[PU] Forgotten

Cool Girl

So, I'm not sure if this team is good or not, which is why I'm posting here. I also give credit to NovaKnight for helping me build this team. So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, here is the team!

AT A GLANCE

luxray.gifarmaldo.gifsimisage.gifdusclops.gifzweilous.gifmetang.gif

THE TEAM

luxray.gif

Luxray @ Flame Orb

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Volt Switch
- Superpower
- Fire Fang
So, I heard from a lot of people that Luxray is one of the best pokémons in PU. Also, Guts + Flame/Toxic Orb + Facade is a huge monster killer. I used this combo on my Ursaring in Reborn and man, it pretty much KOs any pokémon
armaldo.gif
Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 148 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Armaldo on this team is the pokémon that gets rid of hazards and also gets rid of my opponent's pokémon items. It can also deal some damage
simisage.gif
Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
So, once I got two team members, I noticed that there is a ground weakness and that I also needed a special attacker. Then, I thought of Simisage. Simisage is not only a grass type, but also a good special attacker. Nasty Plot + Giga Drain deals huge damage. Substitute helps deal minimum damage to Simisage
dusclops.gif
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
So, after that, I wanted a staller. I also heard that Dusclops is a good pokémon in PU, so I added Dusclops. Calm Mind + Attack move works. Rest is there to heal it
zweilous.gif
Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
So, I always reserve the last two spots on my team to cover any weakness my team may have. Zweilous is also another staller on my team just to be on the safe side.
metang.gif
Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
Finally, Metang is there to cover Ice weakness as Simisage is a vital member of this team
Copy-Paste Team

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Volt Switch
- Superpower
- Fire Fang
Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 148 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Well, there you have it folks! As usual, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! And tune in next time I post a team! :D

Before I write a big hullabaloo... I'll note that your team has a huge Knock Off weakness. 4 out of your 6 Pokemon aren't keen on taking it. Luxray pre-burn, and all three eviolite users. ((two of which are weak to dark.)) Like There's 0 risk for them clicking Knock Off against this team as even your resist is crippled by it. Zweilious will lose a significant chuck of bulk once it's Evio is gone regardless if the hit hurt or not. Like Pawniard is trouble. Mostly, it can set up SDs for free on quite a few mons here. Dusclops and Zwei it's faster than both and neither can retaliate. ((since you're optiing to run Shadow Ball instead of Will-o-Wisp on Dusclops.)) It also outspeeds Metang and therefore can set up on it too. Sucker Punch allows it to dent Luxray really hard and with SR up or any prior damage... Ohko. This leaves Simisage and Armaldo. Armaldo can't switch in and if Pawnard is set up, it loses. Simisage also cannot switch in.

Really the easiest way to fix it is to give Dusclops Will-O-Wisp so you can cripple it. Ice Beam is good enough as a mono attack ((even i it's not STAB.)) and it fixes your severe weakness to Pawniard without really sacrificing much. It also allows you a better check to physical threats ((since you sorta have two more specially orientated sponges and nothing is geared towards Physical Defense..))

I'll take this pretty slowly because I don't want to spend a lot of time on it now. I'll give some advice on Luxray and Armaldo for now.

I dunno who it was that told you Luxray is one of the best 'mons in PU but they're wrong. There are some good physical wall breakers in PU, and some good volt switching electric types and unfortunately Luxray doesn't fall into either category. If what you're looking for is a wall breaker then good pokemon to consider are banded Stoutland, Ursaring, Rampardos, banded Relicanth, life orb Monferno, or SD sheer force life orb Mawile. If you're looking for an electric type momentum grabber then Electrode is the fastest one available, Zebstrika is slower but still outspeeds Floatzel (that's important) and has an electric/grass immunity, Raichu is slower again and unfortunately no longer outspeeds Floatzel but has more special attack and gets access to nasty plot, while Ampharos covers all of your slow volt switching needs, allowing you to get a wall breaker in safely.

If you're dead set on using Luxray I'd probably tweak it's moves a bit. Crunch is better than fire fang because the main physical wall you'll be looking to hit with it is Gourgeist. You could also run guts banded with wild charge, superpower, crunch, and volt switch.

Armaldo looks generally good but I'd run at least 8 EV's in speed to make sure you outspeed other Armaldos seeing as they are weak to rock. Being the faster Armaldo on the field is a definite advantage.

Edit: I should probably add mixed life orb Cacturne to the list of good wall breakers now that it's dropped to PU.

If you're dead set on using Luxray I'd probably tweak it's moves a bit. Crunch is better than fire fang because the main physical wall you'll be looking to hit with it is Gourgeist. You could also run guts banded with wild charge, superpower, crunch, and volt switch.

Also, run Intimidate if Banded. You don't get an attack boost with Guts, however you can't really rely on getting the boost without holding an Orb, and you really REALLY don't want to be statused anyway. Due to Luxray's reliance on Wild Charge as a Physical Electric STAB Luxray gets worn down FAAAAAAAAST. This is even moreso the case as it has nearly no protection from entry hazards, taking damage from Spikes and nuetral damage from Stealth Rocks really starting to rack up passive damage if you add status damage on top of that. However since you can't rely on this boost anymore, with Intimidate, you can force out physical attackers ((as long as they don't got SE moves.)) and regain momentum with Volt Switch, or take out some bigger threats with your coverage moves. Intimidate also allows it to be a more Physically inclined pivot, which gives Luxray somewhat smaller niche over other electric types in the tier since most momentum grabbers don't have really any bulk. Basically... Luxray is partially bulky and offensive. It splits the difference and this is sorta why it's got trouble standing out as it's not specialized in really any way or at least not as much as your Zebstrikas, your Raichus or your Amphys.

Other than this note, Sheep has hit most of my main concerns so... Yep. Hopefully this has helped.

Also, run Intimidate if Banded. You don't get an attack boost with Guts, however you can't really rely on getting the boost without holding an Orb, and you really REALLY don't want to be statused anyway. Due to Luxray's reliance on Wild Charge as a Physical Electric STAB Luxray gets worn down FAAAAAAAAST. This is even moreso the case as it has nearly no protection from entry hazards, taking damage from Spikes and nuetral damage from Stealth Rocks really starting to rack up passive damage if you add status damage on top of that. However since you can't rely on this boost anymore, with Intimidate, you can force out physical attackers ((as long as they don't got SE moves.)) and regain momentum with Volt Switch, or take out some bigger threats with your coverage moves. Intimidate also allows it to be a more Physically inclined pivot, which gives Luxray somewhat smaller niche over other electric types in the tier since most momentum grabbers don't have really any bulk.

I agree except that guts can help with Gourgeist by correctly switching in to a will-o. That's the main use I see for it, but it's probably going to be a pretty common scenario seeing as Gourgeist is everywhere.