Fuji's Tale ~ CLOSED BETA ~ A Plot-Heavy Pokemon Fan Game (Last Update: August 28th)

POKEMON - FUJI'S TALE

PROGRESS TO EPISODE 1 AND 2 LAUNCH (Thread Updated On: Aug 28, 2016)
################### [scripting] 100%
################### [Pokemon Data] 100%
################### [beast Type] 100%
################***** [sprites] 70%
################### [Plot] 100%
#############********** [Maps] 60%
############*********** [Events] 60%
################**** [Tile sets] 90%
################**** [Music] 80%

CLOSED BETA VERSION 1
#################### 100%
CLOSE BETA VERSION 2
#################### 100%
EPISODE 1 COMPLETION
###################** 90%
EPISODE 2 COMPLETION
##***************************** 10%

About the Closed Beta:

Fuji's Tale is meant to be a HIGH QUALITY Fan Game, and I want it to be as good, or better
than amazing games such as Light Platinum, and others... Therefore, this game is going to take
a while to reach the public eyes! BUT! The Closed Beta process will be especially active, and
rich of updates!

If you would like to participate in the closed beta and have access to try a primitive version
of the game today, contact me!

The closed beta will last until approximately the end of August, when I will then have a
polished, re-balanced, and improved version of the Beta, and launch an Open Beta of the game.
It still will not be perfect because I will be working on completing Episode One, which means polishing
events, cut-scenes, balance, and other important elements to perfection. At that time, I will
move the game over to the Fan-game Expose Thread, where everyone will be able to enjoy
the thoroughly worked on, and polished Episode 1 (Release date TBA)!

250px-Mr.-Fuji.jpg

GAME BACKGROUND

Mr. Fuji is the main character in the story.

The world will take place in a region near Kanto, and will begin around 50 years before Red's time. You will begin this Tale as a 15 Year Old MR. FUJI.

Deep story that will reveal a lot about The World of Pokemon during the pre-Red generation. We will explore a glorified version of the Gen 1 Pokemon and will include all respective normal, and pre-evolutions.

iPbpUfM.png
PLOT TIMELINE.

1. Fuji as a 15 year old (Get to find out where Fuji comes from, his home town, his starter Pokemon, the world he explored in and how he became the man we know him to be, and also the side of him that many might not be so aware of)

2. Fuji as an 21 year old, After Fuji has been through the first years at the Kanto University where we will meet some of his rivals and friends.

3. Fuji as a 33 year old after his research, after inventing some of the most amazing works that the entire world of Pokemon has seen. His growth as a true Pokemon Trainer.

4. Fuji as a middle aged man 50's, before he becomes that sweet and kind Pokemon care keeper that we all know and love.

5. Fuji as a 65 year old, same time as Red's Adventure.

KEY FEATURES

UNIQUE STYLE FEEL TO THE GAME (IN PROGRESS)
I am remaking most tiles in the game in order to fit the tanish/red theme of this game,

my inspiration is Cubone colors because that is Fuji's thing... so there will be a lot of
yellow, orange, and red in this game! In the future of this game, my aim is to have it feel
unique! I will also be obtaining music that will fit the game well!

BEAST TYPE- (FINISHED)
I am working on this, but this is probably what is going to attract the most people to play my game. I will be replacing the remaining non-fairy type normal Pokemon to be Beast Type and some other Pokemon will receive that as a secondary. Pokemon that don't fit either Fairy or Beast will be given the most logical type.

Details on the Beast Type

Weaknesses: Fairy

Resistances: Fighting, Dark, Dragon

Immunities: Ghost

Types that are Weak to Beasts: Dragon, Dark

Types that Resist Beasts: Flying, Steel, Fairy

Immune to Beasts: Ghost

GEN 1 + GEN 2-
Fuji's Tale takes place 40 years in the past, in a region right next to Kanto and Johto. In fact, it is a nameless region that is considered to be both Johto and Kanto. This is before the discovery of other Pokemon in other regions. The game will also have unique evolution requirements, such as Magmar turning into Magmortar at level 47! Trade Pokemon will evolve through leveling, not through trade.

UNIQUE POKEMON BALANCE, AND TYPINGS - (READY FOR BETA AND ALWAYS IMPROVING)
Along with the unique Beast Type, and Fairy Type, and the removal of the Normal Type Pokemon, each Final Evolution or Base-only Pokemon has been adjusted in order to make all Gen 1 and 2 pokemon playable. Of course, and more players test this, we will be making tweaks a long the way. Some Pokemon have new evolutions that are popular among many fans for Gamefreak to have given a family line. Examples (Tauros and Bouffalant). There are a TON of changes made. This game is meant to over glorify the first two generations, and make you not have to miss the rest of the cast, as all of them will be meaningful and powerful. Want Primeape to be in your party? Great! Primeape now has a very high Physical Attack, and has acquired the Beast typing as its second typing. Want to add Ledian in your party? Well that will be a viable choice as Ledian will have among the highest special defense in the roster, and will also have above average speed. Say you want Sunflora in your team? Wonderful! Sunflora will have very high Special Attack, and will allow you to do very powerful STAB grass type moves.

LEGENDARY ARCANINE - (IMPLEMENTED BUT STILL WORKING ON A SIDE STORY)
As many of you already knew, Arcanine was actually supposed to be a Legendary Pokemon, and would have been given the BEAST typing.. He was planned to be the Beast type legendary in Gen 1. Since this is pre-gen 1, Fuji's Tale had the liberty to revert Game Freak's choice to remove the Beast typing.
Arcanine is now Type 1 Beast, and Type 2 Fire, and it will NOT evolve from Growlithe with a fire stone and instead evolve at level 70. Thus, I have made Arcanine a lot more worth while to obtain, and have balanced out Growlithe so he can be a menace even at the lower evolution stage.

STARTER POKEMON- (FINISHED)
Starter Pokemon are chosen based on what would be Fuji's favorite Pokemon:

1. Cubone > Marowak > Kanghaskhan (Evolves At Level 47)!
2. Poliwag > Poliwhirl > Poliwrath or Politoed (King's Rock for Politoed)
3. Magby > Magmar > Magmortar (Evolves at level 47)

Movesets of starter Pokemon have been adjusted to resemble the balanced movepool that starters usually have.. (AKA starting with scratch/tackle and soon after learning STAB move).

EIGHT GYMS (For now) - (FINISHED WITH ONE)
Each Gym is planned to be a predecessor of the original Gen 1 Kanto gym leaders and will explain to you how each of the Gym bearing towns in Kanto earned their name and were founded.
In Fuji's Tale, Gym leaders will always have 3 or more Pokemon, and the final boss Pokemon will always have perfect IV's but I think its a little cliche to make them shiny so I won't do that.. Gyms will be Challenging. Leader Pokemon move sets are crafted meticulously, and usually will have legal TM's and Egg only moves.
Although the gym leaders all will be a nod to the Gen 1 gym leaders, my hope is that I get around to making each gym and
gym leader unique, along with a deeper back story.

Sneak Peak of the First Gym Leader...

Gym Leader: Nibi (Gym leader of Yamasaki Town (Fuji's Home Town) who inherited Fuji's Grandfather's Gym, who was a grandmaster trainer)
Pokemon Team: Doduo, Charmander, Graveler(PERFECT IVs)

SAMUEL OAK/AGATHA/BLAINE ARE ALL RIVALS (OAK DONE)
I plan to seamlessly connect Fuji's world directly to Red's world, and Professor Oak's arc.
Samuel Oak as a child is actually the same character as the one in the Pokemon Trading Card game,
because that would be a really cool plot twist if you had been playing as Oak then entire time in the PokemonTCG for
the gameboy. As the episodes roll out, I will add the other two rivals, but they will not be met by Fuji until he
is in the university -- and episode 1 is all about Fuji being a 12 year old!

KANTO ACADEMY -
This is going to be part of Episode 2, and is where Fuji meets Blaine, Agatha, and reunites with Oak.
About 7 years will have passed since the beginning of the game, and Fuji will be 22 years old in this part.
The reason is because Oak is approximately 5 - 7 years younger than Fuji and so in order to keep the story
as accurate as possible to the actual Pokemon universe, that's where you will explore the Kanto Academy.

TEAM INSTINCT, MYSTIC, AND VALOR -
In Fuji's Tale, our protagonist is chosen for us, there is no customization of who your character is, or what his name
is because this game is plot heavy and specific to the life of Mr. Fuji. To compensate for that, when Fuji enters the Kanto
Academy, he will have to choose which Team to become a part of in Kanto Academy. Based on this choice, your uniform
will be different, and your partners will change as well! That way, you have a feel of customization in the game that is
also unique to any other Pokemon game you have ever played!

What are the differences between teams?

1. One of the three rivals will be part of your team in Kanto Academy, and you will be able to
fight alongside them in some missions.
2. Your Dorm, and Team Commons will be different, also providing different items in your
Team exclusive shop! Including team exclusive TMs!
3. The Legendary Bird you encounter first in your playthrough will be determined by the team you choose
4. Team Uniform
and MORE!

SEAMLESS GAME START -
The story will lead you to discover Mr Fuji's past as well as the world around him, therefore your name will be Fuji in the story and you won't be able to pick a gender. There will however be a lot that you can choose about your character, such as what team you belong to in Kanto Academy!

DiiYM3s.png

MAIN CHARACTER AGES - (Episode 1 and 2 will feature Fuji growing up!)
As you beat the Gyms and discover the story, you will quickly find out that sometimes your character completely changes setting and your character will have matured and grown older. Expect Fuji to age as the game progresses in the end game. This, I hope, will allow the player to feel more attached to the character and your Pokemon.

BALANCE BETWEEN CANON AND FICTION -
Keep in mind that a lot of this WONT BE CANON, there are a lot of holes to fill in Mr Fuji's story, but with the research done, the game will do its best to keep the story as accurate as possible as well as expand on details and backstories that Nintendo might have left out. Some of the side stories and Evolution's that I have programmed into the game will be based on either personal or popular internet theories.

DIFFICULT GAME -
My favorite video game of all time is Dark Souls ... therefore, I love a very challenging game. I am so happy to have my Beta testers to calm me down during the process of writing the trainer battles, as my intention
is to make the game balanced in a way that the game is hard, but also very much do-able!

CUSTOM SHINIES, AND HIGHER SHINY RATE -
Mr. Fuji has a special way with Pokemon, and is able to attract shiny Pokemon. The same
can be said about Professor Oak who's first Pokemon in Fuji's Tale is a Shiny Female Pichu!

LONG GAME PLANNED THAT WILL BE TOLD AT A SPAN OF 40+ YEARS IN THE STORY -
You will start as a 12 year old Fuji, and as you progress through the game, we will see our
main character age, and mature. He will go through a lot of trials in his life, and will
end up discovering things that not many ever will!

MORE COOL FEATURES (IN PROGRESS)

• Custom Shinies
  • Auto Save Feature
  • Advanced Pokedex

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or in a private message and I will do my best to answer each of you!!
kRtUsCL.png
w2NQG0v.png

THANK YOU BETA TESTERS:( These are people who want to follow the development of the game and give constructive feedback. To qualify, post on this topic and follow it!)
@Australian_Samurai
@Atlas105
@Nightsong
@Tempest
@Lagspike
@Crow_BlackFeather
@Amanojaku
@YoshiOfRedemption
@Neo
@dtrey529

Beta Download Link (Close Beta... Contact me for access! :))

BETA LINK ONLY HANDED TO CLOSED BETA TESTERS FOR NOW UNTIL IT IS READY FOR OPEN BETA

SHOUTOUTS

to @Australian_Samurai for helping me with Beast type and removing the Normal type!
to @Jan for allowing me to use Pokemon Rejuvination's graphics to work on my project!
to All my Beta Testers for providing amazing support and feedback, better than I could ever ask for!

Edited by Zyxeos

AUG 7 2016 DEV PROGRESS UPDATE

ADDED NEW SCREENSHOTS.

Been working ALL WEEKEND ON THE GAME.

HUGE!

I finished programming, and finished implementing the Fairy and Beast type. Removed the Normal type and changed Normal moves to types that will fit the move better. Have made changes in some pokemon to better fit the type they deserve, such as Charizard being a Fire Dragon (OP!?!?!)

ADDED MORE MAPS

1 Dungeon, and one Forest (Not finished)

Version 0.5 Downloadable should be here soon for you all to try out!

Special shoutouts to my good friend @Australian_Samurai for helping me create the beast type Moves!

Thank you for following the Development of Fuji's Tale, ran by a passionate programmer!

Edited by Zyxeos

I think this will be a really interesting take on a story that isn't explored much.

I'm really interested to see how the beast type and balancing changes will affect the gameplay.

I would love to help!

Welcome aboard Nightsong!

I really hope you do enjoy the new Pokemon balances and type changes! You will definitely notice a big difference, but one thing is for sure. I want to make sure every Pokemon is good, and worthy to be part of a team.. Even Raticate! I have given him the Dark Beast typing, and should actually be super good now.. With a very strong physical.

If you get your hands on a high level Dunsparce, be ready to wreack havoc!

Or a Sunflora with really good special moves, willl tear apart your opponent!

Episode 1 coming very soon!

Beta testers will be getting a Demo project soon. It will contain the game so far, a beta test zone
to test the different pokemon encounters.. 1 gym, 1 part of the beginning storyline, the ability to gain the TM Cut which will be unlocked by beating a trial cave, similar to a gym... but TM's will be obtained during these trial zones. You will be able to pick your starter Pokemon, and hopefully will be able to assemble a pretty solid early game team... You will need it, as this game tends to get challenging fast!

There are many back story elements presented already, and more to be added.

I should be giving Beta testers access to all of this between now and this weekend.

Afterwards, I will be gaining feedback from Beta testers and finishing episode one.

You can still apply to become a beta tester for this episode!

Requirements are that you must post what you think about the game judging by the development notes, what you are excited about it, what you'd like to be in the game, and follow the topic clicking the button on the top right hand corner of this page! That's it! :)

Ah what the hell, count me in.

Will do man! All I ask is that you follow the topic, so you get notified when things get updated :)

Feedback on the developer notes will be appreciated as well!!

I'm excited to have you on board! :)

This is looking really great. Unsure if I should sign up for beta testing, but I might as well just follow the thread an d see how this thing develops.. (Literally.)

Well by following the topic you have met the requirement to get the early access :D!!! So you win! ;P

Glad to have you on board!

Edited by Zyxeos

Well by following the topic you have met the requirement to get the early access :D!!! So you win! ;P

Glad to have you on board!

Uh, well. This wasn't planned. But alright, I'll see how it's going to be, then. Just give me a heads-up if there's something I need to know!

Uh, well. This wasn't planned. But alright, I'll see how it's going to be, then. Just give me a heads-up if there's something I need to know!

Mainly just looking for people to toy around with the game, play it like normal while I finish polishing up the first episode release for everyone. I will have a beta tester room where you will be able to have more powerful pokemon and fight against strong opponents where you will be able to test the new game balances! Its nothing like bug fixing! Just like does it feel fun

Mainly just looking for people to toy around with the game, play it like normal while I finish polishing up the first episode release for everyone. I will have a beta tester room where you will be able to have more powerful pokemon and fight against strong opponents where you will be able to test the new game balances! Its nothing like bug fixing! Just like does it feel fun

Yeah, I expected something like that. But that's not why I commented; I just found it funny how you literally signed me up.. :P

Edited by Lagspike

Yeah, I expected something like that. But that's not why I commented; I just found it funny how you literally signed me up.. :P

Haha... guess I got carried away :P! Been so hyped to release this ASAP for you all to try!

this has some promise I would like to check it out

Glad you are interested in Beta Testing! You're in :)

Developer Blog Post: August 12th 2016

Beta release is 95% Complete!

I won't be home for long today, but it is looking like the release for the beta will be this Saturday!

Last night I worked on it for about 7 hours after coming back from my 8 hour shift!

Been really putting in the work to release the Beta ASAP!

It's not a rushed process though, don't worry!

I took the time last night to create a lot of custom sprite models, and even created a trainer back pokeball throw animation for our main character.

I still need to create a custom sprite for our Rival in battle -- But that's most likely to happen after Beta is released!

There are currently 10-ish battles in the game.. I'll probably add a couple gym trainers so that you can get some exp! The game is pretty hard, and I'm trying to keep it that way, so I'll do my best to not give you too much or too little experience!!

Also, it is okay if your rival absolutely demolishes you in the first match -- it's about a 50-50 right now between you and the rival winning that first battle, which I've always found to be a great rate! The Beta test will be great for you to let me know about the balance of the Rival!

Thank you for following the Development of Fuji's Tale, ran by a passionate programmer!

Edited by Zyxeos

Developer blog - August 13, 2016

I have been working on the Beta for about 15 hours today. I am still not where I want for the game to be released to you guys to play! I want to release the best Beta product I can!

What I can say is that I will be working non-stop on the game until I get the Beta out!

So stay tuned... and sorry for not being able to finish it by today!

I will keep you updated tomorrow, and fingers crossed, as it may drop tomorrow, and I don't wanna pull a Frank Ocean on you guys!

Edited by Zyxeos

BETA IS OUT!

DL in OP under Beta Testers -- Please keep in mind that this is meant for Testing! While the game is fully playable, it will be a lot better when Episode 1 launches! Download this if you want to get a taste of what this game is going to be like, as there are many story elements there already! Many hours put into it! Once I finish the full Episode 1, I will add the official download link to the Fan-Game Expose thread!

I'll add better download links when I get out of work later tonight!!

Thank you for following the development of Fuji's Tale/Adventure!

Edited by Zyxeos