Black Butler

Cool Girl

qUcVW.png

Tags: Action, Comedy, Fantasy

(Credits go to MyAnimeList for plot)

Plot: Young Ciel Phantomhive is known as "the Queen's Guard Dog," taking care of the many unsettling events that occur in Victorian England for Her Majesty. Aided by Sebastian Michaelis, his loyal butler with seemingly inhuman abilities, Ciel uses whatever means necessary to get the job done. But is there more to this black-clad butler than meets the eye?

In Ciel's past lies a secret tragedy that enveloped him in perennial darkness—during one of his bleakest moments, he formed a contract with Sebastian, a demon, bargaining his soul in exchange for vengeance upon those who wronged him. Today, not only is Sebastian one hell of a butler, but he is also the perfect servant to carry out his master's orders—all the while anticipating the delicious meal he will eventually make of Ciel's soul. As the two work to unravel the mystery behind Ciel's chain of misfortunes, a bond forms between them that neither heaven nor hell can tear apart.

My thoughts: I really enjoy the anime. There are four seasons total to watch. However, the order to watch them is confusing. That being said, I still recommend this anime.

Also, feel free to discuss the anime in spoilers so that no-one is spoiled! ;)

Edited by Cool Girl

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, Kuroshitsuji? It's personally rather objective. The Victorian era is depicted really well, characters are likeable (and hot) at a glance though Sebastian is kind of a Mary Sue (unless you watch BB2) and you can even make a case that Ciel is pretty much Bruce Wayne as a twelve year old with an eye patch (with Sebby pretty much doing the Mary Sue shit for him). The anime adaption had some holes in in though the twist was pretty fun in Kuroshitsuji 2 where they introduced anime-exclusive characters, and I generally enjoyed the manga much more than I did the manga (primarily because the "I'll take you soul thing" and "revenge fulfilled" arc is not established, unlike the one in the anime that wasn't done the best way.

It's still really good, but objectively not everyone would appreciate it.

Edited by Noir