[OU] Deadly Sins

Shad_

Greetings, i'm here today to receive advices for my 2nd RMT: Deadly Sins.

The name comes from one of my favourite Mangas, and each pokémon of this team is named after a Sin. A huge thanks goes to Reignited'Light for suggesting me some improvements already, with them the team got a lot better than its first version, but i still have some things to fix so i thought a RMT could have been a good choice.

Without further ado, let's see the team itself.

AT A GLANCE

445.png376.png151.png625.png647.png381.png

DETAILED

445.gif

Wrath (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Not much to say about it, it's the classical Tankchomp set i fell in love with some time ago.
Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet wears down Physical Atk and punishes Volt Turn Cores, EV Spread and Nature
focused on its Bulk/Speed and a pretty annoying set. Dragon Tail blocks set ups (damn fairies), Fire Blast
wears down Ferrothorn as my team struggles a bit against it and Earthquake is a powerful STAB. Stealth Rock is for Hazards.
376.gif
Gluttony (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
The second part of the infamous core.
Reignited'Light actually suggested me to put some more Atk and invest 96 EVs in Spe rather than Spd, but i
think even this way it's fine as this guy needs to be my Special Wall.
The EV Spread and the nature are explained already by this, Meteor Mash and BP gives STAB and either power or
priority, Zen Headbutt deals with that annoying mon named Keldeo, wich can be a huge threat if
equipped with Choice Specs (as i do actually). Earthquake deals well with Steel Types that can put Meta in trouble, like
Heatran for example,
151.gif
Lust (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 40 Def / 116 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
At this point i needed a Heal Beller/Status absorber, and Mew fills this role in an excellent way.
Synchronize is a wonderful defensive ability, and the EV Spread gives makes my mon covered against both
Physical and Special Atkers with a good chance of outspeeding the opponent (just to make an
example, Mew outspeeds No-Mega Metagross allowing it to use Will-o-Wisp).
Heal Bell gets rid of Statuses, Soft-Boiled for Recovery. Knock Off gets rid of troublesome things on troublesome
opponents and Will-o-Wisp cripples Physical Atkers.
625.gif
Sloth (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 200 HP / 212 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
Bisharp acts as both a Revenge Killer and a Late Game Priority Sweeper thanks to SD + Sucker Punch. It's a weird
combo actually but it's doing a lot of work for this team.
It mainly comes in on Defoggers like Lati@s thanks to Defiant and Pursuit traps them, it's even another resource against
Fairy Types if needed.
Sucker Punch is here for Priority, Pursuit to trap fleeing opponents and Swords Dance to set up. Iron Head
has great power combined with Bisharp's high Base Atk.
647.gif
Pride (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
Keldeo is my Special Sweeper. It's a threat for the 70% of the teams out there thanks to it's base Speed and Special
Atk, if equipped with Specs there aren't many things that this guy brings down, late game or not.
Takes care of mons like Stall Talonflame, Lando-T, Chomp (Mega and normal) and other common OU Threats.
It's the standard set, Scald and Hydro Pump to have STABs that can heavily damage the opponent. Secret Sword is STAB
as well and hits annoying opponents like Chansey or Ferrothorn. Icy Wind takes care of fast mons and some
previously mentioned threats.
381.gif
Greed (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
Last but not least we have Latios, my Defogger and #1 Keldeo/Volcanion switch in.
Reignited'Light actually suggested it and i think it's been a great add to the team as it stops completely Zard
Y/X/Volcanion thanks to Draco Meteor and Keldeo with Psyshock, other than dealing a considerable
amount of damage to a good number of problematic opponents. Defog takes care of Hazards and Roost
acts for Recovery, Draco Meteor and Psyshock are STABs and hits hard.
THREATS
The first one i recognized is Talonflame, it basically destroys all my team even without setting up and Bisharp can't touch
it either if it goes Brave Bird. If it's stall, Keldeo can survive a hit and kill back as well as Latios but if not it's a problem.
Another troublesome one is Slowbro as i basically don't have anything but Draco Meteor to damage it and it can be a huge
threat.
Another one is Raikou, if Metagross is down Specs Raikou can hurt the team a lot if paired with good switch-ins to my moves.
These are the 3 major ones i detected so far, and i'd really like suggestions on how to get rid of 'em honestly. If you find
something else aside these 3 please let me know.
IMPORTABLE

Wrath (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Gluttony (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
Sloth (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 200 HP / 212 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
Lust (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 40 Def / 116 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
Pride (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
Greed (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Well i guess that's all, please let me know what you guys think of the team!

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Hi Steffo!

So, at a very first glance, your team is exceedingly weak to Dark type moves, and Darkspam is a nice and popular strategy, since dark resists are... few and far between. Keldeo is a good answer at first only, since it can't repeadedly switch into strong hits, it gets worn down very easily. Your slow Bisharp can struggle with things like speed-invested Ttar, Lo Kick Weavile and ofc Crawdaunt.

Also, right now you have little to no means of stallbreaking, since Bisharp is both walled by various Pokemon on stall teams and Quagsire stops its sweep cold. And don't say Keldeo, poor Keld has well-established switchins. Slowbro or Amoonguss are some examples of them found on stall teams.

Also as the team is now, you only have recovery on two psychic types (easily pursuit-trappable) and nothing more, meaning that an offensive team can eliminate then or weaken them significantly with Pursuit, wear down the rest of your team and sweep with a faster Pokemon.

Changes:

0) Come on, for Christ's sake, use a damn mega

1) Pursuit Metagross

Utilize Metagross in the correct role: it's not a generic special wall, it's a pursuit trapper that comes in on the Lati twins, gets rid of them and allows Keldeo to spam powerfull attacks. At the same time it's there to hit hard Fairy types. Replace Zen Headbutt with Pursuit. Trust me, you don't wanna stay in on Keldeo and risk the burn. Also follow Skitty's spread, whatever that is

2) Offensive Bisharp

Speed up Bisharp to Jolly max Speed. Drop Pursuit for Knock Off. It's another example of misunderstanding each pokemon's capabilities and exact roles: Bisharp has much less bulk than Metagross and coming in on these Lati Draco Meteors hurts. Pursuit is ran on AV Bish which is much better for the task than Lefties, but it can't wallbreak or sweep well at all. Bisharp's job now is to open holes on the opposing team with the busted Knock Off or clean lategame. Use Lum Berry or Life Orb as item.

I'll be back another time to replace things and help the matchups vs offense and stall

Hi Ody o/

Yep, forgot to say that Weavile actually stops 5/6 of my team rip

Believe it or not i seriously tried to put a Mega in there lol, i just couldn't find one that could fit well. I'm considering Mega Latios, as the Mega it's bulkier and hits as hard as Life Orb Latios. I'm changing both Metagross and Bisharp's sets, i tested things out with a couple of games and actually they're way better this way.

Mega Lati doesn't seem a good choice tho, i tried even it and maybe i should think of something else.

what is mew really doing for your team? it's just adding another dark weakness and making your keldeo and garchomp get weakened to the point where your team gets easily swept by a lot of stuff.

i'd recommend either mega lopunny or dd megazard x > mew

Mew actually is saving my ass in a lot of occasions, while it's true that Pursuit traps it Heal Bell is vital for this team. If i replace it then i'll have to replace something else for another HB user (Clefable maybe?)

Mega Zard X could do tho

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue how to advise you on OU since it is a tier i generally avoid so i have no experience on it, but at least i can tell you that Mega Latios has more overall power than Life Orb Latios... aaand also does not kill itself

Edited by DemICE