlith/face Corrosive Mist Field Corey (does not apply to mystery egg though)

Reporting bugs: While I deem it acceptable here, I do not mind if you pm about it (or email) should you feel a bug is a bit spoilery. However if a bug is with Reborn entirely instead of with Hardcore, I may dismiss it if it demands a bit to fix but I do sometimes fix issues with the Regular version. Reborn's known bug list can be found here.

Want to join the Hardcore Team?

While a great majority of this mod is done by myself, I do sometimes ask for help. As of right now, I am looking for an experienced coder to fix a couple areas of my messy coding though I will be a bit picky who to choose here. What I'm really looking for is someone willing to do graphics. There are many sprites that this mod lacks including a title screen (in case we want to keep a constant one), a couple trainer sprites, a ton of overworld sprites, and even possibly a tileset. Anyone interested can PM me, but I want to make sure anyone who does graphics is not obligated to anything and can freely join and leave whenever they want.

In terms of payment for graphics work, I can either pay rupees though probably a small amount since I'm broke or degrade myself further by saying whatever you want me to in a status/post so long as it's appropriate.

FAQ

Q:Where can I download the latest version of the mod?

A: The latest version of Hardcore will now always be located near the top of this post along with a tag announcing it.

Q: Where is Pokemon [REDACTED] located?

A: As a rule, I don't not believe a creator should tell you where it is intended for players to be able to find them on their own. Users are free to answer this question in the thread.

though if you ask hard enough I might give a hint.

Q: My save file is stuck. WHAT DO I DO?

A: Since Hardcore is a mod of Reborn using the same base, anyone in the unstuck me thread here should be able to help. If there's a glitch in the CoM areas ie the post game, PM me the save file personally and I'll try to fix it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements:

Well other than the beta being released...nothing.

Also Important: the Terra alt fight is a little glitchy so I released a hotfix to try and get around it. If you want to fight her, download the file I uploaded and replace this one with the file located in the data folder. If the field effect glitch does happen, please PM your save and I'll fix it asap. The hotfix is located below the dowload link to the game.

-And the maison fight has a similar problem so follow the instructions above

-And HCHQ has a glitch for new save files.

(I do this so you guys don't have to redownload half a gigabyte file every time a major glitch occurs).

Also this mod has Amethyst's Seal of Approval

Seel.png

(Well that's my Seel but she approved of it...and this mod apparently)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Hey, moron... you know Mega Rayquaza technically is a non-über legendary. :-P

I was thinking about a team that would rely heavily on Lightning Rod and/or Storm Drain abilities to mitigate 4x weaknesses for Gyarados and similar strong pokes. However I fear it would require a customized AI to work.

Great thead btw.! Can't wait to play E16 Hardcore.

Congratulations on the new thread!

I really like the new setup and the explanation of the difference from regular Hardcore and the CoM.

With that being said...

Really. I really mean this. Hats off for CoM Terra. I'm STILL stuck on her. Hell, half the time Luna stops me in my tracks. Now I've deffo struggled with some battles in Hardcore and I know that you did do work to make these battles hard. I remember, but I'm still impressed with them. I mean wow. Luna, Charlotte, and Terra are the looming threats for me still. I haven't made it to Ciel yet so /shrug. Just me appreciating CoM. I might actually do a team reshuffle. We'll see. The day I beat CoM Terra is the day that I post in complete caps lock.

Anywho, yay for the new thread.

Oh, is there a way I can go back and battle the trainer before Mewtwo without the use of RPGmaker? Or am I locked out after battling Terra? I'd like to rematch him before I continue my CoM trek.

• Global Mods

When selecting the level limiter in CoM mode, it mentions that the limits aren't the same as the badge level caps. what exactly are the level limits then?

When selecting the level limiter in CoM mode, it mentions that the limits aren't the same as the badge level caps. what exactly are the level limits then?

I'll add this to the faq but here's the level cap for each of the gym leader. I'm currently fixing it right now so it works right after defeating a gym leader instead of really early in the next episode. That reminds me, I need to redo the trainer card for E16 again but thankfully I learned how to sprite since then. I might consider putting the level limiter caps on the trainer card if people would rather have that over trauncy (it's either one or the other here though).

Episode 1: 20

Episode 2: 25

Episode 3: 32

Episode 4: 35

Episode 5: 40

Episode 6: 42

Episode 7: 45

Episode 8: 50

Episode 9: 55

Episode 10: 60

Episode 11: 62

Episode 12: 65

Episode 13: 70

Episode 14: 72

Episode 15: 75

Oh, is there a way I can go back and battle the trainer before Mewtwo without the use of RPGmaker? Or am I locked out after battling Terra? I'd like to rematch him before I continue my CoM trek.

Honestly I know I went over the top on some fights due to how tense some of the arguments with both the field effects "ruining the game" and the difficulty being lackluster due to that, the nerfings, and the AI. This project was my way to shut those people up with cold hard evidence. The amount of support made me take it a bit more seriously afterwards though.

As for the cameo boss, that's a one time deal only so you're locked out of it. Don't worry, that won't be the last time you'll be seeing him. It might be even sooner than you think.

I was thinking about a team that would rely heavily on Lightning Rod and/or Storm Drain abilities to mitigate 4x weaknesses for Gyarados and similar strong pokes. However I fear it would require a customized AI to work.

I don't know how E16's AI will work as the formula now might function differently later. It certainly could be done, but maybe not in the way you'd like it to. Electric types have no weakness on Water Surface so maybe. I've seen the AI make both clever and derpy switches so it's best not to come up with a team that relies on that. It's not a bad concept to start with though.

Honestly I know I went over the top on some fights due to how tense some of the arguments with both the field effects "ruining the game" and the difficulty being lackluster due to that, the nerfings, and the AI. This project was my way to shut those people up with cold hard evidence. The amount of support made me take it a bit more seriously afterwards though.

As for the cameo boss, that's a one time deal only so you're locked out of it. Don't worry, that won't be the last time you'll be seeing him. It might be even sooner than you think.

Oh, well I guess there that goes. inb4 next battle he has same field X_X

Here's another question.

I remember you having a status a while back showing someone praising the sun on top of the volcano. Is that NPC available to battle? And are there are NPCs to battle in overworld at post game?

I can't tell you how many times I've said outloud; 'Typhlosion! Eruption full power!' against her only to watch her Mega's HP slowly fall despite the boosts and I just smile as she EQ's away. Recently bought air balloons so exploitation away! [:

@Darv: That is one of the cameo bosses for CoM as I decided to replace one of the chambers due to not meeting my expectations. Most of the post game will be CoM due to Reborn's likely very large Post-game as this is designed to compliment that. Half the reason that cameo fight was even there was to make up for the infamous Terra fail and make use of the glitch field in the areas Terra couldn't.

So while thinking about the whole level cap thing I decided to make this designed around the level limiter however I won't be able to include two of the level caps for the earlier episodes but anyways take a look at the slightly updated trainer card to see what you guys think. I'll just add boxes for each leader added into the game until all the boxes are filled.

a583e6c87b771f5f8f9cdca2ad4fe5cb.png

Hi, after a few hours of play, this seems like a great, balanced mod.

I just have a few questions.

Is it possible to activate the level limiter after the game is started?

When and where is the Tm shop available? Is it kinda hidden or should I expect to run into it without looking for it?

Hi, after a few hours of play, this seems like a great, balanced mod.

I just have a few questions.

Is it possible to activate the level limiter after the game is started?

When and where is the Tm shop available? Is it kinda hidden or should I expect to run into it without looking for it?

For the TM shop, it's not exactly hidden, but it's not in the most obvious of spots either. While it is available after Corey, you probably won't notice it until after defeating Shelly. I'm sure other people could tell you where it is, but all I'll tell you is that you fight all three rivals there once and once only.

After defeating Ciel, there will be a NPC in the Computer area who will allow you to turn on or off features since I dun goofed but that will be the only time to do so. I haven't fully decided if level limiter will be allowed to be turned on or off since well, I might just permanently replace it with the old method (hence the trainer card adjustments). People who don't like this change could just swap to the non-CoM version at any time and enjoy the experience almost the same. Because honestly the people who are gonna be upset with this change probably never even tried the level limiter.

So basically the Menu screen will only be asking if you want to do a no-item run or an insanity mode run (both you can turn off at any time, but never back on). Everything else will still be there but it's gonna be a bit different (except the forest which I'll include as a seperate DL due to lag reasons if people really want it).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay here's kind of a serious question: For those of you who made it pretty far into the mod, y'all should be aware of a certain cameo boss (which there are a couple more of in the CoM). Please refrain from spoiling that one from new players, but I'm kind of curious if you guys want him to be rebattable in the post game since I did not plan on doing so mostly because it was just merely and easter egg.

I'm also kind of curious if you guys want to see these guys battable both in the Post-game or as a cameo fight in the main story (I'm going to use code names to avoid spoilers as possible):

The Glitch Field user

The CoM Champion

The Sun Guy

Helix

The Mythic Man

GG (not to be mistaken with Gardevoir)

The names above can all be fought in the current release, but that's pretty much going to be it (you will fight one of them one more time though). I'm not talking about E16, but more like the rest of the game kind of deal.

Edit: Guys I added a "patch" for the Ciel fight glitch so you don't have to redownload everything again.

Do Corey's wild pokemon change based on which of his teams you fought?

It will make more sense once you start the sidequest, but every single Pokemon (plus the mysterious Croagunk) will be available to be picked up regardless of your choice. Hardcore canon wise, leaders often have more than six Pokemon but will only use six to challenge opponents. There should be 10 mons in total though Haunter's requirements are gonna get nerfed hard for E16 because nobody could find him (he'll only be hidden instead of finding all the mons). You probably still won't be able to find him though.

-------------------------------------------------

Alright I did a little bit of buff and nerfing for certain leaders (mostly Noel) today so hopefully you guys like him better in future releases. I also added up a poll since well...it's near impossible for me to thoroughly test every single boss on every single release which is why I like these to check and see what to put more time into.

As for the alternate gym fights question, you may notice that Julia and Florinia are present. You're probably thinking "Oh noes! Commander isn't going to give those two fights because they are at the start of the game). Well...that's not why I didn't include them. I AM doing alternate fights for them, however their teams are going to be a little...strange since there are 3 mono users for each of those types. I don't know how it'll be recieved but I hope you guys like those two (and whoever else I add depending on poll results).

The item ban is a great idea! I never ever use items in a pokemon battle. It gives me an unfair advantage, and is also never shown to be acceptable in the anime. But then the opposing gym leader uses full restores ... . Seriously. So, I like the item ban thing.

The item ban is a great idea! I never ever use items in a pokemon battle. It gives me an unfair advantage, and is also never shown to be acceptable in the anime. But then the opposing gym leader uses full restores ... . Seriously. So, I like the item ban thing.

You'd have to thank baldr for coming up with the idea after a discussion. Seriously, I was skeptical about it at first, but it definitely really works well and makes the ai play a little better. Very easy to add mod which I hope fan-game developers consider using as a substitute for difficulty settings. I definitely would use it if I made an actual fan-game (though that won't be until Reborn is over as this thing is quite difficult to manage as is).

I actually didn't think about that anime wise either but it's kind of funny thinking logic wise a trainer jumps into battle to heal a Pokemon with an incoming Pokemon charging towards you. Or healing someone in the back of the party while the Pokemon on the field does nothing. Though enemy wise, those heal items generally prolong the battle and waste PP at the most. Usually it's in your favor though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for update news, I did mention before that the requirements for Corey's Haunter have been nerfed as it will merely be hidden somewhere. However if you're using the party system, you may want to consider not picking up any of them (minus Croagunk who's in the clear Pokedex collectors). In E16, a certain character may be receive a special event if you clear the one fight and do not pick any of Corey's mons. Think of it like Chrono Trigger with the sealed weapons.

I also realized when doing Julia's altered fight I used one of her secret mons so RIP secret mon number one. So now you guys get a new special one instead of that one (well you still get that one, but it's not as good as it could be). Anyways, still working on stuff slowly but the bulk of it is done. I do sometimes find glorious errors such as this one:

35cf2fb674914a1368716ea9dd04d002.png

dose IVs though

• Developers

As for the alternate gym fights question, you may notice that Julia and Florinia are present. You're probably thinking "Oh noes! Commander isn't going to give those two fights because they are at the start of the game). Well...that's not why I didn't include them. I AM doing alternate fights for them, however their teams are going to be a little...strange since there are 3 mono users for each of those types. I don't know how it'll be recieved but I hope you guys like those two (and whoever else I add depending on poll results).

Hey I was just thinking about a suggestion - how about having all the alternate fights drop the type specializations a let them be more theme based? For Julia for example a Graveler or even better a Pineco. For Flobot some ground-types and maybe Heliolisk. Shelly could use whatever might live in a forrest - like a Noctowl. Radomus might finally get a proper Trick-Room team without type restictions. And so on. Like 3-4 pokes of the type they're supposed to use and the rest whatever fits them. What do you think?

Edited by baldr

While I'm entirely not against giving leaders some non mono ones (in fact that's what Julia and Florinia are based upon due to the fact they both share a mono with two other characters), I generally keep their monos since there's so much you can do with them. I won't be breaking the monos of any of the leaders (unless they do it within the story/normal game), but I'd definitely support someone attempting that.

Julia's strategy from the league from what I read was a Rain Dance user to abuse thunder though I recall her being mostly singles fights. Since anything above 80 BP would absolutely destroy players. Don't worry, she's still going to be very dangerous and probably harder than her normal fight. Florinia...is very strange so I'm sure I'll get mixed opinions on that one. Not as solid as the singles, but she did hand me my butt as Fern who destroyed her in singles. That one I'll play around with more.

And since the poll has a good sum (I was going for 20 and still will wait) I can tell Terra is in the lead by a good margin. You guys would vote for the one leader I'm not sure what I want to do with. Probably going to be something still in a singles fight, but again we'll see what I come up with. I do try to make both fights feel a bit different so they don't play out the same. That's why singles Ciel and Noel are getting revamps.

So for those who are wondering (when did this turn into a development blog...thing), I actually have the altered fights done for everyone other than Kiki (who's not getting one...we have 3 fighting leaders which one of which is getting one already), Corey (who is just going to have the option to fight either), Samson, and Luna

I'm likely going to be redoing bits of Ciel's doubles fight to differentiate it a bit more and make it better, though I also need to event Corey's since consistency is something people gripe about...a lot (points to Oshawott). Aya's is kind of...lazy but does feel a little bit different (uses the same strategy more or less sadly), but with 3 poison leaders you can only do so much. Which also means...I have to redo another hidden mon...though I think I know what to make this one.

As for the other fights, they really deviate from the classical stratagies which some might throw a few curve balls at you such as trying to Rain Dance TR A-Charlotte (gonna call them alternate or A fights from now on). A-Terra is pure evil though. That thing makes A-Serra look like a cakewalk. If that was the official Hardcore fight, that thing would be nerfed harder than the original Corrosive Field Corey was.

Also for the TM shop RIP Calm Mind. Tbh, the decision is mostly due to the whole Pokemon who need it get it already and those who need it through TM come super late anyways. Shadow Ball will stay though. Don't think that TM is OP and gets the job done for using other Pokemon than the ones people praise the hell out of.

Oh I almost forgot for the minors...miners out there in the world. Your labor days of digging for hours for a goddamn fossil or plate are over. A fossil shop as well as a Mining Roulette will be added to the department store. The fossil shop just let's you buy fossils obtained for 20,000 Poke a piece (and also odd keystone). Hey, I didn't say convenience was cheap. As for Mining Roulette, 4 shards of a random color let's you raffle for a random, non shard and non absurdly common item...and no fossils, item.

So pretty much the bulk of it other than about 40 or so events along with the transitioning into E16 is pretty much done. The non CoM version is still gonna take a while since Beta testers as well as I are going to need to quality check a whole bunch of fights. Though I might just release Hardcore without the heavy testing and save it for the CoM version and make edits to both (since one only uses two different text files). It'll go through alpha testing before being pushed into beta so that we don't have me uploading patches for the E16 versions. Once the CoM E16 version is up, that's it. No additional updates like before fixing stuff. Just one and done.

So...this is both kind of an update to get back on the front page...after that...you know what, but actually more along the lines of addressing something I haven't really talked about but was apparently noticeable. It has to do with a lot of the changes or strange things that happen with hardcore that I've kept. While the overall layout of many events won't change, quite a number of text changes will happen due to the shift in what I'm doing.

When I first made Hardcore, I really didn't take it seriously and focused on challenge and challenge only aka the gym battles. I did throw some things in purely for challenge (such as the certain cameo in glitch city which was also a test to start learning about game making). Quite a number of events were admittedly lazily put in and probably people took the mod more seriously than I did since it was more or less to get people to shut up about certain stuff such as dumb AI and Reborn being too easy (for the game being too hard, those people could play alternative games instead). The game also broke the fourth wall knowing that it was a game. Pretty much all the dialogue relating to that is going to be scrapped. I've actually decided to implement Hardcore into the world so here's kind of what to expect the dialogue changes to reflect:

First and foremost, players will be participating in the Hardcore league instead of the regular reborn league upon entering the Reborn region. What is the Hardcore league? It's an underground boderline illegal version of the Reborn league where gym leaders use much stronger teams than normal. Due to the rarity of Pokemon along with the number of casualties that occurred, only highly skilled trainers are even allowed to partake in this league. Battles are also administered and managed by a small force called the Hardcore team. They don't manage the leaders themselves, but merely the teams.

As for members of the league, the only one I can reveal is Gym Guy, the one who spectates most of your battles, but he doesn't start doing that until Shelly for people who've played the game. I'm sure many of you could spectate who also is part of this group. There are actually 6 members as of right now, but that could possibly change. Don't worry though as all of this is side stuff and won't get in the way of the plot. Gym Guy's misadventures and how he manages to catch up to the player when all his brother failed is an example of this. (Fun fact: he's the one from Julia's Gym).

Hi, I've played Hardcore before and really liked it. Currently, I am replaying it to access the new challenges and features, but while doing the no item run, it seems that I can't open my bag even in wild pokemon battles. It doesn't seem like its supposed to happen given what you said when documenting the features of the mode. Is there a reason for this? Or is it an error in my game?

Hi, I've played Hardcore before and really liked it. Currently, I am replaying it to access the new challenges and features, but while doing the no item run, it seems that I can't open my bag even in wild pokemon battles. It doesn't seem like its supposed to happen given what you said when documenting the features of the mode. Is there a reason for this? Or is it an error in my game?

Ah, I know of that error and that was an oversight on my part. I believe that was a glitch in 1.5, but I thought I fixed it in 1.51. If you downloaded the link from this page (aka the download rar file reads CoM 1.51) please PM me and I'll give you a fix, but try redownloading from here first. I know of the error and it should have been fixed for wild Pokemon battles.

The alternative method is to just run regular Reborn for a little bit to catch a new wild Pokemon, but that really isn't practical.

Ah, I know of that error and that was an oversight on my part. I believe that was a glitch in 1.5, but I thought I fixed it in 1.51. If you downloaded the link from this page (aka the download rar file reads CoM 1.51) please PM me and I'll give you a fix, but try redownloading from here first. I know of the error and it should have been fixed for wild Pokemon battles.

The alternative method is to just run regular Reborn for a little bit to catch a new wild Pokemon, but that really isn't practical.

Yeah, I was using 1.5. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So Hardcore news after quite a while for the update. Yes, the E16 Beta is out. Yes, I've played and helped with the beta testing so I do no the contents of what's to come out. However, there is very minimal that I can share. There is one thing I can share: Hardcore likely will come out the day of or very close to the community release. AI seems to perform very similar to how it did before so testing likely won't be needed so much. Any issues or errors can be fixed for the CoM version.

I do have some bad news though. It looks like I'm going to need more time for the Moded version as I need to restructure the CoM, mostly the ones who abuse wind (aka Noel and Ciel). Hopefully this will be a PERMANENT fix to the problem just like I did with the whole CoM and alternate leaders. I'm hoping to have it ready in December, but it looks like Mid-January might be more reasonable. There is still a lot to do including the Mega ring quest. Hardcore's mega ring quest will be different than the regular one which I have a good reason for. I'm not sure what I'll replace the original quest prize for though.

Though I will throw one teaser out there: In the Hardcore E16 release, you'll see a building that is locked that is not in the regular version of Reborn. It's actually going to be accessible in the CoM version though.

AI seems to perform very similar to how it did before.

damn :( was hoping for some improvements in that area. mostly enemy tainers using the right moves more often than they currently do..

and yea im talking about regular reborn since i'm waiting for E16 to try out hardcore for first time ;p then again regular reborn directly affects this mod soo...

damn :( was hoping for some improvements in that area. mostly enemy tainers using the right moves more often than they currently do..

and yea im talking about regular reborn since i'm waiting for E16 to try out hardcore for first time ;p then again regular reborn directly affects this mod soo...

What I say applies to Hardcore, not to Reborn itself. The AI overall has improved to be about on par with Pre-XIV days though I did encounter with my fight designs a couple of not using the right move or best possible move. There is a lot of other things that have improved though which might surprise you. The AI mess ups in Hardcore were minimal so it's probably a good thing it won't be that much different.