[OOC/Sign-Ups] Turnabout Vegeance

Sparky

Times are different than what they once were as the dark age of the law where Defense Attorneys are heralded with disdain as per the actions of an infamous Attorney known as Phoenix Wright as he had presented forged evidence in court, but that story was one of it's own that had reached it's own conclusion. This one is going to be the beginning of a new attorney's story. Will this rookie attorney be able to solve the case with the aid of his assistant?

Welcome everyone! For those who don´t know me, I´m Sparky and I´ll be your host in this adventure. Before we get this trial underway, please allow me to lay down some ground rules.

-Respect the other players
Everybody here is just looking for fun. Bullying other people is NOT funny. Anyone disrepecting this rule will be excluded from the RP with no chance of coming back.

-Respect the Mods
Be it me or whoever else is acting as mod, keep in mind that we're using our time to make something entertaining for you.

-No Bunnying
If you're new to RPs, bunnying is controlling someone else's character, and it's not nice in a bit. If you have to interact with another PC, post your actions and wait for the other player's reaction.

Edith Burke:

Background - Born to a middle class family, Edith's life was pretty standard. She got high grades and earned herself a scholarship to the Willingham University of Medicine. A dedicated student and hard worker, she got a scar on her forehead.In a car accident that left her traumatized, causing her to drop out of school and refuse to study.

Played by: Captain Breakfast

Johnathan Mendoza:

Background: Comes from a prestigious family of doctors. He graduated top of his class from a prestigious university, became head surgeon at a hospital and was revered across the country as one of it's greatest doctors. He got married and had a daughter named Abigail. Johnathan was incredibly strict with her, wanting her to follow the same path as him. This lead to a flimsy relationship between the two, often fighting over the smallest things. Johnathan became old, and had to retire from active medicine, So he chose to become a teacher at Willingham University of Medicine, the place where his daughter was studying.

Played by: None

Marcus Adams:

Background: A local Cyclist champion that happened to run into an altercation with Edith over the vitamin supplements
that he had bought at her supermarket days prior.

Played by: Mr. Divergent

Delilah Hendrix:

Background: A classy and uptight woman, to Delilah's annoyance she never made it very far with her business degree.
She currently supervises the health and hygiene department of super markets, and has come to odds with Edith before.

Played by: Sparky

Sparrow Goodman:

Background: At a young age was a huge fan of detective movies. It was his dream to help others through justice and the law. He applied to a school that he thought was a detective school. He actually applied to "The Grand University of Justice", a school for lawyers not detectives. At first, Sparrow was distraught as he only found out about his mistake when it was too late to switch schools, But very quickly he fell in love with the lawyer way of doing things, as it also fit into his idea of protecting others. Sparrow finished his degree, passed the BAR exam and got his attorney's badge.

Played by: None

Beth Anderson:

Background: At a young age, Beth had a nack for computers. Her dad worked at IT jobs, and from a young age Beth was using a computer for her every day needs.Eventually she took interest in coding and that only grew to help Sparrow piece together cases to present in court to get their client a non-guilty verdict.

Played by: K_H

Arthur Chivalry:

Background: Originally born in a small poor family, Arthur and his mother were physically abused by Arthur's father. The abuse escalated until his mother died, but the court ruled it an accident; However, they decreed that it was no home for a child to live in, and was taken by child services. Arthur was soon adopted by the Chivalry family at the age of 10. They took him in because they had no children of their own, but also because they saw the rage in his eyes. They encouraged him to seek vengeance against his father, for all of the crimes he committed and didn't get punished for. Arthur studied law, and pursued it graduating first in his class.
He became a prosecutor with a an astounding history of victory; Eventually, Arthur found the case he was looking for; his father was involved in the murder of a woman. Taking up the prosecution, Arthur won the trial in less than an hour. He managed to prove without a doubt that his father was guilty, and landed him in jail for life. Arthur is still a prosecutor, pursuing what he calls "justice" and punishing those who seek to hurt it.

Played by: Red_Chaos

Shane Williams:

Background: He originally joined the military, doing service for five years as a military police supervisor. He was an expert at finding inconsistencies and clues when dealing with his fellow soldiers; However, there was a certain general that didn't like Shane snooping around. Shane was framed for the murder of another soldier. Shane's innocence was proven in court, but he was honorably discharged as he was deemed unfit for service. He decided to instead become a detective, using his skills of deduction to help civilians instead of prosecuting soldiers.

Played by: Stratos/Sutoratosu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never knew this was up despite seeing the RP section quite a bit since the FE started but I'm so in. FINALLY Sparky. ;)

I'm a noob so please don't hate me for making a mistake if I do. Please just let me know what I did wrong so I know for the future. :)

Let's have loads of fun everyone. :D

I never knew this was up despite seeing the RP section quite a bit since the FE started but I'm so in. FINALLY Sparky. ;)

I'm a noob so please don't hate me for making a mistake if I do. Please just let me know what I did wrong so I know for the future. :)

Let's have loads of fun everyone. :D

As much as I know you were hyped to be a part of this RP, I'm going to have to decline giving you a role. I'm exercising the right of refusal as the RP's host, due to some things I've heard that do not need to be discussed. I do not mean to insult you in any possible way.

Uhh if I'm being refused, I want to know why so I can address it and see if we can work past it so yes please discuss it with me or I will go to a mod and get us to discuss it regardless because I don't think this is fair. :)

Please pm me when you can and I would greatly appreciate it.

• Support Squad

Uhh if I'm being refused, I want to know why so I can address it and see if we can work past it so yes please discuss it with me or I will go to a mod and get us to discuss it regardless because I don't think this is fair. :) Please pm me when you can and I would greatly appreciate it.

If Sparky has been disrespectful, you could take it to mods. He was as polite as he could be without disclosing details to the public. Otherwise, it's his RP, he gets the say.

Uhh if I'm being refused, I want to know why so I can address it and see if we can work past it so yes please discuss it with me or I will go to a mod and get us to discuss it regardless because I don't think this is fair. :) Please pm me when you can and I would greatly appreciate it.

If you want to take it up with a mod, I'd say take it up with Rose. I was only trying to state it in a non-insulting manner. I don't want to leave any ill feelings between us. I just don't want to discuss the details of why I'm refusing you, because some of them are a bit personal to someone else that's not involved in this RP.

If Sparky has been disrespectful, you could take it to mods. He was as polite as he could be without disclosing details to the public. Otherwise, it's his RP, he gets the say.

If you want to take it up with a mod, I'd say take it up with Rose. I was only trying to state it in a non-insulting manner. I don't want to leave any ill feelings between us. I just don't want to discuss the details of why I'm refusing you, because some of them are a bit personal to someone else that's not involved in this RP.

That's the thing though. I'm not meaning to go to a mod because you are mean or rude or something. I would be going to a mod in order to get the truth out of you about why you randomly reject me despite being okay with me joining back on showdown when you mentioned this a while ago and during the interest check. What changed? :( You were very polite which I do apologize for if I was rude somehow and the fact I thought we were friends or at least neutral made me even more surprised you rejected me from taking part when you are looking for people and I offered :(. I am someone who wants to know why things happened but if it involves someone else I hurt somehow then include them in the conversation so I can at least address it. Please PM me Sparky and add the person because I don't know who it is but you do or else I would PM you. :) Thanks and have a great day.

Sidenote: If it is Rose, me and her are on good standing again as far as I know so you don't have to dislike me if she did before because me and her are good now. Only reason I say if it is her is because you said speak to her if I'm going to a mod to discuss the situation.

In regards to what Dobby said about being polite, I agree but I'm not trying to get Sparky to say anything publicly. I'm saying to PM me so we can in private talk about why he rejected me. That's all.

Edited by pbood2

• Support Squad

My point was that if Sparky had discussed why he didn't want you in the RP you might deem that something reportable.

I'm a proponent of communication in situations like these but it's Sparky's choice. Neither you, nor the mods, can force an answer. The respectful thing to do, and the more likely way to get a place at all, is to step back and accept that.

My point was that if Sparky had discussed why he didn't want you in the RP you might deem that something reportable.

I'm a proponent of communication in situations like these but it's Sparky's choice. Neither you, nor the mods, can force an answer. The respectful thing to do, and the more likely way to get a place at all, is to step back and accept that.

Nah I know it's his choice who he lets in or not and I was interested and wanted my first RP to be for a friend but oh well I guess.

I understand that you can't force an answer and to step back and accept it but I just don't understand what I did that was so bad that makes me someone who people hate/dislike here now. :(

Pbood, enough. Sparky has already given you his decision; it is the host's right to refuse any player regardless of what the actual reasons are. Furthermore, he has declined your requests for an explanation, and so you will have to respect that. Continuing to badger him for one is not only rude, it is off topic. So please, keep any further discussion on this matter to PMs, being aware that if you become problematic there, it will be treated accordingly as Sparky has the right to be respected in that venue of communication as well.

I'm going to make a note here as one of the RP mods around here so that this is on record.

Hosts do not have an obligation to explain why they do not choose a player to be within their RP. This information is theirs to do with as they will. Public or even in private. They don't have an obligation to tell you why they came to a decision. This is for their own protection. They have the right to decline telling you. If they say they do not want to respect this decision and move on. They have the right to keep their reasoning to themselves. You would have the same if you were a host.

Irl, if you don't get hired for a position they don't have an obligation to tell you why such was the case. You can go in and ask, but they can just say no to releasing that information. It is in place to protect employers from individuals that feel entitled to a position and will try and pry that information to use as leverage etc... and force their ways in etc. It isn't okay to harass someone to get your way. Ever. Because that isn't of their free will it is coercion.

At this point Sparky has refused to comment on it. He has this right. You can bring it up to the mods and we can talk to him on your behalf but if he still declines that is the end of the story. From there, it becomes harassment. Using us to try and pry this information from someone is akin to trying to force information out of someone at gunpoint etc... you are using an outside force to try and force what you want. ((the information)) However, this goes against the Hosts right to withhold said information. They are not obligated to share the reasons why and they never will be. That is 100% up to them. If they want to reveal this it's up to them and whatever comes on it is on them from the decision to reveal that. However, if they choose not to, that is to be respected. You aren't entitled to it just cause you don't understand why he reached that conclusion.

Uhh if I'm being refused, I want to know why so I can address it and see if we can work past it so yes please discuss it with me or I will go to a mod and get us to discuss it regardless because I don't think this is fair.

This is not respected that decision. Yourself have told Sparky that if he doesn't comply you will go to the mods and force him to yourself. So, even if you do respect his decision to not include you in the RP, you DO NOT respect him in the manner that he has no obligation to tell you. You are holding him at ransom for this information. "if you don't talk to me, then I will do X." If you cannot see what is wrong with this line of thinking, I'm sorry, because it's something one needs to understand.
You need to respect hosts and their right to not give that information publicly OR PRIVATELY. Because we as mods cannot force them to tell you and we would never do so. You say it's not fair for you. In reality, it's only unfair to the host. People will treat you as you treat them. Bullying them to give you what you want isn't the most endearing thing in the world. You must respect others before they respect you. It is at least clear to me that you don't respect the host's right to keep that information to themselves and as a person in this instance. You do not like their desicion and therefore are trying to reach over Sparky's head as a host to get someone else to see the reasons why so that they can reassess. This isn't fair to Sparky in the least and it is trying to take away his ability to control his own RP, or make decisions regarding it.
If a host is being unreasonable... there is precedence where you can get me or Murdoc ((or any mod you are comfortable talking to)) to take a look. However... not only a host can be such. Players can and honestly more often than not are the offenders of this. You need to respect their decisions as they have a right to govern their RP as they see fit. Sparky has done nothing i would consider in the wrong. You however are infringing on his right to manage and control his RP as he sees fit. Now... I don't want to seem like I'm being overly harsh cause I'm not. You are disrespecting someone here a lot. You are disrespecting the host of this RP by demanding an answer that he has no obligation to give. You need to understand that. Because it's not fair to the host to extort them for information and threaten that you'll get the mods to force them to if they will not. That is what is happening here and you need to recognize it.
I'm not going to warn for now. But you need to drop this and let it go. In all honesty, I probably should warn for the level of disrespect towards the host within this instance however, I'd rather reach a peaceful solution if possible that doesn't need to resort to that. So, I'm telling ya... You really need to drop this. Because the person within the wrong isn't Sparky. The guy has every right to say no to your request. You don't have the right to keep harassing him until he does.

Pbood, enough. Sparky has already given you his decision; it is the host's right to refuse any player regardless of what the actual reasons are. Furthermore, he has declined your requests for an explanation, and so you will have to respect that. Continuing to badger him for one is not only rude, it is off topic. So please, keep any further discussion on this matter to PMs, being aware that if you become problematic there, it will be treated accordingly as Sparky has the right to be respected in that venue of communication as well.

I saw his decision and I respect that it's his RP and he can do whatever he wants. My only issue was that he randomly rejected me when he said it was totally fine to take part during the interest check a while ago. I just wanted to know why but I'm not going to harass or extort (didn't realize I was doing that sorry.) to get it and would rather just forget about this RP and what happened than get into trouble leading to more points.

I did not mean to disrespect Sparky at all at any point and I maybe got heated over this than I should have.

I'm going to make a note here as one of the RP mods around here so that this is on record.

Hosts do not have an obligation to explain why they do not choose a player to be within their RP. This information is theirs to do with as they will. Public or even in private. They don't have an obligation to tell you why they came to a decision. This is for their own protection. They have the right to decline telling you. If they say they do not want to respect this decision and move on. They have the right to keep their reasoning to themselves. You would have the same if you were a host.

Irl, if you don't get hired for a position they don't have an obligation to tell you why such was the case. You can go in and ask, but they can just say no to releasing that information. It is in place to protect employers from individuals that feel entitled to a position and will try and pry that information to use as leverage etc... and force their ways in etc. It isn't okay to harass someone to get your way. Ever. Because that isn't of their free will it is coercion.

At this point Sparky has refused to comment on it. He has this right. You can bring it up to the mods and we can talk to him on your behalf but if he still declines that is the end of the story. From there, it becomes harassment. Using us to try and pry this information from someone is akin to trying to force information out of someone at gunpoint etc... you are using an outside force to try and force what you want. ((the information)) However, this goes against the Hosts right to withhold said information. They are not obligated to share the reasons why and they never will be. That is 100% up to them. If they want to reveal this it's up to them and whatever comes on it is on them from the decision to reveal that. However, if they choose not to, that is to be respected. You aren't entitled to it just cause you don't understand why he reached that conclusion.

This is not respected that decision. Yourself have told Sparky that if he doesn't comply you will go to the mods and force him to yourself. So, even if you do respect his decision to not include you in the RP, you DO NOT respect him in the manner that he has no obligation to tell you. You are holding him at ransom for this information. "if you don't talk to me, then I will do X." If you cannot see what is wrong with this line of thinking, I'm sorry, because it's something one needs to understand.
You need to respect hosts and their right to not give that information publicly OR PRIVATELY. Because we as mods cannot force them to tell you and we would never do so. You say it's not fair for you. In reality, it's only unfair to the host. People will treat you as you treat them. Bullying them to give you what you want isn't the most endearing thing in the world. You must respect others before they respect you. It is at least clear to me that you don't respect the host's right to keep that information to themselves and as a person in this instance. You do not like their desicion and therefore are trying to reach over Sparky's head as a host to get someone else to see the reasons why so that they can reassess. This isn't fair to Sparky in the least and it is trying to take away his ability to control his own RP, or make decisions regarding it.
If a host is being unreasonable... there is precedence where you can get me or Murdoc ((or any mod you are comfortable talking to)) to take a look. However... not only a host can be such. Players can and honestly more often than not are the offenders of this. You need to respect their decisions as they have a right to govern their RP as they see fit. Sparky has done nothing i would consider in the wrong. You however are infringing on his right to manage and control his RP as he sees fit. Now... I don't want to seem like I'm being overly harsh cause I'm not. You are disrespecting someone here a lot. You are disrespecting the host of this RP by demanding an answer that he has no obligation to give. You need to understand that. Because it's not fair to the host to extort them for information and threaten that you'll get the mods to force them to if they will not. That is what is happening here and you need to recognize it.
I'm not going to warn for now. But you need to drop this and let it go. In all honesty, I probably should warn for the level of disrespect towards the host within this instance however, I'd rather reach a peaceful solution if possible that doesn't need to resort to that. So, I'm telling ya... You really need to drop this. Because the person within the wrong isn't Sparky. The guy has every right to say no to your request. You don't have the right to keep harassing him until he does.

Is it okay to ask you to talk to Sparky on my behalf then Huk or get Rose to because Sparky said if I want to get a mod, it should be Rose? If he still doesn't want to explain, then so be it and I'll drop it just fine. I did read this whole thing and to summarize my reply, I get everything you are saying about respecting and that he has no obligation to explain but I am just a stickler for fairness for some reason. I just don't see that's its ok for a RP master to decide not to include someone for a personal reason and not have to explain even privately about it if asked. If it was I'm a terrible person and I'm going to bunny or something then sure it's basically an RP environment reason but I'm not and I wish people can see me for the real kind, caring, loyal person I am. :( I will not harass or extort Sparky so sorry if you thought I was trying to do that. He's my friend still and I wouldn't do that to him. :) I will admit I shouldn't have made the mod threat at the beginning because that really shows I was not respecting him when I really was trying to respect him while being polite like he was but also getting down to the bottom of this whole thing.

I have a question for you Huk. Say you were in my shoes where your friends in the past have backstabbed you and you didn't know till later and then this comes up where Sparky says he has no issue with me but someone else does and that's why you're not allowed to participate. Personally, I'm wondering if my supposed friends or acquaintances here have badmouthed and slandered me to Sparky because of past experience. What would you do in this case though? Me, I want to find out who it is that hates/dislikes me or betrayed me so I can address it whether that is cutting them off, forgiving them, talking with them and seeing what I did to make them hate me and I never realized it, etc.

Thanks for not warning me you guys. I do appreciate your kindness. Also, this is not off-topic but instead I am replying to your guys posts and unless you post again about this, I'm done doing so so don't worry about that. :) I took a lot of time to write this despite it being so short and I thought a lot about what to put so if it does sound rude or harsh, not my intention and I'm trying to write what I mean with little ambiguity.

I saw his decision and I respect that it's his RP and he can do whatever he wants. My only issue was that he randomly rejected me when he said it was totally fine to take part during the interest check a while ago. I just wanted to know why but I'm not going to harass or extort (didn't realize I was doing that sorry.) to get it and would rather just forget about this RP and what happened than get into trouble leading to more points.

I did not mean to disrespect Sparky at all at any point and I maybe got heated over this than I should have.

Firstly, he'd didn't randomly reject you. He reached a decision and decided not to include you. His reasoning for that is his own and if he doesn't wish to divulge it, he does not have to. Further he is allowed to change his mind and not tell you why as well. Secondly, whether you meant it or not, that is exactly what has occurred. Disrespecting someone is breaking the rules here... your intent doesn't factor in. I've been lenient thus far but I really didn't have to do so. You've broke the rules and I do have the grounds to warn. I have not in this instance but I will if it continues to be pursued. Lastly, if you want to forget it... let it go and walk away. Don't continue posting and bringing it up. If you want to move on do so. This isn't that. It continuing exactly what you have been and pressing for that information even still.

I did read this whole thing and to summarize my reply, I get everything you are saying about respecting and that he has no obligation to explain but I am just a stickler for fairness for some reason. I just don't see that's its ok for a RP master to decide not to include someone for a personal reason and not have to explain even privately about it if asked. If it was I'm a terrible person and I'm going to bunny or something then sure it's basically an RP environment reason but I'm not and I wish people can see me for the real kind, caring, loyal person I am. :( I will not harass or extort Sparky so sorry if you thought I was trying to do that. He's my friend still and I wouldn't do that to him. :) I will admit I shouldn't have made the mod threat at the beginning because that really shows I was not respecting him when I really was trying to respect him while being polite like he was but also getting down to the bottom of this whole thing.

If you read what I wrote you'd understand that this is completely fair. It's you who is being unfair. I've siad this multiple times in my post that you understand all of. Further, you don't know it's a personal reason. Further even if it was, he isn't obligated to tell you that it was. You don't have any grounds to press such an accusation and even if you did it is still within his rights to not tell you. Sparky is a person who is exercising his right to not speak on something. You are the one trying to undermine it on some hunch. You are trying to reach over his head and force the mods to make him tell you. You are the one in the wrong here. Regardless of any other factors you need to understand that. You are the one that is disrespecting another. Not the other way around. Whether it is your intent to do so doesn't matter. Itis what you are doing. You are trying to extort him for this info by your own words and your actions. If that isn't what you're doing... drop the matter. BOOM! It ceases to be that entirely. Because pursuin this only reinforces that is what is happening. Because that is the only reason at this point. I as a mod am not going to help you step around the rights of another member. Sparky has stated he doesn't want to speak about it, he doesn't have to. End of discussion.

I have a question for you Huk. Say you were in my shoes where your friends in the past have backstabbed you and you didn't know till later and then this comes up where Sparky says he has no issue with me but someone else does and that's why you're not allowed to participate. Personally, I'm wondering if my supposed friends or acquaintances here have badmouthed and slandered me to Sparky because of past experience. What would you do in this case though? Me, I want to find out who it is that hates/dislikes me or betrayed me so I can address it whether that is cutting them off, forgiving them, talking with them and seeing what I did to make them hate me and I never realized it, etc.

This is entirely irrelevant. What I would do is entirely anecdotal and further doesn't exonerate you of anything. If I'd do the same that doesn't make it the right thing to do at all. And if I did different it still wouldn't help. The point is my actions in that situation don't matter. It's not something that's happened and all this does is serve to distract from the matter at hand. I shouldn't really even address this, but it needs to be known that regardless it's not relevant to the matter at hand. Further... I do believe that there is much healthier ways to sort these things out then threatening these people without outside forces. I am a mod because I have a job to do. I am not a mod to sort out your relationships with other members of the community. It's just not my responsibility.

Thanks for not warning me you guys. I do appreciate your kindness. Also, this is not off-topic but instead I am replying to your guys posts and unless you post again about this, I'm done doing so so don't worry about that. :) I took a lot of time to write this despite it being so short and I thought a lot about what to put so if it does sound rude or harsh, not my intention and I'm trying to write what I mean with little ambiguity.

This isn't a stance I can afford much longer. Anyway continued posting WILL be off topic. If you wish to drop this... drop it now. Like, right now right now. I said earlier I already have grounds for a warning. I have refrained. But, Murdoc and I can no longer sit on this is this situation continues. We will be forced to issue a warning and possible warnings. ((and if Murdoc warns you you can be certain I 100% support that decision. He's my co-mod for a reason. I trust him. The same goes for the rest of my auth team. I trust them and if they do the warning you can be sure it's cause I'm fine with it.)) Look, if it's not your intent to be doing this you need to stop now. Pushing only makes it look worse and worse. It only shows more and more that your intent IS to try and extort this out of Sparky. You have told me now it isn't your intention. Prove it to me by dropping this here and now. If you continue I cannot say that you will not be warned. Because I will no longer be able to sit back and do nothing. My hand will be forced and I will have to act. I haven't up until this point cause I'm probably a bit too forgiving. But I've got a limit... you're reaching it. So, show me it's not your intent by not replying to this message and dropping this.

As a note since you asked me this:

Is it okay to ask you to talk to Sparky on my behalf then Huk or get Rose to because Sparky said if I want to get a mod, it should be Rose? If he still doesn't want to explain, then so be it and I'll drop it just fine.

I've talked to him, and he has expressed that he doesn't wish to divulge it. He is within his rights to do so.

How will the RP work Sparky? Will it be one case or multiple cases over time and when will you show some first case information? I hope you get the number of people you need because this looks cool. :D

Just curious. :)

How will the RP work Sparky? Will it be one case or multiple cases over time and when will you show some first case information? I hope you get the number of people you need because this looks cool. :D

Just curious. :)

Just one to test the waters and see if people want more.