Games You Never Beat

Raviel the Phantom

I am sure all of us, at one point or another, reached a certain part of a game that no matter what we couldn't get passed a certain point. This is especially for the older generations with games that did not have save files. Whether you didn't have the skill or the levels were so ridiculous, you just stopped and never got to the end. And I'm not talking about quitting a game because you didn't like it. Also I don't mean 100% completion, I mean you were not able to finish the story.

I actually have two, one when I was younger, and the other I still cannot beat until this day.

1. Vectorman for the SEGA genesis, I would always run out of lives by the fourth or fifth stage. There was a boss that was hard to avoid its attacks, and seven-year-old me couldn't do it. Never found a copy to redeem myself.

2. Five Nights at Freddy's 2: Night 6. No matter how I try, I have never been able to beat that night. It is the only game in the franchise that I couldn't do it.

Does beating a game mean not beating 100% or just not beating the main game? If we go by the first one, there are loads of games I haven't beaten, Mario Sunshine being one of them because I never got my 120 shine sprites before my GC broke.

If we're talking the second one, my answer is Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I've beaten every other one I've played except for it. Sailing boats just doesn't do it for me.

League of Legends

Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2. I liked the games but playing the first one after playing the second one means its missing the stuff they added into the second one, and after a while the second one got hard/grindy and it's kinda like FE where you want to play with all or most of the characters but you can't.

3DS. I think one of the last boss fights as riku was being a bitch, idr.

Bioshock. I was very attracted by the setting and story and all but after an hour of gameplay of so I rememembered I can't stand first person shooters so I left the game and read the book instead.

legend of zelda and legend of zelda 2 the adventure of link. i got close with the first one then stopped and i was doing good with 2 (tho i had save states going on) but then messed something up and lost a lot of progress =w= then got discouraged and never went back.

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

I finished every C&C games campaigns... except this abomination... I TRIED! But the game was so bad I couldn't handle it to keep on playing after finishing the GDI-Campaign and starting with NOD...

Disgaea

I'm a fan of those tactic RPGs... but after like 40 hours of gametime I realized how grindy it would become, because Enemies kept being like 20+ levels above and one-shot me... and then looking up and realizing that it goes up to like Level 99999999 (whatever) I just quit - I don't have time for THAT HUGE AMOUNT of grind.

I wanna be the guy

I know it's just memory and execution... but some screens were just bullshit...

Dragon Age: Origins

It's a great game... but I never finished it... at some point I got stuck in this weird Magic-Dimension, where you are some kind of fire-Spirit, with no way out and everything 2 shot me...

MegaMan X7 (I think...)

the first 3D Mega Man where they introduce Axl ... god that game was bad... the controls were horrible... and you couldn't play as X until you did some stupid stuff in some stages... just uuuuugh

• Global Mods

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I got stuck at the part where you're Bowser and have to beat the mech.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Got stuck on the final boss.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. My speed and timing aren't enough at the fourth boss.

Bioshock. I was very attracted by the setting and story and all but after an hour of gameplay of so I rememembered I can't stand first person shooters so I left the game and read the book instead.

It was very light on the first person shooting and really emphasized sneaking, so that kinda turned me off. There was a lot of boring exploration and it tried to sell its story on piecemeal information and atmosphere. And dumb perks like bees. So I didn't finish it either. You dropped it because it was a shooter. I dropped it because it wasn't a good shooter by any means. Just like MGS isn't a good shooter. You're NOT supposed to shoot shit except to tranq and sneak around.

Megaman Battle Network 3. I have never been able to defeat the final boss because my folder building skills suck. And to think there's an extended postgame afterwards...

You just gotta get a style you like and build a folder around a good Advance, lIke the 2xDeuxHero or Gater. Add in those chips that instantly fill the custom guage and the ones that make it fill faster (make that your default chip if you have enough memory for it). I'm probably gonna bust out the old system and see what I put into my folders. My copy of MMBN3 is literally just sitting on the coffee table in front of me as I type. I just need to dig out an old DS system to pop it into.

Borderlands: The Presequel. Idk, there was something really bland about this one that combined with slow pacing to make get bored pretty early on and drop it. The BL2 magic just wasn't there.

• Support Squad

There are many games I haven't beaten simply because I lost interest in them or found something else to entertain them. Those are the less interesting cases so I'll talk about the ones I could not beat due to actual difficulty and actively dropped instead of letting them fall by the wayside.

Lost Magic is an old ass little known Ds game that tried to be an RTS. You control a mage and a few monsters and direct them through a level to achieve an objective, typically beating a certain boss. You could use the mage to cast particular spells by drawing sigils on the touch screen. I did technically beat the story but I did so by taking what felt like the easy way out in the story. On one particular route you gain the ability to draw three elemental runes and thus cast the highest tier of magic. In doing so you get much stronger and can catch much stronger monster units. The later stages of the game get very, very hard without this.

The next is They Bleed Pixels. I set this down on the fifth dream or so, where I just could not beat the damn level or make any progres. A very hard platformer that i'd still reccomend even with the difficulty. Maybe you'll do better where I failed.

Also XCOM on any difficulty other than normal cuz FUCK THAT GAME AND ITS RNG. The RNG really gets tilted on higher difficulties and it gets to be pretty bullshit.

Mega Man Network Transmission: back when Blockbuster was a thing, I rented this game.....one of my biggest regrets ever, I could've rented something so much better. Couldn't even get past the first boss. I thought I was just bad at the game, but a few months ago or so I saw some people's opinions on it and it seemed like the first part of the game is just really bad, while afterwards it gets somewhat better.....somewhat

Mega Man Network Transmission: back when Blockbuster was a thing, I rented this game.....one of my biggest regrets ever, I could've rented something so much better. Couldn't even get past the first boss. I thought I was just bad at the game, but a few months ago or so I saw some people's opinions on it and it seemed like the first part of the game is just really bad, while afterwards it gets somewhat better.....somewhat

Yeah, it wasn't a great game. I was disappointed in it myself, but hey, the first boss isn't that bad. I think I have a copy of it around here.

Blade Kitten- bad game

Castle Crashers- more effort than its worth

Mirror's Edge- did not enjoy at all

Sonic Adventure 2- broken game

No Time To Explain- bad game

Elements: Soul of Fire- far more effort than its worth

Forced- terrible game

Strife- old cryptic games are the worst. I get it you had to make the game last. MAZES ARE NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!

Bioshock Infinite- The last bit of the game is bit to difficult for me, my friends tell me I've basically finished it though so I can't really be bothered to put in the effort.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2- That last bit with the Striders is stupid just awful It isn't fun at all and I just can't be bothered to struggle through it. I ended up looking up the ending.

Risk of Rain- I found this game really really boring

Forced- terrible game

I will fight you to the death over this point.

I see Forced as among the mechanically best Co-Op games ever made with challenging gameplay that requires true team-work and mastery of the games' systems to succeed at, and something that all Co-Op games should aspire to emulate.

Edited by Tartar

You just gotta get a style you like and build a folder around a good Advance, lIke the 2xDeuxHero or Gater. Add in those chips that instantly fill the custom guage and the ones that make it fill faster (make that your default chip if you have enough memory for it). I'm probably gonna bust out the old system and see what I put into my folders. My copy of MMBN3 is literally just sitting on the coffee table in front of me as I type. I just need to dig out an old DS system to pop it into.

I tried to make a folder that incorporated more power but lacked synergy. I can show off my folder (Yes, I used the Number Trader), but looking at it I just can't feel like it's such a mess.

Oh, and I have beat MMBN2, thank you very much "Game Officially Trivialized: The PA" known as Gater.

Another game I haven't beat is Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door, again, because the final boss tears me apart. I never got the hang of superguarding, I have trouble with near-frame perfect timings.