Pokémon Miracle changes

As mentioned in the Miracle thread, I'm tweaking some Pokémon's movesets, typings and abilities to make them more interesting and unique. The Pokédex is getting quite big, though, so doing this on my own is getting hard. So, I decided to make this thread in order to discuss the tweaks and hear your ideas!

The point of this thread is not to make everything game-breaking, though. It's just to give Pokémon like Ledian a niche that makes them worth using and make your options more diverse. There will be some rules, then:

1) Unless the Pokémon really needs it, try not to go overboard with the stat changes. A +10 raise is enough for most Pokémon.

2) Keep your changes reasonable and flavorful. Fairy Mesprit is fine, Hydro Pump Vivillon isn't.

3) Remember, those tweaks are meant to increase diversity! Try to avoid saturated niches or changes that make a Pokémon so good it overshadows everything else. No Aerilate Noivern, please!

4) Keep other forms in mind! While vanilla Mawile is weak, increasing its stats would affect Mega Mawile.

5) Most of these rules can be reasoned with if you can justify your choices. Buffing Gyarados is unacceptable, but giving a large stat raise to a Pokémon like Delcatty is perfectly sensible.

You can see the current list of tweaks here!

Edited by Amanojaku

I have a LOT of ideas if you're interested, but take note of "a lot". They really are, a LOT. If you're interested, I'll send them to you in a PM since it's really really huge.

I actually had a list of potential stat buffs that I was going to do for my own game. Nothing too OP. I just gave a lot of the weaker Pokemon +10 stat buffs. Some of the much weaker ones did get +20, though. I'm sure there are plenty others that could also use a buff.

Raticate (+10 ATK)

Arbok (+10 DEF)

Sandslash (+10SPE)

Parasect (+10ATK)

Farfetch'd (+10ATK) (+10SPE)

Marowak (+10HP)

Lickitung (+10HP)

Jynx (+10DEF)

Furret (+10HP)

Ledian (+20SPA)

Ariados (+10SPD) (+10SPE)

Sudowoodo (+10SPD)

Unown (+10ATK) (+10SPA)

Dunsparce (+10ATK)

Magcargo (+10HP)

Corsola (+10HP) (+10SPA)

Mightyena (+10HP)

Linoone (+10SPE)

Masquerain (+10SPE)

Shedinja (+10SPE)

Delcatty (+10ATK) (+10DEF) As it turns out a 20 point stat buff doesn't do much for it. Maybe it could get Fur Coat?

Bibarel (+10HP)

Kricketune (+10SPA)

Watchog (+10SPE)

Unfezant (+10SPE)

Swoobat (+10SPA)

Maractus (+10HP)

Aromatisse (+10HP)

Dedenne (+10DEF)

Edited by Makattack202

I'll dump my ideas here~

Rotom line:

+Through a special tutor, the Rotom Formes can exchange their forme-exclusive move with another forme-exclusive move. It will be forgotten if the Rotom changes back to normal forme
+ Rotom-Frost: Ice Beam

+ Rotom-Fan: Hurricane

+ Rotom-Mow: Petal Dance

+ Rotom-Heat: Flamethrower
+ Rotom-Wash: Whirlpool

Voltorb line:
+ Voltorb's Attack stat is raised to 50, while Electrode's Attack stat is raised to 80.

Sentret line:
- Sentret now evolves at level 20. Like Ratata, Zigzagoon, Patrat, and Bunnelby.
+ Sentret learns Protect at Level 20, while Furret learns it at Level 24.
+ Sentret and Furret's first ability is now Frisk, replacing Run Away.
+ Sentret and Furret's Hidden Ability becomes Fur Coat.
+ Sentret learns Substitute at Level 33, while Furret learns it at Level 34.
+ Furret learns Wrap at Level 20.

Dunsparce:
+ Dunsparce's Attack stat and Special Attack stat are now 90 and 85 respectively. While its Special Defense stat and Speed stat are now 70 and 60 respectively. (Bringing its BST to 475)
+ Dunsparce learns Curse at Level 1.
+ Dunsparce learns Dragon Pulse at Level 30.
+ Dunsparce learns Tri-Attack at Level 50.

Bellsprout line:
+ Bellsprout and Weepinbell now learns Razor Leaf at Level 20, Sludge at Level 28, Leaf Tornado at Level 30, and Sludge Bomb and level 50.
+ Victreebel now learns Poison Jab at Level 50.
+ Bellsprout's Speed is now 50, Weepinbell's Speed is now 65, Victreebel's Speed is now 80.

Edited by IntSys

I have a LOT of ideas if you're interested, but take note of "a lot". They really are, a LOT. If you're interested, I'll send them to you in a PM since it's really really huge.

Sure, feel free to give me your suggestions any way you like!

I got some ideas. If need an opinion or help let me know, and I'll do my best to provide it

Thanks! I'll be sure to ask you in case I need an opinion.

I actually had a list of potential stat buffs that I was going to do for my own game. Nothing too OP. I just gave a lot of the weaker Pokemon +10 stat buffs. Some of the much weaker ones did get +20, though. I'm sure there are plenty others that could also use a buff.

Raticate (+10 ATK)

Arbok (+10 DEF)

Sandslash (+10SPE)

Parasect (+10ATK)

Farfetch'd (+10ATK) (+10SPE)

Marowak (+10HP)

Lickitung (+10HP)

Jynx (+10DEF)

Furret (+10HP)

Ledian (+20SPA)

Ariados (+10SPD) (+10SPE)

Sudowoodo (+10SPD)

Unown (+10ATK) (+10SPA)

Dunsparce (+10ATK)

Magcargo (+10HP)

Corsola (+10HP) (+10SPA)

Mightyena (+10HP)

Linoone (+10SPE)

Masquerain (+10SPE)

Shedinja (+10SPE)

Delcatty (+10ATK) (+10DEF) As it turns out a 20 point stat buff doesn't do much for it. Maybe it could get Fur Coat?

Bibarel (+10HP)

Kricketune (+10SPA)

Watchog (+10SPE)

Unfezant (+10SPE)

Swoobat (+10SPA)

Maractus (+10HP)

Aromatisse (+10HP)

Dedenne (+10DEF)

Those buffs are very sensible, I like them! I just think that Jynx's boost should have gone somewhere else, because a +10 buff is not going to salvage a 35 defense stat.

I'll dump my ideas here~

Rotom line:

+Through a special tutor, the Rotom Formes can exchange their forme-exclusive move with another forme-exclusive move. It will be forgotten if the Rotom changes back to normal forme

+ Rotom-Frost: Ice Beam

+ Rotom-Fan: Hurricane

+ Rotom-Mow: Petal Dance

+ Rotom-Heat: Flamethrower

+ Rotom-Wash: Whirlpool

Voltorb line:

+ Voltorb's Attack stat is raised to 50, while Electrode's Attack stat is raised to 80.

Sentret line:

- Sentret now evolves at level 20. Like Ratata, Zigzagoon, Patrat, and Bunnelby.

+ Sentret learns Protect at Level 20, while Furret learns it at Level 24.

+ Sentret and Furret's first ability is now Frisk, replacing Run Away.

+ Sentret and Furret's Hidden Ability becomes Fur Coat.

+ Sentret learns Substitute at Level 33, while Furret learns it at Level 34.

+ Furret learns Wrap at Level 20.

Dunsparce:

+ Dunsparce's Attack stat and Special Attack stat are now 90 and 85 respectively. While its Special Defense stat and Speed stat are now 70 and 60 respectively. (Bringing its BST to 475)

+ Dunsparce learns Curse at Level 1.

+ Dunsparce learns Dragon Pulse at Level 30.

+ Dunsparce learns Tri-Attack at Level 50.

Bellsprout line:

+ Bellsprout and Weepinbell now learns Razor Leaf at Level 20, Sludge at Level 28, Leaf Tornado at Level 30, and Sludge Bomb and level 50.

+ Victreebel now learns Poison Jab at Level 50.

+ Bellsprout's Speed is now 50, Weepinbell's Speed is now 65, Victreebel's Speed is now 80.

I like those ideas! Raising the Voltorb line's Attack stat makes a lot of sense, since its whole gimmick is exploding. The only one I'm not really sure about is Rotom-Mow's, since Petal Dance doesn't make much sense on it. Energy Ball would be better, in my opinion.

Another suggestion is that maybe Cranidos/Rampardos could get Rock Head as an ability. The line was practically made for that ability, and frankly having Recoil-less Head Smash is a good trade-off for being a slow glass cannon.

Or if you really want to you can give them Reckless and subsequently give them absurd amounts of power.

Edited by Makattack202

I know that Reborn had a fan-made mod like this before, but it's sadly inactive now. Still, you could try finding it, since it does have some neat ideas.

Anyway...

- Give Motor Drive to Rotom, so Rotom-Fan finally has a usable ability.

- Give Flying Press to Pikachu / Raichu as a relearn move? It can't breed with Hawlucha, so that would probably be the best way to do it. It's the only move that you haven't given to the Pikachu line that Cosplay Pikachu gets.

- Give Cyndaquil line Earth Power (and maybe a few other Ground moves), as it's the Volcano Pokemon

- Maybe make Blastoise part Steel? You could add Gyro Ball and Flash Cannon to its level up moves (Flash Cannon is a relearn). Just prefer it when all of the starters have dual typing, and Squirtle's the only Gen 1 starter who doesn't.

- You should definitely switch Vaporeon's Hydration to Marvel Scale so it fits with Jolteon's Quick Feet and Flareon's Guts and won't be broken at all

I'd post more now but I gtg, but gl!

also shia definitely has a lot of ideas btw

I always thought personally that ledian needed a complete change in its stats. Like screw special attack and a random 110 SpDef. (really like why? why is THAT the power-ranger bug's highest stat?) and make it a nice fast physical attacker. What should its stats be? idfk... I'm not that good at this stats stuff... I'm just an idea guy...

Part 2 of my ideas~

Bergmite line:
+ Bergmite learns Icicle Crash at Level 45, while Avalugg learns it at Level 52.
+ Bergmite can learn Rollout and Stealth Rock from breeding.

+ Bergmite and Avalugg can learn Explosion from TMs.

Zigzagoon line:
+ Linoone can learn Extreme Speed at Level 54, and Quick Attack at Level 20.

+ Gluttony is replaced by Speed Boost for Linoone.

Corsola:
+ Corsola's new stats is as follows:
HP: 55 -> 70
Defense: 85 -> 100
Special Defense: 85 -> 100
BST: 380 -> 425
+ Hustle is changed to Sturdy

Castform:
+ Its stats are now 80/80/80/80/80/80 instead of 70/70/70/70/70/70
+ Forecast boosts all stats except HP by 20 upon activation. The stats boost is also given if there are Strong Winds, although they don't change Castform's form.
+ Forecast now activates upon Sandstorm as well, taking a form like a sandy twister.

Luvdisc:
+ Luvdisc's new typing is now Water/Fairy.

+ Luvdisc learns Dazzling Gleam at Level 34.
+ Luvdisc's Hidden Ability, Hydration is moved as its Second Ability, and it gets Technician as its new Hidden Ability.
+ Luvdisc can learn Psychic and Calm Mind through TMs.
+ Luvdisc's new stats is as follows:
Defense: 55 -> 80
Special Attack: 40 -> 80
Special Defense: 65 -> 90
Speed: 97 -> 100
BST: 330 -> 423

Solosis line:
+ The entire line can learn Dazzling Gleam from TMs.

Relicanth:
+ Can learn Shell Smash by breeding with Carracosta.

Edited by IntSys

Another suggestion is that maybe Cranidos/Rampardos could get Rock Head as an ability. The line was practically made for that ability, and frankly having Recoil-less Head Smash is a good trade-off for being a slow glass cannon.

Or if you really want to you can give them Reckless and subsequently give them absurd amounts of power.

Reckless sounds nice! Rock Head Head Smash is kind of Tyrantrum's niche, and Tyrantrum is overall better than Rampardos already. Also, Reckless Rampardos on Trick Room sounds terrifying.

I know that Reborn had a fan-made mod like this before, but it's sadly inactive now. Still, you could try finding it, since it does have some neat ideas.

Anyway...

- Give Motor Drive to Rotom, so Rotom-Fan finally has a usable ability.

- Give Flying Press to Pikachu / Raichu as a relearn move? It can't breed with Hawlucha, so that would probably be the best way to do it. It's the only move that you haven't given to the Pikachu line that Cosplay Pikachu gets.

- Give Cyndaquil line Earth Power (and maybe a few other Ground moves), as it's the Volcano Pokemon

- Maybe make Blastoise part Steel? You could add Gyro Ball and Flash Cannon to its level up moves (Flash Cannon is a relearn). Just prefer it when all of the starters have dual typing, and Squirtle's the only Gen 1 starter who doesn't.

- You should definitely switch Vaporeon's Hydration to Marvel Scale so it fits with Jolteon's Quick Feet and Flareon's Guts and won't be broken at all

I'd post more now but I gtg, but gl!

also shia definitely has a lot of ideas btw

...Marvel Scale actually makes a lot of sense. But it's also kind of Milotic's thing, and both Pokémon have similar stats. I like the idea, but I'm not sure about it yet.

I used some of your ideas already, like giving the Cyndaquil line some Ground moves and the Pikachu line Flying Press! I was also already considering giving Rotom-Fan Motor Drive. And SHIA really has a lot of ideas.

I always thought personally that ledian needed a complete change in its stats. Like screw special attack and a random 110 SpDef. (really like why? why is THAT the power-ranger bug's highest stat?) and make it a nice fast physical attacker. What should its stats be? idfk... I'm not that good at this stats stuff... I'm just an idea guy...

I raised Ledian's Attack already, to make it a nice early-game physical Bug/Fighting-type. It's kind of a discount Heracross, though, but Ledian's not meant for the higher leagues anyway.

Part 2 of my ideas~

Bergmite line:

+ Bergmite learns Icicle Crash at Level 45, while Avalugg learns it at Level 52.

+ Bergmite can learn Rollout and Stealth Rock from breeding.

+ Bergmite and Avalugg can learn Explosion from TMs.

Zigzagoon line:

+ Linoone can learn Extreme Speed at Level 54, and Quick Attack at Level 20.

+ Gluttony is replaced by Speed Boost for Linoone.

Corsola:

+ Corsola's new stats is as follows:

HP: 55 -> 70

Defense: 85 -> 100

Special Defense: 85 -> 100

BST: 380 -> 425

+ Hustle is changed to Sturdy

Castform:

+ Its stats are now 80/80/80/80/80/80 instead of 70/70/70/70/70/70

+ Forecast boosts all stats except HP by 20 upon activation. The stats boost is also given if there are Strong Winds, although they don't change Castform's form.

+ Forecast now activates upon Sandstorm as well, taking a form like a sandy twister.

Luvdisc:

+ Luvdisc's new typing is now Water/Fairy.

+ Luvdisc learns Dazzling Gleam at Level 34.

+ Luvdisc's Hidden Ability, Hydration is moved as its Second Ability, and it gets Technician as its new Hidden Ability.

+ Luvdisc can learn Psychic and Calm Mind through TMs.

+ Luvdisc's new stats is as follows:

Defense: 55 -> 80

Special Attack: 40 -> 80

Special Defense: 65 -> 90

Speed: 97 -> 100

BST: 330 -> 423

Solosis line:

+ The entire line can learn Dazzling Gleam from TMs.

Relicanth:

+ Can learn Shell Smash by breeding with Carracosta.

I really like those buffs, especially Corsola's and the Bergmite line's! I also already considered Extreme Speed Linoone, since I'm trying to include event moves like Bulbasaur with Weather Ball and Zoroark with Sludge Bomb. I'd love to include the Castform one, but I'm not good with spriting Pokémon.

I've been considering expanding the buffs to moves and abilities, like Run Away and Healer. What do you think?

- Run Away allows the user to switch out any time it wants, without triggering Pursuit's effect

- Healer applies the Aromatherapy effect on switch-in

- Truant's effect happens every 3 turns, instead of every other turn OR, instead of loafing around, the user falls asleep for a single turn

Those buffs would probably only be added after Sun and Moon are released, since similar canon moves and abilities could be created by then.

If Truant works by inducing sleep, wouldn't giving a Toxic Orb to a Slaking basically preventing Truant from ever activating?

I didn't realize that, actually... Well, either that (which allows the player to trivialize the Truant effect) or the sleep status replaces the poison, like in Rest (which would be beneficial), and neither of these effects is good. The idea I had was to make Slaking a "strong, but very predictable" Pokémon other than "Just use Protect", so there must be another way of doing it. Do you have any ideas?

Edited by Amanojaku

On top of that, inducing sleep allows you to use Sleep Talk to almost completely ignore Truant.

Here's my proposal: Slaking's Attack, Special Attack and Speed will decrease by 10% every consecutive damaging attack (Applies even if the attack misses). The decrease caps at 50%. You can reset the stats by either Switching Out or use Rest.
A more intense version of stats debuffs would be using the actual stats stages. Use that if you think 10% debuff is not good enough.

This will force Slaking users to use a status move every second turn to avoid the debuff, something like Yawn, Protect, Slack Off and Bulk Up. This makes Slaking weak against bulky taunt users but still doesn't make it completely useless in regular battle.

By the way, since we're talking about Slaking, why not cast some light on Regigigas, who got hindered by its Slow Start so much that no one really respects its Legendary status.

Edited by IntSys

On top of that, inducing sleep allows you to use Sleep Talk to almost completely ignore Truant.

Here's my proposal: Slaking's Attack, Special Attack and Speed will decrease by 10% every consecutive damaging attack (Applies even if the attack misses). The decrease caps at 50%. You can reset the stats by either Switching Out or use Rest.

A more intense version of stats debuffs would be using the actual stats stages. Use that if you think 10% debuff is not good enough.

This will force Slaking users to use a status move every second turn to avoid the debuff, something like Yawn, Protect, Slack Off and Bulk Up. This makes Slaking weak against bulky taunt users but still doesn't make it completely useless in regular battle.

By the way, since we're talking about Slaking, why not cast some light on Regigigas, who got hindered by its Slow Start so much that no one really respects its Legendary status.

That was the plan, actually. Slaking would stop being Protect bait, but every other turn it'd be forced to use Sleep Talk. I think I'm going to scrap this idea, though. Yours looks pretty cool, so I might use it! I'd like to hear your opinion about the other Truant idea I had, making it activate every 3 turns, too.

And I do have plans for Regigigas, but since it's a legendary I was saving it for last. The first idea is to reduce the Slow Start nerf, and the second idea is to lower its BST to 600 and then buff it.

Letting Truant activate every 3 turns makes Slaking quite strong, to be honest. It basically makes Slaking a reliable Choice Band user that can revenge kill / force switches then switch away, like how most choice users work. It's not bad, though. Use it if you'd like.

A couple thoughts:

- Pidgey line special attack boosted to 50/75/100. Learns Swift during level-up.

- Venonat line retyped to Bug/Psychic.

- Primeape line learns Outrage during level-up.

- Seel line retyped to Ice/Fairy. Learns Disarming Voice and Dazzling Gleam during level-up.

- Tyrogue line retyped to Fighting/Dragon. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan learn Dragon Rush during level-up. Hitmontop learns Dual Chop during level-up. Tyrogue can learn Dragon Dance at Lv. 40, otherwise cannot be learned if evolved earlier. (Admittedly this might make Hitmontop really broken with Technician-boosted Dual Chops...)

- Noctowl line retyped to Flying/Psychic. Special Attack boosted to 90.

- Yanma line retyped to Bug/Dragon. Now learns Dragon Breath and Dragon Pulse during level-up.

- Plusle retyped to Electric/Fire. Learns Incinerate by level-up, and can learn Flamethrower through TM.

- Minun retyped to Electric/Ice. Learns Icy Wind by level-up, and can learn Ice Beam through TM.

- Manectric (note: NOT Electrike) retyped to Electric/Ice. Learns Ice Fang instead of Fire Fang during level-up. Additionally learns Aurora Beam and Ice Beam during level-up. Loses the ability to learn Flamethrower and Overheat through TM, but gains Blizzard and Hail.

- Beautifly retyped to Bug/Fairy. Learns Fairy Wind and Dazzling Gleam during level-up.

- Tropius retyped to Grass/Dragon. Learns Dragon Pulse and Earth Power during level-up.

- Glaceon learns Extrasensory during level-up. (Glaceon is theoretically strong but she gets virtually no type coverage, and her abilities don't really help.)

- Staraptor retyped to Flying/Fighting.

- Luxray line retyped to Electric/Dark.

- Pidove line learns Wing Attack or Aerial Ace during level-up. Also learns Facade earlier. (They have a huge attack stat, but don't actually get any physical moves to take advantage of it...)

- Ducklett line evolves at level 25 instead of 35

- The three elemental monkies retyped to Grass/Normal, Fire/Normal, and Water/Normal. All three learn Uproar and Hyper Voice by level-up.

- Zebstrika line retyped to Electric/Fire. Now learns Flare Blitz as its final level-up move.

- Conkeldurr line retyped to Fighting/Rock

- Eelektross line retyped to Electric/Poison. Learns Sludge Bomb and Poison Fang by level-up.

- Braviary and Mandibuzz lines evolve at level 38 instead of 53.

- Vivillion's ability changed to Adaptability

Yeah, you can probably tell that I'm trying to get rid of redundant typings to reduce the amount of Pokemon that appear to be regional copies of each other, especially when it comes to the starter bugs and electric types...

Edited by Alilatias

A couple thoughts:

- Pidgey line special attack boosted to 50/75/100. Learns Swift during level-up.

- Venonat line retyped to Bug/Psychic.

- Primeape line learns Outrage during level-up.

- Seel line retyped to Ice/Fairy. Learns Disarming Voice and Dazzling Gleam during level-up.

- Tyrogue line retyped to Fighting/Dragon. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan learn Dragon Rush during level-up. Hitmontop learns Dual Chop during level-up. Tyrogue can learn Dragon Dance at Lv. 40, otherwise cannot be learned if evolved earlier. (Admittedly this might make Hitmontop really broken with Technician-boosted Dual Chops...)

- Noctowl line retyped to Flying/Psychic. Special Attack boosted to 90.

- Yanma line retyped to Bug/Dragon. Now learns Dragon Breath and Dragon Pulse during level-up.

- Plusle retyped to Electric/Fire. Learns Incinerate by level-up, and can learn Flamethrower through TM.

- Minun retyped to Electric/Ice. Learns Icy Wind by level-up, and can learn Ice Beam through TM.

- Manectric (note: NOT Electrike) retyped to Electric/Ice. Learns Ice Fang instead of Fire Fang during level-up. Additionally learns Aurora Beam and Ice Beam during level-up. Loses the ability to learn Flamethrower and Overheat through TM, but gains Blizzard and Hail.

- Beautifly retyped to Bug/Fairy. Learns Fairy Wind and Dazzling Gleam during level-up.

- Tropius retyped to Grass/Dragon. Learns Dragon Pulse and Earth Power during level-up.

- Glaceon learns Extrasensory during level-up. (Glaceon is theoretically strong but she gets virtually no type coverage, and her abilities don't really help.)

- Staraptor retyped to Flying/Fighting.

- Luxray line retyped to Electric/Dark.

- Pidove line learns Wing Attack or Aerial Ace during level-up. Also learns Facade earlier. (They have a huge attack stat, but don't actually get any physical moves to take advantage of it...)

- Ducklett line evolves at level 25 instead of 35

- The three elemental monkies retyped to Grass/Normal, Fire/Normal, and Water/Normal. All three learn Uproar and Hyper Voice by level-up.

- Zebstrika line retyped to Electric/Fire. Now learns Flare Blitz as its final level-up move.

- Conkeldurr line retyped to Fighting/Rock

- Eelektross line retyped to Electric/Poison. Learns Sludge Bomb and Poison Fang by level-up.

- Braviary and Mandibuzz lines evolve at level 38 instead of 53.

- Vivillion's ability changed to Adaptability

Yeah, you can probably tell that I'm trying to get rid of redundant typings to reduce the amount of Pokemon that appear to be regional copies of each other, especially when it comes to the starter bugs and electric types...

Your buffs are pretty interesting, especially Electric/Poison Eelektross! I'm not sure about the flavor in some of those, though. Could you explain the ones that I bolded? Especially Manectric, the fact that it learns so many Fire moves makes it very unique among Electric-types.

By the way, I'm going to add an area in the beta release where you can test the buffed Pokémon, so I'd like to hear your thoughts about the ones currently in the list! In my opinion, Octillery looks pretty promising, and I'm a bit worried about Sunflora and Bellossom being too similar.

Your buffs are pretty interesting, especially Electric/Poison Eelektross! I'm not sure about the flavor in some of those, though. Could you explain the ones that I bolded? Especially Manectric, the fact that it learns so many Fire moves makes it very unique among Electric-types.

By the way, I'm going to add an area in the beta release where you can test the buffed Pokémon, so I'd like to hear your thoughts about the ones currently in the list! In my opinion, Octillery looks pretty promising, and I'm a bit worried about Sunflora and Bellossom being too similar.

- Seel line: I retyped that mainly because I felt Gen 1 in particular had far too many Ice/Water type Pokemon. That and Ice/Fairy is a combination that doesn't exist yet.

- Tyrogue line: On second thought, just merely having Tyrogue learn Dragon Dance at Lv. 40 would be enough, no need to retype the entire line to Dragon on top of that.

- Plusle and Minun as they are now are nothing more than joke Pokemon meant to be a tutorial on double battles with their abilities. Might as well differentiate the two further by giving each a different second typing.

- Manectric: Ehhh... I'll give you that. It's just that Ice/Electric is a combination that doesn't yet exist outside of a Rotom form, but then again, Fire/Electric is the same way. Fire/Electric Manectric would make more sense then, but I had already converted Zebstrika to Electric/Fire.

- Beautifly: Really just a more offensive Butterfree clone. Needs something to differentiate it from all the 'starter bugs'. Plus giving it a Fairy typing would make it a true opposite of Dustox typing-wise.

- Glaceon: Considering how late in most games Glaceon is usually obtainable, it could stand to get a bit more utility. Although getting an ability that actually works outside of Hail would be better.

Edited by Alilatias

So, I have never seen anybody giving Druddigon some love. Probably because it's speed is abysmal. It has some neat abilities with Rough Skin and Sheer Force, though. The secret ability is Mold Breaker, which is arguably useful.

Anyway, with a few tweaks, one might be able to make the thing viable. I've always been interested in using it, but since the Bulbapedia stat-chart makes me cringe everytime I look at it, I haven't done so already. Keep in mind that I'm not really an expert when it comes to competitive movesets and stuff like that. It's merely an opinion, after all.

1.) HP: 77 》80

ATK: 120, good enough.. really. It just can't use it.

DEF: 90 》100

Sp. ATK: 60 》40

Sp. DEF: 90

SpD: That's it's biggest problem. 48 》70.

BST: 485 》500

2.) - Dragon Dance is available as an Egg Move.. or through a level up. I think the latter one would make Druddigon a little too powerful if you can set it up. Though, it should be a good Pokèmon in the late-game when you have decent breeding assets available. Sure, stuff like Dragonite and RAWRchomp still are better.. but at least the thing is somewhat viable with those changes. The speed-stat actually allows it to outspeed quite a few Pokèmon.. it shares it's speed-stat with Magneton, btw. I deem that good enough. (If you want to make DD available through a level-up, I'd suggest you put it near the mid 50's or the early 60's. Perhaps inbetween Superpower and Outrage at Lv. 58.. maybe even after Outrage at Lv. 70, even if that's a little ridiculous.)

3.) Make the elemental bites available from the start so you can get neat coverage when you visit the move relearner.. namely Poison Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang and Ice Fang. Or scratch Poison Fang, just a suggestion.

4.) Make the typing a little more useful; Maybe Dragon-Dark, Dragon-Rock (Wouldn't recommend. Makes this thing weaker as it is. Or Dragon-Fighting.) My personal favorites are Dragon-Dark and Dragon-Fighting. Solely because a Pokémon with this fighting doesn't exist yet and would make Druddigon a little more unique between all those other powerful Dragon types.

Anyway, before I start making this thing overpowered, I better quit. Hope you like it.

Edited by Lagspike

I got quite a few suggestions.

Arbok
gets the dark typing
gets Strong jaws as a hidden ability
gets Poison fang via lvl 30
gets a +15 to attack
gets a +20 to speed
Onix
gets a + 20 to attack
Ryhorn line
gets sturdy (intead lighting rod)