Natural Beauty [Photography]

Ironbound

TVPzHMv.jpg

White chrysanthemum in bloom in my balcony

The world is very beautiful. This is a place for us to marvel at how wonderful the world truly is. Please post whatever you find beautiful or quirky or excellent in nature or around you, and let us all enjoy the good things in life.

Disclaimer: Standard forum rules apply. While the definition of what is beautiful is very subjective, there shall be no nudity or profanity, shock, gore, morbidity, outrage or intrusion of privacy, etc etc.

To start with, aside from the chrysanthemums up there, here are more things from my grounds and garden, fresh after an evening rain:

jxtAorI.jpg

A small tank of water in my yard. There are water lettuces in it.

f0n2zis.jpg

Lacewing eggs on a lily leaf. Lacewings lay their eggs on long stalks of stiff silk, hung off a twig or leaf, to try and keep them out of the senses of ants and other bugs that walk nearby. (FYI: lacewing larvae are what are called antlions, and those are what Trapinch and its family are based on)

I hope to see a lot more from this thread!

• Upvote 3

As a note, I think I'll be adding Photography to the basic tags list. It's a very different art form from other visual medias. ((and it's in this that I'll decide if I need to further the basic tags I first put out. I added Misc for a reason, I knew I'd forget to weigh options and maybe miss somethings. I'll have to update my threads. lol. Either way, I'm definitely looking into seeing just what I'll expand this too.))

Anyway, I'd prefer if ya'll not reply to this message and continue on this thread's natural progression. I just want folks to know that it was this one that more so, drove me to the conclusion to expand things and this is the record of that. It doesn't need any acknowledgement, it just need's to be seen I feel lol.

This is just my way of marking a thread that has brought a change to this forum. Maybe I'm just silly, maybe I'm a sentimental fool... but I feel it deserves me to at least mention this. I apologize, but I've got nothing to share here myself. Hukuna Sensei, out.~

But you know I like to do things you tell me not to, Huk, so I'm breaking the fourth wall and responding to your notice anyhow

As I had told you earlier, and now telling others as well, there are three reasons why this thread is here, in CW, and not in Trainer's Journal:

1. This gives Huk an incentive to expand the scope of his turf to include other visual art forms.

2. TJ is a capricious place full of all kinds of crappendoodles that are constantly updated. This should go to a quieter, less hectic place, where it can stick around for longer without being superseded in short intervals by something else.

3. Let's just say I like to keep my threads in Huk's fiefdom and not in the wilds of edginess and gloom beyond though I had considered putting this in the Nightclub solely for the irony factor :D

Anyways, now it is here and open to everyone who has a care for Nature. Look outside the window and see what you see! Perhaps that way, your own problems will recede to being less stressful. Stop and smell the roses, quite literally.

(No offence to my man Gloom, though. I like Vileplume.)

Ahem, to continue:

sNbrEE7.jpg

I have observed Dragonfly nymphs in my pond. This is a healthy indicator of good pond life, since these little guys eat other insect larvae, especially unwanted things like mosquitoes'.

Finally I have some time to post here even though I'm technically procrastinating. In April, I went on an excursion to Malham Tarn, a lake in Yorkshire, England, for a challenge held by the Geography Association. It was among the most picturesque places I've ever been, and I had with me my phone with which to take some pictures to permanently record my memories.

IMPaDQm.jpg

Janet's Foss, situated in a nice little valley surrounded by trees and garlic plants.

7e4nFxx.jpg

The garlic plants in question. I really am pleased with how this photo came out. The greens are so vibrant.

59bVFOD.jpg

The valley on the way to Gordale Scar. The duo with the purple beanie and the blue hood are my friends who were also on the team who went to Yorkshire.

sOL0Bss.jpg

RPP0MHe.jpg

ybxxn9J.jpg

The tremendous Gordale Scar. A waterfall carved a scar into the earth over many thousands of years. The second picture really puts the size of the thing into perspective.

ysp0MVf.jpg

A view from the garden of the centre where I was staying, this was taken quite early in the morning. The lake beyond the trees is the Malham Tarn.

8SiBN5E.jpg

I really like playing with depth of field.

GlPXnvN.jpg

It might have been a cloudy day, but that doesn't stop the Yorkshire Dales from boasting one heck of a view.

hVHFpbn.jpg

I'm not sure any number of pictures will properly convey the colossal wall that was the Malham Cove. The climbers scaling it were tiny specks from where I stood.

• Upvote 4

I should post some pictures too. I take a lot of landscape photos of cities for my instagram but rarely have i taken pictures from my front yard and backyard, which is filled with flowers. Here's one of them:

muimYeV.jpg

Here's a picture from last year, when I went to a farm for the halloween time. The landscapes and shots I could get were amaize-ing. (Haha, get it? Corn maze? Maize = Corn?... c:)

d04a67fd868a4a078126457a5d0449ba.png

Here's one more picture. A side note, the first image was from my new phone, wheras these remaining two were from my old phone. I dunno if this counts, but the day was lovely, the clouds were nice, and there was a lot of trees. Oh, and I was in San Francisco too sooo, i took this.

9deafe549b384c118a744bc8370a3cef.png

Glad I could share these. i'll post more at a later time c:

• Upvote 1

I don't know why Reborn isn't accepting these pictures, but have these bonsai I got from the National Orchid Park. I go there every year for visits and competitions from art to road runs.

zli0gIn.jpg

rsUyBz6.jpg

Edited by mde2001
Added the pictures into your post for you as it wasn't working for you.
  • Upvote 2

Camera shots taken from the general vicinity of my village

Ldo5Ouc.jpg

0Iloeco.jpg

RE0bYZv.jpg

4v1yVTv.jpg

xBZzm8K.jpg

kCRkBlB.jpg

View from my balcony early in the morning

nkCHJ5e.jpg

Bird's nest in one of our olive trees

bDLSGNB.jpg

A visitor we had one night when we went camping

jpWXp0F.jpg

gmFtaEH.jpg

bonus video coming soon, hopefully, if i manage to upload it somewhere

edit: here it is

https://youtu.be/3DVVw05e_o4

Edited by DemICE
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This is a real picture of the Terracotta army that I visited in China last year. I have tons more photos about it but they'd take a while to upload, so to revive this thread, have this first. 

d8debe78f6bb43388e4117f132d11678.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...