Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Girl

What Anime Are You Watching?

Started on Spiral earlier today.

So I just watched the first episode of Overlord. It isn't the anime I was looking for, but it shows promise and I know it's been mentioned around a few times.

It's still just the beginning, so does anyone here have any particular opinions about this one?

I'm on the last episode of The King's Avatar. It's only 12 eps long. It's got some great music to it but it's a pretty unrealistic look a mouse and keyboard mmo where you follow a god-tier player as he is forced to start over from scratch and just completely trounce everybody in a way that will make you think Kirito isn't such a gary stu after all. The action is still entertaining though.

Watching Sword Art Online. I'm 10 episodes in and I really like the anime so far.

Probably going to buckle down and watch Space Battleship Yamato soon, though I'm not sure whether to watch the original or remake.  Have to look into that.

Classroom of the Elite (Really enjoying that one)

New Game! Second season (Makes me really happy)

Knights and Magic (may drop, pretty average)

Convenience Store Boy Friends (same and Knights and Magic)

Rewatching Assassination Classroom. I definitely recommend you guys check it out if you get the chance!

Binge watched Your Lie in April. Had some nitpicks and issues with it, but it was good.

Watching "The Devil is a Part-Timer" on Netflix. So far, I'd have to give it a B- overall.

The main plot revolves around the devil fleeing to another dimension/world (ours) as he and his forces are routed by the hero. Since our real life world has little to no magic, he reverts to a body little more than a basic human while storing the rest of his magic in order to return to his home realm. Since becoming (more) human his plan to conquer the world follows the path of trying to attain power by rising up through the ranks of a fast food industry chain (obviously stupid). The 'hero' follows him through his gate to our world only to be faced by the same magical dilemma, compounded with the fact that the Devil now feels emotions (maybe) and it makes it hard for her to kill him, as wells as the fact that he behaves like a decent human being now that he is reduced to being a relatively normal human. There is a lot of absurdist situational humor and tactics in a way that I wouldn't recommend this for anyone to take seriously.

If you're looking for a way to pass time, this is okay. I wouldn't recommend it as a good anime in anyway whatsoever. It has way too may trope pitfalls for that.

just finished tiger and bunny, it was pretty neat, shame about the lack of advertisers on the netflix version